[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /v/ feel about Black Desert Online? Worth getting into?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9
File: BDO.png (446 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
BDO.png
446 KB, 500x500
How does /v/ feel about Black Desert Online?

Worth getting into? Friends of mine are trying to get me to play it with them.
>>
>>337636112
OP you got an email?
>>
its a korean mmo so I expect it to go f2p sometime with huge microtransactions
>>
>>337636112
>Friends of mine are trying to get me to play it with them.
and none of them have a guest pass to give you?
>>
>>337637105
This. Did they not give you one?
>>
Been playan it non-stop since release. The company running the EU/NA versions are releases patches in a fucked up order and we still don't have node wars/Castle sieges so the game is in weird state right now. Its still fun if you have 3-4 other friends to play with.
>>
It's already dead. Wait for f2p
>>
Pretty good. The only MMO I've been able to get into besides WoW and FFXIV. Grinding is actually decently entertaining in it. I only play by myself but I reckon if you got into a guild it'd be even more fun.

51 Tamer
50 Maehwa
>>
>>337637105
>>337637375

They did. Started playing it last night. Combat feels breddy good desu.

I'm noticing a lot of negativity in the game's discussion. Lots of complaining about the state of the game all around. Pretty concerning.
>>
>>337637405
i quit last month

i couldn't find anything to do but grind. no nodewars is lame

also the /vg/ guild is full of faggots
>>
>>337637681
>the /vg/ guild is full of faggots
I don't think that needs to be said. It's assumed.
>>
>>337636112
Played JP version. It was boring as fuck.
>>
It's the same shit you've played for the past 12 years since World of Warcraft, except it has some cool sandbox-esque features here and there.

Wait for something better desu
>>
>>337637636
>concerning
Nigga please. As someone who plays wildstar, you don't know what concerning means. BDO will be kept alive by weebs and waifu fags buying $30 costumes for their plastic korean dolls. If grinding forever with your meticulously created waifu doesn't appeal to you then this isn't the game for you.
>>
>>337638137
how is wildstar doing?
you make it sound like the playerbase is terrifeid of the game going under
>>
>>337638364
if the game shutdown forever tomorrow, no one would be surprised. It's a good game that's addressed many of the problems people had but no one gives a shit since they've already written it off. That's what happens when you fuck up your launch and relaunch.
>>
>>337637636
I just started recently and has been pretty fun so far but It really is a grind fest, so if you're not a fan of that I'd avoid this game. Also prepare for the shit ton of quests too if u want those energy/contribution points to go up. And once you hit 45 if not 50 (I forgot) you become a target so people can kill you over grinding spots or if they just plain feel like it so watch your ass. I also like how easy it is to make money in this game too and I already got my +14 Yuria and closing in on a 15 along with my other +8 gears. So make what you will and see how your trial goes and go from there whether this is what you really want or not.
>>
I think my biggest problem is how needlessly complicated everything is, like crafting. T craft even just a shitty chair I would have to buy a house, make it a furniture factory, buy a worker, then go out and collect mats, come back to the house and set the worker to build a chair.
>>
>>337639074

People say the combat in this game makes the grind tolerable. Guess I'll see about that.

Though I do love my PvP. Perhaps I can get into this.
>>
>>337639512
>People say the combat in this game makes the grind tolerable.
They're lying.
>>
>>337636112
drek
>>
Who in their right mind would PAY to play an MMO in 2016?
>>
>>337639512
the combat is completely wasted on this shit game

pve is too braindead too matter
and pvp is entirely gear based based around an infinite grind have fun
>>
>>337637636
>I'm noticing a lot of negativity in the game's discussion. Lots of complaining about the state of the game all around. Pretty concerning.
People are getting fed up just hunting world boss spawns, working on life skills and grinding for days I suppose. Random PKing niggers is only entertaining for a while. Castle sieges and Node Wars was supposed to be out by the end of march but now we're half way through may and the company has said nothing regarding when its coming.

Another problem is that they still haven't released the higher level enchanted gear which makes some of the high level zones almost impossible to do.
>>
>>337636112
>>337637636
I played BDO when it was early released. I didn't rush to max level, I took my time and enjoyed the game.
The scenery was beautiful, and they did a good job in making the world feel full.
There was lots to do other than just killing x amounts of monsters
Quests were actually somewhat fun, and didn't make you feel bad for doing them. I think it was smart to not reward people with XP for quests some do, but not a lot, but instead give you contribution points, or Skill points. Made quests a lot more worth while.
Combat is fun as fuck. That entirely depends on what you play.
PvP could have been great, but the horrible imbalance ruins almost all end game PvP, which is about 20% of what you'll be doing, other than grinding the same monster spot for 1% XP.
In a game like this, gear and level makes too much of an impact on PvP. Skill doesn't matter in the slightest. A level 50 who is an expert at the combat with his character could never beat a level 54. Also, depending on what classes they are playing, it would be almost impossible.

Leveling up was fun, and kept you entertained because the combat was very action oriented. Sadly, no matter how fun you make combat, when you grind for 40 hours to get one level, you'll get bored of it eventually.

The life skills are great, and fishing is pretty fucking comfy. Its also pretty fun to just go out and harvest your resources and work towards building a boat, or other items.

The no trading is completely retarded. I understand they don't want gold sellers, but you lose a huge part of the game by making that sacrifice. You can't work together as a guild, to help each other progress through the game. If someone just started and I wanted to help him, I would have to make a new character and level with him. Thats about it. I wouldn't be able to give him gear.
(1/2)
>>
>>337639891
>>337636112
>>337637636

(2/2)
Guilds should be able to decide what skills they want to focus on, so everyone can work together. Person A can't make boats all day, and then hand them out to the guild members, while Person B makes fishing rods, and Person C is making green weapons.
Instead, you have to make everything for yourself, and it kind of ruins the entire point of being in a guild.

The auction house is also kind of lame, with the fixed prices. Theres no auction house PvP because everything is at a fixed price, and you can't snipe items, and sell them higher, or play the market. Instead, its just a waiting game of everyone putting it on the lowest, and waiting your turn for your item to be bought, because it orders them when they were added.

Most classes are pretty fun, but a lot of them are just kind of useless. Wizards and Sorcerers are too powerful not to play, and you'll spend about 90% of PvP getting killed by them, only to be saved by a wizard and sorcerer.
When it comes down to 1v1, the game is a bit more balanced, but some classes will never have a chance against others in 1v1, too much rock paper scissors.
Group PvP just falls to the wizards and sorcerers though.

PvP also has little to no purpose. The person you kill only lises 1% EXP (at higher levels thats a few hours of grinding) and possible some crystals break. You gain nothing from killing someone. You only stand to lose Karma. If its a guild war, PvP is even more pointless, because the person you kill now doesn't lose anything, and you don't lose karma, so theres basically no reason to do it, other than the fun of PvP, which in the long run, just isn't enough.

I reached level 52 within the first month, and I enjoyed the game a lot on my way there. I had lots of fun playing with my friends, making a guild, and doing some PvP. Ultimately, you run out of things to do at end game. PvP just isn't rewarding enough. PvM is nonexistent.
>>
Great Groundwork for an MMO

but no instances or dungeons was a bad choice.
>>
Its P2W and filled with RNG
>>
>>337639979
Sorcerers are horrible in mass PvP mate. Also a Ranger with equal gear will always win 1v1 against a Sorcerer even after the Ranger nerf.

t. lv55 Sorc and lv56 ranger player

>>337640137
>but no instances or dungeons was a bad choice.
One of the things they did correct with this game actually. Fuck instanced content.
>>
>>337640437
>Sorcerers are horrible in mass PvP mate
No, they aren't.

>>337640437
>Also a Ranger with equal gear will always win 1v1 against a Sorcerer even after the Ranger nerf.
What does that have to do with anything I've said. You are just proving my point that 1v1 is just rock paper scissors.
>>
File: 1387398136337.gif (3 MB, 373x346) Image search: [Google]
1387398136337.gif
3 MB, 373x346
>>337639891
>>337639979
I have the exact same experience so I need to thank you for posting this.

I would say though that the PvP is, imo, quite fun. Player Killing - even though you loose XP - is a good way to make the community interact and make guilds have relations, be alive.

The other day, some guild where farming a spot me and my guildies were using. We're a small community of more or less 10 people in it, but we didn't care, we fought them for the spot.

We won, and they tried to discuss a way to divide the spot between the two of us. Being the cunts that we are, we basically said no. They brought their friends, we brought ours, and all hells broke loose. Guild War and all.

We then discussed with their officers en GM and we came to an agreement. We even voice chatted for a bit on Discord.

That would have never happened on a MMO like WoW, except with really big guilds.

It's the little things - the tensions - that makes the game still remotely interesting.

But I agree with everything else you said.
>>
>>337640437
>Fuck instanced content.
this would be fine if any of their open world shit was anything besides pull group, spam aoe.
>>
>>337640702
PvP was very fun, but there was little point to it. Fighting to maintain a grind spot, in my opinion, isn't a great use for PvP.

They should have added higher stakes, like people dropping gear, gold, potions, or other things. As it was, you would just fight until one side got tired of getting killed.

I did my fair share of ganking people at grindspots, and fighting for them. But it gets old after a while.
>>
>>337640550
>No, they aren't.
Yes they are. What do you suggest a sorc to do? Spam dream of doom all day? That shit can only hit 7 targets and in mass PvP everyone is sitting on 50% knockdown resistance. Your guild probably only need 3-4 sorcs to keep your rangers/wizards/zerkers buffed with the AP buff.
>>
>>337641092
>7 targets
Uh I meant 10 targets
>>
File: whatever.png (284 KB, 650x600) Image search: [Google]
whatever.png
284 KB, 650x600
>>337639891
My gripe is I just hate how the quests are organized most of the time in this game. For example area of NPC's tell me to go to skeletons and kill/gather certain items and come back. Alright that's fine I go and get shit done and come back. NPC is like oh yeah I forgot to tell you something else before so go run all the way back and kill/gather again. This shit goes on for a few times and they have me running back and forth till they finally get bored.
I rather they gave me all those quests at once desu. I also dislike that sometimes new multiple quests would pop later in the game telling me to go and fight low level monsters again and it's not even a repeatable so my question is why the fuck didn't they give me this shit before when I was actually grinding there? I have quest OCD/Autism so this shit really annoys me.
>>
>>337640990
>They should have added higher stakes, like people dropping gear, gold, potions, or other things. As it was, you would just fight until one side got tired of getting killed.

Fair point. Maybe. I really like the idea of having higher stakes in ganking other than XP, but I feel that it would really kill the ganking side. If the stakes of ganking are higher, maybe gankers should be rewarded a bit more too - not only by the drops players give, but by the karma they're loosing.

Valencia 1 & 2 are gonna open if I remember correctly two low-karma towns, which is great, but for it to really be useful you need to have good shits in them, unique shits, but not cool enough for everyone to become the bad guys.

I feel like Black Desert should steal a thing or two from Archeage, which did these kind of gimmicks good.

Also, more boats. I need my pirate feel.
>>
I heard they made grinding brain-dead ez for us casual americans.

Is there good pvp at least?
>>
>>337636112
黒い砂漠?It's bad.

Beautiful, but bad.
>>
File: 1461518042840.jpg (71 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
1461518042840.jpg
71 KB, 500x540
>reading about all the content they cut and replaced because the higher ups got scared and wanted it to be another safe cash grab MMO
>surely it will be better on release
>it's not
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szaGs0nA4N0
>Get interested in game because of this video
>Only after level 50 do I learn what karma is

Fuck.
>>
It's pretty much a single player game, you aren't even allowed to trade with anyone. Not worth the purchase
>>
File: Cal_2.png (290 KB, 922x560) Image search: [Google]
Cal_2.png
290 KB, 922x560
>>337641647
Grinding has always been a braindead activity. Getting a party to kite, tank, heal, etc. doesn't stop it from being braindead and repetitive as fuck.

Giving more exotic just makes it less tedious, but there is no real endgame that takes skill. The most depth this game has is its jew simulator.
>>
Player interaction is pretty much non-existent. Theres no point in talking to someone in a town, because you can't trade. You just spend the day doing what you need to do, and then log off.

Why do games keep making MMO's, but cut out all social aspects?
>>
>>337641619
I think people would probably quit if they lost their +15's or whatever else they got equipped that's good. I'd be pissed too if I lost an Ogre Ring as an example. I think that's why they stay away from high stakes pvp cause they don't want to take that chance as well. But it would feel more rewarding to the pk'er if what you listed came true. Maybe add gold drops or items too is a good start.
>>
>>337642142
People are dicks in this game. I had some waifufag get pissed I bummed a ride on his boat to fish. I was on a low level at so he couldn't kill me so he started shouting my name and threatened to strand me in a high level area.
>>
>>337642287
Thats the issue with the game. They made it way too gear based. It takes weeks, even months to get a single weapon complete, and you need a +15 to even be able to fight at all.

They can't possibly let people loot gear off you. But other than that, theres absolutely no reward for PvP, you stand to gain absolutely nothing, and instead, only lose Karma, which punishes you even more.

Its pretty retarded to throw in world PvP and not add an incentive to do it.
>>
>>337642142
I don't want to turn this into a /pol/ discussion but as far as interaction goes the only time i see people really talking in this game is when they spam channel chat discussing politics or other /vg/ nonsense. Easily riling people up when they mention trump or hilary on the Uno server. Maybe I just have not seen more but almost everyone i met on the battlefield is quiet.
>>337642586
my fucking sides.
>>
>>337642983
> don't want to turn this into a /pol/ discussion but as far as interaction goes the only time i see people really talking in this game is when they spam channel chat discussing politics or other /vg/ nonsense. Easily riling people up when they mention trump or hilary on the Uno server.
This shit happens on Jordine EU and Croxus EU too. Shits hillarious
>>
>>337642983
>WoW was the first MMO
>Just got my new alienware guys!
>Trump 2016!

Thats pretty much all that goes on in server chat.
Oh, also, don't forget the hundreds of gold spammers.
>>
File: 1383969540382.gif (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
1383969540382.gif
2 MB, 384x216
>>337642287
I was more thinking like you said golds and small items. Maybe marks that you could use to buy things like cosmetics in the bandit towns of Valencia.

Cosmetics and fashion are a big thing for players. I played GW2 for years just because I had a cool Roman Legionnaire Charr cosplay, even though the damn thing was broken.

They need more cool skins. The NPCs in this game are so great, they have such a unique style to them, that I really feel betrayed by the fact that I can't look as cool as some of them.

And don't talk to me about those 30£ armours, those are ridiculous.

So, more rewarding ganks but not to the points where everyone and their mothers want to be a bloody outlaw, it style need to be a cool edgy kid club, but just make it rewarding enough and cool enough for people to want to be an outlaw.

I dream about a game with high sea piracy. But I don't think that's gonna happen, they're just so paranoiac about gold sellers where they would think "well you just have to take a goldseller boat to get your gold, so no piracy !"

We can only dream, right ?

>>337642983
In Euro servers, things are quite fun. People talk in broken English and you can sometime bound with people quite easily I find.

The only cunts are the French and the Spaniards. I can say that because I'm French.
>>
>>337640437
>Fuck instanced content.
Yeah I really loved waiting for hours for a boss to spawn, then having to compete with others for the loot, old MMOs were truly the best!
>>
>>337636112
The leveling experience is worth it, but the end game isn't.
>>
>>337643230
>hundreds of gold spammers

Isnt their whole trading/economy system based on trying to stop gold sellers? Yet theres still a billion of them. What went wrong here?
>>
>>337644851
They can still play your account for x hours/days and grind the gold for you.

No Trading needs to be removed but reddit/official forums are full of drones shilling for the no trading to continue
>>
File: n9nOjVI.gif (554 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
n9nOjVI.gif
554 KB, 250x188
>>337643542
Also :

More powers to the small and medium guilds.

Let them be allied or vassals - by paying guild funds - to bigger guild. With that, you let small communities get a chance at tackling GvG.

Bigger guild can now control more territories, but only with the help of smaller communities who can only control small nodes.

For the moment, I feel you only have a future chance at trying the Nodes Wars if you're in a huge and tryhard guild. There just doesn't seem anything to do if you want to have a semi-hardcore guild, because you know you will get fucked over by bigger fish.

Or, make a mercenary-like system. Let big guild buy the services of small and medium guild to protect their nodes or boost their ranks. That would reinforce the community aspect as well as making good use of the taxes you get when you exceed a certain number of guilds ; guilds aren't now forced to pay a huge amount to have a huge guild, they can have a sizeable guild and get whenever they want mercenary guilds that can boost their ranks when needed.

An MMO need interactivity in the community to live. This game already has a good base for that, with guild feud and whatnot, but it could use more.
>>
File: 1381289745281.gif (41 KB, 218x200) Image search: [Google]
1381289745281.gif
41 KB, 218x200
wait so my one question for this game is, does armor/equipment change your physical looks? Does your character wear it? Or can you only change that with in game shop costumes. I don't think I'd mind the grind too much, that's pretty much my only question/concern about the game.
>>
>>337645157
>exceed a certain number of guilds

Certain number of members in a guild*

It's 6 am.
>>
>>337645202

one of the worst games ever in that regard. You look the same the majority of the time, only like 4 different armors from 1-50 and cash shop is like 30 buckaroodles for 1 outfit
>>
>>337645202
>wait so my one question for this game is, does armor/equipment change your physical looks? Does your character wear it? Or can you only change that with in game shop costumes. I don't think I'd mind the grind too much, that's pretty much my only question/concern about the game.
Yes but at high level you may end up using gear you find at level 20 depending on what class you're playing. Also for some classes the looks barely change when you change armor set.
>>
>>337645202
Some of them do, some of them don't.
Depend on the class you have. I know that the system is kinda bullshit on warriors, because most of the lower tier things, or things like Taritas and Algerian looking exactly the same, but some stuff look different.

Most of the time, you look the same.
>>
>>337645202
I'd say barely in my experience since I only have a wizard and almost all the armors and hats look similar to each other if not in someway to get you feel bored of the dull clothes quickly. Purposely doing this to encourage you to buy costumes
>>
>friends invite me 2 or so months ago
>fix up my toaster spend $300+ on upgrades to my pc
>All of them have already quit

Fuck shit I'm pissed, I guess I was going to upgrade my pc anyways but fuck.
>>
>>337645351
>>337645395
>>337645425
>>337645464
alright fuck that shit then. I like customizing my character a lot, it's usually what drives me forward in a lot of MMOs because I like physically seeing gear progression. That's a shame the game looks beautiful.
>>
File: a96aca83cf.jpg (192 KB, 1319x782) Image search: [Google]
a96aca83cf.jpg
192 KB, 1319x782
>>337645565
You still can be pretty /fa/, but only by paying time and money - specially money in fact.

But you're right, there's just not enough skin. Sad when you think of the NPCs who are as cool as the Witchers NPC, which says a lot in bad assery and good design.
>>
>>337645395
>>337645425

How is Sorceress in the /fa/ department?
>>
>>337646202
Pretty same-y.

You're always gonna look like a emo-kid looking like Avril Lavigne imo

I don't play sorc so don't take my words for it
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.