[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is extremely, extremely boring. Holy shit, and i was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Stellaris1.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Stellaris1.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
This game is extremely, extremely boring.
Holy shit, and i was hyped shitless about it.
I thought "oh wow, endless space but in real time, sounds cool" yet making it an RTS didn't save it, at all.
It suffers from the same EXACT problems of Endless Space and any other 4x-sque games set in space, like SoaSe or Star Ruler.
There is literally nothing to do after a while.
Yes, sure, it's a sandbox game, but after you got your phat empire sitting in a corner and all your borders are close with someone's else empire, all you can do is either try your luck with war or try diplomacy, which of course is utter fucking bullshit.
The majority of the game consists into survey and colonizing systems before the enemy does, and to fucking chew as much as the galaxy in one single run, before alien empires show up and fuck you up.
And since it didn't actually flop, i guess i'm just an idiot.
Who /disappointed/ here?
>>
Yeah everyone is busy sucking joshua's cock, i see.
>>
>>337640290
I kind of feeel it's boring too but..
53 hours played...
Game only been out for maybe 144 hours.

They're doing something right, and the more I play it the more frustrated I get about missing features and things because it'd be a spectacular game with them.
>>
>>337640290
>a grad strategy game is boring

what did you expect?
>>
>>337640290
no it's not, if you think it's boring start playing more agressively; build massive fleets, form military coalitions, ect

you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>337640290
I agree this game is fun when you first start to play but then it gets boring as shit and the AI is really retarded

I like the end event stuff like the robots taking over or the dimension alien fags raping everyone

the fleet battles are pretty cool with all the turrets shooting
>>
war in this game is so fucking bad it's unreal
>>
>>337643318
I did, it didn't help at all.
The combat is atrociously bad, because there are too many limitations to the current military output.
>le 4x game with supcom features
Yeah, nah.
>>
Only one of these games I truly enjoyed what Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion and Alpha Centauri. Both just need a diplomacy system and more random encounters.
>>
File: race_30.png (221 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
race_30.png
221 KB, 300x300
I'll just stick to Distant worlds until Stellaris gets a few major DLCs
>>
What the game needs is:

More internal conflict, more ethics divergence, more random changes in colony pops, more changes in pops in general. Maybe more primitives, sapient creatures to uplift. The game got more enjoyable when i had Trans-Humans show up but there's too little of that shit.

Planets need to be more interesting too. Why don't my pops change when they colonize a new planet with an entirely new environment? Why do tile blockers rarely do anything?

Sectors need to mean something too. Either make them more independent and akin to vassals or make them more controllable. At the moment they're just a muddle of shit, unfun mechanics. There was potential to make it like the CKII system where they have their own military that you raise in times of war. Would be infinitely more interesting than it is now.

More strategic combat. More Admiral traits, more incentive to use something other than a big fucking doom stack of ships. More incentive on choosing where and when to fight. The systems largely mean nothing when it comes to combat.

Way better AI. I hate the fact that the Alliance AI just follows your ships around when you're at war. Why did they downgrade this from every other game they've made? Federations and alliances literally mean jack shit because even if a war starts it's just you with 100 more ships.

We need fucking trade as well. Trade is so bare bones that it's a joke. Maybe make it so that people can trade specific technologies or some shit and include trade routes that work like the Hyperspace lanes that can be raided, blocked ect.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.