[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you truly feel about Dark Souls II?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85
File: Dark Souls - Aldia.jpg (77 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls - Aldia.jpg
77 KB, 480x270
How do you truly feel about Dark Souls II?
>>
>>337565309
Played it more than DaS3 that's for sure
>>
>>337565309
I feel its a truly shitty game and its existence baffles me.
>>
>>337565309
Better than DaS1.
>>
>>337565309
trash
>>
>>337565309
It doesn't exist.
>>
Hated it at first, now I love it. Will probably go back for one thing and one thing only.

>being summoned to defend the lookin ge glass knight
>>
>>337565309

I think the people who think Dark Souls is that difficult are really too young to have played anything else.
>>
>>337565309

Better than 1 and 3

slower, more precise combat
more weapons and armors
more optional bosses
more shit to do
better coop than in 1 albeit too easy if summoning 3 phantoms
shitty spin to win enemies killed it a bit for me but after playing 3 it feels not as insane

dark souls should have stopped after artorias of the abyss
>>
File: 1406273820916.jpg (48 KB, 417x510) Image search: [Google]
1406273820916.jpg
48 KB, 417x510
>>337565309
Great game, improved a lot over Dark Souls 1. It's a real shame the fanbase sperged out so hard over it, a lot of the improvements were left out of ds3 because of it.
>>
Best weapons and armours. Best PVP scene with most build variety. Hitboxes weren't great here and there. Some of the areas were a bit too linear but not really terrible. It was not a trash game like the meme spouting people of /v/ go on about.
>>
>>337566641
This.
>>
Its alright.
>>
Never played it, but any list I see on /v/, DS2 is always at the bottom. Guaranteed.
>>
WHAT THE FUCK DO I FOUND AGAINST ALDRICHS ARROW ATTACK
>>
>>337567708

Die like a bitch
>>
>>337567708
Move out of the way of the arrows.
>>
Steaming pile of shit.
After bloodborne and dark souls 3 it feels like a knockoff of the souls series.
>>
>>337567471
Post the one where the both the lady and the pursuer are hiding from Fume
>>
>>337565309
Horrendous pace
Decent level design
Decent boss fights, easier than previous games but on average higher quality too
Second best armor set in the series (DeS included)
Second best if not the best dragon fight in the series

About 7/10 I'd say
>>
Ugliest of the games. Horrible enemy placement and world design. Only some mechanical improvments over 1.

It's an alright game but not as good as 1, haven't played 3 yet.
>>
>>337567708
spring behind him as soon as u see him cast
>>
>>337565309
Sotfs>3>BB>1>2>Des
>>
I quit playing it after they ruined soul geyser
>>
>>337567708
Stay close to him, use fire.
>>
>>337565309
Indifference. Played it, beat it, don't think i'll play it again any time soon. I'd rather play 1 or 3 desu
>>
>>337568190
DeS = DaS 1 > DaS3 > DaS2

Ok?
>>
>>337565309
Its hard for all the wrong reasons
>>
>>337568253
No.

BB = DaS 3 > DaS = DeS > DaS 2
>>
>>337568325
Cant rank BB because I'm not buying a ps4 for a single game but DaS3 is in no way above DeS t b h
>>
>>337565309
The weakest link in a thick chain.

I miss much about it that's not in 3, but I miss less than I'm glad thats gone.
>>
>>337568273
Like what?
>>
>>337568095
3 is somehow worse with put a bunch of dudes in a room. Some placements are more clever but sometimes it felt like the game was trying not to offend me by trying nothing new. Also shit armor/weapon variety. The straight swords in 2 nearly all felt different for instance while 3 only a couple are different. The move-sets are bland as hell.
>>
Better after seeing the blandness of DaS3 and how easy DaS3 is compared to all other games before.
>>
Tried to play DS but just kept dying on the second boss.
Just stopped playing and decided I don't like artifical difficulty
>>
SMB3 > DaS > FFX > DaS2

Hopefully that clears everything up
>>
>>337565309
Shit. Is the reason I did not buy or play das3.
>>
>>337568368
People only bought playstations for Demons Souls, can't see no reason why you wouldn't for BB.

It's not like there isn't used Consoles and Games.

You shouldn't be even allowed in all Souls threads if you havent played every game at least one time. you aren't qualified anon.

Leave now.
>>
>>337568440
This is a slippery slope because once people claim it the defense force comes out of the woods but to me its the pace of the game. If you're used to the previous games you're used to there being a fair balance between exploration/combat as you progress to the boss. You jump in DaS2 expecting the same but SURPRISE! every single corner of the game is combat! combat! combat!

People say they take issue with the enemy placement but truth be told there isn't any, they're just fucking everywhere
>>
>>337568474

Just level grind, and maybe try being a spellcaster. The game can be played like a semi grindy RPG.
>>
>>337568474
Demon's souls?
Dark souls?
Are we even talking about dark souls or did you start with a sequel?

Well whatever this shit is bait anyways, artificial difficulty is a call sign for behind the time baiters.
>>
File: great job pal.jpg (2 MB, 1524x1353) Image search: [Google]
great job pal.jpg
2 MB, 1524x1353
>>337565309
very fun game, put 150+ hours into it, equalling DS1.

very fun exploration, though the levels, fun as they are to wander around, make for pretty bad gameplay. helped by SOFTIES rearranging enemies, sort of.

perfect PVP -- so many PVP covenants, so many rewards, lots of things to strive towards. and it's fun stuff; you have fists, fisticuffs, the usual str+dex lineup, legit wizardry, do whatever you want, it fuckin works. at least 3 arenas for inter- and intra-covenant fights, fun unofficial arenas, the works.

DLC was all really fun and the zones were incredible (eleum loyce ! !) with really good bosses (ivory king, raime, alonne, slifer the died dragon).

coop was legit and small soapy stones were a real neat way to get quick refills on your OJ, humanity wasn't something ultra rare or otherwise annoyingly farmy (as in DS1), nor was it fucking everywhere (as in DS3), it was there sometimes and it was nice.

weapon degradation meant something, and i frequently had my weapons shatter early on. it was something to keep track of, and encouraged you to focus on several weapons rather than just club+10 for the game. it was not totally nonexistent like it was in 1+3 and i appreciated that.

it also had a godly selection of armours, you could fashion up anything with anything else and it was fully legit. 1 was about the toughest armours for me, and 3 is a laughing stock.

cool things:
- ADP
- giant seeds
- POWER STANCE BABY
- putting fists on the map
- incredible covenants
- environment interaction (pharros, yores)

bad things:
- huge divergence from the set style
- ADP. maybe. i appreciate that they turned rolling into something more complex and variable, i'm just not sure if this was the way to do it. rolling is imba as FUCK (especially in 3 where you can do it endlessly) and i think having it tied to a skill is a testament to how strong it is.

awful, disgusting, abhorrent, inexcusable things:
- SOUL MEMORY
- ?

probably more i forgot, been a while.
>>
DaS2 threads are always fucking shit
>>
>>337568562
Kek. Not only will I not buy a ps4 until Ni-oh and the last guardian are released, but I only ever played every single souls game ONCE before discarding it. I will still hold my opinion as true and above yours :)

Also truth be told it feels like a lot of you are trying to discredit DeS because its not on ps4 (and it never will be), and we all know ps4 exclusivists jumped ship from the 360 :)

And yeah I'm not even buying it used for ~30 hours of gameplay tbhfam
>>
>>337565309
the same way i feel about all the souls game.

mad that they killed armored core.
>>
>>337565309
It had lots of interesting ideas, concepts, mechanics and secrets which were all decent improvements upon the foundation laid by DS1 and DeS.

Sure they weren't all implemented too well and it looked like ass in areas, but if you're not a small minded Matthewmatosis fanboy, it's actually alright.

It's funny really, when compared to 3, 2 does a lot more stuff and actually tried to be different. 3 is just a watered down extremely linear version of 1.
>>
>>337568595
I don't like grinding.
Another reason I stopped playing FFXII after 23 hours enemies just started to fuck my shit up with one hit.
I am a quitter.
>>
>>337568595
Never recomend spell casting for DaS 3 though. pyromancies allright due to low stat requirement for the heavy hitters, but god help you early game for pure sorcery.
>>
>>337565309
>Ascetics, not to respawn enemies but to respawn bosses
>Able to use a weapons full moveset in the left hand
>Powerstance
>Upgrading shields actually improved their stats, not just the stability
>Depleting your stamina caused your character to breathe heavily
>You didn't lose your momentum from falling down 2 feet
>Poise wasn't as retarded as in 1 or as useless as in 3
>Really fun NPC invaders where they didn't act like just another enemy
>Interacting with the environment unlocked secrets, like lighting all the scones in The Gutter
>Other secrets like the pig and the pickaxe
>Pharros Lockstones and Fragrant Branches to manipulate the environment
>Getting wet reduced your characters lightning resistance while boosting your fire resistance
>NG+ didn't just increase enemy HP and damage, it added new enemies and items
>rolling in poison pools made your poison build up continue even on dry land because you were still covered in it
>rolling in snow/poison/water covered you in it, and it slowly disappeared
>You could activate several pools of blood at once, resulting in hilarity
>You could be invaded even if you were hollow and if the boss was dead, but at a lower chance
>You could burn an effigy to block invaders, but as a result you blocked summons as well
>Poison builds were not only viable, they were useful
>You could roll in more directions when locked on
>Hexes were fleshed out
>White phantoms couldn't Estus with an invader in the world
>Small soapstones if you wanted help with the area before a boss, without having to Black Crystal to solo the boss

turns out it's pretty good
>>
>>337568386
Meh.

Having been a huge fan of the "Souls" series, it's pretty obvious that as a series there's no single weak link.

All 4 games have their problems, the only thing wrong with DaS2 is that it has a few "cheap" areas and enemies.

DeS is too easy and hasn't really stood the test of time.

DaS1 doesn't have consistent quality, the last act kinda falls apart and the enemy A.I. is just brainless in most cases.

DaS2 improves a lot of the mechanics from 1, but falls flat in a lot of other places, like plot presentation, enemy design, and an inconsistent world.

DaS3 has balancing issues everywhere, roll spam and free Estus refills make shit too easy, PvP is a shitfest atm imo.

Now that the series has ended, and I've gone back and played through all four since DaS3 was released, I can say that I like the games a lot, but I don't really see any single one as better or worse than the other.
>>
>>337568736
>enemies just started to fuck my shit up with one hit
FF 12 is the legit the only ff I'm aware you can turn on a tv and randomly move the joystick for XP due to gambits.

Like the game plays itself if you can into logical text order.
>>
>>337568746

At least you can still cheese most enemies by attacking from a distance.
>>
>>337568625
The artificial difficulty was bait but everything else was true.
I played DaS, I decided I was going to clear the game because lately I've been dropping every game I've tried.
>defeat the first boss easy
>oh yeah im good at this
>reach the second boss
>just kept dying
>have to restart from the bonfire
>get mad
It just was not for me.
>>
>>337568928
Sorry I fucked up. FFXIII not FFXII
>>
File: LR2.png (447 KB, 500x627) Image search: [Google]
LR2.png
447 KB, 500x627
>>337565309
Awful hitboxes. This game literally unplayable after DSIII.
>>
>>337568935
It varies, sorceries hardest problem early game is its slow casting times. Foes can quickly gang rush you and punish you for trying to try and cast a spell from a distance.

Typically it's something like this
>area you can pull mobs one at a time
Easier for sorcery
>area where pulling is hard and gang attacks happen
Harder for sorcery
>Slow boss
Easy time for sorcery
>Fast wide swing boss
Fuck up my wizard shit difficult

This of course stops being a problem when you've bumped at least 50 points into int and get soul spear or crystal soul spear.
>>
>>337568928
There was one boss that spawned smaller enemies. I set up a gambit system to only attack the small enemies. Had my healing and shields set up and shit. Left the game running overnight and came back nearly max level.
>>
>>337568893
Well overall I liked 2, but the biggest problem for me came down to soul memory.

I die a LOT in my runs in dark souls due to the fact that I just kinda rush everything.

Great news for me since I was half the lvl of everyother fagget in my SL bracket.

On the other end I do miss the weapon and magic variety. DaS3 is missing a lot of fun weapons.
>>
>>337569659
DaS3 is missing a lot of fun in general.
>>
>>337569659
>DaS3 is missing a lot of fun weapons.
I really feel like, despite DaS3 looking beautiful, it feels really phoned in. Everything from the story, to the setting, to the combat. It's like they just pulled together a bunch of BB assets that they didn't use, threw them with some unused DaS ideas, and then brought back some stuff from DaS1, then called it a day.
>>
>>337570098

This.

I'm just rolling my eyes the entire time. Whoop de doo, patches is back with a carbon copy of his previous antics, how swell.
>>
File: 1461894726260.jpg (82 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1461894726260.jpg
82 KB, 960x960
>>337570240
fuk u
>>
>>337569786
Well in 3 at least i'm having fun as in the mound makers there's a a few thing I'd change about the convent to make it "perfect" for me, but I do enjoy the idea of invading and turning into a friendly invader to help the host.

I wish something similar to arenas and the rat king covenant made a comeback though.
>>
>>337570240
>I'm just rolling my eyes the entire time

Your fault for expecting more in such a frivolous medium.
>>
>>337568718
they're going to make another armored core game after they wrap up DS3
>>
>>337569786
Should I get DaS3? I was planning on getting a PS4 soon so I was gonna pick it up, but i'm kinda disliking what i'm seeing, and there seems to be a bunch of problems atm, but I won't really know for sure unless I play it.
>>
>>337570736
Wait for the inevitable prepare to die edition and final patches
>>
>>337570736
Best thing is to wait for the DLC, because till then they might fix all the balance issues.
>>
>>337565309
It was fun. but definitely worse than the other ones. There were some good design decisions that in the end didn't outweigh the bad ones.
>>
>>337570736
If you're unsure you're more likely to not like it. Just wait for a complete edition to come out. less money, and a longer gap will have passed since previous soul games you've played freshening the experience.
>>
>>337570519

So because it's an action rpg, or a souls game or whatever, it can't do anything new? Just millions of castles, another duke's archives and another anor londo, and recycle all the characters and events?

Freakin Majora's Mask has less to do with OoT than DaS3 does to DaS1, seriously. And they just cut-and-pasted all their old character models.
>>
>>337565309
It has the best PvP of all the games. The game was fun enough for me to beat it 5 times.
>>
>>337568627
Did you find a list of everything bad about the game and invert it for this post?
>>
>>337565309
I had more fun with it than 3

Not saying it's better but I had a lot more fun with it
>>
>>337571847
I'm surprised there hasn't been a food analogy yet.
>>
File: DS394.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DS394.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Here's a list of why dark souls 3 is massively better than darks souls 2

>Bosses have much larger movesets, and are more versatile in both multiphase mechanics, and utilise 360 degree movesets without resorting to spin2win tracking and broken hitboxes
>boss themes are both much more memorable and unique from one another, much more suited to the bosses atmospherically, and transition thematically as boss phases progress
>bosses all feel mechanically unique from one another in dark souls 3
>weapon arts
>a world design that visually makes sense in a genuinely rewarding way, you realise as you go to the top of farrons keep that you are on the same broken bridge that undead settlement has, you realise irithyll is in clear view when you are in undead settlement/high wall later, you can see the undead settlement towers from irithyll, you can see irithyll from smouldering lake
>whereas in dark souls 2 the vistas made little to no sense and world design was all over the place
>area design in 3 is both large and sprawling, with tons of shortcuts in ways that feel non-linear and open to further exploration, whereas in dark souls 2 areas were incredibly linear with very shit off-paths
>areas in 3 are visually much more spectacular, entering irithyll, entering archdragon peak, seeing the darksign sun from atop the grandarchives, seeing smouldering lake, entering pontiff sulayvahn's room, the work is so much more realised
>enemy and encounter design is both much more intelligent and versatile than dark souls 2, while also having better minibosses and much better justification for the habitation of enemies in their areas
>>
>>337572163
You have fun with your >better game

I'll go have fun with my fun game
>>
File: Masterclass.jpg (280 KB, 1422x800) Image search: [Google]
Masterclass.jpg
280 KB, 1422x800
>>337572163

>the story/lore in dark souls 3 is a continuous progression throughout the game to retrieve the souls of cinder, the first act concerning the progression to the abyss watchers, the second focussing on yhorm and aldrich, while the third is the progression through lothric castle to get the twin princes soul to retrieve the flame. This gives the player a constant motivator throughout the game, and also actually serves a purpose made very clear, the flame needs to be relit, while also offering the subplot to develop as you explore the world.
>In dark souls 2 the main plot was a shambles, it was not presented clearly to the player and it was strung together incredibly poorly, "collect lord souls because for some reason or whatever you have to or something, so you can go get a ring from a guy to get a heart to get a kinship" it's nonsensical and pulled together so incredibly poorly, I can see absolutely no defence.
>That's not to say dark souls 2's subplots aren't somewhat decent sometimes, but the world feels a lot less engaging when it's presented so awfully
>Dark Souls 2's hitboxes are awful, wheras dark souls 3 has incredibly good ones
>dark souls 2's weapons were even more bland than dark souls 3 overall, with more weapons sharing similar movesets, and the abandonment of some of the actually good dark souls 1 unique feeling weapons

Overall, if you ever wanted a perfect example of quality over quantity, you needn't look further than Dark souls 3 to dark souls 2.
>>
>>337572242
DaS3's story barely makes sense.

>Awaken and rekindle the flame, these other guys didn't do it! The whole world is dying go light the flame, QUICK!
>Choose not to light it like everyone else.
>Oh well, I guess it's not that but a deal.

DaS2's story is simple.
>You lose everything and become undead.
>You want to not be undead and go back to what you had.
>You take the long shot and go to Drangleic.
>Everyone tells you that you need souls to keep from going Hollow.
>Emerald Herald says to get the Lord Souls.
>Aldia tells you that there's another way and you can choose your own path where all others have failed.
>>
File: 1462713569121.png (372 KB, 699x773) Image search: [Google]
1462713569121.png
372 KB, 699x773
>>337568815
Hey, that's my list. It's pasta now?

I have added a few points to it

>Ascetics to respawn bosses
>Able to use a weapons full moveset in the left hand
>Powerstance
>Upgrading shields improved their stats, not just the stability
>Depleting your stamina caused your character to breathe heavily
>You didn't lose your momentum from falling down 2 feet
>Poise wasn't as retarded as in 1 or as useless as in 3
>Fun NPC invaders that didn't act like just another enemy
>Interacting with the environment unlocked secrets, like lighting all the scones in The Gutter
>Other secrets like the pig and pickaxe
>Lockstones and Fragrant Branches manipulated the environment
>Getting wet reduced your characters lightning RES while boosting your fire RES
>NG+ added new enemies and items
>rolling in poison made your poison build up continue even on dry land because you were still covered in it
>rolling in snow/poison/water covered you in it and it slowly disappeared
>You could activate several pools of blood at once, resulting in hilarity
>You could be invaded even while hollow and if the boss was dead, but at a lower chance
>You could burn an effigy to block invaders, but you blocked summons as well
>Poison builds were not only viable, they were useful
>You could roll in more directions when locked on
>Hexes were fleshed out
>White phantoms couldn't Estus with an invader in the world
>Small soapstones if you wanted help with the area before a boss, without having to BC to solo the boss
>Drinking Estus in a fight was a gamble thanks to the slow speed
>Twinblades
>Lances
>Fists were viable
>Corrosive urns, so you didn't need pyro to break equipment
>Broken armor and weapons got a broken texture
>Chests could be broken, making hitting them to see if it's a mimic risky
>Trapped chests
>Attacking with no stamina made the swing slow, making stamina management more important
>>
>>337565309
Meh pve, only like 2-4 "good" bosses, all others are barely ok or just shit. Most areas are pretty shitty too.
PvP is the shittiest its ever been, only positive it gets is fast matchmaking. Too bad the matchmaking is absolute ass because of SM, and no full orbs is just stupid. Covenants barely did shit either, but this isn't really anything new for the series.
Retards praise it for "muh new features" like powerstancing, wich is actually pretty much worthless with 90% weapons. ADP and SM are both so retarded it hurts, new poise that takes years to recover was shit too. Many items with new special properties were either retard strong or useless. It took them ages to fix weapon durability and balance weapons around, but the main gamefeel and gameplay are still ass.
>>
>>337570734
ill believe it when i see it senpai
>>
>>337572730
The problem is that most of your points have an even worse negative:

>Ascetics put in the game to combat the stupid despawning enemy mechanic
>weapons can be dual weilded at the expense of shit, copypasted movesets
>powerstance is largely shit on most weapons, and once again dilutes the movesets
>npc invaders were largely shit outside of the dlc and were only even remotely challenging because of the gigantic health pools
>interacting with scenery is incredibly rare compared to the other souls games, and is mostly confined to the dlc/sotfs edition
>the pig and the pickaxe were retarded
>ng+ added new enemies, but this was horrifically balanced, the enemies on the way to executioners chariot, the adds in lost sinner and the flexile sentry at launch, and the new items, especially the boss souls should have been in the first playthrough
>you could roll in more directions
really only applicable to games before dark souls 2, dark souls 2's horrific sluggish paced movement nullified this
>hexes were fleshed out
and completely broken at launch
>drinking estus was a gamble
yet lifegems made healing trivial in pvp and pve
>various weapons etc.
diluted movesets, in dark souls 2 every class had a far too high amount of shit stuff
>

The problem with this list of points is that they are pretty much all incredibly trivial, minor points, and some are only applicable to dlc, or tiny parts of the game like earthen peak.

When you can't mention major points like world consistency, boss design, boss mechanics, area design, actual plot progression and fleshed out characters

Then you have a problem.
>>
>>337572242
Did you just crank up the brightness and contrast for this screenshot
>>
>>337572787
DaS2 pvp is the best in the series imo, but that's only if you just say fuck it like I did and level up like a madman. Super high SL PvP isn't actually shitty surprisingly, and most people actually try different things because they have the stats to do it.
>>
Great game, worst dark souls game.
>>
>>337565309
Good game. Not as good as the others, but good
>>
File: lando.png (732 KB, 1072x738) Image search: [Google]
lando.png
732 KB, 1072x738
>>337573482
i know the feeling
>>
best bosses:
dark souls 3

worst bosses:
dark souls 2

best npc's:
dark souls 3

worst npc's:
dark souls 2

best world design:
dark souls

worst world design:
dark souls 2

best pvp:
dark souls 3, as a result of no soul memory, and therefore no havel katana fags who take 10/15000 life damage with a hit from a fucking greathammer

worst pvp:
bloodborne

best story progression:
dark souls 3

worst story progression:
dark souls 2

best overall story:
demons souls

worst overall story:
dark souls 2

best dlc content:
bloodborne

worst dlc content:
dark souls 2, although that's by only by result of the other two being so good

best overall gameplay mechanics:
dark souls 3, closely followed by bloodborne, which had tighter melee, but was lacking in other areas like versatility in utility

worst overall game mechanics:
dark souls 2

best hitboxes
dark souls 3

worst hitboxes
dark souls 2
>>
>Heavy armor looks cool
>Armor barely reduces damage
Why do they keep doing this
>>
>>337565750
Well, DS3 has no DLC yet and I bet you're throwing the Scholar edition into the equation,
>>
>>337574163
3 is the worst offender of this, they phoned it the fuck in
>>
>>337565309
it was OK, but I spent the entire playthrough feeling like it was just about to get better.
>>
scholar of the first sin is actually pretty good, but some enemies are still fucking shit, like the flame salamanders, also hitboxes are still shit, some times I block and their weapon clips my body and hits me BEHIND the fucking shield
>>
File: 1400153092786.png (370 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
1400153092786.png
370 KB, 666x666
>>337573528
Thing is, i still prefer 1 and 3 to 2.
The whole reason i made that list was because i'm pissed 3 didn't improve/expand on the things 2 brought to the table.

>Ascetics put in the game to combat the stupid despawning enemy mechanic
They could've made it a boss respawn only, cut down on the souls gained and not receive a boss soul.
>weapons can be dual weilded at the expense of shit, copypasted movesets
Shit is subjective, but they could've been better. The way they did it in 3 is retarded though, SEVERELY limiting the weapons that can be dual wielded properly. I'd take a useless moveset over that any day
>powerstance is largely shit on most weapons, and once again dilutes the movesets
Same answer
>npc invaders were largely shit outside of the dlc and were only even remotely challenging because of the gigantic health pools
Having the NPC's go back to being nothing more than mindless enemies again is worse, they have no personality, something Maldron had in buckets. Just imagine how much fun they COULD've made them. Cut down their health and you're golden.
>the pig and the pickaxe were retarded
I liked it, it was something i didn't discover on my first playthrough, or the next 10 for that matter. Nothing beats the feel of finding a secret in a game you thought you knew everything about.

I'm not going to answer everything because it's basically the same answer, they did not improve/fix on these things in 3, which they should've instead of just ignoring it. As a result, the game is less than it could've been, which pisses me off
>>
>>337565309
It's a good game which is the worst in its series. I feel bad for Tanimura, he got a raw deal due to someone elses incompitence and now he gets shit for it.
>>
>>337573528
You didn't need Ascetics to respawn enemies, just join Covenant of Champions and they'll respawn infinitely.
>NG+ enemies balanced awfully, new items
I don't know what you mean here, all of them were manageable, and the new items gave you incentive to go to NG+.
>Sluggish movement
Hot opinions, roll and equip load was also done way better
>Lifegems trivialized healing
You can only get regular lifegems in infinite amounts, and the heal and use speed were both worse than just using Estus, not good for healing during combat.
>Hexes broken at launch
So is poise in DaS3, except it's never gonna get fixed.
You're right about everything else, a lot of weapons were too samey and NPC invaders outside of DLC are fucking trash.
>>
after beating the clusterfuck of enemies that is dark souls 2, dark souls 3 feels like a fucking casual game, seriously you can literally +10 a longsword in the first hours and then R1 spam to victory, it's fucking retarded
>>
>>337574445
>buy 600 poison arrows
>use L1 to aim
4 Arrows poison them, repeat 3 times to kill

Also overhead attacks and low attacks ignore shields 99% of the time, my biggest complaint is how every fucking enemy is on a turntable and tracks you with their attacks, encourages rollspamming.
>>
>>337574679

cheesing with arrows is exactly how I got past them, the problem is the polaziring extreme that the mechanic provides, the encounter goes from stupidly frustrating to cakewalk, there should be a middle line damn it
>>
File: 1461783567035.jpg (72 KB, 361x361) Image search: [Google]
1461783567035.jpg
72 KB, 361x361
>>337565309
too long for a game that has utterly shit level design

its good though

replayability is stumped by horrawful starting zones, im so glad they fixed that in ds3
>>
>>337574598
how the fuck do you get titanite slab in the first hours
>>
In hindsight, it's way better than DS1 just because DS1 felt so utterly fucking disgustingly clunky in comparison. DS3 took the best part of both (except DS2's jumping) and surpassed both
>>
servers down?
>>
File: Aldrich please stop it.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
Aldrich please stop it.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>337567708
run
>>
shit level design, meh bosses, I felt like it was too much focused on being difficult just for the sake of it compared to the previous games (not that it didn't happen sometimes in them as well). Can't say I despise it but I feel like an idiot for spending a hundred bucks on it.

The goddamn statue is also a joke because it's very well done overall but the platform it stands on and the swords it's holding look like they were taken from a bad chinese brand of toys
>>
>>337574584
What's the story behind Tanimura?
>>
I didn't play vanilla but I enjoyed scholar more than DaS and DaS 3, DeS and BB with old hunters are better than 2
>>
>>337575220
You know you can toggle jumping between new style and old style right? I think you could in DSII too.
>>
>>337575475
Tanimura wasn't the original direcor, he ws brought on after the other director got fired for royally fucking up the game. From dropped the unfinished game in Tanimuras lap and he had to attempt to salvage it.
>>
>>337565309
More replayability than Dark Souls 3
>>
>>337575629
No, I mean the way that jumping loses all it's momentum after ,5 seconds in the air and makes you fall straight down
>>
>>337567708
normally i dont spoonfeed children, but i also had a lot of trouble going into that fight blind, so heres my strat- if youve got endurance below 20 like me youre probably not going to be able to outrun the 2nd stage arrows. the solution to this is to take advantage of the attacks bad turning radius by evading in the pattern of a triangle
>>
>>337575695
Tanimura did a commendable job if that's the case

Who was the original director?
>>
>>337575923
Tomohiro Shibuya is listed, but he might just be a co-director and FROM decided to strike the original directors name from the game.
>>
File: 1452321419160.jpg (250 KB, 869x943) Image search: [Google]
1452321419160.jpg
250 KB, 869x943
>>337574052
holy shit
you actually wrote that DS3 has best PVP just to give DS2 no wins
the game where you will lose if you don't:
- 1HKO
- sacred flame
- thrust
- mindlessly spam
and also includes:
- an entirely pointless PVP covenant
- 2 dysfunctional PVP covenants
- 1 dead PVP covenant
- LITERALLY NO POISE
- no point in choosing any armours other than knight or masters
- priority to invade a gank squad
- unable to invade unembered players (!!!)
- unable to be invaded in boss-free zones
- all invasions favour the host well past an acceptable point
- most spells are totally unviable
- all spells are dodgeable by slowly walking sideways
- half of all spells are redundant
- all weapons of the same class share a moveset
- 1hand and 2hand movesets are functionally identical, but 2hand is faster and does more damage
- the worst networking since DS1 with broken animations, unbearable stuttering, damage not registering, questionable damage instances, and failed connections galore
- powerstance removed in favour of weapon arts that are uncreative and endlessly copied between weapons, and is really a downgrade considering how many weapons in DS2 already had special abilities for 2hR2
- almost every single weapon in each class being totally unviable due to the existence of a single superior weapon of that class, or the fact that they are simply outshone by SS/UGS/rapier every time
- not a single dedicated matchmaking arena for PVPing, no stat tracking, and barely any rewards for completing your covenant missions (should you actually be summoned)

shit man i dont even care if this is dirty bait, you even said that DS3 has good DLC content,
nigga what
>>
I still don't know why the graphics looked better in the trailers than the actual game did
>>
>>337565309
that it was a bad souls game an a sub-par game on it's own.
>>
It was an okay game. If they did a few but needed improvements it would have maybe been better than DaS1 though. Examples:

1. No soul memory, no weapon and SL matchmaking, just DaS1 matchmaking.

2. Hitboxes nuff said.

3. Infinite stamina and/or pise enemies

4. No downgrade

5. Have actual non-broken Red and Blue eye orbs

Also I think that DaS2's Darkmoon Covenant is way the fuck better than DaS3's is. DaS3 is still better in my eyes than DaS2 but only just with the stupidity of the straight swords, magic sucking, fist weapons sucking except for parries, infinite stamina/poise enemies, and for some fucking reason not using the DaS2 model of NG+.

If they did all that to DaS2 it would have been better than DaS1 in my eyes.
>>
File: 1345251808549.jpg (76 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1345251808549.jpg
76 KB, 645x773
Is DeS worth sticking with?
Completed 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1.
Currently doing 3-2.

It all just seems sort of boring like a pre Alpha stage of Dark Souls. The bosses seem to be declining in quality since Phalanx.
These gargoyles seem like the AI is broken, they just hover for ages and barely even attack you and my item burden keeps on being an issue.
Tempted to just move on to playing DaS2 all the way through as I've completed 1&3.
>>
>>337568694
>DaS2 threads are always fucking shit

of course, they are trying to force a cycle saying "now that DaS3 is now, apologize for shitting on DaS2"
>>
File: emerald_herald.jpg (474 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
emerald_herald.jpg
474 KB, 1024x1024
DaSIII>DaSII>DaS

Soul memory is the only real flaw in 2
>>
File: mtvtbwitdacdxuse10ua.jpg (100 KB, 760x760) Image search: [Google]
mtvtbwitdacdxuse10ua.jpg
100 KB, 760x760
>>337567654
>Trusting /v/

Son you gettin meme'd on
>>
>>337577132
>It all just seems sort of boring like a pre Alpha stage of Dark Souls
that's literally what it is
>>
>>337576236
I never said dark souls 3 has dlc content, look again.

Dark Souls 2 pvp was awful because soul memory inevitably made the game incredibly unfun.

I remember around about 2-3 weeks after the game lauched 90% of invasions or summons would be guys wearing havels with a dark estoc or katana, havels greatshield and smelter demon helm.

This was a continuing theme throughout the next 9 months I bothered with the online.

Dark souls 3 isn't as bad because the soul level range makes so it so even people wearing full havels or other similar gear take good satisfying and fair damage.

Also, your comment on worst networking is laughable, because dark souls 2 had the worst phantom range issues of any online game I have ever played.

In addition, dark souls 3's spells are just as viable as dark souls 2, the difference is that they are not so ridiculously overpowered, and the general flow of the game is faster, and the hitboxes are much tighter for spells.

Your point about armour is laughable, because dark souls 2 is basically the biggest perpetrator of "you have to have full havels/heavy armour to stand a chance" whereas dark souls 3 has less ridiculous damage decreases, giving lighter armoured players a fairer playing field.

You're fucking lying if you think anything before ds2's dlc is comparable to the versatility boss weapon and normal weapon weapon arts gives compared to the absolute clusterfuck of same weapon moveset bollocks that dark souls 2 had, there was such a limited moveset in dark souls 2 it was ridiculous.

I think it's perfectly fair to call dark souls 3's pvp better, as soul memory doesn't exist, and I have a red eye orb.
>>
>>337565309
irredeemable garbage
>>
>>337565309
It's my favorite.
>>
>>337577132
I enjoyed it quite a bit despite its age, but it's understandable that you may not like it.
>>
>>337578846
Is 6 years really old?
>>
Honestly, 3 and 2 feel like quality versus quantity. 3's level, enemy, and boss design stand ahead of 2's, but 3 was over so damn quickly. 2 lasted much longer, and the pvp was quite enjoyable. Not to mention that the dlc areas could be considered some of the best designed parts of any souls game. I do think it's depressing that despite it's dull second half and unfinished state, dark souls 1 is still my favorite entry in the series.
>>
>>337579036
Compared to the rest of the series, yes.
>>
>>337565309
8/10 before Giant's Memories, 7/10 after, DLC expects you to be reading shit online but goes back up to 8 otherwise
>>
>>337580781
>DLC expects you to be reading shit online
How so?
I played them blind and i never had any trouble
>>
>>337565309
Lifegems fundamentally break the core gameplay of Dark Souls.
>>
I probably would've enjoyed DS2 a lot more if I really sunk my teeth into it.

The issue is all the things I enjoyed in the other entries flat-out fail in DS2. Interesting NPC storylines, fleshed-out world, interesting lore, reliable co-op with best friend, all of these things were horribly disappointing. Also most of the music seemed tremondously uninspired.

SotFS is objectively better. There's still a hideous base game you have to trudge through before you get to the good stuff.

I also haven't fought Aldia yet. I spent so much time with vanilla + DLCs that I can't even make it to Ng+ on SotFS. I'd especially like to see what other mobs there are because I thought vanilla NG+ additions all fell flat on their face, maybe all but one.
>>
File: skeleton man.jpg (19 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
skeleton man.jpg
19 KB, 450x320
I talk a lot of shit about Dark Souls 2, But in the end i still gathered about 200ish hours in it, So i must've had more fun than i remembered.
>>
SotFS is fantastic, but you have to slog through the base game to get to that content.

Now that 3 is out, I have absolutely no desire to play DaS2 again. DaS3 feels like the true sequel and DaS2 is just some knockoff.
>>
>>337581179
He's probably referring to talking to Vendrick. I didn't know you could talk to the armor to be teleported until I looked it up
>>
>>337582451
Huh, i realized i could do that when i heard the sound effect it made.
>>
File: quite.png (525 KB, 1040x1040) Image search: [Google]
quite.png
525 KB, 1040x1040
>>337565309
It was... good.
When it launched, it was really bad but a lot of patches made it better. And the Scholar of First Sin version e really good.

It it had a lot of filler bosses with the same behavior, it was linear as hell, but it had way better systems of charcter build than DaS and DaS3.

It gets a lot of shit mainly beacuse its PvP could be way better without soul memory and the level design was too linear, with the challenge of each location is facing too much enemies at the same time... but it was still a fun game.
>>
>>337582451
If you don't talk to Vendrick how could you know what the lost crowns quest is?
>>
>>337579218
>brume tower
>good design
>>
>>337567471
This, fucking this.
>>
I think the franchise would be better off if it didn't exist. I thought it was a worse game than Demon's and Dark Souls in nearly every way measurable.
>>
Currently playing it, after finishing DaS1 some days ago.

First thing I love : 60... fucking... fps. God, it feel so smooth. It's so good.

For the moment I'm not a fan of the atmosphere, also not a fan of the ennemies and the bosses I've encountered. But I'll see what happen next.
>>
>>337565309
Boring. The game has a lot of content but it's all boring.
>>
I kept playing over and over again without even knowing why.

For that is the curse of want I guess.
>>
>>337581251
the "core gameplay" is just DeS with free refills.
>>
>>337565309
Dark Souls 2? More like Dark Souls Poo amirite family?
>>
Dark Souls >= Dark Souls III > BloodBorne > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls II
>>
File: Dark Souls 2 Yuri Boogaloo.webm (2 MB, 1243x683) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 2 Yuri Boogaloo.webm
2 MB, 1243x683
Show me anything in DeS, Das, DS3 or Bloodborne that beats this gameplay wise
>>
Hardest DLC's by FAR.

Feels the most like a "game", definitely like DS1 and 3 atmosphere more.

Better gameplay than DS1. No more "jump while you tried to roll cause you were running". Also why the fuck was power stance not in 3?

Love the whole "lose more hp as you die" mechanic. And the gradual hollowing.
>>
All I think about it is "It could have been great". Every time I like something, there's something that tarnishes that good memory.
And it has the worst boss roster in the series by far. There are good fights, but it's so lackluster because I hardly remember them. I only fondly remember Velstadt, LGK and the DLC bosses. It also has the worst mob behavior in the game. I'll take the dumb robots from DS1 and the crack-addled maniacs from DS3 over the magnetic ice skating robots from DS2.
>>
>>337565309

Didn't even bother finishing it, too uninteresting. Shitty mechanics like soul memory and retarded attributes didn't help it. Think I beat the skeleton mob boss before dropping the game forever.
>>
File: Scythe of Want.jpg (678 KB, 2226x1425) Image search: [Google]
Scythe of Want.jpg
678 KB, 2226x1425
The 2nd best reaper in the series, that 2hR2 practically says "fuck sweetspots, fuck poise" It's a good thing because every other reaper without the moveset is critically shit.
>>
>>337586836
how is soul memory affecting you if you played maybe 5 hours of ds2?
>>
>>337565309
DaSIII is my first soulsborne game so I don't really have a say in the matter but when I first saw ingame footage of DaSII I was baffled by how fucking stiff and shitty everything looked.
It has a distinct "chinese ps2 knockoff game" vibe.
Funnily enough the first Dark Souls looks completely fine to me.
>>
>>337565309
Objectively the best in the series until DaS3's DLC drops.
>>
>>337565309
Its bad
>>
File: 1462313844657.png (455 KB, 466x492) Image search: [Google]
1462313844657.png
455 KB, 466x492
I played a lot of it. I just can't stand the PvP. The infinately growing soul memory puts you at a disadvantage for stopping levelling up but once you get passed 130 you start getting into the "super" category were everyone is starting to wear ultra heavy armor, have a big ass weapon, and cast buffs before every battle. Its just not fun.
>>
Horrible level design (le kill the 4 masters of the universe to get around a pile of rubble), awful pvp with finite consumables, shitty weapons, broken covenants, boring characters, copy paste boss fights...

DaS2 was a cash grab sequel and it plays like one
>>
>>337586986
It doesn't even affect you after 500 hours of DS2. Children on /v/ just like to complain for the sake of complaining, whether their reasons are valid or not.
>>
>>337565309
fucking amazing like dark souls 1 and 3
>>
Better than DaS1 but you have to play all of it to get to the good stuff. It's the opposite of 1 actually
>>
Soul Memory fundamentally ruins a lot of the good things in the game. Hexes are a good concept, much like how pyromancies work in DS3, but it's ruined because SL doesn't matter at all in the long run, so you can have an absurdly powerful and versatile caster and still twink the fuck of everything pre-Drangleic. It's bad balance. It also punishes new players for dying a lot, while it should be pulling them in. Its really annoying for a vet to play it while stressing about SM, because the game is so full of bullshit deaths.
>>
At this moment it's tied with Bloodborne for "Best Soulsborne".
>>
>>337587518
>vet
>the game is so full of bullshit deaths
You're not even a veteran of video games in general. Stop trying to fit in.
>>
>>337586387
I... I can't
>>
>>337587684
Oh pardon me. Bullshit magnetic grabs, hitboxes and buggy terrain are my fault. Sure, ok, I got it.
IT'S A FEATURE GUYS.
>>
>>337587920
Are you talking about DS1 or DS2 because bs deaths by gravity and magnograbs are common in both games.
>>
File: mimic hitboxes.webm (2 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
mimic hitboxes.webm
2 MB, 853x480
>>337588412
DS3 too!
>>
File: spoilfocus.jpg (30 KB, 299x288) Image search: [Google]
spoilfocus.jpg
30 KB, 299x288
>>337565309
I like it. And that's an huge statement, it's the only game I preordered in my life, and was an huge delusion. The game itself isn't bad, as I said I like it. But it's too much technical and some of these mechanic details detract from the atmosphere and the game itself. Dev were so stupid I can believe, they thought we liked DS because it was "hard" and just made bullshit gangbangs without thinking. It was rushed and many of the patches totally missed the point without caring for the real problems (sliding monsters, hitboxes, bosses being damage sponges or gangbangs). But it had some interesting ideas, I really liked the powerstances and some of the weapons made the game a bit more enjoyable. I got really angry at FROM when they announced SOTS after I bought the last DLC, and I can't forgive Bloodborne being a PS4 exclusive. Neither EA had the courage to shit on their fanbase so much.

I have to say one thing: I hate Fume Knight, it's one of the worst bosses of the game, it's the ugliest damage sponge in existence, what was the point of it? I think whoever liked him condemned the future of this franchise.

Right now I haven't bought DSIII because my rig is a bit outdated (the minimum requirements are just one tier above mine), and I don't want to spend so much for a game done by a company who already shilled so much.
>>
>>337588502
Oh dayum. Even though i had less problems with that in DS3
>>
>>337588516
>I have to say one thing: I hate Fume Knight, it's one of the worst bosses of the game, it's the ugliest damage sponge in existence, what was the point of it? I think whoever liked him condemned the future of this franchise.
What? Fume Knight is the best boss in the game
>>
File: 2016-02-24_00023.jpg (379 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-24_00023.jpg
379 KB, 1920x1080
Aldia and Vendrick are the best characters in the series. DaS2:SotFS also has the best story and unlike Dark Souls 3 that just copy pasted the same plot and endings of DaS1, DaS2 was actually trying to take the story into a new direction with its main "suffering stems from craving" theme.
>>
No matter what your opinion on the game is, i think we can all agree it has the best Fashion in the series, especially with all that variety
>>
>>337565309
I like it a lot. None of the bosses feel like bullshit and whenever I die I know why I died and how it could have been avoided. Also rolling is the most viable it has ever been so my naked club build is legit.
>>
>>337588967

Yeah I can't find a sexy top in DaS3 that exposes my hot man bod.
>>
>>337587920
>magnetic grabs
>questionable hitboxes
These are in every Souls game in equal amounts.In fact, they're a common problem across all games with action. Time your rolls and it won't get you.
>>
>>337586554
>360 tracking
>bad
its time to get gud at rolling
>>
File: 1802736.jpg (430 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1802736.jpg
430 KB, 1920x1200
If I were to replay a DS game, DS1, DS2, or DS3, which one should I go for?
>>
>>337589679
DaS 2 because every build is viable.
>>
>>337588824
Basically:

>dark souls 2's lore was only good once all the youtube people finished making videos on it!

every single souls game, even dark souls 1 had this problem

I imagine that onced vaati starts pumping out his usual bollocks, people will become far more interesting in das3
>>
>>337589679
DS2. 1 isn't very good compared to the rest of the series and you'll probably just want to quit as soon as you beat Biggy and Tupac, and 3 is too recent assuming you played it already. Play DS2 now and then do 3 again once its DLC comes out.
>>
>>337589897
Nice projecting.
>>
DS2 is much better gameplay wise than DS1. I don't know why people dismiss it because of Muh Atmosphere. Are these the same people who think FO3 is better than NV?
>>
>>337588824
>suffering stems from craving
Vengarl was my favorite character because he fit in with that theme so well. He was completely content despite having so little. He seemed like he would never go hollow, just because he had a positive outlook and a desire to learn more about himself. I kind of wish he was still hanging around in 3.
>>
>>337588752
I agree, it's one of the few bosses I could spend hours fighting and not get bored. Aava too. They're a lot of fun.
>>
>>337590156
>implying 3 has better atmosphere than NV
>>
>>337565309
DS1 had better atmosphere, DS2 is a good game but with some retarded world layouts that doesn't make sense. Many bosses which is good but many are also similar to eachother and the game is pretty easy overall.

Recently started Bloodborne and liking it more than DS2 atm, haven't tried DS3 yet.
>>
>>337590462
Did you even play the DLC? They're harder than anything in DS1 and so is the SL1 run of DS2 compared to DS1
>>
>>337590690
Only remotely hard fight for me was Fume Knight but I was running a havel tank build so I could literally just tank everything and get a hit in with greatsword every 10 sec.
>>
>>337590780
>does the easiest build imaginable
>complains about the game being easy
>>
>>337590780
>Havel tank
>Greatsword
Fucking philistines. I did it with the greatshield and tooth while fatrolling,
>>
Covenants in DS3 are the worst

>Farrons doesn't work
>Fingers have no lore
>Sunbro's have bullshit matchmaking
>Mound Makers gimmick can be completly avoided, and also have bullshit matchmaking when invading
>Blue Sentinels and Blades also don't work

Also, From hates Invaders. If you aren't facing a Gank, you soon will be, everytime
>>
>>337565309

Felt like a goddamn fangame.

>Animations are wonky as fuck
>World story is so shallow I'm not even sure if it exists
>Level design is corridor -> boss -> corridor -> boss with bonfires littered all over the place
>Enemy design is sincerely lacking
>Bosses are awful
>PvP mechanics improved but soul memory renders it moot anyway

I honestly don't get where all these DaS2 apologists are coming from. It's a bad souls game. The DLC areas are alright, but it's too little, too late.
>>
>>337565309
it's still an irredeemable trash
>>
>>337591542
>Farrons doesn't work
>Blue Sentinels and Blades also don't work

Speak for yourself...
>>
>>337591542

I'd agree with you, but the inclusion of mound makers redeemed all the other questionable decisions about covenants. It's everything I wanted from the Chaos Servants in DS1 except without the spidery waifu.
>>
>>337591542
>Fingers have no lore
What the fuck does that even mean?
>>
File: 1462163868342.jpg (3 MB, 2008x3047) Image search: [Google]
1462163868342.jpg
3 MB, 2008x3047
>>337591835

I am fuckface.

It's entirely luck of the draw - either you get so many watchdog invasions you can't play the game, or you get one every six hours - regional matchmaking enbaled or not. Regardless of whether your in the area butter zone for level and weapon, or not.

DOESN'T.

FUCKING.

WORK.

>>337591989

They have no stated reason for existing.

Dark Wraiths had tons of backstory in DS1
>>
>>337591835
>>Blue Sentinels and Blades also don't work
Fuck off. Those covenants are blatantly broken. Some people don't even get summoned while some do.
>>
>>337592149
>>DOESN'T.
>FUCKING.
>WORK.

But two lines up you said it does work.
>>
File: 1438887606237.jpg (124 KB, 600x490) Image search: [Google]
1438887606237.jpg
124 KB, 600x490
>>337565309
fuck the dark souls games. they're getting stale. I went back to demon's souls after all these years, maybe it's my nostalgia acting up, but I can't help but feel it's the best, even though the multiplayer is pretty dead.

fuck, why didn't I ever play a magic user in demons souls? they're insanely OP.
>>
File: 1462349390802.jpg (75 KB, 320x233) Image search: [Google]
1462349390802.jpg
75 KB, 320x233
>>337592258
See >>337592153
>>
>>337592281
Get Firestorm as soon as possible and enjoy oneshotting bosses.
>>
>>337592149
>Dark Wraiths had tons of backstory in DS1

>Once upon a time there was a city that discovered the abyss and became soul-obsessed monsters the end
>>
>>337592149
>A whole sub area dedicated to it
>Two main characters involved
>Invaded by at least two member
>A subquest that reveals the leader has connections to a character from the last game
Yeah, nah.
>>
>>337592149
What armor set is the invader wearing?
>>
>>337592281

I know the feeling. DS3 was the perfect end to the souls series, but I want to see more stuff like Bloodborne.

>Completely new setting
>Completely new atmosphere
>New twist on the gameplay formula
>Plot where you don't know what the ever loving fuck is going on but it looks fucked up
>>
>>337592408
thanks anon, will get it.
>>
File: 1461992702670.jpg (29 KB, 412x430) Image search: [Google]
1461992702670.jpg
29 KB, 412x430
>>337592586

No idea. Doesn't matter, since she's about to be air-tighted
>>
File: grampa.png (491 KB, 1040x732) Image search: [Google]
grampa.png
491 KB, 1040x732
>>337565309
I was mildly dissapointed, able to recognize the improvements that were made while being cautiously aware of the flaws.

Then they released Scholar of the First Sin, which by all accounts has an objectivley better vanilla/non-DLC experience than the release version, and they expect me topay $30 to upgrade to a better version of the base game, because there's no non-DLC option

That's when I started to have a problem.
>>
2 had a lot of good ideas, just implemented poorly.

It's a shame that 3 (as solid as it is) doesn't try to do many of those cool ideas that 2 had, and just plays it far too safe and boring.

Also 3 has little to no replay value since it's so linear, and NG+ is terrible.
2's a bit more non-linear in the first half (or so) of the game, and the NG+ actually threw in new enemies, freja attacking you early and additional boss souls that did cool stuff.
All 3 has is new rings that are barely better than their normal variants and slightly different loot souls which scale better with NG+ levels if you decide to power level.
>>
>>337592465
Their goal is to snatch up all of the humanity in the world and put it together to recreate a unified Dark Soul. It's actually pretty rad. None of the covenants in 3 have any kind of goal or dialogue, with the exception of Darkmoon and they don't even work yet.
>>
File: 1390795589384.gif (508 KB, 500x221) Image search: [Google]
1390795589384.gif
508 KB, 500x221
>>337592875

Darkmoon completely lost their unique pvp aspect, considering DS3 didn't bring back sin counts, or indictments
>>
>>337567472
>There will never be a greatsword as elegant as Watcher's Greatsword.
>>
Why are Sentinels and Darkmoon the exact same thing?
Why are Watch Dogs and Aldrich Faithful really lame and boring compared to the rat people in DS2?
>>
>>337592784
seriously what the fuck is up with that

why couldn't they have re-done the enemy placement and such in the original version of the game too and just had the Scholar edition be seperate
>>
>>337593223
Because Miyazaki hates pvp.
>>
>>337583708
You can do all the crown shit before reaching Vendrick, pretty easily actually.
>>
>>337593223
Because Watch Dogs and Aldrich's Faithful are more comparable to the Forest covenant in DaS1

I miss gravelording
>>
File: 1423532345209.png (467 KB, 600x578) Image search: [Google]
1423532345209.png
467 KB, 600x578
>>337593223

Blame everyone who came down harsh on DS2 - Miyazaki discarded everything about it, including the good things.
>>
>>337593223
>people actually liked rat covenant
holy fucking shit
>>
File: pcsx2 2016-04-06 16-27-47-712.jpg (632 KB, 1115x836) Image search: [Google]
pcsx2 2016-04-06 16-27-47-712.jpg
632 KB, 1115x836
>>337593223
Because the people responsible for all of Fromsoft's best games were in charge of 2, but not 3.
>>
File: 1459991072747-2.png (227 KB, 314x613) Image search: [Google]
1459991072747-2.png
227 KB, 314x613
>>
>>337593223
Rat Covenant was a good idea that was horribly implemented. Mound Makers are more fun than anything in 2.
>>
>>337593638
Google reverse search is so shit. Source
>>
>>337593748
chu & lo
>>
File: 1457842931999.png (570 KB, 1200x788) Image search: [Google]
1457842931999.png
570 KB, 1200x788
>>337593674
>Mound Makers are more fun than anything in 2
You obviously never invaded in the Abyss
>>
>>337593674
Mound makers are terrible. I don't understand their point.

1) Why would the mound maker ever do anything except immediately go backstab the host?

2) Why would anyone summon a mound maker in the first place?

Would have been nice if they could help with the boss, that way there's actually reward associated with the risk.
>>
Like most souls style games from as made. I liked and enjoyed it. I just hate its fans who never shut the fuck up about these games.
>>
>>337567708
>>337575848
I had an endurance of 12. I beat him SL26 +1.

The 2nd stage arrow attack will "outrun" you, but it can't turn as fast as you can. So you have to run in circles like in the webm anon posted before.
>>
Are there a lot of copy-pasted areas from Bloodborne in DaS3? I want to enjoy both. Which should I play first
>>
>>337593223
>Rat people
You mean "Lets hide behind the first mammoth and gank the player in waist high water" covenant
>>
>>337565309
I'd rather play Dark Souls 2 than most other games that are considered "good"
>>
>>337594159

Play Bloodborne. Then play Dark Souls 3 and bask at those chalice dungeons assets in the Catacombs and Smoldering Lake.
>>
>>337565309
it was good
i enjoyed the first one more
>>
>>337593674
>Rat Covenant was a good idea that was horribly implemented.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk23nhXQiW0
it was perfectly implemented.
>>
>>337593879
Yes I did, it wasn't that great beyond being a complete curbstomp setup.

>>337593934
>1) Why would the mound maker ever do anything except immediately go backstab the host?
Because you could go for other phantoms.

>2) Why would anyone summon a mound maker in the first place?
To take out invading phantoms. Retards who put mound maker signs at boss gates are missing the point. Mound makers are wild cards, and incredibly fun for twinks.
>>
File: 1462974511657.jpg (242 KB, 1024x976) Image search: [Google]
1462974511657.jpg
242 KB, 1024x976
>>337593674

Mound Makers are great right away, as you can kinda trick new players with it.

Later everyone knows to avoid grape signs, so you have to resort to red eye.

Mound Makers get the same matchmaking that invading sunbro's dude - as in, they get set in que for hosts that already have multiple phantoms - however, that kinda helps grapes, considering they usually only have to kill a phantom or the host for a shackle.

What doesn't help is getting ganked by three people

From just really needs to make it so invading gives you whatever covenant reward you have socketed - if you invade as a farron, you get a swordgrass - invade as aldrich, you get dregs.

Setup matchmaking for Sentinels so they invade people with Aldrich covenants socketed, and therefore they get whatever it is that sentinels get.

Completly remove Way of Blue, because its useless. Blue Sentinels get summoned to help anyone who isnt a farron\aldrich\finger when they get invaded
>>
>>337565750
This desu. I had more fun with base ds2 than ds3.
Because the BUILD VARIETY, VIABILITY, AND COVENANTS gave it longevity even tho the pve blows
Fromsoft is fucking braindead
>>
Better than lords of the fallen
>>
>>337574235
Scholar certainly improved a lot of things but vanilla DSII still had way more longevity than DSIII did. I had over 500 hours on II before I started to feel burnt out.

Everything after my first playthrough in DSIII has felt like me grasping at reasons to keep playing. Build and weapon diversity is shot, magic sucks, and the game is linear as all hell. The first playthrough was fucking great but the game just has really shitty replayability.
>>
File: 1462685849736.png (576 KB, 1200x788) Image search: [Google]
1462685849736.png
576 KB, 1200x788
It's not like Dark Souls II is complete shit. It has some pluses.

But if you've played all of these games from the beginning, you can't tell me it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb in term in so many ways. And they are not positive.

Sure, bandwagoners and herd mentality eventually made that the prevailing opinion. But it's not one of those cases where it's not secretly a great game that everyone loves that hate on, it's a legit: bloated, bigger, noisier and muh pvp take on the first one.

It felt like a glorified fanfic when it came out, hell when it was announced. 3 carries some of that as a continuationbut at least it feels right. Notice the best games Fromsoft has made were the standalone original ones (DeS, DaS, BB).

In a world of better taste and not having to cash in on branding, there never would've been Dark Souls sequels.
>>
>>337594806
ds3 is their best game though
>>
>>337594806

Fromsoft has made in this vein*
>>
File: consider.png (31 KB, 689x768) Image search: [Google]
consider.png
31 KB, 689x768
>>337594806

Dark Souls 2 is the Silent Hill 2 of the Dark Souls series
>>
>>337594806
You wrote all that in a desperate attempt to lend your two cents when you didn't have a single thing worth saying.
>>
Only reason I dislike DS2 is because of the fact that there's no permanent red eye orb and also soul memory. Those two together make pvp an excruciating experience. Still the best Souls game of all time though.
>>
>>337594501
Thats not an answer

Why would anyone summon a mound maker, they are only detrimental to the host.
>>
>>337595221
That's what all critique of DS2 comes down to. People trying to fit in despite not knowing why and using youtube videos as arguments.
>>
>>337595009

On a technical level of balancing everything that goes into their Soulsborne formula, I'm inclined to agree.

Bloodborne might be their best work on an artistic level - and if it had included the same depth of stats, items, abilities, gear etc etc then I think it would be their objective best.

Demon's was an amazing breakthrough, still has some essence the others haven't been apple to replicate. Dark is on par just in a different way.
>>
>>337595306
Dried finger, summon a bunch of mound makers and invaders and then chameleon.
>>
File: 1463188365228.jpg (56 KB, 313x254) Image search: [Google]
1463188365228.jpg
56 KB, 313x254
>>337595009
PCuck pls stop
>>
It's pretty good. I enjoyed it a lot when I came back to the Scholar version of the game after playing the base game on release.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.