[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DaS3 Weapon Skills.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: dark_souls_3.jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_3.jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
What are the best weapon skills in DaS3?

Parry is obviously the best, but I would like to discuss the others, especially the unique ones.

>Stance and Hold
Super useful skills that really put the cherry on top an already strong group of weapons (straight swords, piercing swords, katanas)

>Crescent Blade/Sacred Light/Stance of Judgement/Unleash Dragon
The projectile attacks are great for adding a bit of range to your melee game, but all of them, except Sacred Light, have a slow wind-up making them useful for PvE only. The skill is fun though and I often forget about my melee attacks when zapping other players.

>Morne's Rage vs. Wrath of the Gods
Morne's Rage is surprisingly good for PvP. relatively quick activation and hyper-armor means it actually has a chance of hitting.
Wrath of the Gods is pure shit. Extremely long activation with no hyper-armor until the sword has been plunged into the ground and then an extra delay after that until the actual attack happens. It's not even useful for PvE.

>Ember and Profaned Flame
Ember has a pretty good AoE and although Profaned Flame doesn't seem to work the same as Stomp the attack is effective. The fire buff is great, but I would have preferred to have the option to apply my own buffs.

>Bloodlust vs. Oath of Sunlight vs. Warcry
Bloodlust is a disappointment, especially when compared to Warcry. Animation is long and causes self damage. The 30% boost to attack is nice, but not for the cost of activation. In comparison Warcry has less of a boost to attack, but its activation is faster and gives off a stunning AoE, doesn't cause self damage, and it adds a new moveset.
Oath of Sunlight is my favourite of the buffing weapon skills. Only adds a 10% boost to attack/defence, but the buff remains if you equip another weapon, not the case for Bloodlust or Warcry, and it doesn't overwrite other weapon buffs (does overwrite some non-weapon buffs).

What are everyones thoughts on weapons skills?
>>
File: 1457653222925.png (832 KB, 1188x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457653222925.png
832 KB, 1188x1080
I love the shit out of perseverance. It lets you tank almost any hit without getting staggered and lets you unload several hits. it also only needs like 5 or 10 FP so you can use the shit out of it during a PvP match.
>>
Twin princes greatsword has the best arts and aint anyone disputing me on that
>>
>>337596195
I'm using the Lothric Holy sword right now and sacred light is fun. I have the option to upgrade to twin Princes, but I'm uncertain if it's worth it. Twin Princes has higher base dmg and has both prince skills, but it also has the much slower much set compare to a straight sword.
>>
I went trough the game without even using them neither for PvE or PvP and did just fine
Only used the sacred chime ones for the free healing
>>
>>337596752
Sure but its got hyper armor to balance its speed, thats the price to pay for greatswords

Being able to trade hits is a huge advantage
>>
>>337597179
>Trade hits
People still havent caught on to this, everyone plays like if they get hit once they lose the fight in the long run.
>>
The Neck Swipe on Reapers and Leaping Slash on claws is a good mix-up.
Quickstep kinda sucks.
Wolf stance is shit. Super vulnerable on the leap and the spin has no reach.
Wolf leap is good though. Retreating while attacking with it is fucking awesome.
Pacify on the Yorshka Spear is neat for fucking people over but won't be useful that much.
Charge on long spears and Astora GS is great for punishing estus retreating.
Spin Slash and Spin Bash can be good or bad depending on the weapon. Tornado variant on Storm Curved Sword is sick. Spin Bash on the twin maces is good too.
Feast Bell and Sharpen are nice but the hp recovered is low as usual.
Demon's Greataxe Flare is great against R1 spammers.
Falling Bolt on the new Dragonslayer weapons can fuck an estus drink if you're quick.
Warcry is reliable but the rushdown R2s can be kinda finicky with actually getting hits in.
Shield Splitter kinda sucks. Needs to do full damage through shields desu.
Lifedrain is shit as usual.
Champion's Charge is good because of the surprise spin at the end.
Impact is neat.
Puncture and Darkmoon Arrow make the other bows not worth using.
Steady Chant is exactly what the catalyst needed. No gimmicks, more damage.
Combustion on the Pyro hand and Fair Lady's hair sucks.
Unfaltering Prayer sucks so much compared to Gentle Prayer, chimes wins over talismans in pretty much every way.
>>
File: 1461640374191.jpg (62 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
1461640374191.jpg
62 KB, 500x666
I find Gentle Prayer to be a useful back-up skill in PvE and co-op. A slow healing spell that out performs the <15fth and is comparable to the 25fth miracles. Can be activated at 10fth using a Priest's Chime. Combine it with the healing ring and a off hand simple weapon and you can get a pretty quick heal that never runs out.
>>
>>337598039
>Neckswipe
>extremely long windup
>same range as 1H R1
>same damage as a single R1
Am I missing something, cause this skill feels like dogshit and I never use it.
>>
>>337598039
>Lifedrain is shit as usual.
Its animation is a fraction of a second too long. It should have been the same speed as sacred flame, then it might have seen some play.
>>
>>337598587
If it hits the enemy's head, it'll do massive damage and stagger akin to a bow headshot
>>
>>337596752
I would maybe stick to Holy Sword, Twin Prince's has really bad scaling and split damage, though the R2 art has extreme amounts of hyper armor.
>>
>>337598731
I tried it several times with the hollows in high wall and I never managed to get that head shot hit
>>
>>337598951
Likely best to use it on larger enemies.
>>
>>337598951
Don't use lock-on.
>>
>>337596121
I wish it lasted a little longer as its one of those skills that continues to work when equipping a new weapon.

Anyone else disappointed that the magical looking skills don't scale at all with Int or Fth?
Most of the fire emitting skills just add a set amount of fire dmg which is a bummer for pyromancers.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.