[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hack in multiplayer video games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: JUSTDO.jpg (78 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
JUSTDO.jpg
78 KB, 456x320
Why do people hack in multiplayer video games?

I have always wondered why people decide to hack? Like what is the thought process?

Also, why is it so hard for game creators to defend their games from hackers? I am looking for understanding.

Almost every multiplayer PC game has a higher amount of hackers on them compared to consoles.

I just want to know why people hack and why is it so hard for devs to detect and defend their games from hackers? What makes hacking so easy?
>>
J U S T
>>
>you will never be so assmad you got BTFO on an online game you have to make a thread on /v/
>>
For some people, it's just to fuck around in a game they are never going to play again.
>>
>>337647475
S M E L L
>>
>>337647534
Last time I played Mario Kart Ds I didn't even got mad when the hacker won
I was just enjoying winning the second 'place anyway and beating all those plebs.
Hackers and cheaters are weaklings, don't compensate for your small dick and shitty abilities with cheats, fight like a man nigga.
>>
It pisses off fags. That is probably the main reason people do it.
>>
File: ARMYSTRONK.jpg (440 KB, 655x1024) Image search: [Google]
ARMYSTRONK.jpg
440 KB, 655x1024
Okay, I understand why people hack but how is it that devs can't defend their games from these shitters?

How can a server NOT detect someone hacking? Like, if a guy is moving super fast, shouldn't a server be able to say "umm.. you shouldn't be doing that. GOOD BYE!"?

Am I overestimating how advanced servers are?
>>
>>337647427
Because it's fun to laugh at someone's expense. Some people take video games far too seriously.
>>
>>337648408
Whatever is in charge of detecting a cheat do those kind of thingsā€”it's just that the people who create these hacks make them so that they can bypass these kind of restrictions.
>>
>>337647427
some people like to do it for angry reactions, like i do, and some people are legitimately bad at the game and need to hack
>>
>>337647427
>why do people hack?
Old growing ritual for small soviet penis
>>
>>337648663

but why are the softwares involved that detect hacks so crappy compared to the hacks?

I feel like it should be really easy to detect hacks. I have no real understanding of client/server detection though. It just seems like devs should have a bit more control of their game.

How is it that things like ESEA for counter strike can exist and reduce the amount of hackers so significantly but VAC can't?
>>
>>337649049
for Valve games they want you to buy another copy of the game.
>>
File: DEVILISH.jpg (68 KB, 526x400) Image search: [Google]
DEVILISH.jpg
68 KB, 526x400
>when i'm playing csgo competitive and kill someone and they check my profile and see 4 vac bans on record
>>
it is fun to fuck other people up. simple.
>>
>>337649049
Are you some kind of total moron? No wait you are.
Think about it stupid, there is one game company with a set amount of people working on defense.
Theres a near infinite variation of people working on offense.
This isn't fucking hard.
>>
>Playing video games with people not on the same screen

Hah wat
>>
File: 1462827180686.png (77 KB, 412x482) Image search: [Google]
1462827180686.png
77 KB, 412x482
I started modding gtav online so I couldn't be killed by faggy modders that like exploding everyone on the server. It's also helpful with crashing faggy modders and giving myself or other people money so r* doesn't get shekels out of a poorly done multiplayer
>>
>>337647556
M Y
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.