[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What launch title(s) would get you excited for the NX? Pikmin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: nx.jpg (35 KB, 1424x800) Image search: [Google]
nx.jpg
35 KB, 1424x800
What launch title(s) would get you excited for the NX?

Pikmin 4?
Luigi's Mansion 3?
Mario Kart 9?
Raven Blade?
>>
NX needs a strong multiplayer-focused launch title.
>>
File: marioalbano.jpg (23 KB, 624x389) Image search: [Google]
marioalbano.jpg
23 KB, 624x389
>>337642118
>Raven Blade
>>
I started making a list but it can be summed up by 'good first party games with no waggle or shove-it-up-your-own-ass-isms'.
>>
I want the new Fire Emblem on it.

Next gen waifus pls!
>>
>>337643301
>remake

Fixed that for you
>>
Nothing. My enjoyment of my Nintendo consoles has always been solid multiplayer experiences with friends on top of occasional, memorable single player games that don't demand all of my time.

Real Fire Emblem, Xenoblade Wii HD, 3D Mario
>>
>>337643445
Of which one?
>>
>>337643539
Holy war or 6/7
>>
>Some cool new IP
>New Retro game
>Prime 4
>Some new Mario that doesn't look like it's based on NSMB
>New Wario Land/World

The first two are possible and might even be in the same game. The last three I don't see happening any time soon.
>>
>>337643572
>Non waifu avatar FE.

I hope not.
>>
Let's see.

Super Mario Maker II wouldn't do it. I've barely played my copy as is. Random cocksuck levels just don't do it for me and I'm not much of a builder.

Splatoon 2: Electric Squidaloo Edition wouldn't do it for me. I like Splatoon, but I've still got under 30 hours of playtime on the game. I played a few rounds every now and then.

Smash 4.5 wouldn't do it. I don't like this Smash game and I don't trust them to make a new one or a good one.

Mario Kart is always just a bonus, a fantastic bonus, but not a seller.

I can get Zelda on my Wii U. I'm liable to see which version is better anyways and get that.

Metroid is already at 2 strikes. I can't let it swing and get a third.

Luigis Mansion isn't a system seller for me, though I will absolutely buy it if it comes.

I still have NSMB games I haven't played yet, and the ones I did play I haven't replayed even though I want to for a couple. That wouldn't sell a system to me.

I guess the only things that would sell me pretty solidly would be... Donkey Kong Country and some sort of Pokemon adventure that will definitely never exist.

Now if we're talking games that could exist ANYWHERE but ended up just being on the NX... that's a way different story.
>>
>>337642118
>Eternal Darkness remake or sequel
>Retro studios new title
>New Metroid
>New Wario Land title
>F-Zero
>>
>>337643301
Have a mobile game.
>>
They need to make a large, kickass Mario RPG as the flagship title.
>>
>>337642118
SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE 2
>>
> luigis mansion 3

It'll never happen... if it does, it will be shit. That atmosphere the first gave was just so good
>>
>>337642571
>multiplayer-focused launch title
Like NSMBU or Nintendo Land?
>>
>>337642118
animal crossing NX as a launch title alone would make launch a success

basically anything that's a well-known timesink/multiplayer
>>
a 3d mario that doesn't look like lazy garbage for "muh precision platforming" neogaf autists
>>
Nothing.

If you're still buying Nintendo games after the shit they've pulling then you got problems.
>>
>>337648472
>This post was approved by NeoGA/v/
>>
Titles that could realistically be near launch?
New Metroid/ Retro game
Zelda if NX version has benefits from new hardware
No More Heroes 3
Some interesting collab like Pokken

Mario Kart 9 but that seems too soon even... way too soon for Splatoon 2
>>
>>337642118
I don't care, I'm just going to buy their next handheld and the PS5
>>
My dreams that won't happen:

>Sin & Punishment 3
>Xenoblade X sequel (I'm pretty sure this is Monolithsoft's next project, but obviously it won't make launch with how long it took XBX to come out)
>#FE 2 (probably won't make launch, but almost confirmed to exist through that audition for an upcoming game which has music from the game for the audition and features a VA from the game on the judges board).

More realistic choices:

>SSB4 port with more characters thrown in
>Splatoon 2 (it would sell NX truckloads in Japan if they do it)
>Zelda (obviously);
>new 3D Mario or new idea on 2D Mario (in particular, I'd like to see if Mario can top DKC Tropical Freeze in terms of creative level design if they go the 2D route)
>Hyrule Warriors 2 (Pretty sure Koei Tecmo and Omega Force want to continue to bring in easy money since HW was well received enough to fund a 3DS port with so much content coming out for it as well.
>a new Monster Hunter (if NX has a portable version, MH is almost a guarantee due to how well the franchise has held up on Nintendo platforms since the Wii).
>>
>>337652542
>but almost confirmed to exist through that audition for an upcoming game which has music from the game for the audition and features a VA from the game on the judges board
Really? That'd be great but I doubt they will.
>>
>>337648472
If they make good games, I'll buy em. If they don't, then I won't. It's really just as simple as that.
>>
>>337652695
http://personacentral.com/rumor-tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-sequel-possibly-works/

>the songs picked from the game and some of the judges being #FE staff

>(Kaori Fukuhara as the voice of Mamori Minamoto and Yoshiaki Fujisawa as the composer for the game).

Rewards for winning competition:
>An appearance as a voice actor in a new RPG.
>Voice acting and dance lessons from Avex staff.
>The possibility of a debut as a new Avex voice actor.

#FE is the music label's most notable work in the vidya field too.

Contrary to many anons, I like the music and the combat looks pretty engaging with the session combo system and what I've seen of the sidequests looks like nice character development.
>>
>>337653105
I agree, I really like the combat of #FE and if they made a sequel I would buy it.
>>
>>337642571
>>337648269
Like Mario Party
>>
Is there anything they could really announce for a launch that would be disappointing? assuming the launch is passable outside of zelda. Like, as much as you can hate the wii U or 3DS, core nintendo shit is still good. MK9 would be great but man they have a high bar set with 8, luigi's mansion or any other mario spinoff with EFFORT put into it would be cool. A return of actual 3D mario would be good, pretty much anything. Worst launch would be if it was just zelda, maybe pikmin 4, some thing no one cares about and then just wii U ports.

I hope they get rid of region lock, please for the love of god just be region free.
>>
Bayonetta 3
Xenoblade Y
Splatoon 2
F-Zero NX
Eternal Darkness 2

With Zelda U now in all likelihood an NX launch day title, I completely expect the launch period to have fuck-all else for a few months. So really just the announcement of any of those would be the more optimistic hype.
>>
>>337654724
Bayo 3 is all I need.
Xenosequel will be welcome.
Id like SMT5 exclusive to NX.
And a new Capcom versus fighter. Or just Darkstalkers 4.
>>
>>337654941
>Id like SMT5 exclusive to NX.
>he doesn't know it's returning to PlayStation
>>
>>337655175
No, I really dont because thats some shitposting straight from Vitagen's ass.

There are no sources about exclusivity with Nintendo. Even if there was an exclusive deal with Nintendo, why would they end it? Its a handheld franchise from now on.

>inb4 they have hd models from Persona 5
They have like 50 devil models tops for p5 and then recolors. SMT needs at least 300 devils. Its not happening. Its not moving from handhelds, it doesnt have the mainstream appeal persona has. And its certainly not going to vita.
>>
>>337655175

There hasn't been a mainline or spinoff SMT outside of Persona on Sony hardware for an entire generation now, possibly two generations if they continue to ignore the PS4.
>>
Wario Land
F-Zero
Star Fox
Donkey Kong
Zelda that isn't Zelda U
New IP
No region lock

Do that and I'll be down for buying one.
>>
>>337648269
Laugh all you want, 5 friends playing Nintendoland in the tour mode can get pretty intense. One of my favorite couch co-op games.
>>
>>337655389
>Even if there was an exclusive deal with Nintendo, why would they end it?
>he doesn't know

>they only have 1/6 of the demon models needed
>with the engine made and they wouldn't maximise profit with it

>>337655509
>There hasn't been a mainline or spinoff SMT outside of Persona on Sony hardware for an entire generation now
And they desperately want to fix that.
>>
>>337655664

Oh so you're shitposting like that "Bayonetta 2 Climax Edition on PS4" guy.
>>
The launch titles I would need to make me buy a NX.

Pikmin 4.
A new full big budget 3D Mario like 64 and Sunshine, with a bigger open world. I'm talking 500 star final total for 100%, and with the return of the smw style hidden special world inside the hidden secret world.
A new big budget Metroid Prime done right.
And a new Donkey Kong Country that is good like Tropical Freeze was.

Also, NONE of them having game ruining gimmicks. What Nintendo doesn't seem to understand is that if they are so dedicated to gimmicks, stick them on new IPs that can be built AROUND the gimmick. Splatoon is a great example of this, used the gamepad screen heavily, and was successful as well.
>>
>>337655664
>Source vitagen's dreams and hopes.

At most you will get Persona 3: hd the golden for ps vita.
>>
>>337642118
i dont think theres anything that could get me excited for the nx
>>
A good Mario Party without the fucking car.

Retro's next game not being Donkey Kong.

A non-Xenoblade JRPG.
>>
>>337642118
Zelda U
Smahs bros all DLC included
MK 8 All DLC included
Pikmin 4
Wonderful 101 - 2
Metal Gear Revengance II
>>
>>337656554
>I'm talking 500 star final total for 100%

That sounds kind of batshit, unless you just start turning stars into more common occurrences that don't boot you out of the level every time.

Galaxy 2 had like, 240 and half of them seemed like padding that was just slapped into random places.
>>
>>337642118
I'd very much like to see Animal Crossing for the NX, especially if they fix the dialogue's steadily-declining quality.

However, I'm afraid there's really nothing the NX can do to make me want one at this point. It's almost certainly going to be gimmicky shit, with games developed to justify the gimmick's existence at the expense of gameplay instead of using the gimmick when appropriate to augment the gameplay in a positive way.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.