[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>let's make a long running, massively influential, critically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Gabe_newell.jpg (295 KB, 509x614) Image search: [Google]
Gabe_newell.jpg
295 KB, 509x614
>let's make a long running, massively influential, critically acclaimed flagship franchise, begin a new series of it, end it 2/3 of the way through on a cliffhanger, and then completely ignore it forever to focus on hats
>no cancellation, no buyout, no closing, no conclusion, just ignore it
>hopefully everyone else will forget about it too
>>
>>337615426
Gaben has all of the moneys.

A single video game isn't worth his time anymore.
>>
>>337615426

I don't even care anymore. Would be nice if they'd just release a comic ending the story so we have closure.
>>
>>337615426
what happens when you ask him about HL3?

do you get your kneecaps broken on the way out or something? does he order 66 your family?
>>
>>337615426
>he still cares about half life in 2016
>>
>>337616032

He probably just says "ha ha, epic meme" and changes the subject.
>>
They know it won't live up to the hype, so they are either waiting for people to stop caring, or waiting for some groundbreaking new technology.
>>
>>337616032
he's pretty much all but outright stated they don't care about making games like HL anymore
at least with something similar like duke nukem forever, there were good, clear reasons for all the delaying and development hell, but half life has just been quietly, unceremoniously dropped after years of shaping the genre
>>
I just miss the HL1 community. All the great free single player and multiplayer mods. Now, they're all dead. Many games don't allow for mods and many games that used to be a free mod are now some $15-$20 stand alone title
>>
>>337615426
>gabe alone has enough money to fund a AAA
>vive exclusive
>>
>>337615426
What I think may be happening is that he's waiting for something that could be considered revolutionary in the same way HL2's physics engine was.
And ship HL3 with that.
>>
>>337617545
please
its already been far longer than the gap between HL1 and HL2, almost ten years now
it's an abandoned franchise, and that's a travesty
>>
>>337615426
SOME MEN JUST WANT TO SEE THE WORLD BURN
>>
If dubs HL3 will be at E3 this year
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.