[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why only japan can make black likable characters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: zackhappy.jpg (28 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
zackhappy.jpg
28 KB, 530x298
Why only japan can make black likable characters?
>>
File: Jonah_Orion.jpg (12 KB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
Jonah_Orion.jpg
12 KB, 207x207
>>337566279
Nah
>>
Because they're not exposed to real blacks on daily basis.
>>
>>337566381
The cold hard truth
>>
>>337566279

Can't really comment on this guy but maybe because they don't have the fear of being labeled racist when making a character.

They simply don't care about diversity quotas and other shit like that.
>>
>>337566279

Because the japs don't realize that all blacks are also niggers.
>>
File: Codex_David_Anderson.png (146 KB, 512x256) Image search: [Google]
Codex_David_Anderson.png
146 KB, 512x256
>>337566279
I don't know Colonel David Anderson was pretty awesome, though I don't know that's like a small good thing in the whole of the terribleness of Mass Effect

However I will not deny the suave and amazing Zack
>>
>>337566279
don't really like Zack, I tough that CJ and most of the black character from GTA SA were likable
>>
>>337566594
They really don't, the Japanese culture, in most nature is all about making a good game for their target audience, Japan.
This means they don't care about representation like the Western audience does and they concentrate on what they think their target audience wants, maybe specific game play types, cheesecake, or even genre types
>>
I heard British black people are actually pretty bro but black people in America can't even speak actual English.
>>
File: overwatch Lucio.jpg (196 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
overwatch Lucio.jpg
196 KB, 1920x1080
No love for the groove master Lucio, I loved playing him in the Overwatch Beta.
I would have to say he's pretty cool, but hey I'm sure a good chunk of /v/ probably hates him too
>>
>>337567176
Depends on where you live. Same thing can be said about white people.
I lived in the north west for most of my life and black people albit a bit rarer than the rest of the country are usually pretty easy to get along with.
>>
Because 99% of Japanese people have never met a real black person
>>
File: vamp930b2f.jpg (69 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
vamp930b2f.jpg
69 KB, 640x480
>>337566279
Lies.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.