[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Literally no one gives a shit that a major character from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Witcher2_2011-10-24_12-26-20-38.jpg (190 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Witcher2_2011-10-24_12-26-20-38.jpg
190 KB, 1920x1080
>Literally no one gives a shit that a major character from the previous game is outright forgotten and mentioned in one line during TW3

A 200+ hour long game decides to retcon one of TW2s other branching paths. And people seem to praise the writing to no end. They also killed off Saskia in one shitty encounter that makes no difference no matter what you do, which is the case for way too many "choices" in the game.
>>
motherless elf scum should remain forgotten
>>
Roche is a bro and the best bro and is the only real option.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>337634521
Are you forgetting that his path was literally the only redeeming aspect of TW2?
PLEASE tell me how the entire Kaedweni Outpost wasn't a complete shitfest of a chapter.

Oh yeah, ALMOST FORGOT! King Henselt (As well as Kaedweni entirely) is killed off screen and never mentioned again, too!
Truly talented writers dude!

>>337634660
What meme tier garbage, you people never explain why. Band wagonning faggots.
>>
Plough the lillies

What would be the point of introducing the Scoia'tael into Witcher 3? Hell even Roche had a tiny part of the game even if the impact was huge. Saskia would also die to protect Aedirn so her dying is not surprising one bit.
>>
>>337634403
Iorveth is a worthless non human piece of shit, I'm glad he was forgotten.
Roche is the realest nigga out there along with Letho.
>>
It's your own damn fault for playing Geralt as someone who gives a shit about politics.
>>
So I beat The Witcher a while back, heavily modded, and I had a ton of fun with it. So I get Witcher II on sale and...I can't get into it. It's not compelling at all. Am I missing something?
>>
File: Roche.jpg (112 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Roche.jpg
112 KB, 854x480
>>337634832
Would you like me to explain why I think he's a bro?

He loves his country, and fights for it. I like the comradery of the Blue Stripes. I like his voice and costume design. I liked his missions and how you operate with him a few times. He feels like he's got your back and you got his because of a variety of reasons. You both were friends, or servants at least, to the same guy who died and have to work together to find the murderer and secure a future for Temeria. He's a cool guy.
>>
>>337634934
If a series is known for importing saves, and ends on a high note pointing towards a climactic ending, then you'd expect the characters that you spend 30+ hours getting to know to be in the sequel.
It's downright lazy, and is used way too often. Would it have killed them to give some sort of surviving character backstory before they killed them off?
>>
>>337635078
Wither 2 was too heavily focused on politics and inter-region conflicts where a lowly Witcher is just caught up in too much. That and the gameplay was really fucking bleh
>>
I love Witcher but I agree. I was deeply disappointed that iorveth never showed up at all. I prefer him to roache, I think he's straight up retarded most of the time.
>>
>>337635210
I think that's my biggest complaint. The actual combat is really...off. I don't really know how to describe it, and that's coming from Witcher 1's bizarre click-to-win combat.
>>
>>337635195
So everyone you met in regions far to the East should just go to Redania for sanctuary? I think every last one of them would fight for their region. Iorveth was 100% banking on Saskia, so they both would have died there.

Just because its known for importing saves doesn't mean they matter. Witcher 1->2 didn't do shit.
>>
>>337635192
>You both were friends

You never were. Even when you're given the "option" to confront him and leave later on, the game still acts as if it was never a choice.

To be truly honest I've never seen the open ended nature of these games where "YOUR CHOICES WILL TRULY IMPACT THIS WORLD" as it is advertised. They just kill off any changes you've made in the next game, anyhow.
>>
>>337635310
It was pretty much confirmed as cut content.
>>
>>337634832
>the entire Kaedweni Outpost wasn't a complete shitfest of a chapter
Well, in return they gave you a much better chapter 3 than in Iorveth's path
>>
>>337635792
Yeah, let's just forget how fucking unfinished Chapter 3 was on release.
Even after they filled it out in the EE, it's still way shorter and has little variety. One of the most politically focused areas in the game, which as a whole is one of the least liked aspects of the game.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.