[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Res Evil Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-02-02_00002.jpg (184 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-02_00002.jpg
184 KB, 1920x1080
REmake and RE:Zero (specifically on steam if that changes anything)

When you unlock alternate costumes, are they locked exclusively to that specific save file only?

Or once I unlock them can I use them whevever I want on whatever save file/ new game I choose?

I ask because I want to unlock Rebeccas 'Wesker mode costume' cos its the sickest shit. But if its locked to that one save file, I wont even bother.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>337564648
REmake, I believe is save file specific due to how you change costumes (you need the closet key, which you only get on NG+).

The remaster of RE0 however is fair game, all the costumes are unlocked on any save file. Wesker mode however locks you out of the regular game once you pick it, so don't overwrite shit when saving when playing Wesker mode and save it to a new slot.
>>
>>337565051
So If I beat wesker mode and unlocked Rebeccas new 'wesker mode costume' I could then start a new game and overwrite my wesker mode save file? I would keep the wesker costume? or do i need to keep my completed wesker mode save file alive?
>>
>>337565667
I think all costume data in RE0 is saved separately, like as a system save or something (due to all the costume DLC), and that's why once you unlock a costume you can use it whenever.

So no I'm like 95% you don't need to keep a Wesker file once you have the costume. If you're that worried just save it to the bottom slot or something.
>>
>>337566046
Thanks for the thorough answer brother
>>
>>337564648
man i really wish they didn't need to strap those gross gem-virus things to their chests to brainwash them

pulling that shit off jill looked like the most painful shit ever, it was wired directly into her fucking heart
>>
Tfw all the costumes in re6 are mercs exclusive. Who thought this was a good idea?
>>
>>337566394
I hear ya. kinda cool tho.

OP is back with another question for Res evil ultra fans. Was Ada actually that umbrella scientists (John) boyfriend? Or was she doing spy shit back then and the relationship was a cover/ way to spy on umbrella?
>>
>>337566580
they knew Mercs was the only mode worth a damn in RE6. like you wouldn't seriously want them tied to playing that shitty campaign anymore than you have to right?
>>
>>337566580
Capcom who else?
>>337566679
Spy all the way, pretty sure she says so herself in RE2. Who she was working for however, I have no idea/don't remember
>>
>>337566864
I dont remember her saying that, but ill trust you. Was it a note or something?
>>
>>337567065
I think it was Sherry's mother that implied it
>>
>>337567065
Not that anon and I haven't played RE2 in a while, but I think Annette found out and later told Leon.
>>
File: ResidentEvil2Remake.jpg (79 KB, 750x423) Image search: [Google]
ResidentEvil2Remake.jpg
79 KB, 750x423
>>337567351
>>337567401
I see, thanks. RE2make should refresh my memory.

Speaking of RE2make. What do you guys honestly think theyll do with it? Will it use 3d levels or will it use the 2d Art backgrounds again? Do you think theyll use RE4 camera and combat?

I honestly think and hope theyre smart enough after so many recent failures to know that people want exactly what was done to REmake.
>>
>>337568038
I hope it's all pre-rendered backgrounds and camera angles, because RE0 look amazing. That and I'm really hankering for a classic RE game.

Since REmake2 was pretty much green lit after the success of the the re-released REmake and RE0, hopefully Capcom has actually gotten the memo on how to make the game.
>>
>>337569349
My thoughts exactly. Ill be suprised if they manage to completely fuck it up.

I imagine the worst they could do is fully 3d levels instead of nice prerendered backgrounds. Might not look as good, but im sure it'd be acceptable.
>>
>>337568038
It'll probably be 3d with fixed camera like code veronica. The prerended backgrounds can obviously give really amazing graphics but these days you can get decent graphics in realtime so I doubt capcom would go to the money of making something even better in prerended. Games cost enough as it is.
>>
>>337569985
>the money of making something even better in prerended. Games cost enough as it is.

Ive never understood how prerendered backgrounds cost more money to make than fully realised 3d levels? theyre just pictures afterall? drawing those pictures requires more time and money than 3d modeling a location and every object + texture inside of it?
>>
I love RE2, it's one of my favorite games, but I don't want the remake to be basically a 1:1 like REmake. I want new stuff, new areas, new enemies, new scenes, new/different puzzles, better designed menu/inventory setup that is less tedious,etc I don't think tank controls are necessary, a better version of the Alternate controls from REmake would be better.
>>
>>337571026
I know what you mean brother, but REmake did have most of what you said lol (though you probably wanted more I assume)

However I think tank controls are 100% necessary. I also want exactly was was done to REmake, I think they did that very well.
>>
>>337571405
>REmake did have most of what you said
Not enough to really matter.
>However I think tank controls are 100% necessary.
I don't. They are outdated. There's no reason why they can't have better controls and also make enemies smarter in return.
>>
>>337570754
Prerendered backgrounds aren't drawn (they can be but weren't for remake/zero). They're 3d like any other game but rendered as static images. Because the game only has to display an image instead of rendering in real time it allows them to create much better graphics. If they aren't going to have better graphics then they could do real time then theres barely any point.
>>
>>337571625
I dont have any problems with tank controls at all. I much much much prefer them. Once your used to them they feel 100% natural.

They are also important for the constant camera changes. ie- foward always means foward. With tank controls you arent constantly fucking up and running directions you didnt mean to as soon as the camera changes (like a devil may cry game, god of war, alternate controls in REmake and Zero)
>>
>>337571835
Oh okay, I see. Thanks for that.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.