[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GTA Online
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: GTA-Online.jpg (295 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
GTA-Online.jpg
295 KB, 610x343
So did they ever fix it and make it any fun at all?

Or is it still garbage?
>>
I haven't played it. Do they still have Cops and Robbers? That was the shit in 4.
>>
>>337594497
The problem with the game is the base mechanic design.. always-on map blips for players, respawn around the block, no consequences like loss of inventory, the sport system, etc..

Also, loading tripe.
>>
It's still garbage.

>>337594605
No.
>>
>>337594497

If anything they've made it worse

You can't attack other players in free roam or else you get fined and labeled a bad sport
>>
>>337594497
Still garbage
>>
>>337594497
Long loading times and lackluster open world is still there. Adversary modes, races and missions can be fun. Heists get old after a while.
>>
>All these new updates adding expensive penthouses and cars

>Can't afford any because all the missions and events pay jack shit
>>
>>337594909
>You can't attack other players in free roam or else you get fined and labeled a bad sport
not at all, you just get a mental state of a psychopath, so people who are doing their own thing know that you have a high opportunity of killing them on sight and you tend to get put in free roam lobbies with other psychopaths more often
>>
>>337594884
>No.
CHILDREN OF THE DEVIL, I'LL KILL YOU ALL
>>
>>337595339

Its been a while since I played
>>
>>337595183

Just play some heists dude
>>
>>337595101
>Heists get old after a while.
Those are a big problem. They are boring, way too difficult if you don't have 3 friends to play with. And they don't bring in enough money
>>
>still no single player expansion
Fuck rockstar
>>
>>337594909
That only happens if you wreck their car. It makes sense, if you want to go bananas and blow up everything and everyone, bad sports lobbies are the best. This would work perfectly fine if it wasn't for the Kuruma.

Also i think this was removed on PC.
>>
>>337595578
see
>>337595604

Speaking of which did they ever add any new ones?
>>
>>337595687
And they didn't add any new ones. Completely forgot that one
>>
>>337594909
I got butt mad at this fucker who was killing me, we just finished a job, so as he came at me I used a homing launcher to total his car

The game immediately said "Bad Sport! Fuck you don't wreck his car" and I'm like "fucking excuse me rockstar"
>>
>>337594497
despite the objective of GTAO is making money, if anything it has turnt into a grind of people spamming same missions and heists over and over not actually enjoying and trying out all the modes the game has to offer.

worst things that happened to that game was the UGC creator, which are 90% shit, as expected, races with stupid jumps etc, and the OTT expensive cars and crap, where people like me, who like to race and don't want to grind money have a disadvantage in free roam or races because of them adding new cars that out perform mine.
>>
>>337595498
ohh you ment like when it first came out, blow someone's car up and get put in the bad sport lobbbies, teething problems from the game.
in the beginning you lost 2k everytime you died, even in deathmatch, and a 10 min mission only paid out 4-7k.
>>
>>337594497
No. And there is no "fixing" it, it does exactly what it was built to do. Sell microtransactions.
>>
We also shouldn't forget the totally fucked up police which also is a problem in multiplayer. And you can't use any mods.
>>
>Its an update where you have to buy all the clothes/cars/guns in less than a week or else they are gone from the game forever

I'm still mad about the Valentine's Day and 4th of July updates
>>
>>337596135
Don't forget the pretty much useless yachts which you can't even afford without cheating or grinding for weeks. And the fucking lowriders for 1.5 million each
>>
>>337595604
They do bring enough money if done properly. The main problem is the 4 people requirement, someone leaves and you're screwed, while missions can be completed even if the rest of the team failed the mission/left.
It's a need because the scripted dialogues and cutscenes, it also prevents them from being exploited so easily.
>>
>>337596417
They don't bring enough money. The highest grossing job gets you one car and requires a lot of work.
>>
As soon as this game dipped in the water of PC it was ruined by hacker group amonomus
>>
>steals expensive car
>tries to store it into the garage
>"LMAO car too expensive dont bring that shit here xDDD"
>game is literally named grand THEFT AUTO
>>
>>337597307
>decide to buy said car
>costs 500k
>have to grind annoying missions for the rest of your life for 1 single car
>>
File: 1433387985584.jpg (14 KB, 246x237) Image search: [Google]
1433387985584.jpg
14 KB, 246x237
>>337595780
>Futo is one of the slowest sport car, to the point it's useless for racing
>It can't even drift
>Sabre GT custom is a lowrider, lost it's race stripes
>Most races are super car only
>Custom races are BR shit full of idiotic jumps, barely any turn
>Car balance overall is a joke, yet you're allowed to race with any car against any car, and there's always a predominant car for each category
>Only one gasser car, it's OP as fuck
>Ramming is encouraged, yet car deformation is not disabled
>Hosts enabling drafting but disabling catch up
>Hosts setting laps to 20 to farm money
>Hosts picks GTA race, drives a Kuruma
>You cant join a specific race without hosting it. You never get any detail from the race aside from the track name if you join through matchmaking.

JUST
>>
>>337595183
>played as bodyguard for a hacker
>ends up shooting stacks of cash out of a minigun as my payments
>have $15 million in the bank

find yourself a hacker
>>
>>337598215
some of this, pisses me off, especially the super cars, seems most people only ever race super cars.
I have had some good times in GTA races though, mainly on last gen before heists came out.
some times you get a good host (like me) and find a few good racers who get together and have perfect races, perfect lines no ramming etc.
very rare now though
>>
File: 1436036023066.png (163 KB, 428x416) Image search: [Google]
1436036023066.png
163 KB, 428x416
I ran across this super legit dude yesterday while doing a random heist with some people.
Like level 300+, around 7k/dr, had mic and spelled out what we had to do to the point of exploiting the mechanics and shit. Asked for 0% cut at the end since he didn't even need dosh.

Not even a hacker from what I could tell, there was no funky shit happening and he legit seemed well known on what he was doing all the time, to the point where he pointed out a building where an enemy chopper would spawn so we would preemptively shoot it down.

I didn't have time to ask him why he was doing it but I did friend him and was quite chill the rest of the time.

The game isn't "bad", the people playing it are just human garbage 99% of the time. And well, the grind is inexcusable but if there was no grind it'd honestly feel to easy to achieve anything.
>>
>>337600597
If buying things is the only thing keeping you playing the game (which is just repeating the same heist at that point), then it's not really a good game, is it?
>>
File: 1462745927265.jpg (13 KB, 196x178) Image search: [Google]
1462745927265.jpg
13 KB, 196x178
>Fully mapped out ocean with fuck all to do in it

>No one plays anything that isn't a race or shootout so golf and tennis are out of the question 90% of the time

>Boats and aircrafts are still not customizable

>There is almost nothing to do with boats and aircrafts

>No real noticeable difference between any of the guns at all

They really dropped the ball with this
>>
>>337594497

GTA Online is pure anger. The game pisses me off so much mainly because of the frequent and extremely long load times and how shit the shooting is.

>Empty mag on someone
>Take cover
>Enemy takes 10 steps before dying

The lag is so extreme sometimes. And the whole game is just slow as fuck grinding.
>>
File: 1449654541884.jpg (6 KB, 201x240) Image search: [Google]
1449654541884.jpg
6 KB, 201x240
>>337601382
For the people with that mindset, yes. That day I just happened to go into heists just for kicks since I haven't even finished mine as host, and I've never ran into a hacker so it's not like I have that much cash in the first place.

Most of the time I'm on races or adversary modes just because I like it more and teamwork makes me anxious that I'll fuck up anyway.
Sure, it's almost always kiddies with pimped out supercars but for what it's worth I enjoy it.

I'm not defending it though, don't get me wrong. I can see why it's seen a horseshit and it's perfectly valid. The loading is unbearable and many mechanics are fucked up, but it entertains me. Hell, I might even be contributing to the industry cancer by enjoying it but I can't help it.
>>
It still fucking annoys me, it could be so fun yet they did everything they could to make it shit with grind and insurance system.
Only times it's fun is when you do some random shit with strangers but beacuse of cancerous community you can barely do that and even if you find someone to have a little adventure with you will get killed by some other faggot attacking you for no reason.
>Flying civilian helicopter
>Suddenly a faggot with Homing-Launcher
>Driving
>Suddenly faggot with kuruma shows up and shoots you, but your only way to shoot back is by using explosive, which already cost you and then you have to pay retarded insurance
>Swimming on a boat
>Suddenly faggot with a armed helicopter
I don't mind people killing me in freeroam from time to time but in this game almost everyone thinks it's a deathmatch and tries to kill you on sight.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.