[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What could they do to redeem themselves? Is it even possible?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: kuAzoTm_.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
kuAzoTm_.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
What could they do to redeem themselves?
Is it even possible?
>>
Lowering the prices of old ass games, acquire third party support, and release SMG HD Collection as the last WiiU game.
>>
>>337613798
I think they have SMG 1 & 2 on virtual console
>>
Demolish treehouse
>>
Saying no to Shigeru Miyamoto a bit more often. If the nx fails, become make games for PC
>>
I'd say they would need a really good launch lineup for the NX, only way I can see myself buying it at this point
>>
>>337613613
They still make good games. They don't need redemption, the Wii U, as poorly as it sold, still has the best and most exclusives of this gen. You guys over exaggerate everything.

But then again, I'm an idort so I rarely participate in these shitposting threads.
>>
Fire everyone that works at NoA and start over from scratch.
>>
>>337615830
>>picture of the 60s and 70s metacritic scores vs other consoles and pc
>>
>>337613980
>>337613980
>>337613980
>>
>>337613613
Either make their hardware free or go third party. Never buying their shitty hardware again.
>>
>>337613798
I really expected them to announce an HD remake of Galaxy at E3, before they said they weren't releasing anything... kms
>>
>>337613613
They can start by actually making system sellers again
>>
File: 1366577092754.jpg (14 KB, 271x320) Image search: [Google]
1366577092754.jpg
14 KB, 271x320
>>337613613
By releasing sun and moon. This is always how Nintendo bounces back. Its an endless cycle of releasing pokemon games and then being shit for a year or two.
>>
>>337613613
No droughts
Have more attention toward westerners (not too much to go SJW)
Eternal Darkness 2
Fix Treehouse
Have someone keep Tanabe in check
>>
>>337613613
Make a console that isn't a piece of shit.
>>
>>337613980
>>337616027

I remember around 2013 or so when you guys were talking about how Based Treehouse was and how the Nintendo E3 streams and treehouse and all of that were much better than the others and how it was NINTENDO'S GEN

What happened?
>>
>>337616295
A series of bad moves that could be traced back to Treehouse happened.

Memes, censorship. I can't think of anything particularly goo to come out of their localization division in years.
>>
>>337613798
But SMG was shit.
>>
>>337616295
different treehouse's
One is a Localization studio
One was the name of their live streaming games show at E3
>>
>>337615830
Best != good.

Yes, it had the most and best exclusives this gen, but it was still a piddling amount, and the console had basically zero multiplat titles worth playing.

I know everyone hates it when people say "Nintendo needs to go third party", but Nintendo needs to go third party. Or handheld-exclusive. The fact is their home consoles are consistently failures, with the Wii's left-field ultracasual market breakthrough being the one weird exception.

I would contend that the only reason anyone is buying Nintendo hardware at this point is Nintendo games, and they're not really making a PROFIT on the hardware so why tie game sales to it?

It's one thing for MS or Sony to loss-lead a console because they make bank on publishing residuals if the games are sold for their platform.

Actually, the console logic is sort of simple.

>sell console at a loss to improve adoption rates
>pay for exclusive titles to improve adoption rates
>when you have the best adoption rates, licensing residuals/tie-in deals for third-party games released on your console makes your buku profit.

Nintendo is missing that third step, so the only way they're making real profit is the profit from the sales of their games... But if game sales is what they're after, why the hardware paywall?
>>
>>337616295
>What happened?
>>
>>337616592
I can tell by your second sentence, this entire post is bullshit, probably from OP.
>>
File: Nintendo Selects.jpg (113 KB, 640x402) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Selects.jpg
113 KB, 640x402
>>337613798
>Lowering the prices of old ass games,
>>
>>337613613
End Nintendo of America.
Presto!
>>
>>337616295
>Sm4sh was underwhelming
>Treehouse didn't go censorship crazy yet
>E3 is so full of stupid shit that a conference dedicated to gameplay was a breath of fresh air
>/v/ all wanted to suck that one dude's dick, myself included
Pick all of them
>>
File: Doubt.png (29 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
Doubt.png
29 KB, 300x162
>>337616592
i love how the armchair analysts on /v/ always know exactly how much ____ company is making from something

especially the idea that nintendo just cutting software wouldn't mean they'd be losing money when nintendo literally makes money on its hardware and beyond that any 1st party to 3rd party company turned to shit almost immediately because they no longer had the funds to make those previous great games

this is pachter level logic right here
>>
File: BUILT OFF A LIE.png (552 KB, 598x1029) Image search: [Google]
BUILT OFF A LIE.png
552 KB, 598x1029
>>337616861

>30 dollars for reprinted Wii games
>>
>>337616861
>charging 30$ for a 10 year old game that everybody can pirate with 0 effort
>>
>>337617136

Nigga 30 bucks for Dong Freeze is fantastic
>>
>>337617436

And Returns?

And TWO different games that are just collections of bad emulations of the original games from 1990?

Get the fuck out of here

Dong Freeze isn't even all that special. It's babby's first moderately difficult platformer.
>>
>>337613613
Honestly, with the handheld market dying... they may go up in flames.
They're going to be moving to mobile, they HAVE to.
They're very anti-piracy but they're fighting a losing battle, they may shoot themselves in the foot depending on how they implement the DRM.
>>
>>337615830
I agree but I'm mostly talking about the zelda delay and abandoning the wii u
>>
Two words.

M E L E E
E
L
E
E

H D
D
>>
I'm a lifelong Nintendo fan so don't take my word as non-biased, but I don't understand this notion of "they did something bad, they shall never be forgiven, I'm done etc". Like, I'm not a drone, there's a shitton of Nintendo games I don't like, that I never played or bought, but that never meant I jumped ship. I always keep track of what they release and if it's good, I play it. It's really not so hard. I'll look at the small handful of Wii U games that are left and at the games on NX that are going to come out, and once the NX has enough games I deem worthwhile I'm buying it.
>>
>>337618141
or fire sakurai and make the sequel that game deserves
>>
>>337616295

The Treehouse streams of 2014 and 2015 were a breath of fresh air for E3, fun and informative. But ever since E3 2015 they've gone full fucking retard with bad localizations, self-censorship and occasionally actively antagonizing their fanbase.
>>
>>337613613
The only way is for them to buy over Playstation. The competition is way too strong for them.
>>
They would literally have to make another snes. Amazing 1st party games and shit tons of third party

The nx will sell evem less than the wiiu and after that the next console will sell less then they will go third party, but by then everyone will know how shit they are and their games will be doomed to fail. Nintendos dead
>>
>>337616592
>I want quantity over quality
>>
>>337618303
>>337616942

>Breath of fresh air

I was in those threads.

You all talked about waifus on treehouse and all the streams were just filled with unprofessionalim from the casters.

You faggots latched on to the worst people. This is why professionals are professionals and faggots like treehouse aren't trusted. You aren't "being different" by putting your trust in bad quality, you're just being retarded.

So own up to the retardation.
>>
>>337618569

Gens was better then Snes

Snes was never good
>>
>>337617640
>Dong Freeze isn't even all that special. It's babby's first moderately difficult platformer.
No, fuck off. Dong Freeze is possibly one of the top 2D platformers ever made. Shit, I thought DKCR was one of the GOAT but TF is better in pretty much every way, it just didn't have the same impact that game did.
>>
1. Fire Treehouse and everyone that does anything related to translations or localizations. No matter how much they preach a policy change, which they will never do regardless, the damage has been done and no one trusts them. When you make fucking NISA of all companies look good, you have irreparably fucked up beyond all measure. Saying 'you should step out of your bubble and buy TMS, pls buy the game' is laughably pathetic. Weebs buy weebshit for weebshit, remove the weebshit and no one will buy it because no one except weebs want weeb games.
2. Fix the Amiibo bullshit. Make it physical DLC or make it meaningless, don't try and waver between the two. Either make them do useless shit like giving 1-Ups in Mario, or lock abilities behind them, stop trying to do both. Also make all versions of an amiibo give the same benefits. Yarn Yoshi should give the same benefits as Regular Yoshi.
3. Enough of the fucking gimmicks. Make the NX a console first, then a gimmick machine 2nd. Take a lesson from the 3DS, whose gimmick, 3D, can be turned off with no negative consequences.
>>
Make an HD GameCube with all GameCube games included like those SEGA Genesis bundles.
>>
>>337619386

>it just didn't have the same impact that game did.

It's because it didn't add anything to an already saturated genre. I struggle to think of anything cool that game does that adds to the genre. It's a nice experience, but GOAT is WAY overdoing it, and people have been overhyping it. It's a solid 8 or 8.5 to me.
>>
>>337613613
They could make good games and then release them in a timely manner without censorship. That would pretty much do it for me.
>>
>>337619653
>I struggle to think of anything cool that game does that adds to the genre.
To be fair, most other modern AAA 2D platformers really don't either. It didn't really need to. It's simply a well-constructed, well-polished, well-made game that looks great, feels great, has a ton of replay value, and has a great atmosphere.

It didn't really reinvent the wheel but why would you expect it to?
>>
File: 1452622239846.jpg (76 KB, 495x720) Image search: [Google]
1452622239846.jpg
76 KB, 495x720
>>337616592
>Instead of making money off their games Sony and Microsoft should make money off them
>>
>>337616861
>$30 for an eight year old game
>with its online shut down
>>
>>337613613
The only way they can regain their honor is by taking their lives with a nippon sword.
>>
>>337613613
>What could they do to redeem themselves

not be Sony.
>>
>>337613613
A normal fucking controller for the NX, and a REALLY strong launch lineup.
>>
>>337613613
send me a whore 3 times a week for a year
>>
>>337613613
Rehash the right things. Literally just rehash game like melee,f-zero gx,or super Mario 64 in hd with no changes to the gameplay but small content additions.
>>
File: logo.png (40 KB, 437x346) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
40 KB, 437x346
>>337613613
Just beat it 1 hour ago and that Finalboss fight was so good.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.