[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been itching to play Dragon Age Origins+Inquisition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: RnGIula.jpg (251 KB, 1622x934) Image search: [Google]
RnGIula.jpg
251 KB, 1622x934
So I've been itching to play Dragon Age Origins+Inquisition again. Played them before a long while ago and really loved them. Then again Dragon Age Inquisition is already out sooo....would I miss out on the fun / lore if I opt not to play that?
>>
>>337672794
Whoops I meant Origins +Awakening
>>
I'm pretty sure that if you just want to set your choices correctly you can do it on that Dragon Age Keep thing
Otherwise, play the Origins anyway faggot
>>
>>337672794
well, dragon age 2+3 is mostly about gay sex and literal drama around every corner, so lore-wise you mostly pass on some bull-cock-references and and ugly girls who talk like they just fled a mental institute.

I'm still baffled how they made a sort-of classic wrpg with da1 and then the whole "awesome-button" fiasco happened.
>>
File: 303403045.jpg (2 MB, 3239x1800) Image search: [Google]
303403045.jpg
2 MB, 3239x1800
>>337672794
Inquisition adds TONS of lore and secrets to the series, so yeah, you miss out on a lot of stuff if you don't play it. It explains lots of things, answers some questions, and creates more. It also provides insight on the culture and politics of Orlais and Ferelden, but most of all the elven and dwarven civilizations.

Don't believe everything /v/ says: the game is actually good and there is "muh SJW pandering" only if you go look for it. The dialogues and characters are fine and no homo will jump at you.
>>
>>337672794
>Then again Dragon Age Inquisition is already out sooo....would I miss out on the fun / lore if I opt not to play that?

I don't know, you tell me. You're starting with the third game in a trilogy. They're largely unrelated yes, but I pity anyone who has to lore the lore from Codex info dumps in DAI because they can't be bothered to explain it to you naturally. Also, you won't really understand the threat of Blights and shit.
>>
>>337675117
>Also, you won't really understand the threat of Blights and shit.

>monsters come out of the ground and attack the world

there done
>>
File: 1396626329357.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1330) Image search: [Google]
1396626329357.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1330
>>337672794

DA:I actually adds relevant lore, as well as plenty of cameos and references to the previous games.

Be forewarned that the combat system is really shitty, though. It's not as bad as DA2, but it's still really unfun boring shit.
>>
>>337675216
>It's not as bad as DA2

As bad as DA2 could be, it's still miles better then inquisition.
>>
>>337675286

I've always considered encounter design to be a key aspect to combat in an RPG, and DA 2 is definitely the worse contender in that regard.
>>
File: 1443529710597.jpg (10 KB, 250x235) Image search: [Google]
1443529710597.jpg
10 KB, 250x235
>>337672794
Play Origins - it's the best in the series.
Inquisition is a pampering baby-fest offline MMO with shitty fetch quests. The only thing I can remember about Inquisition that the main villain sucked ass, the real ending was DLC, the other DLCs sucked cock, it had great music and an okay quest Wicked Eyes Wicked Hearts where you infiltrate the Orlesian court.

I can't fucking believe how much they fucked up the Grey Wardens in the third game. The templars and mages conflict would have been interesting if it wasn't so fucking retarded and the whole idea of "our maps combined are bigger than Skyrim hurr durr" doesn't matter because there isn't dick to do in the game. Just hunt fucking portals to get points to get good missions. Even the Skyhold customization sucked ass. Companions too - I mean there was Varric who was in the second game and literally the only companion aside Blackwall and Iron Bull who have an actual backstory and character to them. The rest of them are essentially latino tsundere manface, some ghost kid, a black mage, some fucking loud obnoxious lesbian orc elf, some faggot with a moustache and some other elf who is a faggot retard and is at fault for everything going to shit and then he thinks making things more shit makes them better.
Seriously, the only characters that are even remotely okay are Josephine, Leliana, Cullen, Blackwall, Varric and the Iron Bull. That last one I'm not so sure about, but he can be okay at times.

Everything is the same boring shit.
Oh and the animation.
Fuck the animation is bad. I think the refresh rate or something was lower than they intended originally so it looks jittery and like crap. And they still haven't fixed the godawful BioWare face. And they never will because they fired all their good employees.

Morons. They fucked up a good game and the sequel is going to be about fucking elves. Who gives a shit about some fucking elves.

The lore is aight tho
>>
File: 1459902434752.jpg (52 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1459902434752.jpg
52 KB, 1280x720
I loved Origins but Dragon Age 2 just completely killed the series for me. I didn't even play Inquisition. Feels bad man.

Not even your typical overly cynical /v/fag
>>
>>337675753
DA:I is fine if you can do a few things:
1. discern the fetch quests from actual side quests
2. Install a mod that ncreases your movespeed
3. Make a warrior and spec as a Reaver

Seriously, playing a reaver made the game actually kind of fun. You get more damage the lower your health is, and you have a skill that eats your HP to do massive damage.
>>
>>337675617
Makes you wonder why the hell they just didn't keep the combat systems from Origins and keep on expanding that. Instead went for the press button for AWESOME for 2 and Inquisition is just a mix of the two without pleasing either crowd.

Inquisition at least had some nice eyecandy backgrounds, but other than that it was pretty bad.
>>
>>337675216
Nah, DA2 combat system itself was solid. it was the encounter design that did the game in with ANOTHER WAVE bullshit.
>>
File: get ready for disappointment.jpg (86 KB, 1274x712) Image search: [Google]
get ready for disappointment.jpg
86 KB, 1274x712
>>337676151
>Makes you wonder why the hell they just didn't keep the combat systems from Origins and keep on expanding that. Instead went for the press button for AWESOME for 2 and Inquisition is just a mix of the two without pleasing either crowd.

Because they wanted the action crowd, but still needed the game to stay an RPG for the sake of established player base. Problem is that unlike, for example Dragon's Dogma, Inquisition is no an action game - it merely seems like it until you realize there still shit like wonky attack ranges, delayed animations and whatnot. It's still basically just numbers behind the scenes and turning to this faux- action system and then making you HOLD A FUCKING BUTTON for auto attack kills the game.
>>
>>337677194
>that pic

I love the dragon fights in inquisition. Mite be my favorite part.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.