[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the fulton the worse thing to ever happen to Metal Gear?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Fulton train.jpg (290 KB, 1924x1009) Image search: [Google]
Fulton train.jpg
290 KB, 1924x1009
Is the fulton the worse thing to ever happen to Metal Gear?
>>
No, Konami's insistence on keeping the series alive gets that title.
>>
The Regenerating health, combat focus, and open world are worse
>>
>>337577863
No, gameplay is the worst thing. I didn't buy this game to play it god damn it. I fucking hate when games have gameplay.
>>
>>337579413
>regenerating health
>le all trends are bad meme
It makes sense for a stealth game where you're not suppose to get shot at in the first place
>>
>>337579887
>le "insert something you don't like" meme
That doesn't lend your argument any legitimacy
>>
>>337579887
All it does is encourage a less stealthy approach
>>
>>337577863
Open world was a mistake.
>>
>>337579887
Regenerating health is for games where you are constantly shot.
>>
No, the Tranquiliser pistol is objectively the worst thing to ever happen to Metal Gear.

It was the pivitol point the series shifted from a close to realistic military simulator to a non lethal, fulton everything snooze fest
>>
>>337577863
giving you a birth was the worse thing to ever happen anon
>>
Kojima making any game past 3 was the worst thing to happen
>>
>>337580047
>can't recover health on the spot
>need to stand still to regenerate
>while you're being shot at
>"more combat focused"
nah
>>
>>337577863
Fulton is fine.

It's the over-reliance on it as a mechanic, and the Open world bullshit that ruined it.

Open World is a cancer.
>>
>>337577863

No, Act 2 was. It bloats the fucking game up when it really didn't need bloating considering how long it takes to get to Act 2 to begin with.
>>
>>337580140
Yep.
>>
>>337580330

Fultons make it too easy to get rid of bodies. Remember when you used to have to hide bodies and/or move quickly between locations?

Now it's just tranq + fulton all day everyday.
>>
>>337577863
No, for games structured on recruitment like MPO, PW and TPP, I'll take magic party balloons over manually dragging guys to the truck over and over again.
>>
>>337577863
No, more open level design combined with first-aiming is. CQC didn't help either. MGS3 shifted the direction of the series in all the wrong ways.
>>
>>337580330
>open world is a cancer

I love this epic new meme.
Open world is great; poorly executed open world like asscreed is what's cancerous.
>>
>>337580140
The tranq gun was an easy way to get no-death runs, but aside from how it trivialized that aspect of ranking the tranq gun wasn't particularly egregious itself.

And Metal Gear was never even remotely "realistic."
>>
File: Eagle of Displeasure.jpg (68 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
Eagle of Displeasure.jpg
68 KB, 500x340
>Ground Zeroes was perfect and everything I was hoping TPP would be.
>Instead....we got TPP.
>>
>>337580660
More like kneecap everyone with a sniper rifle complete mission in like 5 mins S rank lel
>>
>>337580947
It turned out to be pretty cancerous for TPP.
>>
>>337580047
nah, that's what keeping rations in your item slot did
>>
Yes OP. It is. Mother Base management is boring and stupid and takes away from the core gameplay.
>>
>>337577863
subsistence camera was the worse thing, even if /v/ is too casual to see how it turned a strategic stealth series into a braindead shooter
>>
>>337580140
>a close to realistic military simulator
lmfao holy fuck

i've never heard this used to describe metal gear ever
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.