[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo's making sure people pay attention to Zelda U and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 414x234) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 414x234
Nintendo's making sure people pay attention to Zelda U and showcasing it in it's full glory.

Microsoft has Sea of thieves and Sony has Horizon Zero Dawn, but will they have actual demoes to play?
>>
I see marketers are here in full force today
>>
I haven't seen an idea that's so transparently bad in a long time. One game? Its not even that they don't have any other games to show, they just decided that they're aren't going to push them. How the hell does that even begin to sound like a good idea?
>>
>>337630763
Interactive movies cannot have demos.
>>
Blimp
>>
>>337630763
this E3 will be amazing with zelda alone, mark my words
>>
File: idiot6.png (297 KB, 1096x1050) Image search: [Google]
idiot6.png
297 KB, 1096x1050
>nintendo treehouse
>>
File: otl.jpg (18 KB, 373x519) Image search: [Google]
otl.jpg
18 KB, 373x519
>>337630763
>They're only showing zelda
what the fuck are they doing?
>>
>>337630886

Dodging the question is just proving the point

Nintendo has Atleast fully confirmed Zelda U playability
>>
>>337631194
When you still believe The Legend of Zelda is a powerhouse brand that moves consoles. Rather than a directionless and often rushed mess of half completed concepts shoved into a barely coherent framework with a gimmick added to it to make you remember what system you're playing on.
>>
>>337633780
Nintendo being unique for the sake of it despite how it's actually shooting themselves in the foot at times
>>
>>337633841

That's exactly what Zelda U is though

No gimmicks

Just a big ass adventure that's on 2 consoles
>>
File: 1335128194229.gif (403 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1335128194229.gif
403 KB, 640x360
Will anything top last year's Sony conference in terms of sheer hype?
>The Last Guardian
>Shenmue 3
>FF7 Remake

As good as Zelda NX will probably be, I can't see it generating that much hype. Especially after all these delays with fuck-all info.
>>
>>337633780

Advertising the game people were massively shitposting them for not having last year

Nintendo is well aware that the games they have left before NX isn't going to get people to Wow

Color Splash and Fedforce already have massive negativity

Why fucking bother when they could focus the entire event on the one game people have been asking for?
>>
>>337634096

Announcing shit with no info is fake hype

Atleast with Zelda U it's a massive circle jerk who massive info
>>
>>337633874
>being unique for the sake of it
Every third-rate game developer comes to E3 to show off their one game, and the most unique thing I've seen to date about Zelda W̶i̶i̶ ̶U̶ NX is the whole backflipping off your horse and shooting bullettime. Which just seems pointless.
>>
>>337634210

Clearly there's more to it

Especially since games been delayed 2 fucking years since that footage
>>
>>337633946
Well thanks for coming directly from the future for that assurance. But with Nintendo hot off fucking up a Star Fox sequel with gyro motion camera aiming; I'm going to need to reach the point in time the game's actually showcased.
>>
>>337634484
So? Twilight Princess got delayed out the ass and they wound up cutting things from the front of the development cycle.

On its face I think that is a mechanic they invented because it looked flashy and they worked it into an FMV, but ignored completely when designing the game, and only when they want to show it off again will they begin struggling to make it in some perceived way relevant and ultimately give up and fail to accomplish it. Exactly like everything pertaining to the Loftwing in Skyward Sword.
>>
>>337634096

>I can't see it generating that much hype

>>>especially with all those delays with fuck all info

You do realize the two times we got to see Zelda U/NX it generated a lot of hype for the little footage

Now imagine the actual game in full glory at E3 that's playable
>>
where did they say that they're only showing? I know it's the only game they'll have playable but their presentation will surely have other things right?
>>
>>337635546
yeah, thi game will literally break the internet, wether it´s good or bad.
and i find it extremely dificult to fuck up at this point, and with what we´ve seen so far
>>
>>337630763
I am very torn on Zelda.
On one hand I really want to see what Nintendo are doing with E3 this time around because it sounds totally crazy to just focus on Zelda and nothing else.

But on the other hand I already know that I'll buy the game at release and don't really want anymore spoiled to me. I'd like to go in as blind as possible and I'll likely not be able to. They'll spoil hours upon hours of the game at E3, and then I'll have to wait a whole damn year before having a chance to play the game. Having to avoid said spoilers for all that time, which is going to be practically impossible. So I guess I might as well watch it first hand.
>>
>>337633834
Are you actually commending Nintendo for having literally one game playable at E3?
>>
>>337635936

Look at the OP

There is no presentation

Just treehouse presenting Zelda U

It's the same time they hold their presentations
>>
>>337630763
So what are Nintendo going to do?

1. Show off too much ruining the excitement when you actually play it
2. Show off too little and 3 days footage of people playing the same 2 or 3 areas over and over and over
>>
>>337634096
>3 games that aren't even close to being out
wow, so hype.
>>
File: 1432997490244.png (26 KB, 229x252) Image search: [Google]
1432997490244.png
26 KB, 229x252
>>337633780
It's all they have to show, so they're making the most of it, I guess.

But if the game doesn't look like it was made by Jesus himself, this is going to backfire hard.
>>
>>337636830
Bro, you're taking to drones, the Nintendo kind

Nintendo could just shit on the floor and they would think it was a stellar performance
>>
>>337635546
>>337636036
This, people can hate on nintendo all they want but you can't deny how much hype some of their franchises can cause, just look at pokemon.
>>
>>337637385
They could at least show Pokemon as well. That way they'd have one Wii U game and one 3DS game
>>
File: 719b9e28.jpg (70 KB, 500x306) Image search: [Google]
719b9e28.jpg
70 KB, 500x306
>>337630763
Who cares about any of those shits?
>>
>>337637682
Because Pokemon isn't made by them

The latest Nintendo announcements have generated nothing but hate and disappointment
>>
>>337637220
i`d preffer the second one 1000x times over
>>
>>337637838
It's still viewed as a nintendo product/franchise, zelda is also their 3rd best selling franchise, its guaranteed to be hype. Only way they can fuck up is if the game is literally unplayable, and i can already see the hate/love if those "gender choice" rumors are true
>>
>>337633841

kek

good post desu
>>
>>337638147
>"gender choice" rumors

That's just wish-thinking
>>
>>337633841
It's even worse since modern Zelda just reminds you of what the series used to be a long time ago.

>>337634096
>Will anything top last year's Sony conference in terms of sheer hype?
Anyone who was hyped during Sony's conference last year is an idiot.

>The Last Guardian
Five minutes of footage showing a walking simulator with three scripted jumps and some cart pushing.

>Shenmue 3
Announcing a Kickstarter for a game that won't even be PS4 exclusive. A KICKSTARTER.

>FF7 Remake
A trailer with zero gameplay footage for something people have been stupidly begging for years.
>>
>>337634575
>star fox

Stop. Precision aiming in star fox doesn't work. Gyro aiming in both Splatoon and the Zelda HD Remakes work great.

I'm not worried about gyro.
>>
>>337638510
Still better than Nintendo's conference :^)
>>
>>337638938
Not really. Nintendo's conference was bad, but Sony's was fucking awful since it reeked of desperation.

Ubisoft is the only company that had games worth a fuck to show and even their conference was bad.

E3 has been shit the last several years.
>>
>>337630763
After the absolute disaster that was Skyward Sword, console Zelda isn't tentpole worthy. I don't understand why anyone would be excited about this game.
>>
>>337639097
It's in sort of a Half-Life 3 situation, where all the delays and a lack of info are causing hype to go crazy.
>>
>>337639097
After the absolute disasters that were Majora's Mask, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, and Skyward Sword, Zelda itself isn't tentpole worthy. Even ALBW was mediocre at best.
>>
>>337639043
Sony announced titles that people were looking forward to for ages

Nintendo announced titles that made people throw their wiius to the garbage bin

Simple as that
>>
>>337639280
A good number of people would disagree with you on some of those games, personally i found spirit tracks to be a great game
>>
>>337639397
Sony was just as shitty as nintendo desu baka senpai, the only one that kept me interested was ubisoft sadly
>>
>>337639397
Sony announced a Kickstarter, a remake of a 19-year old game with zero gameplay footage of the remake, and reminded people that The Last Guardian isn't vaporware by showing off footage that wasn't impressive in the slightest. Oh, and they finished off with Cinematic Third Person Shooter Starring Dude Raider 4: We're Finished With it This Time We Swear.

The only remotely interesting thing Sony had to show was Horizon: Zero Dawn, and even then that's only barely.
>>
Sony's e3 was literally artificial hype

TLG was the exact same demo without a release date again
>>
>>337639280
I'll give you everything but Majora and Twilight Princess. Both felt relatively unfinished (like Wind Waker), but MM had the compelling sidequests and TP's dungeons were the best in the entire series.
>>
File: OP4_1920x1080.jpg (528 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
OP4_1920x1080.jpg
528 KB, 1920x1080
Reminder: The best Zelda game in the past 10 years was a remake of the SNES game for handheld.
>>
>>337633946
The only Garuntee from Aonuma Productions is that it will be 30-ish hours (Since both Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were really fucking long compared to Ocarina).

Of course those 30 hours are going to be filler. You're deluding yourself if you think Zelda is Nintendo's "AAA" series.
>>
>>337640000
>The best Zelda game in the past 10 years
That's not really saying much.
>>
>>337634096
>Will anything top last year's Sony conference in terms of sheer hype?
Me taking a shit. Or anything else.
>>
>>337640012
Zelda formula can't pad out a open world like other games, and if they attempt to do it, they will fail.
>>
>>337640898
I'd love to hear you defend this reasoning.
>>
File: GDC_132.jpg (314 KB, 999x933) Image search: [Google]
GDC_132.jpg
314 KB, 999x933
>>337640898
>Zelda formula can't pad out a open world like other games
It can if I make you travel to the other side of the world to get something to solve the puzzle on this side of the world! I'm a genius!
>>
>>337630763
I can't wait, E3 for Nintendo is gonna be fucking hilarious.

How pathetic every Nintendrone looks now is going to be amplified 10x before, after and during the treehouse.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.