[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can't we just agree that new DOOM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: DOOT.png (568 KB, 586x738) Image search: [Google]
DOOT.png
568 KB, 586x738
is not a good game, but is also not a bad game based on today's standards?

It's average, mkay?
>>
Its not average, if you compare it to all recent AAA releases its better than all of them. I dont care what /v/'s little bubble thinks. Step out of it, it's fantastic, I have been playing Doom for a few years now and its fantastic as well. Enjoy what you want and dont let the relentless negativity of this shithole where discussion is called shilling effect you.
>>
>>337662960
>I have been playing Doom for a few years now

Oh wow, that badge of honor, that medal of credibility

No one on the planet actually has played Doom before, and you've been doing it for years you say? congratulations!

Your opinion has so much weight I'm going to buy seven copies of D44M
>>
>>337662960
>this shithole where discussion is called shilling effect you.
This place really is toxic
I was banned up until 2 hours ago and was actually having fun

Now I feel myself getting sucked back into this negative shithole

I think I'm just gonna get myself permabanned because fuck this place and fuck all of you

There is nothing I hate more than /v/
>>
>>337662960
>I have been playing Doom for a few years now
Watch out everyone, we have a real Doomer here.
He's been playing for a few years when the game has been out for over 2 decades.
>>
>>337662784
>is not a good game

Fuck off.
>>
>>337663336

You shouldn't hate this place. You should leach out the reasons for negativity and realize it's a it's a not so black and white world.
>>
>>337663124
You have problems
>>
>>337662960
>I have been playing doom for a few years
translated
>I'm 16 and I played doom a few times in computer class
but then
>Doom is better than every AAA game (but not indie ones?) ever made.
Your post is a mess, half of it talks about video games and the other half is some bullshit feel good about your opinions vibe. Kindly stop playing video games and coming onto /v/.
>>
>>337663683
I'm going to boil down every single Doom thread for you, in a nutshell:

>some guys who played the MP beta, thought the game would be CoD garbage, and were pleasantly surprised by a competent SP design
>some guys who call the above guys shills, and probably live in europe, are too poor to afford the game, and because of denuvo will shitpost it to death
>some neckbeards who can't accept the fact that things change and will complain about literally everything and anything if it's not a pixel-perfect remake of the original game
>endless bickering ensues because each type thinks they can win over the other side, when no side has the desire or capacity to change

And that's it. That's literally every post, in every thread, falls somewhere in there. You can't have a serious conversation about Doom because it will absolutely devolve into this. You can't have a serious conversation about fucking anything because finding fault in something is child's play in a flawed medium such as video games. You know what's *actually* hard? Finding the good in something.

And I tell you this without a shred of doubt, ther is nothing good in /v/. /v/ is absolute fucking cancer. Literally.
>>
>>337664163
>this website sucks
>but i better keep coming here

And thats why your opinion is garbage!
>>
>>337664163

/v/ is cancer? But m8, wasn't this the only place where we can escape the cod kids?

Shit son, do I actually start browsing steam forums?
>>
>>337664369
every addiction functions this way
it starts off something you do because you like it, and it ends something you hate but you keep doing because you can't live without it
>>
>>337664657

Yet we stopped playing wow...
>TFW Blizzard saved us from itself
>>
>>337664657
It's time to start loving it then, anon. To get down to your level, life is what you make it and all that gay shit. If you hate it you'll hate yourself.

Embrace your future.
>>
>>337662784
>shoot enemies
>if they dont die in a single shotgun hit, keep shooting and when they start flashing just hit "F"

wow such great gameplay we have here /v/.
>>
>>337662784
>It's average
It's a great game even when compared to yesterday's standards.

/v/ is just full of sperglords.
>>
>>337664843
>your favorite game
>press some buttons to win
complaining is literally easy mode: the game
it's why this site is so popular with children. literally anyone can do it. if you can't take a single fucking *screenshot* and find at least 5 things to complain about, you're not even trying
>>
>THE GAME IS SHIT IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY A SHILL

>O-OK UM IT'S ACTUALLY AVERAGE OK IT'S STILL NOT GOOD OK
>>
I want to try it so bad, but it seems that pirates are going down
>>
>>337665479

pirates never go down, they just get more isolated
>>
File: 1200.jpg (322 KB, 1200x548) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
322 KB, 1200x548
>>337665525
Its sad. We were able to get everything even earlier than normal scum
>>
>>337662784

What an empty opinion. Are you hedging your bets here to try and not look uncool to random /v/tards?
>>
>>337665696

Kek, we're anon if you forgot.

And I don't think it's an empty opinion. I like to think that there's a scale of how much objectively good something can be in that area of field. (And I don't mean vg in general but fps)
>>
>>337662784
No? is a great game.
>>337663124
seek medical help anon
>>
>>337664163
Sounds like you're not very good at taking your own advice: Finding fault in a flawed medium like /v/ is child's play. Maybe you should consider finding the good in it.
>>
>>337662784
Eh
>>
It is average, and every faggot in the thread that says it isn't are blind to it. They are just being contrarian, just like /v/ they oppose to.

Ironic really.
>>
File: sneer.jpg (43 KB, 575x1024) Image search: [Google]
sneer.jpg
43 KB, 575x1024
Has anyone actually asked John Romero about his opinion on the game yet?
>>
File: 1429848539952.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1429848539952.gif
2 MB, 500x500
All I fucking think of when seeing DOOT is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-duVcoHOt8

If I play the game and change the audio to be that DOOT sound, would it increase the gameplay experience?
>>
I'm going to say that not only is it a great game compared to modern standards, It's also Doom enough to be a good Doom game.

I'd rank its quality at the level of the first Bioshock.
>>
>>337662960
> if you compare it to all recent AAA releases its better than all of them. I dont care what /v/'s little bubble thinks. Step out of it, it's fantastic

Raise your standards you fucking pleb I don't judge a game to be good because it's better than absolute shit.
>>
the SP is good but the MP is the standard trash you'd expect from most modern games
>>
Something I love about Doom 4 is Doomguy himself, his personality and how they made a character that's a silent protagonist but conveys his emotion though actions and simple head movement.

>Scientist is talking though elevator display about how unleashing hell was worth it for new energy sources; "We're helping humanity." he says, Doomguy looks at mutilated human that's in the elevator with him and then proceeds to smash the display.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.