[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the hell happened to Nintendo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: 1462894532693.png (941 KB, 700x744) Image search: [Google]
1462894532693.png
941 KB, 700x744
What the hell happened to Nintendo?
>>
They dug too far into their own hole. Now they can't even see what consumers look like.
>>
>>337572881
Extreme NSMBifcation
>>
I am auctally hyped for Federation Force
>>
File: 1458570965513.gif (7 KB, 200x240) Image search: [Google]
1458570965513.gif
7 KB, 200x240
The person who was mismanaging it passed away, so they are in a transition state to a better Nintendo.
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 450x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 450x330
Federation force was a project from 2009 running on the assumption that Other M would be good and went in too deep that he can't just hold off because you didn't get a game

Also he chose Next Level whose only good with cartoon graphics

Color Splash was planned in advance, and it's too late on the Wii U's life to make another game, keep in mind that the majority of IS is focusing on Fire Emblem more

The best you'll get is Color Splash being sticker star done better
>>
>Let me nitpick 2 games from the same guy and pretend it's all of Nintendo
>>
>>337573645
Why?
>>
>>337573928
>the same guy
They're being made by two different studios.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 800x800
>>337573519

Oh boy it's this meme argument again

>>337573931
Not your anon, but I'm not a sperg because of an art style, Next Level Games are great developers while Metroid fags are still going to be pissed off, I'm not going to simply not okay a guaranteed good game
>>
>>337574032
Tanabe is the producer of both, as well of Sticker Star.
>>
>>337574047
>Oh boy it's this meme argument again
Why don't you try refuting it instead of spouting buzzwords you dumb phoneposter.
>>
They are transitioning to new systems and are padding out the year between systems with mediocre games
>>
>>337574405
FedForce has been in development since forever and Color Trash has better graphics than 95% of WiiU games.
It's clear that they're both important projects.
>>
Simple. They refuse to progress and get with the times. Nintendo still operates like it's 1999 and still markets exclusively to kids despite most Nintendo system owners being in their teens/early 20s nowadays.

Modern kids don't care about Mario or Pokemon anymore. They're too busy being glued to phones/tablets for portable gaming and Youtubers like Pewdiepie or Markiplier for everything else. Nintendo hasn't figured this out yet.
>>
>>337574724
Back then their games weren't for children, they were for everyone.
>>
>>337573787
>better Nintendo
>mobile gaming
You need to be at least 18 to post here.
>>
>>337572881

They're allocating all of their resources to NX game development and they're doing a really shitty job bridging the gap until then. Also, NoA went off the deep end.
>>
Entertainment for children have two sides:
Trippy<----->Retarded
The more to the trippy side, better it is as well, and nintendo started very trippy given the lack of technology.

But as technology progressed, they went to the retard side more and more, and now they're almost reaching teletubbies level.

Someone should throw a marijuana smoke bomb in nintendo or something to fix it.
>>
>>337576831
That's because America went off the deep end
>>
File: Kensuke_Tanabe.jpg (14 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
Kensuke_Tanabe.jpg
14 KB, 250x150
It's like love
It's like romance
>>
>>337575887
Profit wise, you dolt.

niggers in nintendo threads should look in a mirror before talking about age.
>>
>>337575887
>>mobile gaming
>bad
pick one
>>
>>337572881
I can't believe nintendrones defend these games.
>>
File: Paper Mario.png (2 MB, 1498x3344) Image search: [Google]
Paper Mario.png
2 MB, 1498x3344
They don't know how much people hate it
>>
>>337572881
They made some games you don't like.
>>
>>337572881
What do you mean? The games you posted look fine. Nintendo is the same it's ever been.
>>
Ditch Paper Mario
Ditch Federation Force
Ditch Sakamoto

Make Warioware DIY for the Wii U. Hell, I'll even get an NX if it were on that exclusively. Mario Maker was a success, so why wouldn't WarioWare be as good, if not better?
>>
>>337580025
They already did WarioWare DIY and it did ok
>>
>>337574327
Not him, but it's not an argument. NSMB is a good game series, and U is arguably the best 2D Mario game. 1 game per console is hardly an issue.
>>
>>337572881
Fed Force looks fun. Jury is out on Paper Mario.
>>
>>337580078
They did it, and it was limited by their terrible approach to internet.

Now that they are making sense of online shit, and Mario Maker being excellent and well received, making a bigger DIY would be a smart move.
>>
File: japanese phil fish unimpressed.jpg (2 MB, 3568x2000) Image search: [Google]
japanese phil fish unimpressed.jpg
2 MB, 3568x2000
>There’s no definitive plan or anything. It’s just me off the top of my head. I know how hated the character of Tingle is in the U.S. I know that people cannot stand Tingle. But to me that challenge is: Could I take this character that is so reviled in the West and just [do] a complete turnaround and make him a beloved, fun character? The idea of that really just gets me going. I know we have made a Tingle game in the past, but maybe at some point down the road.
>It’s like love. It’s like romance: You meet someone and you’re like, ‘Oh god, I can’t stand that person.’ And then three weeks later, you’re madly in love — it’s that turn, that quick whip, that motivates [me] a little bit. If we we ever get a really successful Tingle game, maybe we will have like a big Tingle statue out there
>>
>>337580616
to be fair, that Tingle game on the DS looks really good and unique.
>>
File: 1463035374379.webm (2 MB, 900x550) Image search: [Google]
1463035374379.webm
2 MB, 900x550
>>337572881
You grew up. They didnt
>>
>>337580343
You don't seem to know what the complaint of NSMB-fication means then. The mainline 2D games being like U is fine. The complaint is about Nintendo changing their Non-Mainline games to be more like the mainline games/NSMB in terms of characters and story - no more unique settings, characters, no personalities allowed, etc. The issue is that people enjoyed the Non-mainline mario series for their differences and what made them unique - making them just like the mainline games is a full on stupid move.
>>
File: 1462725025483.jpg (81 KB, 600x904) Image search: [Google]
1462725025483.jpg
81 KB, 600x904
>>337572881
Tanabe happened.
I remember Reggie stating that he knows exactly what gamurz want, but that this is just not how "Nintendo works". They know they could release "actual" Metroid and Paper Mario games, but they just don't want to. They're focusing on some very obscure audience that apparently only they know about.
>>
>>337580616
>Tanabe is becoming a meme
Excellent
>>
>>337577302
I don't mean to defend Nintendo of America in any regard for their shitty practices but you're kind of right.
Like there has been a very clear and prominent trend in the american public under the age of 30 that is trending towards social activism in the past 2 or so years, and for whatever reason it feels like NoA is trying to ride that wave by making everything they touch as inoffensive as possible.
I don't know if that's what they're actively thinking while doing it, but it's certainly a parallel that exists.
>>
>>337572881
federation force is a direct response to other m's backlash

they tried fleshing out characters and providing backstory and making a serious story with other m and it was a disaster, so here's a cartoony prime game that's sterile to the point where none of the characters have faces or names
>>
>>337575887
>24
>I like mobile games

Kill me
>>
Can someone explain to me how the Wii U did so poorly without just memeing?
I know it's far from the perfect console, but as I look back on it, it actually had a decent number of actual good games to it's name. It didn't have the strongest diversity in the world, but is it really just because the majority of people only ever buy one console per generation so if you don't have the same AAA lineup you're just automatically DOA? Or was it more like it just couldn't gain the momentum back after it's terrible launch when several 3rd parties abandoned it?
I just feel like if you look at it objectively right now with all 3 main consoles into their life span, the Wii U technically still has the strongest exclusives available right now. Not even hating on the others as I think they're doing pretty good and have promising futures too.
>>
>>337582148
They made every single decision incorrectly then during Other M. If it is supposed to be a serious Samus story, why give her high heels and a power suit tied to her self-confidence? Why not just actually make a serious story about isolation that doesn't star a doll woman?
>>
>>337582595
Droughts and poor marketing
>>
Complacency and their god-awful fans perpetuating it.
Why work when you can shit out things on far less effort and still make the same amount of money?
>>
>>337582595
I agree with you man, I love my Wii U and feel it has a good library, and still have no need to buy an Xbone or PS4.

But why the Wii U failed is still pretty obvious. Combination of bad marketing (a lot of people, mostly people who had just started vidya with the Wii, thought the Wii U was an add-on to the Wii rather than a new console), lack of third-party support, weak launch, and it was a bit too slow to get its really strong titles up. It did have an upswing in 2014 with Mario Kart 8 and Smash Bros, but it still wasn't enough to make up for its weak first year or so. Also, not getting tis own Zelda hurt bad too, especially now that it's confirmed the Wii U will be the first Nintendo console to not even have its own Zelda game.
>>
>>337582595
It was originally aimed at the Wii crowd, but they moved onto smartphones and were completely done with the Wii. The huge drought of initial worthwhile games created an impression that the WiiU just wasn't worth it, and now it's much too late to change that impression.
>>
>>337582595
Casuals (Nintendo's target demo) confused the Wii U with the Wii. They thought it was just a game pad that you use for the Wii. So casuals never bought it and "hardcore" gamers went for the PS4 and Xbone instead.
>>
>>337582148
Other M didn't provide backstory, it supplanted Samus' existing backstory with one that was way more retarded and terrible. It was entirely destructive.
>>
>>337582753
because they look at other m and say "it failed because we tried this, this, and this" and not "because we tried this, this, and this and did all of it poorly"

nintendo has two settings when it comes to fan feedback: ignore it, or overcompensate
>>
>>337578538

Reason for plain toads is simply to stem the ever rising tide of faggots like Gaijin Goomba, least Nintendo become a sea of OC do not steal like Sonic.
>>
>>337582786
Poor marketing is definitely true.
As for the droughts, I guess this just plays into the "why only have one console" thing. I just struggle with the idea because I fundamentally misunderstand the casual consumers.

>>337582995
>>337583068
I'd argue that it was initially aimed at the hardcore crowd since it's launch lineup was predominantly M-rated AAA action games. The problem is they were all just enhanced ports of games most people already had like Deus Ex, CoD, and Bamham.

if Nintendo just puts effort into marketing like they did with the 3DS they can actually not be retarded and have people buy their shit.
Despite my hesitations with Nintendo lately I can't say I want to see them fail, I hope the NX is a turnaround.
>>
File: 1435954104024.jpg (28 KB, 549x442) Image search: [Google]
1435954104024.jpg
28 KB, 549x442
>>337572881
You grew up.
>>
>>337582595
Poor marketing and no 3rd party support to competitively draw players away from PSBone.
Mostly marketing though.
>>
>>337572881
They decided that toys, homogenized Fisher-Price and anime-pandering (""censored"" or not) is the way to go after the WiiU fuckup.
>>
Who cares what the fisher price of videogame's is doing or making
You're a not a kid anymore, grow up and mentally mature already.
>>
>>337583539
Well they are a card/toy company traditionally. It makes sense that they would go there after getting BTFO so hard.
>>
>>337572881
So hungry for that casual audience. When NX fails Mario will be in an alley begging to suck dick just to get attention. It's sad. I love Nintendo, and always will, but I think console-wise they're done after NX.
>>
>>337583307
The motion controls and screen were a pretty clear gambit to recapture the success of the Wii and DS, which were successful because of attracting the casual crowd. And throughout the WiiU's life cycle, they focused on pushing that gimmick instead of making conventionally good games. At best, they made a token effort by asking third parties to make quick ports (with ZombiU being a weird exception) but that was never the focus.
>>
>>337583649
>someone on an anonymous video games discussion board is telling others to grow up and mature
>>
File: show_141_thumbForVideoPanel.jpg (32 KB, 761x360) Image search: [Google]
show_141_thumbForVideoPanel.jpg
32 KB, 761x360
>>337573841
>The best you'll get is Color Splash being sticker star done better
>>
>>337581984
NoA is in Seattle, so that would make sense.
>>
>>337583712
>that was never the focus
They literally pushed back nearly all their games at launch to make way for 3rd parties so they wouldn't compete directly during the launch window, the entire point was going for 3rd party support.

You're totally right though, companies like Ubisoft and EA don't want to make specialized games for only one console anymore, so they just abandon it entirely because it's not as homogenized as the other consoles.
>>
>>337582595
Nintendo couldn't decide whether or not they wanted to target casuals or the hardcore crowd.

Hell, they still can't decide.
>>
File: FuckTheGap.jpg (38 KB, 459x331) Image search: [Google]
FuckTheGap.jpg
38 KB, 459x331
>>337576831
>They're allocating all of their resources to NX game development and they're doing a really shitty job bridging the gap
>bridging the gap
Nigga, they abandoning ship.
>>
>>337583987
This. You can't have it all. You either pander to the casuals or go for the hardcore gamers.
>>
>>337583976
>They literally pushed back nearly all their games at launch to make way for 3rd parties so they wouldn't compete directly during the launch window, the entire point was going for 3rd party support.
I bought this excuse back at launch, but the clear difficulties almost every single one of their WiiU development cycles has had makes me think they just didn't have anything ready. They tried to spin it as an intentional decision after the fact, sort of like how they're trying to spin the fact that the NX isn't ready for E3 as a desire to focus exclusively on Zelda.
>>
>>337584272

Pretty much. But at least this time they're not just gonna launch the system anyway.

Hopefully by March they have all their eggs in a row and have a good launch.
>>
File: 1418196075204.jpg (15 KB, 350x384) Image search: [Google]
1418196075204.jpg
15 KB, 350x384
Nintendo got so caught up in "innovating" the game industry that they forgot a lot of important aspects about progress. You can't force innovation, you have to let it happen at a natural pace. There has to be a reason for an addition to how we play video games. Shoulder buttons worked well because they added a new function to a controller without getting in the way of using the d pad and face buttons. A control stick was added for analog movement for 3D games, and still used the face buttons and shoulder buttons. Gamecube added analog triggers while still keeping an analog stick and face buttons. This is how evolution works, you add things to enhance what's already there and grant more options.

Now Nintendo's ideas however seem to focus on inventing completely different control schemes at the cost of ignoring what's already been established. Splatoon works because it features gyro aiming for a little bit more control on top of controlling the camera with a stick. It uses shoulder buttons to fire and face buttons for player actions. It only added a feature onto what already functions on the game controller. Skyward Sword and Star Fox Zero try to push their own new control schemes while denying the player any proven options for control like being able to use a stick to turn underwater, or using the right stick to quickly aim your reticle all over and letting you use the gyro for adjusting once it's in the preferred zone.

This is evident in some of their game design as well. Rather than develop off of what worked in a previous game, they keep trying to push completely new experiences while forgetting what made the series work to begin with.

The only franchise they won't do this with is Mario, but that's suffering the exact opposite problem where they won't let anyone innovate with it enough. They really need to learn to strike better balances in how games get developed.
>>
>>337584272
Hell, by 2017 you KNOW all they'll have for NX to announce is ports of Smash and Mario Maker, Mario Kart 9 and 3D Galaxy or whatever the fuck is next.
>>
>>337572881

Both of these games were very close to the end of their development cycle at the time they were announced, so the developers never really had a chance to take the fans' criticisms into consideration.

This is mainly a problem of Nintendo's recent weird decision to hide all of their non-Zelda/Miyamoto games from the public and only announce them when they are 99% finished and ready to be released within the year. They should go back to doing what the other companies are doing and release non-gameplay teaser trailers for their games years in advance so that the developers have time to listen to fan feedback and implement some of the things the fans are asking for.
>>
>>337583539
Nintendo has always been a toy company. since 1885
>>
>>337584463
>The only franchise they won't do this with is Mario, but that's suffering the exact opposite problem where they won't let anyone innovate with it enough. They really need to learn to strike better balances in how games get developed.
At this point I think they just need to let the new blood spread their wings. Splatoon feels much more like a Nintendo game than most of Nintendo's recent output. Let them make desicions that make sense, instead of the old guard trying to shoehorn old ideas and philosophies where they don't belong.
>>
>>337583307
>I'd argue that it was initially aimed at the hardcore crowd
>Nintendoland
>Wii fit U
>Wii sports
>Wii Karaoke U
>moneyhatted Just dance
>Cancellation of open world game by the lead of Saints Row 1&2 in favor of Lego City U
>Mario and Sonic @
>All in launch period
It was pretty obvious at who the Wii U was aimed and it was definetly not the core.
>>
>>337573841
>Also he chose Next Level whose only good with cartoon graphics
Retro Studios was a younger company when they transitioned from Metroid Prime to DK, so NLG being a one-trick pony isn't an excuse. They should be able to work outside their comfort zone more often.
>>
>>337584463
>using the right stick to quickly aim your reticle all over and letting you use the gyro for adjusting once it's in the preferred zone.

how would that work with the game's control scheme? Wouldn't it be impossible to aim while braking or turning? The minimal motion controls option allows you to aim the cursor with the orientation of your ship like in the classic games and then use the gyro for fine-tuning, but I think most people hear "gyro on when firing" and disregard it without knowing how it works.
>>
>>337584751
>They should go back to doing what the other companies are doing and release non-gameplay teaser trailers for their games years in advance so that the developers have time to listen to fan feedback and implement some of the things the fans are asking for.

what kind of positive feedback would you be able to get from the reaction to a non-gameplay teaser? Did you see the FF7 remake announcement trailer and say "gee, square, you should really make the game episodic and change the combat scheme entirely?"
>>
>>337586023
Right sorry. I kinda lost track of my metaphor with that one. A better one would be how the DS worked with two screens because handheld screens are small and adding another grants access to more information for the player. It also works because the screens are set to always be so close together so they're in easy sight. The Wii U gamepad's second screen does not work like that. it's a bigger heavier screen that only serves to give information that could be given on the completely separated and much bigger TV screen you should have. granted that's more against the gamepad itself rather than Star Fox Zero, but that game definitely represents the problem with this setup.
>>
>>337578538

And people will still blame Miyamoto for what happened to Sticker Star.
>>
>>337586483
Why not? They were making TTYD 2.0 until Miyamoto told them to rip out the story and characters.
>>
>>337586483
>>337586762
It's hilariously ironic how Miyamoto didn't want the game to just be a port of TTYD, when at this point a TTYD port would have been undoubtedly much better accepted
>>
>>337586762

>me: hey man, I see you're making a robot, you could use a bit less metallic parts and "As much as possible" use only laser weapons

>you: OH SO YOU MEAN USE FLUFF, COTTON, WOOL, AND THE ONLY LASERS I SHOULD USE ARE PEW PEW ONES!?!?!?

>me: well, no, that's not what I mean i was just saying lean to-

>you: WELL IT DOESNT MATTER, THE ROBOTS SOLD MILLIONS OF COPIES AND ONLY A VOCAL MINORITY FROM THE BIDEO RAMES BOARD ON 7CHAN SEEM TO HATE

>me: well, whatever... (M&L is better anyway so do what you want, I gotta make Store Fax O anyway)
>>
>>337586303
I agree. As much as it's odd to admit it, Ubisoft had the right idea with Zombiu, where they were aware that you lost your situational awareness when staring at the gamepad and made the game based around the unease of knowing what's around you.

I think that starfox could've worked perfectly using gyro if it added an extra dot to the aiming reticle on the tv screen for complete precision (or just make it change color if the shot will hit) and used the gamepad screen only for the direct-i and other minimal concepts.

The problem with starfox is that it was built on the briefing of "show consumers what the gamepad is capable of doing", which I'm sure led them to discard some more logical design concepts in favor of concepts that followed the briefing. I feel that's why they ended up with some odd ideas like forcing you to use the gamepad's speakers.

The thing about the gamepad, especially the screen, is that it works better against the tv or substituting it than in conjunction. I had a blast playing the starfox multiplayer, and a lot of the Nintendoland asymmetrical games did in fact showcase concepts I'd never seen done in such a logical way. I feel they overlooked that and just tried the more obvious concepts.
>>
>>337572881

Honestly, it's just incompetence. Tanabe is the scapegoat but I'm sure there's many others around him who suffer a collective delusion. They just don't understand what made Metroid or Paper Mario good in the first place.

Sakamoto is also to blame. Say what you want about other big Nintendo names like Aonuma or Sakurai, but at least they're competent and mostly reliable. Nintendo can trust that they will continue to shepherd their franchises and deliver results (even if some fans aren't always happy with their design philosophies). Sakamoto is NOT reliable, at all. He fucked up Other M, got a huge negative fan reaction, and now Nintendo doesn't know what the hell they're supposed to do with Metroid. Federation Force is the result. Maybe Kimishima will get things under control, we'll see.
>>
So what games would you want to see on the NX?
Hard Mode: Think of interesting IP's or spinoffs they could try
>>
>>337586303

Star Fox Zero doesn't actually require you to focus on the gamepad screen at all. You can swap the screens using the minus button and just use whichever viewing angle is more appropriate for the situation. Dogfights are much better if you put the TV screen in cockpit view and ignore the 3rd person view unless you need to find out which direction the enemy is in, while the on-rails levels are better while using 3rd person view on the TV and ignoring the gamepad screen entirely.

The boss battles are the only parts where both screens are needed, but you can still swap between them instantly and just focus on the 1st person view while attacking, and then swap back to the 3rd person view when you need to dodge the boss's attacks.
>>
>>337587187
Fatal Frame 5 using the gamepad was actually great, especially because of that similar spook factor. It felt like the first time I was fumbling around with tank controls in RE.
>>
>>337587314
It still seems like a needlessly convoluted concept that only exists to justify a controller that never justified itself for any other game to begin with.
>>
>>337586762
No. Miyamoto only just said the beta was just a port of the GC game, and that making an RPG like the previous Paper Mario games was fine.

Tanabe should take the blame, not Miyamoto. Nice shitposting.
>>
File: 1444261567001.png (713 KB, 960x757) Image search: [Google]
1444261567001.png
713 KB, 960x757
>>337572881
So will their concept art compete with Retro?
>>
>>337587335

There's a handful of autists (maybe it's one guy with a thousand monitors) who repost the same threads over and over and over on /v/. No other board suffers from this problem, at least to such a huge extent.

The hotpockets just need to crack down on reposted threads more often.
>>
>>337587161
>I see you're making another robot, similar to that earlier one that we released that was successful and beloved.
>don't do that. Instead, as much as possible, only use the abacus I invented decades ago. Also, does a robot really need wires? It's fine without them.
>>
File: 1445695675422.jpg (25 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1445695675422.jpg
25 KB, 321x322
>>337587335
>>
>>337587594
My theory is that like the whole mlp garbage it started with some autists trying to force memes until new people who came into this side took it for "board culture" and started repeating it.
>>
>>337587335
I used to visit /v/ every other day, now I just just check in every 2 or 3 weeks to see if it's still the exact same shit.
>>
>>337587486
>never justified itself for any other game to begin with
I guess you haven't played enough games using it.
I'll fully admit that it's a gimmick that shouldn't be universal but when it did work well I really liked it.
>Affordable space adventures
>Fatal Frame 5
>sections of W101
>Nintendoland
>making every zelda game way faster with a 2nd screen(this applies to 3DS too though)
>>
>>337587642
>>don't do that. Instead, as much as possible, only use the abacus I invented decades ago. Also, does a robot really need wires? It's fine without them.
Miyamoto never forced Tanabe to completely reinvent Paper Mario, though. Research before posting.
>>
File: 1462720910952.jpg (147 KB, 672x960) Image search: [Google]
1462720910952.jpg
147 KB, 672x960
How many fucking years has it been since TTYD came out?

Deal with it
>>
>>337587002
god forbid they try not to rehash everything to death.

That said, they haven't been going about the best ways with it. But from the interviews it seems more like Miyamoto suggested they try and explore something new with the gameplay and they decided to scrap everything and make it based entirely on their unproven concept.

I think there was a story about retro showing an early build of metroid prime to miyamoto and him mentioning something like "what would the first person view be like if Samus had the head of an insect?". They played around with the concept of different perspectives and capacities and created the visor system. The paper mario team might've scrapped the game and made an entire game about flying around shit and laying your morphball eggs in the flesh of your enemies
>>
3DS and Wii U are dying and the NX is coming to replace them. Not a big deal
>>
>>337587519
Not him but did you read >>337578538 all the way? I blame Tanabe and the rest of the team more (they're especially to blame when it comes to the gameplay) but he's still partially to blame on the story & character aspect. I only say partially though since they could've still used a hell of a lot more characters in the game than they did since the Mario universe is filled with the stuff.
>>
>>337587519
The gameplay was Tanabe's fault
The story was Miyamoto's

There was no "one person" at Nintendo for making this game a disappointment, it was a group effort
>>
File: 1453075636107.jpg (54 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
1453075636107.jpg
54 KB, 660x495
Name one upcoming Nintendo-developed game that is set to release in 2016 on 3DS or Wii U.
>>
>>337577794
I don't give a fuck about profit, none of that money goes in my pocket so idgaf

I just want good games

I would be an EA fan if I gave a shit about profit
>>
>>337583261
this damage control is retarded

that shit is irrelevant to the game
>>
File: shrug.jpg (77 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
77 KB, 384x313
I will never understand how people here think the Wii U is an amazing console. Sure, compared to the competition, there's more game. However, most of the games on it are just overpriced financially safe sequels. Nothing on it stood out to me, besides a few exceptions (W101, Xenoblade X, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors).
>>
>>337588570
Does that include ones already out in Japan?

The West is still waiting on Kirby Robobot and Rhythm Heaven Megamix
>>
>>337588570
is kirby out yet?
>>
>>337588029
true

Nintendo is a lost cause at this point
>>
you forgot to add mario maker and splatoon in those images
>>
File: 38403740384-2.gif (595 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
38403740384-2.gif
595 KB, 480x360
>>337574047

>Next Level Games are great developers
>which is why they're willing working on a METROID game with a massive focus on multiplayer

Argument discarded. Hunters should've been enough proof that you never put multiplayer in Metroid.
>>
>>337588893
>>337588964
Kirby developed by Hal, not Nintendo.

Rhythm Heaven Megamix already out in Japan.
>>
>>337587187
>Ubisoft had the right idea with Zombiu, where they were aware that you lost your situational awareness when staring at the gamepad and made the game based around the unease of knowing what's around you.
Back then that made sense to me too, but having used the Gamepad for the past three years, that mindset really just represents being a shameless novice at dual screen gameplay.

It takes no more mental effort to use the Gamepad screen than it does to track both screens on a DS, provided you break the habit of leaving the controller in your lap the whole time when you play. The Gamepad isn't as heavy or cumbersome as photos or shitposters suggest, either.
>>
>>337589291
Well then nothing, they're publishing a ton of games but it seems most of their devs are all putting their efforts into the NX
>>
>>337588964
>>337588893
the newer thing that pisses me off about Nintendo is that they gotten so bad

that they got to the point where their brand is EA-tier where is disgusting to see

now what Nintendo brand means to me is that the game will have content locked behind excessive payment for shit that I don't want and the game will be censored as fuck

Kirby Robo is a good game but Nintendo publishing became a cancer
although is hypothetical, I can honestly say the game would be better if it was published by somebody else
>>
>>337581440
???????????????????????????????????????????????????
>this thread is utter nonsense just like nintendo not making good games.
>>
>>337589276
But Hunters had fun multiplayer.
>>
>>337589637
Actually, you'll be happy to know that HAL was based enough to make UFO unlockable. It requires 100% but still better than nothing.
>>
>>337589276
I thought people loved Hunters multiplayer
>>
I can't wait for the NX to curbstomp the PS4 and Xbone out of existence.
>>
>>337574047
Next Level is a talented developer and I don't mind the art style or gameplay shift (since it is a spinoff and all)

But the problem is that FF just plain does not look fun in the least, and people who have had a chance to play it (and don't work for Nintendo) usually verify this. It's slow, it's boring, it lacks everything that people liked about Metroid but it also lacks anything that people like about team based shooters. It doesn't have the fun combat, it doesn't have the interesting exploration or world design, what the fuck is there to look forward to about this?

I'd like to be wrong but every piece of footage just makes the game look like a slog and I'm not going to just assume that it will be good simply Next Level is on it. Good devs produce bad games, it happens.
>>
>>337581440
Yeah, its called children.
>>
>>337574724
Oh yes, everyone should listen to (you) since you're a master of marketing, sales, and the voice of youth.

I bet you make 10k a month with your hot opinions.
>>
>>337589778
Honestly even if they hadn't done that would it really have been something worth getting mad about?
>>
>>337589778
sweet.

I'm thinking of hacking the 3DS but I be like fuck it, is good to know that I don't have to hack it in order to access some of the goodies

anyways my point still stand, I am no longer happy to see the nintendo brand popup but disgusted to see it
>>
>>337588861
Explain to me why you think any other console this generation was any better. There was a hell of a lot more interesting shit on the wiiu than any other console this gen.

BTW, not saying "omg wiiu was so good" but my point is that the others weren't that interesting either. At least the wiiu wasn't a mass of mobas, fps games, and cinematic garbage
>>
>>337590110
He acknowledged that it had more games than the others. Try reading past the first sentence.
>>
>>337589942
the thing Nintendo should realize is the kids today don't actually play videogames

seriously most of them are glued to a tablet screen and watches somebody else play it

the mobile market has won the kiddies

the biggest audience for videogames are now dudebros, which is why you always see madden, fifa, COD and such consistently on top of the charts
>>
>>337590474
Why do you think they're making mobile shit now?
>>
>>337589465
It's incredibly hard to market something that forces consumers to break habits unless there's a noticeable benefit.

Regardless of the gamepad's virtues Nintendo was unable to present that adequately through the biggest first-party games.

The separate viewpoints of tv and gamepad are more intuitive when displayed asynchronously and it makes more sense for developers to take this path.
>>
>>337580884
I don't think it's that. Because I still own a GameCube and I think those games are better than their Wiiu equivalent.
>>
>>337572881
Add Amiibo Festival to that list. I wanted a real AC Wii U game.
>>
File: 1457253306748.png (254 KB, 1332x661) Image search: [Google]
1457253306748.png
254 KB, 1332x661
>Nintendo won't make a new F-Zero because they can't think of anything unique apart from online play
>Star Fox has no multiplayer mode so they can "innovate" hover drones and new aiming controls into a sub par 4 hour campaign

>Splatoon thrives off it's well done online play and becomes a star studded franchise
>Smash 4 online play is a hit and people are still playing on both 3DS and Wii U
>Mario Kart was a smashing success last generation and still is, online play thrived
>>
>>337590375
I read the post. Read the rest of mine. The part about games has nothing to do with my overall point.
>>
>>337588861
another thing is that some games could've easily been 10 of 10 if Nintendo didn't do something stupid

such as Mario 8 lacking a real battle mode and single player content

then look at Mario Kart DS which added a ton of shit that wasn't seen before while not removing shit that was major to the predessors

this just leads be to believe that Nintendo doesn't try as much as they used to
>>
>>337583314
>>
File: 1381456240856.jpg (84 KB, 368x368) Image search: [Google]
1381456240856.jpg
84 KB, 368x368
>>337588570
It's a very small list & based on Wikipedia's overall lists for thr Wii U & 3DS but here you go.

Wii U:
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Developed by Sega Sports Japan & Nintendo SPD) (Release date: June 24, 2016)

Everything else for Wii U developed by Nintendo is still TBA and even then there's only:
Zelda U/NX (Developed by Nintendo EPD)
Project Giant Robot (Developed by Nintendo EPD) for it.

3DS:
Puzzle & Dragons X (Developed by Nintendo) (JP Release date: July 28, 2016, Internationally is still TBA)
>>
>>337590539
oh shit, you're right

I misinterpreted your, my bad bruv

last I heard was that seperate brand is handling mobile, is that true?
>>
>>337573841
This is really showing how Nintendo's recently strategy of not showing early-versions of their games really bites them in the ass.

With Nintendo you often don't learn about games until a few months to a year before their release, which can be several years into their development.
But then whoops, highly negative reaction and you're in too deep to fix this.

We've seen fuck-all of the new Zelda which is really worrying.
>>
>>337590920
>>337590110
He never said other consoles were any better so I don't even know what point you're trying to make, he just said that the Wii U isn't great. I'm going to agree with him. If anything it just highlights what a truly awful generation this has been when something like the Wii U could be considered to have a stronger library than the rest when it's kind of a disaster that even Nintendo wants to bury and forget.
>>
>>337573841
They're obviously well awarre of the games' negative reception.

Federation Force has its ratings disabled.

They haven't even put up Color Splash's official trailer yet.
>>
>>337591243
No, Nintendo themselves are making the games. Dena is just handling some online shit.
>>
File: 81Okv4F0pSL._SX466_.jpg (59 KB, 466x415) Image search: [Google]
81Okv4F0pSL._SX466_.jpg
59 KB, 466x415
>first party is shit right now
>third party is better than ever

3DS is point right now. fuck the Wii U
>>
>>337572881
There are a number of reasons. First, the world's media has degenerated to the emotional maturity of 12 year olds. In this milieu of adolescence, it has become cool to shit on Nintendo.

Second, the kids who played NES when they were little are now in their 30s have careers, families and no time to buy the latest Nintendo console. Whereas for all previous Nintendo consoles they were still at an acceptable age.

Third, the average person does not know what the fuck a Wii U is.

Fourth, Nintendo is not leading the pack with innovation and killer titles like they used to, at least as they did during the NES to N64 era.

Fifth, Iwata was a caring guy, but he could not hold a candle to Yamauchi. Basically he was nervous, sentimental and made bad decisions. If OoT were in development during Iwatas reign he would have gotten spooked and released it early, as a sub par game, or rushed a successor to the n64. Yamauchi had conviction.

Sixth, the Wii U was inherently a bad concept. It's clear they thought they needed a gimick and the screen on the controller was only one they could come up with that had any merit, so they were forced to go with that. For some reason instead of saying, it's shit let's not do it, they said, it's shit but it's the only gimmick we have so let's pretend it is not shit.
>>
>>337591243
I have no idea, but I do know they're going to make fucking bank.

A few years ago a guy put a rom of Pokemon Yellow on the appstore and it shot to the top of the fucking charts in a matter of hours before being removed. That shows you how strong Nintendo's IPs are.
>>
>all the tards defending mobile

because it worked SO FUCKING WELL for Disney and Marvel
>>
>>337590871
>Nintendo won't make a new F-Zero because they can't think of anything unique apart from online play

your comparison is flawed. Smash and mario kart, even the lackluster releases, are multimillion sellers. Nintendo teamed up with sega and made the perfect f-zero game and it failed to break a million worldwide. They're not looking into something unique so much as they're trying to find some way to get people to actually buy the game, which will probably end up being captain falcon memery from smash.

and complaining about star fox having a 4 hour campaign is retarded
>>
>>337590110
>At least the wiiu wasn't a mass of mobas, fps games, and cinematic garbage
I wasn't trying to imply that the other consoles had less, but better games. I was trying to point out that the Wii U is nothing special compared to any previous Nintendo console. Hell, even the Wii had a more decent library compared to the Wii U. Even without the Wii's third party support, it still had an Animal Crossing game, an ambitious 3D Mario game with a sequel to boot, Xenoblade, Metroid Prime, an actual good Wario Ware game, Wario Land, Fire Emblem, Sin and Punishment, Punch Out, Rhythm Heaven, a DECENT Paper Mario game, etc..
>>
>>337591561
fuck

then again some ninty games could work well on mobile

such as nintendogs

this also goes with the prediction that NX will be a gaming tablet

which I think is a good thing
>>
>>337591672
>it has become cool to shit on Nintendo

There are just as many people who will jump to defend Nintendo, though.

There are people who treat them like a living person with feelings, and not a century old corporation that at the end of the day, is just trying to earn a profit.

Creating brand loyalty at a young age can do loopy things to people.

I agree with just about everything else, though.
>>
>>337591732
I don't see why they wont just do a low budget HD port remix with shit like online play added
>>
>>337587205
Ice climbers 3D platformer.
>>
>>337592292
hell many people are excited to play CoD4 with updated visuals and an active community again
>>
>>337592217
>There are just as many people who will jump to defend Nintendo, though.

I don't know if you've noticed their sales mang but that's pretty clearly not the case. Not anymore, at least.
>>
>>337582595
It's a shitty console with hardware comparable to the launch 360. You can argue it has the best exclusives, but even then minus Bayonetta 2, Mario Maker, and arguably W101, there isn't any actual depth to the exclusives it has access to.

Mix that with the fact that there were large periods of literally no games being put out for the thing, and Nintendo still refusing to enter the new age and introduce proper online or proper hardware, and you have a fanbase and a market that just doesn't give a shit. Hell by the time the NX does actually come out, the new more powerful PS4 model will already exist in about 10 million or more homes.
>>
they have given up.. they have literally given up and lost touch with everything
>>
File: YDmY93m.gif (2 MB, 456x372) Image search: [Google]
YDmY93m.gif
2 MB, 456x372
i could see them bowing out of being a platform holder but having enormous success in the mobile space

semi-related but the only Nintendo properties i've ever heard normies mention outside of niche internet enthusiast sites within the last 6 years are Smash Bros and mainline Pokemon

im curious where their brand would be without them
>>
>>337592635
The Wii U isn't the only thing they have anon
>>
>>337591556
>Federation Force has its ratings disabled.
This always cracks me up.
Looking forward to the reception of the next Color Trash trailer. I want another 5 minutes of Tanabe explaining why the game is great and you just don't get it.
>>
>>337592819
pretty much

the only reason anyone is still focusing on Nintendo is just wishful thinking

if Ninty fucks up the NX reveal that they are fucked
>>
>>337592635
There's a really ingrained core audience for the company. They're not the fickle Wii Sports, Wii Fit buying type, they're in it for the Marios, and the Zeldas, and probably most of the more niche stuff, too.

The problem is Nintendo seemingly doesn't want to treat them with much respect, but they are there, and they will defend the company.
>>
>>337591556
>They haven't even put up Color Splash's official trailer yet.
it didn't have an official trailer. It was just gameplay footage and Bill talking over it
>>
>>337591457
Here I'll spell it out for you.

My point was literally that none of the consoles were any better. I pretty much said this entire gen was pretty flat. Never said the wiiu was a amazing. Just said that I preferred the Wii because I don't play the listed genres.

Aka what you must said.
>>
>>337593063
can we get something to happen to Tanabe like something happen to Ali Rapp?
>>
>>337593236
Can we get him fired for moonlighting as a prostitute?

I doubt it.
>>
>>337593236
Unless Tanabe post pictures of himself in his underwear and publicly defends pedophiles, no
>>
>>337592386

After Kid Icarus UprisingI'd be willign to beleive a lot of Nintendo franchises could make a comeback.

But not Ice CLimbers. Only Smashtards give a fuck about those seal clubbing incest twins.
>>
>>337575887

Did we time travel back to 2015?

Where people were shitposting about Nintendo going mobile but it was just a giant advertisement stunt?

Miitomo isn't what people were shitposting about HURR NINTENDO IS SHOVING GAMES INTO MOBILE

So shut the fuck up
Talk to me when Nintendo goes full retard and does the stupid mobile shit Konami, Sega and Capcom do
>>
>>337593517
Miimoto isn't the only thing planned though.
>>
>>337593163
And there aren't that many of them compared to the people out there who don't like Nintendo. From everything I've seen, thinking Nintendo is uncool is a much more common mentality than people who want to defend them to the death, and their waning market space is pretty clear evidence of that.
>>
>>337589840
Didn't you say that about the WiiU as well?
>>
>>337572881
There's literally nothing wrong with Federation Force so far
A lot of you dorks have bizarre, entitlement issues. If there was typical Metroid coming out as well there'd be no criticism, you're all just upset because the game has Metroid in the title but no Samus.
>but where is my Wii U metroid?
>other M etc etc
Get over yourselves, lads. It looks like a grand game and loads of fun.

I dunno about Paper Mario, though. It looks entirely inoffensive and they literally just released a 3DS Mario RPG so I just don't understand the problem at all... But I also don't care about Paper Mario.
>>
>>337593516
>But not Ice CLimbers. Only Smashtards give a fuck about those seal clubbing incest twins.
Didn't you just contradict yourself? Who cared about Pit before Uprising? Captain N fans?
>>
>>337587205
kinda of a dumb question deus soo, we don't know shit so we don't know what so special about NX

I always wanted a card game for Wii U where you can hide a hand via assymetric screens
>>
File: 1460782474099.jpg (6 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
1460782474099.jpg
6 KB, 284x284
>>337572881
I don't support the games myself but I wonder if they're having a hard time making these games with how known it is people dislike them.
>>
>>337593689
It's not just about Samus. The entire aesthetic looks terrible, considering Prime Hunters came out over 10 years ago, and was able to ape the more general style of the series.

Gameplay-wise, it also just looks like a bog standard co-op shooter.
>>
>>337589291
>developed by Hal
I thought Hal Labs was dead?
>>
>>337573841

This

People also forget that the director flat out said that making a new game would be on NX because he's planning to set up set pieces for Metroid.

Fed force is giving Feds character development, and it's going to follow up in a future
>>
>>337593689
It looks like a shittier version of Evolve with or without the Metroid name. It deserves the shit it gets and no one is going to buy it.
>>
>>337593771

>Who cared about Pit before Uprising?

Sakurai.
>>
>>337593517
You know they announced Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem mobile games, right?
>>
>>337593771

Are we forgetting that Pit was supposed to be in Melee but was excluded due to time constraints?

Or that Factor 5 was developing a Kid Icarus reboot before Uprising came about?

Nintendo cared but there were stumbles before what we got came about.
>>
They got to a point where they couldn't figure out how to strike a balance between doing the same shit every sequel and doing something completely new that throws out everything people liked about the game before it.
>>
>>337594351

>I didn't like Star Fox Zero

fixed
>>
>>337594449
Haven't played it yet, sorry
>>
File: 1307086931349.jpg (32 KB, 387x302) Image search: [Google]
1307086931349.jpg
32 KB, 387x302
>>337594110
>>
>>337594351

insert that Courage The Cowardly Dog copypasta about "Zelda fans" not knowing what the fuck they want here
>>
>>337594325
>Or that Factor 5 was developing a Kid Icarus reboot before Uprising came about?
but still, that was only after Brawl

I was pointing out how it was Smash that made people want to see another KI game just as it's Smash that's making people ask for an IC revival
>>
>>337589985
Just like everyone should listen to you?
>>
File: 1412032180412.jpg (995 KB, 1537x1956) Image search: [Google]
1412032180412.jpg
995 KB, 1537x1956
>>337572881
>Autistic fans now have better ideas for Paper Mario than Nintendo does
>>
File: 1457206828544.jpg (1 MB, 1347x1381) Image search: [Google]
1457206828544.jpg
1 MB, 1347x1381
>>337593689
People, including myself are against Paper Mario since it's apparent it's another Sticker Star & that game wasn't received well by a lot of fans. Here are some issues of Sticker Star if you feel like reading it.
>they literally just released a 3DS Mario RPG
The Mario & Luigi RPG games are great and all but both series don't exactly have the same fanbases since both games are a lot more different than they seem from aesthetic, characters and even gameplay beyond action-commands.
>>
File: old gen pokemon vs new.png (383 KB, 1097x771) Image search: [Google]
old gen pokemon vs new.png
383 KB, 1097x771
they got lazy, plain and simple. the success of wii sports/fit/play/party compared to their other titles literally broke them and convinced them that the more effort they put in a game won't create larger sales.
>>
>>337580884
>Nintendo 64 and GameCube games are still fucking amazing
>Wii and Wii U games not made by Platinum are garbage

I'm still a manchild and neo-Nintendo fucking sucks.
>>
>>337594831
this kind of shit is full blown autism from people who can't articulate the valid criticisms they have beneath the surface
>>
>>337594831
In retrospect the Wii was the worst thing to ever happen to Nintendo.
>>
>>337594831
>talking shit about my nigga pangoro
I will kill you until you die
>>
>>337594831
Not to defend current Nintendo but those designs are about on-par with each other.
>>
>>337594983
For us maybe, not for Nintendo.
>>
>>337593689
I'm sure there would be far less complaints about FF if there were a proper Metroid alongside it, a lot of the complaining really is just about the current state of the franchise rather than this particular game, but even in this hypothetical scenario I don't think anyone would LIKE FF.

It might get a more fair analysis, but I think the outcome would simply be it being seen as that weird thing that's also happening that people would forget about easily because it plain doesn't look very fun. I don't get where you're coming from with this idea of it looking like a "grand" game.

>they literally just released a 3DS Mario RPG

Not only is M&L a very different series from Paper Mario, but the last M&L also suffered from getting the NSMB treatment so it's simply looking more and more like Nintendo is trying to shut down any and all creativity in the Mario franchise.
>>
>>337594660
That's literally TTYD. It's even got the crystal stars
>>
File: 1459009821404.gif (968 KB, 500x295) Image search: [Google]
1459009821404.gif
968 KB, 500x295
>>337594831

talking shit about my nigga Pangoro will you? I bet you're one of those cucks that think the Aloha starter areworst starters to date.
>>
File: img.jpg (25 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
25 KB, 300x225
>>337578538
>not even 1% found it interesting
Look, it may not be the best in the series, but Super had a great story, and I still see it praised all the time. How the fuck did they come up with that figure?
>>
>>337595115
For Nintendo, too. If it weren't for the Wii, they wouldn't have been so utterly blinded by casual cash that they would run head first off of a cliff in a wild attempt to continue chasing it, which is basically what the Wii U is.

It's like they get that the Wii was a success but have no idea why, as if it were just a wild fluke for them that happened by accident, and now their attempts at recreating it are just totally slapdash and nonsensical, only managing to grasp the basic, surface level ideas behind the Wii and DS and none of the other, very important details.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlgpQ3MoGqk

Some of the first real gameplay we saw of Federation Force was a group of fuckheads rolling balls around.

I mean I don't know how anyone could look at this and think it's going to be anything more than mediocre.
>>
>>337589985

someone's anal pained

most kids don't have nintendo consoles, they have phones. This is objectively true.
>>
>>337593986
It looks perfectly fine, aesthetically. It's not going to be the Alien homage-fest that Metroid always has been, it's to show the rest of the world of the Metroid Universe and the friendlier aesthetics might bring new eyes to the series (since Metroid is the worst selling major Nintendo IP).

>>337594072
>it looks like
You've barely seen any of it

>>337594803
I actually remember hearing some of that before. I'll concede on that.

>>337595271
>where you're coming from with this idea of it looking like a "grand" game.
Oh, sorry, I'm Irish and tired, forgot to turn my accent off. "Grand" means "decent enough, sort of alright" over here, colloquially. FF definitely won't be some amazing game, but it could run as an advertising campaign for the Metroid series. To me, it looks a lot like Triforce Heroes; it looks ok, probably sucks as a single-player game and I'll end up buying it and never finishing it... But it won't be bad, it'll be fine.

>it's simply looking more and more like Nintendo is trying to shut down any and all creativity in the Mario franchise
I can see that too, to be honest. I finally warmed back up to Mario after having complete disinterest in the franchise and all of a sudden I don't want to play it anyway since it looks a bit crap.
>>
>>337594831
>the more effort they put in a game won't create larger sales.

prove them wrong

you can't
>>
>>337595803
That's not the fault of the Wii, it's the fault of a bunch of old farts who are out of touch with the modern market.
>>
File: 1317058660582.jpg (24 KB, 170x236) Image search: [Google]
1317058660582.jpg
24 KB, 170x236
>>337572881
Went to absolute shit, just like every single 'big' video game company these days.

There quite literally isn't a safe haven of good big game companies anymore.
>>
Reminder that Kimishima knew the Wii U was going to fail from the beginning
>>
>>337595913
>It looks perfectly fine, aesthetically

Prime Hunters was a visual showcase of some of the best of what the original DS had to offer. It was the first original game (i.e. not a Mario 64 port) that displayed what the console could do.

Federation Force barely looks like an advancement of the visuals, despite 10 years passing. Worse, it went for the standard 3DS cop-out of going for a chibi super deformed aesthetic, because it hides the lack of detail behind a veil of "style".

You're also completely wrong about "barely seeing anything of it". We have close to an hour of footage from various missions. Look here. >>337595845

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VEuxCvpka8

But there's also this.

We have a good handle of what the game is, and it's not groundbreaking.
>>
>>337594831
>that awful coloring on ursaring

did they literally get a 20% opacity brush and fuck around until the lighting was somewhat recognizable? Pangoro ain't much better, either. What happened to the beautiful watercolor concepts from gen 1?
>>
>>337596280
Also, it should be noted that Federation Force is aiming for a T rating, just like most of the main Metroid games before it. It's not seeking a younger audience.
>>
>>337595551
There a problem? That game was dope.
>>
>>337595640
Who the fuck pays attention to Club Nintendo polls anyways?
>>
>>337596235
reminder that the leading men behind Nintendo's two biggest failures, the Virtual Boy and the WiiU, are both dead.

Who else will Kimishima remove before his cover is blown?
>>
>>337596508
>It's not seeking a younger audience.
It obviously is, regardless of the rating.
>>
>>337595913
>You've barely seen any of it

There was extensive gameplay footage back in 2015 during the stream following E3, and we had more recent footage from Gamexplain. There's plenty of footage to watch and none of it looks especially interesting.

>But it won't be bad, it'll be fine.

I can't imagine it being terrible, and certainly not an Other M scale disaster like Metroid fans like to make it out to be, but I still have my doubts it will be fun enough to be worth a purchase.
>>
>>337596669
That's why they call him Tatsumi Hiroshima
>>
>>337572881
Nothing. I really enjoyed the last Paper Mario game. It's the only one I've ever liked. And Federation Force looks great.
>>
>>337596673
Look at the footage that's been presented so far. Nothing about the story or anything overall about it comes off as being aimed at younger kids, other than the absurdly bizarre choice of having the super deformed visuals for the characters.

It's just another case of developers not aiming to push the hardware, and instead went for simplistic designs under the guise of it being a stylistic choice.

I mean we've all seen it, right? Look at the countless "chibi" games the 3DS has, but meanwhile, it can have visually improved versions of OoT and Majora's Mask running just fine.
>>
>>337572881
They think kids actually still buy their products, meanwhile 10 year old Timmy is getting CoD and Minecraft from his mommy on ps4. Meanwhile, autistic weebs are the ones buying amiibos
>>
>>337588648

>You don't give a fuck about profit
>Nintendo is a business
>Nintendo gives a fuck about profit

Grow up faggot. Nintendo doesn't give a fuck about what you think.
>>
>>337597021
was kid icarus uprising pre-rendered or something? Because that game was downright gorgeous and could compete toe to toe with some gamecube titles
>>
Nintendo 20 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0LgvZm8DP0

Nintendo now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_cXEgUCs9c

They treat kids like retards now. No wonder they don't give a fuck about Nintendo anymore.
>>
>>337572881
They're doing the same thing they've always done, experimenting with IPs. Sure not all experiments turn out good but there are times when they come out alright.
>>
>>337583314
But /v/ tells me all the time that I didn't so shouldn't I love this game?
>>
>>337596304
its just concept art from fire red and leaf green
>>
>>337596280
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VEuxCvpka8

Look at this footage. A couple of people fucking stumbling around a boring looking factory, killing some trash mobs, and then they fight a "boss", that's basically just a fucking bullet sponge.

Also, look how cumbersome and in the way those models are. They're constantly knocking into each other as they go through hallways.
>>
>>337598426
They already experimented with Paper Mario, and people hated it.
Now they are making another game like that for absolutely no reason.
>>
>>337598728
Hey I never said they know when to stop. Also I think Japan liked it.
>>
>>337598728
They experimented with Paper Mario, it sold far more than ever before, and now they want to continue with the successful direction
>>
File: 1457044407345.png (1 MB, 1912x1276) Image search: [Google]
1457044407345.png
1 MB, 1912x1276
>>337593063
I loved that the FedForce part in the Direct was nothing more than damage control. So good.
>>
>>337598426
Paper Mario is technically "experimenting", in that it's doing someone previous Paper Mario games didn't, but in reality, it's just taking more design philosophies from the platformer games, so it manages to be different but also more stale than any of the previous games. It's changing things up but doing so in the most safe way possible.

FF just seems like the result of no one being around to make a proper Metroid game and this was the best they could put together given the circumstances.
>>
>>337599057
>They experimented with Paper Mario, it sold far more than ever before
It was called Super Paper Mario, and it got no sequel.
Sticker Star sold like TTYD on a platform with 3 times the installbase and after going to the bargain bin, and it's getting a sequel.
>>
>>337597558
stop being an illiterate inbred, nerd
>>
>>337599057
Actually Super Paper Mario sold the most and that experimented arguably even more and they didn't do it. Also with including the install base TTYD did the best.
>>
>>337588029
>not "Wii gave up"
>>
>>337582595
Wii was announced about a year before it came out and when we knew the thing was announced, Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Twilight Princess, and a bunch of other games were on the way. Wii U was announced almost 3 years before it dropped, and no games were announced before it. Also, we never got a true Zelda on Wii U.
Basically, Wii U failed because not only was it marketed like shit, had long droughts, but also had a fucking awful pre-launch.
>>
>>337578538
>allies among the Super Mario characters
>only Toads
What about Yoshis, Pinatas, and Lumas?
>>
>>337599080
Everything I've seen about this game since the launch trailer has been damage control.

Even the latest gameplay footage ends with a tease at Samus showing up. Like they're saying "look! look! We've got her! Buy the game, please!"
>>
>>337572881
They shifted all their resources to NX.
Color Splash looks great though.
>>
>>337573841
>the assumption that Other M would be good
>Other M gets an 80% rating and sells 500k copies.

>There are people still trying to push that Other M wasn't a worthwhile successor to Super Metroid.
>>
>>337600246
I think we all know by now that when Nintendo refers to "Mario" they just means "NSMB"

Yoshis are just for riding, not talking. Piantas and Lumas don't exist because they aren't in NSMB.
>>
>>337575887
It's OK when Sony does it.
>>
>>337600301
Hopefully after the disaster that these games sales will be, this retard will lose some power inside Nintendo.
>>
>>337572881
Tanabe happened to nintendo.
Both of those games. Entirely his fault. Same with Sticker star and Other M.
>>
File: thur.jpg (60 KB, 261x236) Image search: [Google]
thur.jpg
60 KB, 261x236
>>337600841
>Tanabe
>Other M
>>
SonyDrones find it harder and harder to resist the allure of Nintendo games, and have to make up more and more desperate ideas that they can spin into reasons as to why to HATE, not just ignore, Nintendo consoles and games.

It's the Dreamcast situation all over again.

As soon as the system and games are no longer on shelves, people will start going "Oh, it was a good system, it's too bad they had to kill off this feature/series, it really did a lot of things better than others of its time. And the online was free, too, such a pity that other companies' greed won out and now you have to pay 100 dollars per month just to look at the online storefront"
>>
File: 1426796275295.png (78 KB, 500x264) Image search: [Google]
1426796275295.png
78 KB, 500x264
>>337600841
You know, while Tanabe deserves the flack he's getting why hasn't anyone mentioned Naohiko Aoyama & Taro Kudo? While it's a team effort to fuck up a game Aoyama was the Director & Kudo was the Co-Director (and scenario designer) for Sticker Star (and most likely Color Splash).
>>
>>337601603
Tanabe is basically just taking full responsibility for these things because he's the one Nintendo gets to step up and talk about them. No one even knows who the rest of the team is because they stay silent and in the background for the most part. Hell, Tanabe is just a producer. There's no telling how much creative power he actually has on these projects, but Nintendo needs just one guy to step up and say "this is the guy responsible for this, direct all questions to him" because it's just easier.

Seems to happen a lot. Aonuma didn't direct Skyward Sword but you can bet most people will blame him for it because he's the Zelda guy. Inafune basically coasted his entire career on the idea of him as the Mega Man guy despite hardly having anything to do with the development of the series.
>>
>>337581440
http://mynintendonews.com/2015/06/30/nintendo-says-it-has-no-problems-transforming-beloved-franchises-despite-fans-outcry
>>
>>337602437
To be fair it looks like within Nintendo producers are the ones that hold most power. You always hear them saying how they are the ones pushing their vision of the game, even if they aren't the directors.
>>
>>337592386
No.
Let's not go that route.
>>
File: 1457291761999.jpg (81 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
1457291761999.jpg
81 KB, 500x534
>>337603953
>>
>>337594831
I didn't know Nintendo had a hand in Pokemon. Wonderful, unbiased picture.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.