[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Its time to face the facts. This game was the true Sonic Adventure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: 2435204-sonic+unleashed[1].png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2435204-sonic+unleashed[1].png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Its time to face the facts. This game was the true Sonic Adventure 3 in almost everything but name. No, not Sonic 06. This. And even the Japanese title danced around it. The only thing missing was the Chao Garden.

And it was a solid 8/10 with a lot of content, perfect music, beautiful environments, and fun gameplay and collection elements
>>
Shameful self bump. I ordered this like 2 weeks ago and just got around to beating it tonight if anyone remembers that thread. What was everyones beef with the Werehog? Serious question
>>
File: 1440131413280.gif (680 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1440131413280.gif
680 KB, 600x800
>sonic adventure 1: Super sonic
>sonic adventure 2: Super sonic, Super shadow
>sonic adventure 3: Super sonic, Super shadow, Super silver
That's my headcanon
>>
>>337661784
So each adventure game introduces a new hedgehog that goes super? Thats not a bad idea, theres certainly been worse headcanons
>>
>>337659498
Unleashed was honestly better than Generations.
Generations was great fan service sure, but everything else was lacking.
>>
Sonic Generations + The Unleashed Project is the single greatest iteration of Sonic.
>>
>>337659498
Sonic 06 is more like SA3 than SU is
>Three main campaigns and a final one once you beat the main three
>Multiple playable characters
>Hub worlds
Yea it sucks, but don't try to kid yourself anon
>>
>>337661908
Agreed, all the effort went towards fan service. Everything was lacking hard and the bosses were a disaster. The Unleashed bosses, while brief or simple, were pretty fun and chaotic, totally fit with the rest of the game

>>337661972
Eh, I liked the objects exclusive to Unleashed, physics, voice clips, and general "game feel" of unleashed over generations. Generations is to rigid feeling for me
>>
>>337662220
While all that IS true...I think SU does the hubs and playable characters thing better than 06 could ever dream of. The general quality is a direct improvement in every single way. Amazing what a change of focus can do after only 2 years
>>
>>337662436
It does those things better than 06, but my point that 06 is more similar to the Adventure games still stands
>>
>>337662572
Well then, you got me there anon

Ive been on a sonic binge for the last few weeks. Went through adventure and adventure 2 in one day each. But most of it has been spent playing SU. Really phenomenally paced game with exciting sequences and hype ending with eggmanland, egg dragoon, and dark gaia. They sure dont make em like they used to
>>
>>337662841
I felt so good 100%'ing Unleashed.

Getting the hotdogs for Eggmanland.. holy fuck
>>
WOO
HYAH
GO
WOO
FEELIN' GOOD
>>
File: 1463124327497.png (814 KB, 604x717) Image search: [Google]
1463124327497.png
814 KB, 604x717
>>337663268
>mfw seeing eggmanland get a hub after beating the game

Giving that junior robot a quiz was so nice but it gave me feels. He wasnt programmed to know what sonic is yet and said he hopes he doesnt die on the battlefield...god damnit. I've never felt bad for killing a robot until then. And then i shit myself after seeing a hotdog vendor.

I only did a few of them but am eager to do more. They actually give good EXP and im curious to speed run the night levels, since theyre open for shortcuts and mobs to skip. Did a spagonia night time attack, mazuri day ring challenge, chun nan night reduced HP challenge, and adabat day kill challenge.
>>
File: 1435352319555s.jpg (49 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1435352319555s.jpg
49 KB, 800x600
>unleashed
>solid 8/10
Fuck no, did you play those warehog sections?
potentialy good day time stages that were flawed and spread out by awful combat and shit bosses.
>token system
>hub worlds
Yea, no. that game was 5/10 at best.
and thats not a shitty ign score, 5 is the median: the 50th percentile. The 50th percentile of satisfaction is where the game begins to lean good or bad. The game was ok. But it wasnt great.

06 was adventure 3, m8
>>
File: 1443864539614.jpg (63 KB, 640x565) Image search: [Google]
1443864539614.jpg
63 KB, 640x565
>>337663659
>those little dings when hitting a 3/5x qte in perfect sequence

COOL!!
>>
>>337663808
to clarify
I played the wii version
>>
>>337663931
That's why you hated it.
That version was complete shit.
>>
Sonic Adventure 1
Sonic Adventure 2
Sonic Adventure 3 : Sonic 06
Sonic Adventure 4 : Sonic World Adventure/Unleashed.

Adventure games arent even that good.
>>
>>337662234
> bosses were a disaster

I'd say they were serviceable enough, with the exception of Time Eater. Perfect Chaos in particular was fun in how they managed to sync the platforming, boss aspect, and music so well, it's just a shame the boring second half had to be included for the sake of it.
>>
>>337664095
Thats what I didnt like. They felt like weird platforming extension side levels rather than actual bosses in an arena/course to slap. And there was so much fucking 2D, even for modern sonic. This might trigger a lot of people, but the werehog and tension made the original egg dragoon fight as epic as it was. The generations egg dragoon is complete shit in comparsion. I dont even know what the point of having modern sonic and bosses were if they were mainly 2D.
>>
File: 1455857320657.jpg (115 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
1455857320657.jpg
115 KB, 500x393
Sonic Unleashed was a fucking cozy game. The day sections were fast and skillful and the night sections had wonderful music to counteract the bland brawling (shame about it getting canceled out by the battle theme though.) Hubs were cozy.

Can't defend the medal system though, that was nothing but game lengthening garbage.
>>
>>337664485
Fun fact: if you plug a usb in your 360/PS3, you can play the fitting night stage music over it and the game will still keep the sound effects of punching and fighting. What was your favorite hub and what time?

Im tied up between adabat night, shamar night, or apotos day. They were EXTREMELY comfy
>>
>>337664738
Chunaan Night and Empire City Night were my favorite hubs.
>>
>>337664871
Very comfy choices. Ill be honest, its honestly pretty hard to pick one. They all have their perks

Is it agreed that the night hubs are more cozy than the day hubs tho?
>>
>>337664967
Yeah. Night time is the cozier time.
>>
>>337659498
No, Sonic 06 really is adventure 3 and is built like an adventure game.
Unleashed is when they abandoned that cancer and decided to make good Sonic games.

All 3 Adventure games are trash, SA2 is only slightly better trash.

Unleashed is too good to be compared to trash
>>
>>337667156
While i agree that the day stages are better than any speed level in adventure, and actually the best levels in the series, and the night stages/werehog are more mechnically refined, depthful and have proper levels, AND the hubs and music and graphics and even story are better than anything in adventure I still like the adventure games. Unleashed is a top tier sonic though, no doubt about that
>>
What the fuck is it about "Adventure" games in the Sonic Fandom?

A 3D Sonic game is a 3D Sonic game no matter what the fuck its subtitle is.

Or what, do Sonoc fans WANT the platforming to be broken up by half-assed minigames starring other characters?
>>
>>337668831
Don't try to find rationality in the Sonic fandom.

I can't think of any rational reason why anyone would still be a fan of the series when there hasn't been an objectively great Sonic game for over 20 fucking years.
>>
>>337669224
I really hope youre not calling that turd sonic and knuckles or sonic 3 great. There is nothing in a 3D sonic worse than marble garden, carnival night, ice cap, flying battery, sandopolis, lava reef, or death egg.
>>
>>337669676
Oops, meant launch base and not ice cap. Although ice cap is pretty bland in itself but its still decent despite that
>>
>>337669224
>>337669676
Kill yourselves. Sonic Gen, Sonic Advance, Sonic Colors, etc, were all good games and you being retarded ignorant won't change a thing.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.