[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I'm at the point of returning Lydia to Harkon and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: skyrim[1].jpg (124 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
skyrim[1].jpg
124 KB, 1024x768
So, I'm at the point of returning Lydia to Harkon and I'm not sure if I should become a Vampire Lord or not. Which choice is more fulfilling?

It kinda sucks that this choice comes so early in the quest chain when you haven't really gotten to know either side.
>>
Be a vampire, you can always cure yourself
>>
>>337603517
The Vampire quest line kinda makes more sense in terms of writing and it's also pretty fun. Plus >>337604792

The vampire chick will become your follower no matter what you choose.
>>
>>337604792
>>337605537

My only issue is their way of thinking goes against the way I normally play my characters -- generally they're good guys so the whole "humans are cattle" thing is a bit contradictory. Do they get any redeeming qualities later?

Thanks for the feedback though. I'll probably go that route.
>>
>>337607726
No they don't
And no you can't kill Serana no matter what you do
God this DLC was abomination
>>
Werewolves > Vampires
>>
The Vampire Questline is what the story was written for

The Hunters is literally "Oh shit we didn't think you would pick this option, go find 5 generic NPCS"
>>
>>337608008

That's too bad. It's frustrating because you can't really play either side as a good guy since both sides are kind of shitty. I get that not all choices are clean in real life but they literally put a fork in the road at the beginning of the DLC and you're stuck with one shitty group or the other until the end instead of being able to make choices as they come.
>>
>all these faggots becoming vampires and not superior Werewolves

Seriously, I went werewolf in the final fight against Harkon and basically fucked him up in a few swipes.

Furry? Maybe. Still better than being Edward Sparkles Cullen? Very.
>>
>>337603517
you can be a vamp even if you go with the dawnguard, also crossbows > tiny buffs to vampirism

go with the dawnguard, though I guess vamp quests are a bit better
>>
>>337603517
Its Skyrim m8, your choices dont matter and nothing is fulfilling
>>
>>337603517
>A Todd Howard game
>choices having any sort of consequences
pick which you think is cooler, which is the Dawnguard unless you're an edgy teen
>>
>>337608561
WW gets pretty OP in Skyrim, even vanilla Dawnguard perks
>>
>>337603517
Basically when you transform into a vampire lord you'll be weaker than a werewolf but have access to magic and other utilities, along with having more benefits out of the form, at the cost of having to feed.

Becoming a werewolf gives you a huge boost when you transform but is useless against some enemies like dragons and requires constant feeding to sustain the form. You also can't drop out of the form without waiting for however many hours you need to (one per heart consumed).

As for the questline, you can take the power and leave Harkon IIRC, or have Serana give it to you later as part of the quest. It's been a while since I've played Dawnguard. The Dawnguard themselves are good people but assholes.

Best advice: Make a save before you make the choice and then pick one and keep going. If you don't like it, load your old save.
>>
File: Laughing slut.gif (2 MB, 384x372) Image search: [Google]
Laughing slut.gif
2 MB, 384x372
>>337603517
>Looking for fulfilling choices in Skyrim

Wrong game, anon
>>
>>337609397
>>337608868
>>337608748
thank you for sharing
>>
>>337609117
you are pretty much spot on, unless you make serana cure her vampirism you can at any point ask her to make you a vamp

the whole vamp vs dawnguard thing was pretty dull the best parts of the DLC are the forgotten vale and the tunnels leading to it
>>
>>337609919
>the whole vamp vs dawnguard thing was pretty dull the best parts of the DLC are the forgotten vale and the tunnels leading to it
Damn right. The Vale was fucking awesome.

Also, I just built my new PC and can actually mod Skyrim now. Anyone have a good must-have list for mods? I'm not looking for anything too intrusive; just something to pretty the game up a bit since the textures look like ass even on ultra and some new armor and weapons, hopefully ones that fit the feel of the game and aren't too weeby.
>>
>>337610292
a good place to look is tesgeneral the threads may have turned to shit since its been a long time without new tes, but the website they made is pretty good, it has all the essentials mentioned there

>I'm not looking for anything too intrusive
you should, since you played it before, just make sure to use stuff like bashed patches, mod organiser and load order sorting tools
>>
>>337603517
>So, I'm at the point of returning Lydia to Harkon and

What the hell does an ancient and powerful vampire lord want with your housecarl?

I mean besides the obvious meal.
>>
>>337613239
he probably mixed up lidya with serana/serena/whatever her name was
>>
>>337613546
Not like it's hard to mistake them
They both do nothing of worth
>>
>>337613817
yeah for all its faults at least fo4 had better companion design
>>
>>337611821
Alright, thanks. I'll go give it a look.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.