[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/ 2016/05/13/so-about-nx/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: download.png (2 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
download.png
2 KB, 300x168
https://arcadegirl64.wordpress.com/2016/05/13/so-about-nx/

>NX isnot using x86 architecturelike PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The NX has special,custom-made chips and the overall design of the hardware is very modern.

>Anyone who is claimingthatNXis “two timesthe power of PS4 GPU” is being misled by their sources. Everything thatI’ve heard (so far) indicates that NX isn’tgoing to blow awayany of the consoles on the market today…except for Wii U.

What the fuck is Nintendo doing?

How can they be so out of touch?
>>
File: 1450443451290.png (346 KB, 600x664) Image search: [Google]
1450443451290.png
346 KB, 600x664
>Emily Rogers
>>
>>337636651
>NX is more powerful than PS4/Xbone!
>nothing

>same person says it's weaker
>a million threads
>>
>>337636651
b-b-b-but motion controls are fun for the whole family!
>>
>>337636651
>this
>needing to be a leak at all
Hey my dad works for God and he says that the Sun is going to come up tomorrow and the sky is blue.
>>
>>337636651

Who is this Emily Rogers and what is her track record?
>>
>Emily Rogers
Good looking slut, but lol
>>
>>337638010
She called there being a new Paper Mario coming for Wii U.
>>
>>337636651
As if i'm going to trust Ms. "Its not going to be another Sticker Star"
>>
>>337638241
Anyone could have called that, there is a high chance that it was coincidence, also please refer to this >>337638250
>>
>>337638250
>>337638347
>these dweebs all jelly they're not connected to the super ninten rumormill highway
>>
>>337638241
Someone working on it let it slip a long time ago. She only repeated it this year.
>>
>>337638519
>Actually taking rumors as fact
ISHYGDDT
>>
The fact Nintendo confirmed the thing isn't launching this year basically destroys any rumors credibility.
>>
>>337638660
Do you know of a rumor that dispels the original rumor? If not, then you're basing your disbelief in the rumor on nothing while I'm at least basing my belief in the rumor on the rumor itself.
>>
>>337636651

Anyone who thought the NX would out power the PS4 or Xbone is retarded. Not only has everything pointed to another gimmick console but Nintendo straight up said the console will not be sold at loss on release. That means it's going to be another weak system with a stupid fucking gimmick that runs a Nintendo "special snowflake" architecture that third parties will avoid like the plague.
>>
>>337639147
This is so accurate it hurts. Why do they keep doing this? It's like they want to fail.
>>
>>337638931
How? The system was meant to be unveiled at E3 and released this holiday season, which fits the rumors. It's clear from their upcoming E3 presence now being Zelda that the decision to delay was recent.
>>
Calm your tits anon. We have not yet seen the console in action.
So until then, take some chill pill and relax.
>>
>>337639329
The Wii made them shitloads of money, and they thought they could repeat that with the Wii U.

And we all know how Nintendo is when it comes to learning from their mistakes.
>>
>>337639135
So if I said there was a rumor of the NX having a built in toaster so you can enjoy a continental breakfast while playing Nintendo games you'd believe me?

What a fantastic world that we live in.
>>
>>337639329
So you want them to sell the console at a loss? How does that make sense in the business world?
>>
>>337639589
>>
there is another "leak" is neogaf that claims the new nintendo handheld has an nvidia tegra gpu, so it will bemore powerful than the nvidia shield.

if that is true, the nx home console will just be a home console version of that that will let you play the games at a higher resolution, better framerate (in cases in which the handheld game is sub 60fps) with more controller options.

I wouldnt have a problem with that.
>>
>>337639721

I dunno. Ask Sony and MS. The 360 was sold at loss at release. Became wildly successful. PS4 sold at loss on release. Became wildly successful. 360 saved Xbox. PS4 saved Playstation.
>>
>>337637338
This, stop giving this whore any more attention

>b-but she predicted paper mario on the wii u

Her first right prediction in 3-5 years, the bitch has been wrong more than half the time
>>
>Emily "say a lot of broad, non-specific shit then lap up the praise when it magically turns out to be true" Rogers
>>
>>337636651
if it's true it just means the NX is a portable device, almost certainly with an ARM SoC
>>
>>337638010
Her track record is making millions 9f predictions and then deleting the ones that turn out wrong. Only a couple months ago she predicted the exact opposite.
>>
>>337639531
>The system was meant to be unveiled at E3
NO SOURCE
O

S
O
U
R
C
E
>>
>special custom-made architecture
How can people even believe this retarded bitch?
You don't just make up a goddamn architecture. Nintendo's doesn't even make any of it, they've just been buying PowerPC chips from IBM the last 3 gens, and their handhelds have always been arm.
Theres very set widely used architectures in the different industries, theres absolutely no reason to go full retard hiring some outside source to make up their own shit (which would take enormous amounts of time and investment at this point) which probably isn't going to be as good as simply getting some solid AMD APUs in bulk on the cheap.

I'm convinced this idiot got a lucky prediction once and is just trolling every neofag with crazy stuff at this point.
It doesn't help that Nintendo is going completely silent and making us wait yet another year before any official specs allowing fake rumors to keep spreading.
>>
File: WOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW.png (91 KB, 359x356) Image search: [Google]
WOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW.png
91 KB, 359x356
>>337636651
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
IM TIRED OF ALL THESE FUCKING RUMOR AND LEAK THREADS
AAAAAAAAAAHHHH STOOOOOOP
>>
>>337639147
>won't be sold at a loss
>will be another gimmick console

The main reason why the 3DS and the Wii U were sold at a loss was because they were packaged with gimmicks.
>>
>>337639721
Making a powerful (in terms of consoles, anyway) console and selling at a loss is a perfectly viable approach nowadays. If you're selling at a loss, it's usually because the console hardware is actually pretty powerful. The reason why it works is because people want those "new-gen" graphics, so they buy the console and a couple of games to go with it.

And that is the catch: they make the money back and more from software sales. The most important thing for selling games nowadays is marketing, hype, and confirming a software sale.
>>
>>337640262
they'll keep coming until Nintendo makes an announcement

with the rumors that Nintendo will be using cartidges / memory cards, this makes sense. It sounds like it'll be a portable device using ARM. The current best ARM SoCs like what's in the newest iPad can produce some pretty good looking games, stuff that is basically Xbox One tier.
>>
>>337640151
AMD even confirmed back in 2014 an upcoming gaming system is ARM. That's obviously not Microsoft or Sony, so it's Nintendo. An ARM home console would just end up being significantly weaker than Xbox One and PS4.
>>
>>337636651
The NX is going to be backwards compatible with Wii U. It's still going to be PPC-based. I fully expect it to be to the Wii U what the Wii was to the Gamecube.
>>
>>337640635
Why are they bothering with porting over Wii U games if it's BC with Wii U? As little as we know about NX, one thing for sure is it won't be PPC
>>
>>337640635
no way

they will make enhanced ports of the most popular wii u games like splatoon and smash bros, but no backwards compatibility.
>>
>>337639147
Nintendo has almost never sold a console at a lost.

Literally the Wii U was probably the first one
>>
>>337641074
It was the first. 3DS was also sold at a loss after the desperate price cut shortly after its launch.
>>
File: wiiu.jpg (53 KB, 686x439) Image search: [Google]
wiiu.jpg
53 KB, 686x439
>>337640520

Nintendo handhelds use an ARM CPU as their main processor. Nintendo consoles use an ARM CPU to run the OS. There is no reason for Nintendo go solely with an ARM CPU as their main processing unit.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.