[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have about 100+ hours played, still in mid Silver ranks with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Karin-sf5-artwork.jpg (553 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Karin-sf5-artwork.jpg
553 KB, 1920x1080
Have about 100+ hours played, still in mid Silver ranks with a ps3 pad.

What the fuck do i have to do to get git gud?
>>
>>337663598
>karin
just watch any stream and every other game you'll see people playing her. Be observant so you can get an idea of how the character should be played. Also learn your frame data so you can get an idea of when you should and shouldn't be pressing buttons.
>>
The people who are good at these games have been playing for like a decade. In order to get good you're gonna need closer to 2000 hours than 100 hours.

I probably have about 1000 hours across all fighting games and I'm still shit at them.

Also, tip for getting good is to attend local events and play people who are better than you frequently.
>>
>>337663820
I used to main Necalli but i feel Karin is more of my playstyle, i like heavily footsie based characters so i can learn the fundamentals better. Not sure if i should follow the meme of "If your new to street fighter don't play anyone other than Ryu".
>>
>>337663874
I guess patience is key
>>
>>337663598
Mid Silver is pretty good.

I don't think that rank determines how "good" you are. As long as you are playing the game and having fun, that's all that really matters, my man.
>>
>>337664241
>"If your new to street fighter don't play anyone other than Ryu"
Don't fall for this, Karin is really easy to play despite having some flashy execution-heavy combos that you'll never have to use. She has some of the best normals in the game so if you like footsies she shouldn't disappoint you.
>>
>>337664305
For certain. What you have to decide is - do you really care enough about this one genre of video games to dedicate that much time to get good at them?

Personally, I couldn't bare the idea of ever "practicing" a video game in order to get some gratification dozens of hours down the line. I also couldn't bare the idea of sinking that much time into a single game. But, if you don't mind those things and you do really want to get good, then of course practice makes perfect.
>>
>>337664359
Yeah, I am trying to play as every character in the game and I can't play as Karin because of all the fucking execution crazy combos.
>>
Been playing Ryu and am having fun, but I think at some point once I'm less shit I wanna switch to a faster character like Nash or Ken

or should I just stick to Ryu forever?
>>
Youre going to have to study
>>
>>337664502
Yeah my heart is in Street Fighter, ive loved street fighter ever since i was a kid but never wanted to get serious. I wouldn't mind being a decent player in it because i enjoy criticizing my gameplay and improving on my mistakes.
>>
>>337664502
A lot of people have "that game".

It's the game you keep coming back to whenever you've got nothing else in your backlog or you're not in the mood to play anything in particular.

It's how some people can have thousands of hours in MOBAs or CSGO.

For me, it's just SF. It's something I launch on my second screen, turn on auto search match, and do whatever I was doing on my main screen, be it lurking, watching chinese cartoons, or working. Do a match every 5-15 minutes, lose or win, and go back to doing whatever the fuck I was doing.
>>
>>337664535
Just practice and you'll get the important ones down to muscle memory. Your first goal should be learning how to use v-trigger to hit confirm into your critical art. Other than that she's pretty self-explanatory.
>>
>>337663598
>100+ hours

Play a lot more.
>>
>>337667457
Yeah i guess i need to play a bit more hey
>>
You need to consider the fact that you might get sponsored, then you'll make it to diamond.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.