[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily Reminder: There will never a redemption of Fable. How
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 543x271) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 543x271
Daily Reminder: There will never a redemption of Fable.

How does this make you feel, /v/?

Any other worthy successors/similar games that do it better?

Discuss.
>>
>>337657635
Fable was never good.
>>
>Fable anniversary never
>>
>>337657731
Really?

Please give more information.

It wasn't terrible, and pretty innovative for it's time.
>>
>>337657635
>How does this make you feel, /v/?
Indifferent. Fable 1 was good, Fable 2 was decent, Fable 3 was hilariously shit. I'm guessing the only way Fable 4 could've turned out good is if they replaced the entire lead-dev team of Lionhead.
>>
File: 129791361362.jpg (120 KB, 780x1101) Image search: [Google]
129791361362.jpg
120 KB, 780x1101
>tfw i actually liked fable 3
>>
>>337657635
>How does this make you feel, /v/?
Good.
Let the dead stay dead.
>>
Fable one was good
Fable two was mediocre at best
Fable three was shit

What I really want is the game project ego was meant to be
>>
>>337657635
a fitting end for a series managed by a shitty person who had no direction only 'visions. the first Fable is at least a game that collapses under it's ambitions, but each sequel is increases cases of "one step forward, two steps back" each fixing something wrong with the previous one but doing something somehow worse.

>invent bread crumb trail
>code it so badly it outright doesn't work half the time
>don't just implement it as a 'ping' instead try to make it constantly update, which is exactly why it kept breaking

>invent stupid quick access hub from pause
>use it to have John cleese shill DLC at you non stop
>make it have a map so bad you can't even find things on it.

>let you marry 'anyone'
>any actual character you can't marry, only interesting looking people are the whores.

>invent a weapon 'morphing' idea
>only weapon that morphs is the weakest weapon you start with, choke the game with illogically balanced DLC promotion gear.
>amazon preorder Hammer is the strongest hammer in the entire game, chicken pistol stronger than any rifle, fires way faster
.All weapons are just mix and match combinations of your fucking 'morphing' assets.
>have to grind each weapon individually, even if multiple weapons have the same 'upgrade' condition it's not shared across character, do it multiple times.

The entire series is just a long string fo 'almost' getting it right, but instead of ever fixing what they have, throwing half of it out so a shitlord can pursue his flight of fancy.
>>
Did all the patches fix Fable Anniversary? I heard one of them brought back mouse support to the menus. Is it still worse then the original?
>>
>>337660170
No.
Yes.
>>
Why is everyone turning on Molyneux , he wanted to make good games his expectations were just too high.
>>
>>337660220
How so? I've only ever played the lost chapters. What makes it worse exactly?
>>
>>337660337

Because he kept doing it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.