[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Getting all 4 wisdom teeth taken out today. What are some vidya
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 500x231) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 500x231
Getting all 4 wisdom teeth taken out today. What are some vidya to play while in pain and fucked up on pain killers? I was thinking yoshi wooly world because of the cozy ass music and it's easy as fuck
>>
>>337562196
I've been there man, don't worry it's not as bad as you think. You won't feel anything.
Pain killers aren't even needed for the most part.

I'd say play some immersive games like GTA V or Fallout 4.
Maybe some co-op games, if y-you wanna play with me.
>>
>>337562196
Wisdom tooth removal is not needed, good job playing into hands of the corrupt industry that is healthcare
>>
>>337562369
living is not needed either
just get a girl pregnant and kill yourself, that's the best way for a man to go, but like... you wanna keep banging more girls, and then you just can't handle the alimony.
thats when you pull the triggers, you passed on your genes, felt pleasure a few times, and lived a good life
>>
>>337562196
If you cant keep your wisdom teeth you have bad genes. I only lost 2 due to decay and cracking one on a corn kernal.
>>
>>337562196
How painful is getting some teeth out?
>>
>>337562505
With anasthetic it's not that bad after it wears off. The worst part is changing the gauze and feeling all the blood and spit unsticking from the cloth, ugh.
>>
>>337562505
We have anesthetics this days, so none.
The taste of the blood is more annoying
>>
>>337562313

HORSE SHIT

mine was done with basic anesthetic and each tooth was nastier than the first

the fourth was an exercise in patience

the dentist had to yank on it four separate times over like two minutes and it was pure fucking agony even with like five more shots of lidocaine

so OP, it really just depends on how your teeth have grown in
>>
>>337562196
i'm so happy my wisdom teeth grew normally

that shit is going to hurt like hell anon
>>
>>337562196
Don't worry, mate. It's not that bad.
If your dentist is not a complete hack, you won't feel much pain at all, if any.

Just remember that the anesthetics might temporarily fuck up your jaw and tongue, so you'll be leaking saliva everywhere. Prepare some tissues.

And for later, a bowl in case you need to spit blood for the next few hours.

As for vidya, get something that allows you take frequent breaks to spit. Like some strategy game, or a turn-based rpg, a point and click adventure, or something.
>>
>>337562496
>talks about bad genes
>breaks his weak ass tooth on corn kernals

:^)
>>
>>337562617
sounds like you had a shitty dentist, mines just cracked the tooth into pieces and took them out in chunks.
>>
>>337562593
Pussy. I had a local injection. I enjoyed every second of them getting pulled. You will never have a hot chick press her tits against you as she tries her best to yank out your tooth.

This guy did!
>>
>>337562369
Wisdom teeth removal is free though.
>>
>>337562593
>Tasting blood
>annoying

Can't handle blood anon?
>>
File: dummy.jpg (346 KB, 650x524) Image search: [Google]
dummy.jpg
346 KB, 650x524
>>337562196
My teeth were fine until the dentist pulled out the good ones in order to fix the bad ones.
>why the fuck
>>
broforce
shovel knight

games where you dont have to think too much
>>
>>337562712
Wisdom teeth actually are weaker than normal teeth. All the calcium goes to your other ones making them brittle.
>>
>>337562782
>tfw my top teeth are misaligned now
>even though i have braces
im really upset
>>
>>337562313
When i had to get my wisdom teeth pulled i almost died of how much it hurt the dentist even had to add more anesthetic more 4 times and i could still feel the pain

that shit is worse pain i ever felt in my entire live
>>
Something comfy like Civ, influx, or you could try one of those walking simulators.
>>
>Extremely resistant to anesthesia for some fucking reason
>Takes three to four shots to mildly numb me
>Had a root canal without anesthesia once
>Actually had to get a shot right in the raw fucking nerve once

Shit is horrendous. I could sit here and tell stories about my teeth issues but it's too long and shittty. Just keep in mind that we all react differently, so you could walk in, get numbed and be out in a half hour or spend an entire two hours in mind-breaking agony as they chisel your teeth off your jaw and pull the shard from your gums.
>>
>>337562196
Wisdom tooth removal is easy and literally painless, the needle is more painful than the pulling.
If you are getting all 4 out at once that's even easier since you go to the hospital, they KO you with gas or give you this pink liquid stuff that makes you high as a kite and knocks you out in seconds.
You wake up a little sick and literally exhaling the stuff they put in you but your still high and talking about random shit.
Only thing that is bad about wisdom teeth removal is your face puffs up and it looks like someone hit you with a bat but that goes away in like 3 hours.
>>
>>337562505
That would be extremely painful.
>>
>>337562818
Your dentist is an idiot who cant hit a jaw main nerve stem even if it was standing in front of him. No wonder it hurt.
>>
>>337562196
NICE BLOG

VIDEOGAMES

WEEKENDS A SHIT
>>
Im not a dentist, is removing Wisdom Teeth some procedure for people with fucked up teeth like Braces or does it happen to everybody at a point?
>>
File: 566698e93ca66.jpg (39 KB, 960x475) Image search: [Google]
566698e93ca66.jpg
39 KB, 960x475
>>337562196
>play while in pain and fucked up on pain killers?
>>
>>337562941
How can he miss it 5+ times tho

next time i need any teeth pulled i'm just not going to do it because of this experience
>>
>>337562812
Oh shit thanks for the heads up. I've had my wisdom teeth grow normally so I've been chewing stuff with them to put less stress on the normal teeth I've been using all these years, but I reckon it's a bad idea?
>>
>>337562937
UUUU
>>
>>337563004
IT'S
>>
>>337562989
wisdom teeth normally get pulled because they're weaker and tend to fuck up your molars
>>
File: scam.jpg (86 KB, 828x428) Image search: [Google]
scam.jpg
86 KB, 828x428
>>337562989
its a scam
>>
>>337563009
I once went to a student dentist thing cause it was free. She also missed 5 times before the main doctor took over and got it first try. If they miss you arnt fully numb. If they hit. You cant feel shit the entire side is numb.
>>
>>337562617
>mine was done with basic anesthetic
Holy shit, you got fucked over. I got intravenously sedated while mine were being taken out.
>>
>>337562989
I think its about your jawline and space in your mouth.
Iive 3 come in and the top two are fine because high cheekbones but the bottom one had to come out because it was coming in sideways since there was no room.
Last one hasn't come in yet but it will have room since I had to have one of my maulers taken out and wisdom teeth are replacement maulers.
>>
>>337562905
>dentist gives me shot
>sends me out for ten minutes so they start working
>I'm completely numb after two minutes
>but it's gone after the fifth
>guy calls me back after the 10 minutes are up
>try to warn him the anesthetics stopped working
>he says I should calm down and we should just get over with it

Well, alright then. Pain killer is for pussies. ;_;
>>
ah yes, it wouldn't be a weekend on /v/ without a thread about some anon getting his rotten teeth pulled out.
>>
>>337562905

>have to get a nerve block to test for Trigeminal Neuralgia(which I ended up having)
>the shot causes a pain flare so severe I'm left screaming in the chair so hard I can barely breathe
>tell him he made my pain worse
>he shrugs, says "Impossible." and walks away

guy was a fucking asshole
>>
>>337563118
Tell that to me where my wisdom tooth on the right side partially broke through the gum line. Anything stuck gets easily infected, which leads to swelling, gum, tooth and jaw pain.
>>
>>337563175
comfy
>>
How did people even handle wisdom teeth 1000 years ago? Did they just not give a fuck or went with the "hard way" ?
>>
>>337562496
If you're posting on /v/, you have bad genes.
>>
>>337563018
Chewing with them is fine on soft stuff. But harder stuff like candy id watch out.
>>
>>337562505
Not painful at all.

I've had about 12 teeth removed, including 6 wisdom teeth.
>>
>>337563234
Old days maulers fell out because we didn't clean them and you can only chew on them for so long until they are rotted.
So they fall out and the wisdom teeth still allow you to crush your food but not as good as the original teeth.
>>
>>337562369
>Wisdom tooth removal is not needed
It is when they grow in a retarded fashion like in OP's image.
>>
>>337562761
Look at this tough guy
>>
>>337563234
Its a scam anon that's what i'm trying to say how do u think caveman handled their wisdom tooth they just left it there and everything was good. the jew dentist just want some more shackles
>>
>>337562369
The Air Force took my wisdom teeth even though they came in fine.
I dont care though got a half week off because of it.

OP dont worry about it, you can take some percocet before the numbness wears off and you will never even feel any pain.
>>
>>337563234
they're called wisdom teeth because they were the last to go when you were old
>>
>>337563175
>teeth growing in crooked, no control
>rotten
Lol wut
>>
File: 1445219351271.jpg (122 KB, 558x340) Image search: [Google]
1445219351271.jpg
122 KB, 558x340
>>337563331
>cancer is a scam, how do you think cavemen handled cancer they just left it there and everything was good
>>
>>337563382
They in planted a tracking chip obviously so they can follow your ever move and kill you if u talked about air force secrets
>>
>>337563428
Well they died from it because unlike wisdom tooth cancer is not a scam it kills people daily.
>>
>>337562313
It depends case by case basis. Like some people get horrible after pains for days and weeks even, meanwhile I was perfectly fine.
>>
>>337563234
We had larger jaws to accommodate
>>
The feeling of relief after dealing with two weeks of agony from a cracked wisdom tooth is better than the biggest piss, shit, or fart ever.

After not sleeping for two days, I passed out in the chair almost as soon as the numbing took effect. Oral Surgeon woke me up and pulled the tooth.
>>
>>337562989
Entirely depends on your teeth. There's no reason to remove them if they grow out fine.

I have one tooth growing out like in OP's image and I regularly get an inflammation there that hurts like fuck.
>>
>>337563523
>kills people daily.
lets not go overboard, cancer takes awhile to kills
>>
OP fucking listen to me.

Look up what a Dry Socket is RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

Avoid it, and then thank me later.
>>
>>337562905
Ugh. I recently went to the dentist because I've noticed my caries too late and my tooth started hurting mildly. Turned out it was pretty fucking bad and I was risking getting a root canal, but we decided to gamble a bit and fix the tooth without doing root canal. Anaesthesia didn't really work for me either, even after a couple of shots. I was numb, but still felt the pain.
Whatever, in the end we did the right thing, the rot didn't reach the center of the tooth and root canal wasn't needed. I've heard it is a pretty painful procedure.
>>
>>337563610
>>337563523
this reminds me of those ads for charity
Every 3 seconds an African kid dies of starvation for only 5 dollar per week you can save 10 kids
>>
>>337562196
Literally anything. It won't be nearly as bad as you think, you won't remember the only part you're fucked up for.
>>
>>337563457
Ah shit i knew it.
Gotta take em for all their worth before i get out.
>>
>>337563619
Never had one, and I smoked on the way home.

Just super light drags for a least a week.
>>
>>337563797
It's not just smoking. A lot of things cause them.

Mainly sucking on stuff.
>>
>>337563619
>Dry Socket

Who Is Likely to Get Dry Socket?

Some people may be more likely to get dry socket after having a tooth pulled. That includes people who:

smoke
have poor oral hygiene

brush ur teeth dirty ass
>>
>>337563854
A dry socket is literally just when the blot clot is taken away from your teeth. Sucking is the main cause. Smoking and poor oral hygiene give you a higher risk, but don't take it away. Anyone can get one.
>>
>get fucked up on anasthesia
>probably told the dentist lady some embarrassing shit while i was drugged
god damn
>>
>>337563854
I was paranoid as fuck about getting dry sockets.
I didnt even spit the rinse stuff out just let it dribble out of my mouth like a retard.
>>
>>337563931
Straining hard can also do it. Like simply bending over and pulling on something. Avoid any hnnnng's for awhile.

I swore I got up a little too fast and felt the blood clot move and it bulged out a bit. Any more and it could've popped.
>>
>>337563854
>>337563797

Watch this fucking shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb4WcAXTa6o
>>
>get fucked up on painkillers
>spill your guts to the nice people and your friend who's driving you home how your hard drive's contents could get you arrested
not quite an irrational fear, but still
>>
File: BLINI.jpg (19 KB, 414x248) Image search: [Google]
BLINI.jpg
19 KB, 414x248
>there are people without insurance in this thread
>Got put to sleepy time when I got my wisdoms removed
>"Woke up" when I was back home on my couch

I feel bad for people who only got numbing when they got their teeth ripped out
>>
File: 1455923536721.jpg (26 KB, 450x299) Image search: [Google]
1455923536721.jpg
26 KB, 450x299
I can guarantee you that it's not as bad as a major tonsillectomy as an adult. After about 10 days my esophagus was so swollen that I couldn't drink or eat. I took the strongest paracetamol/codeine painkillers you can get a prescription for, and it still hurt like shit for two weeks. Also, the smell of dead bacteria and lymphocytes is literally the worst one in the world.

As for games, I played Legend od Grimrock 2 when I was able to do anything. I would recommend it if you like RPGs and dungeon crawlers, pretty comfy and great.
>>
OP here, going in now. Didn't mean for this to spiral into a huge discussion about teeth.Thanks for the very minimal selection of vidya kek. You guys are still alright though. Probably gonna play some FFX or something
>>
>>337564241
Except getting your teeth ripped out doesn't hurt at all and only the biggest of babies get put to sleep for it.

The real pain comes during your recovery time which can last anywhere between 1-14 days depending how the procedure went down.
>>
>>337563118
Where I live dental care is funded by the state, that is the taxpayers' money.
They don't profit any extra from scamming people into unnecessary dental operations. And at the same time, if they've found out to have wasted the tax money, they're likely to lose their jobs.

And we still remove wisdom teeth when they pose a problem. And we still take great care to fix cavities and maintain good dental health. Which does indeed strengthen the overall health of the entire body.

You made me look up the article your image is from and almost the entire thing reads like one giant conspiracy piece.
Like I get it. Private businesses may be the norm for dental care elsewhere and these businesses may act all scummy in an interest to rake in money. But to have such a kneejerk reaction and start to distrust just about the entire dental industry just sounds ridiculous to me.
>>
>>337562813
How misaligned? Can you still talk properly?
>>
>>337564405
>kek
>FFX
why is OP always a faggot
>>
>>337563234
Okay, so anon, you got:
1. Milk teeth
2. Real teeth
3. Wisdom teeth
See a pattern here?
>>
Why would Nature create pain if it were not endurable? And if it isn't, then you won't have to deal with it long.
>>
File: thW5BmV.gif (1 MB, 207x207) Image search: [Google]
thW5BmV.gif
1 MB, 207x207
My wisdom teeth removal procedure was painless. I was prescribed percocets for the pain but I ended up just selling them.
>>
File: 1462920321300.jpg (228 KB, 853x1288) Image search: [Google]
1462920321300.jpg
228 KB, 853x1288
Getting the teeth pulled out? Not that bad. The bad part is the week of pain afterwards.

After getting my teeth pulled (which hurt but not too much, since he injected my teeth/gums about 7 times in quick succession and then a further 4 times later), I was let go, and within 10 minutes, the drugs wore off, and I was lying on the ground in the pharmacy fucking waiting and rolling around in pain while waiting for them to package the fucking drugs, which barley helped unless I took 3 at once which made me want to fall asleep.

It was a fucking nightmare and they don't give you enough.
>>
>>337564527
;)
>>
>>337564494
no, yeah it's nothing crazy, my two front teeth are just shifted to the right, so my smile is slightly off center.

My teeth are straight though, a picture from the sides makes me look normal, but a full frontal picture shows how shifted my entire top teeth are.
>>
>>337564112
Good move.
>>
>>337564562
Same here!
I also took a phew, felt great, I scraped up my arm somewhere and said to myself "That's gonna hurt in the morning" and I never thought that line would be so relatable until that moment.

Glad I didn't get addicted.
>>
>>337564413
>getting your teeth ripped out doesn't hurt at all
Read what you just wrote and then shoot yourself for being that retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 400x264) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 400x264
>>337564527
Suggest some gosh dang vidya games then
>>
>>337564678
It doesn't hurt at all, I don't know what to tell you. I wasn't put to sleep and the only sensations you feel are slight pressure and theres a disgusting cracking sound in your mouth, but you literally don't feel any pain.

You fucking edgy baby faggot.
>>
File: 1461870994061.jpg (30 KB, 480x477) Image search: [Google]
1461870994061.jpg
30 KB, 480x477
>>337562196

>use /v/ as your daily blog
>attention whoring about on-vidya related shit
>put in some ''what vidya should i play'' only so you can attentionwhore without getting banned
>almost 100 replies
>>
>>337562505
2 of mine had to be cut out from under the flesh in 2 seperate sessions which took 30min each tooth, healing time for that was 1 week per tooth. The only annoying thing were the threads they stitched me with - itched after a day like hell.

Other two teeth already came out and were pulled normally and I had no issue with pain at all with those. Only if they cut them out you will feel something, but its more like the strange feeling of someone leaning on you, smashing something into your jaw and cracking stuff apart while your on anasthetics. No pain, just very tense and unconfortable in the mind.
>>
>>337564728
Maybe it didn't hurt for YOU, but it's fucking retarded to suddenly generalise everyone when its obvious so many other people do feel immense pain.

I'm not even him but getting my teeth pulled hurt but the true pain was 10 minutes afterwards when the drugs wore off.
>>
>>337564757
OP here again. I asked for some suggestions of good video games to play while not having total reflexes and coordination due to drugs. It was kind of crucial to my point of asking. It's not my fault the thread spiraled out of control
>>
File: SadGuts.png (69 KB, 322x340) Image search: [Google]
SadGuts.png
69 KB, 322x340
>retainers break
>been months
>teeth shift
>>
I had mine taken out under general anesthetic, but afterwards i couldn't talk or move my head for a week. Also weirdly the right side of my tongue had no sensation for a long time, like straight down the middle. I played a lot of vidya that week.
>>
>>337564728
>have dead nerve roots
>be a edgy faggot insensitive to pain due to mental or nerve damage
>attack others for feeling pain
Lmao. Wanna know how I know you're a kissless virgin still living with your parents?
>>
>>337564601
I've got the same row of teeth on the top and bottom sticking too far in and crowding my tongue. It's like there's a constricting ring around my tongue. I'm always stuttering because of it.
>>
>>337564865
IT isn't going to hurt for ANYONE because thats how novacaine works you fucking child. They even put numbing gel on your gums so you can't even feel the pain of a needle going through your teeth.

>>337564893
I don't know about dead nerve roots, I handle pain like a bitch! Its just that there is no pain to be felt when you're hopped up on novacaine :) I was in tears for a solid 14 days after the operation even despite being prescribed percocet.
>>
>>337562313
I had to get 4 Wisdom teeth pulled, and two were impounded. When they gave me the anaesthetic, it had nearly zero effect, and I swear to god, feeling every bit of your mandible getting sawed and cut was the most painful thing I experienced, or ever will. OP, make sure the anaesthetic is working before you start the surgery, otherwise you will regret it.

Also play some Portal or a VN
>>
>>337564678
It doesn't hurt at all. You hear lots of cracking and feel the grinding, but it doesn't hurt.
>>
File: 1408412959358.jpg (76 KB, 744x707) Image search: [Google]
1408412959358.jpg
76 KB, 744x707
>>337564883
>tfw front teeth are noticeably crooked
>don't have insurance to get it fixed
>will probably have fucked up teeth for life
>>
>>337562196
Don't worry m8 I had 2 impacted wisdom teeth. Doesn't hurt as much as people say, id do it again without dreading it at all. I only used ibuprofen, legit pain killers will stifle any pain at all.
>>
>>337564757
Are you a girl, or otherwise younger than 20? You sound like someone who doesn't have a clue.
>>
>>337564975
>Can't feel the pain of the needle

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Are you an genuine autist who can't comprehend peoples emotions/feelings?

Even after the numbing gel is still hurts when the needle pierced my gums. Even after getting stabbed with a neddle over a dozen times I had to be stabbed more because I still felt crazy pain when he had to apply more pressure to pull the fucking tooth out.

I know what I fucking felt so stop acting like a cunt and saying I didn't feel anything, because you don't fucking know, and I'm telling you it hurt.
>>
>>337562196
Don't be a little bitch, it's not that much of a pain.

And this comes from someone who had two teeth with a root so big that the dentist felt like giving up midway and started using hammer and chisel.
>>
>>337565001
Yeah this dude is a liar, they give local and general no matter what. Not even an option.
>>
>>337564881
are you 12
>>
>>337564883
>>337565040
If they are just a little crooked, could you not just get something like Clear aligners? Assuming your county/country/nation dentals even offer clear aligners?

I remember being on something similar to clear aligners, for 1-2 years after finishing with bracers.
>>
>>337565154
Well, local no matter what, is what I meant to say.
>>
>>337565040
It only costs like 600 bucks. Maybe 1000. You pay that much for a new laptop every now and then.
>>
>>337565154
I got IV into a bent arm and freezing shots that didn't do jack shit after 9
>>
The worst consequence is permanent numbness on your lips or tongue. On the floor of my mouth on the left side it's completely numb :(. Better that than tongue I guess
>>
>>337565114
You were imagining the pain, you pussy. My mouth felt like it was going to split at the cheek because of the angle the tools were going in, but the area with the needle juice in it felt nothing. There was just lots of cracking.
>>
File: image.png (465 KB, 958x539) Image search: [Google]
image.png
465 KB, 958x539
>>337565175
No I'm not. If I had started the thread

"What video games should I play." It kind of defeats the whole purpose.

The whole point in asking was to get some recommendations for some simple, not so hardcore games to play while under the effects of drugs. Are you 12? Don't ever post in my thread again.
>>
File: marathon-man-1976-03-g.jpg (249 KB, 676x475) Image search: [Google]
marathon-man-1976-03-g.jpg
249 KB, 676x475
> This entire thread.
>>
>>337565368
I wasn't imagining jack shit. After the second lot of injections I felt much less pain than did before. The needle I felt every single time. Much less pain than the first few times I was stabbed, but there was still pain. The numbing agent helps, but didn't stop all of it.

The cracking didn't bother me at all.
>>
all my wisdom teeth came out fine and i have never had a single cavity.

but i still don't have a gf.
>>
>>337565515
Well I'm sorry to hear that, because my dentist was good enough to only need one injection.
>>
File: Shaggy 1.jpg (15 KB, 320x290) Image search: [Google]
Shaggy 1.jpg
15 KB, 320x290
If you're not opposed to it, I'd suggest you get some weed and smoke that the next day after you get your teeth pulled out. That will help you with the pain more than painkillers will.
>>
Stardew Valley. Shit is like heroin in video game form.
>>
>>337562369

Some people don't need their wisdom teeth removed, roughly about 10% of the population. Most dentists do get overzealous and remove them before they are sure it'll be a problem though.
>>
>>337565761
Honestly the dentist was pretty good. Either I just have sensitive gums or the drugs were crap, because I'm not exaggurating about the being stabbed 15 or so times thing. Seriously, 15 at min. He just kept moving the needle to different parts of my mouth every 5 seconds or so and it was fucking crap.

As shitty as it was, I would gladly go through that pain 6 times over rather than go through the following week of painful tooth/headaches. I was utterly bedridden for a solid week because I couldn't even think straight, let alone play videogames or shit like that. I would just say in my bed sweating and moaning because the codiene or whatever it was called only worked if I took 2 at a time and I barley had any of it, because they gave me a different drug for "day" use, which did fuck all.
>>
>>337565882
DUDE
>>
>>337566002
WEED
>>
I played the entire Mega Man Zero series while taking vicodins like crazy after breaking my leg. Highly recommended it.
>>
>>337562196
Max Payne
>>
>>337565972
Maybe you're one of those people who are resistant to painkillers, or maybe you had way more dug in teeth than me. I never needed pain killers after either of my extractions.
>>
>>337562313
Depends entirely on your doctor

Shit can range from completely painless during and after the procedure to really fucking painful for weeks
>>
>>337565882
yeh man why use actual painkillers when you can smoke weed
>>
File: 1435387827755.jpg (92 KB, 770x716) Image search: [Google]
1435387827755.jpg
92 KB, 770x716
>>337562905
You should look into something called sedation dentistry. I'm a huge fucking pussy who can't tolerate pain and is terrified of dentists, and there are practices that specialize in this shit. I get a happy little pill before every trip to the dentist and I wake up on the couch four hours later. I don't even remember the root canal I had to get a year ago. You can even get fucking IV sedation for a fucking cleaning if you want it.
>>
>>337565972
Did you listen to music? I imagine that might help.
>>
>>337566002
SODA
>>
>>337566435
I'd rarther just have sex.
>>
>>337565882
This senpai, im planning on getting my wisdom teeth pulled in the next few weeks and have plenty of weed stashed for the recovery process. Cheaper option than the meds my insurance wont cover and more effective.
>>
File: Berry.png (542 KB, 469x533) Image search: [Google]
Berry.png
542 KB, 469x533
Whats getting a wisdom tooth removed like?
I have one on an angle that pushed so hard that the tooth cracked, it doesnt hurt but cleaning it out after every meal is a bitch

Ive had to have a tooth 2 rows down from that removed and its one of the most horrfying things ever
The dentist had to grasp my head and fucking shake my head around and had to literally SNAP it out of place
>>
>>337562196
>Having shitty genetics
Who /stillhaveallteeth/ here?
>>
>>337566396
The dentist DID say my teeth were in really deep, and came out looking really fucking weird, so maybe that came into it.

>>337566460
Only at night when the pain was at a minimum from the codiene.
>>
>>337566663
If it can just be pulled you'll get a local anesthetic and won't feel a thing. Some pain the week after though.
>>
>>337562496
>If you cant keep your wisdom teeth you have bad genes

We can't all be evolutionary throwbacks with an ape's jaw and a tiny brain pan.
>>
>>337562196
>4 wisdom teeth
Try fucking six. I couldn't eat for for fucking days straight.
>>
ARE YOU ALL COMPLETELY AUTISTIC

they use teeth pulling for torture and u are all here ''sitting naah mang doesn't hurt dude bro xD''

stop acting though it hurts a fuck ton
>>
>brought my PSP with me for my wisdom teeth extraction a few years ago
>get knocked out with laughing gas
>apparently still tried to play Burnout, reaching for my pockets, during the surgery
>jaw was so strong that I bent the brace the dentist used to hold open my mouth.

As for OP, be sure to stock up on pain pills (the first few days are painful after surgery), pudding, soups, Instant breakfast. You'll likely be fine after a week or week and a half. Have fun
>>
>>337566972
What are anaesthetics
>>
>>337566898
Did you have them removed all at once?

Had my 6 removed at two separate occasions.
>>
File: FeelsBirthdayMan.jpg (34 KB, 736x737) Image search: [Google]
FeelsBirthdayMan.jpg
34 KB, 736x737
>>337566727
>tfw still have all milk tooth
>>
>>337567017
Yeah he used 6+ shots and i could still feel the pain
>>
>>337566865
I think I'd rather just get the gas
I dont even care if its like 500 dollars
Since I think its still under the gum so they will have to cut it and use a drill or something
Also I fucking hate the fact that Im watching someone fuck shit up inside my face
>>
I'm 30 and still have my wisdom teeth. Git gud scrubs.
>>
File: 1386527371146.jpg (12 KB, 296x296) Image search: [Google]
1386527371146.jpg
12 KB, 296x296
>>337562196
>fucked up on pain killers
What?
Are you American by any chance?
I got 3 pulled out under local anesthetic, 1 hour later the anesthetic was gone and the pain started, and it was just a mild discomfort for a several hours. How much of a pussy can you be?
>>
>haven't been to the dentist in 5 years
>should really have had my wisdom teeth pulled because they're all in varying states of fucked up
>never brush so my teeth constantly get chipped on shit and get coated in plaque
Fuck teeth. I hate these stupid fucking things.
>>
>>337563647
>I've heard it is a pretty painful procedure.

The pain goes away pretty abruptly once they juice the nerve and slurp it out of the tooth with the vacuum hose.

You never really get used to the lack of sensation in the tooth when chewing afterward though.
>>
File: Topgun middlefinger.jpg (26 KB, 273x449) Image search: [Google]
Topgun middlefinger.jpg
26 KB, 273x449
>>337563118
Nice bait, Nobody is this stupid.
>>
>>337562505
Had two removed with local anesthetics.
I was operated by a Russian dentist who barely spoke any Finnish and had a nurse translate for him most of the stuff.

It was the best dentist experience i have ever had.
>>
The dentist is the greatest scam in the history of medicine. Seriously, just don't drink soda and you don't have to worry about it. Haven't been in 11 years and nothing has happened.
>>
Who actually flosses their teeth here?
>>
>>337565470
Holy shit I've been looking for this movie, based on that particular scene from some vague childhood memory, for like 2 decades. Thanks, Anon.
>>
>>337567450
With the alternative to a dentist being the local blacksmith pulling your rotten tooth out with pliers without any anesthetics beyond alcohol.

Nice try tooth troll, you wont get my teeth!
>>
>>337567572

erryday

It's like scratching an itch for me.
>>
>>337567224
Why are you acting like this is your first post in this thread when the cat images clearly show that you posted earlier?
>>
>>337567572
I do, very frequently since I eat fruits. Apple skin often gets stuck in my teeth. I just carry a few of those plastic flossing picks in my back pocket everywhere I go.
>>
>>337567572
Me. Just buy floss picks, literally no reason not to floss.
>>
File: 1462642313842.gif (548 KB, 245x176) Image search: [Google]
1462642313842.gif
548 KB, 245x176
>>337562369
mine grew in almost completely sideways and hurt like a motherfucker. But I mean hey, you're the doctor.
>>
>>337565882
>>337566002
>>337566435
>>337566625
Fuck off you degenerates. We have non brain-melting, scientifically-tested painkillers for that. Go be a pothead somewhere else. Have some self respect weed is for niggers.
>>
Something fast and brutal like quake 3 to discharge the pain in anger on your victims.
>>
>>337567572
I've grown somewhat of an addiction to flossing ever since I started buying those little toothpickers with the little flosser on the other end. Shit is like crack and my teeth are better for it.
>>
File: alcohol award.png (129 KB, 469x750) Image search: [Google]
alcohol award.png
129 KB, 469x750
>>337567720
Whatever Quentin
>>
>>337567572
I never really did up until I had a root canal last month. Now I do it every night.
>>
>>337567720
But there are medicinal strains of marijuana specifically designed to treat pain. They even have strains that target specific areas of the body.
>>
>>337562369
Mine was growing sideways to my cheek.
My cheek ended up getting infected and swollen.
I had to use disinfecting mouthwash for a week before i could go to the dentist chair and get it pulled out.
>>
>>337565969
I was merely joking but yeah, I've never had any problems with mine. I guess they can still develop some spots that you can't clean very well so it's better to remove them anyway, dunno
>>
>>337562196
>pulling your wisdom teeth

You realize we evolved them so we can have some reliable chompers in old age, right?
>>
>>337562196
I had a tooth taken out without painkillers or anasthetics.
Fuck that shit
>>
Diablo while watching Game of Thrones
>>
>>337567720
*tip* for you my straight laced companion
>>
>willingly going to the dentist, aka the local flouride distribution center

Keep drinking the koolaid kiddos.
>>
>>337567885
Wisdom teeth are vestigal anon, they do not serve any purpose. They are not even suitable for chewing since they crack so easily.
>>
File: 1445785949042.jpg (216 KB, 740x1024) Image search: [Google]
1445785949042.jpg
216 KB, 740x1024
play kirby return to dremland its pretty comfy
>>
File: 1.jpg (23 KB, 301x267) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
23 KB, 301x267
>>337567720
Opiates will melt your brain better than weed could ever hope to. My exit strategy if I fuck up badly enough is a syringe of the trashiest heroin I can find.
>>
>>337567820
>They even have strains that target specific areas of the body.

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahaha.
>>
>>337568248
I am glad that you are glad, my friend. I have opened your mind to new avenues.
>>
>Smoke weed
>Become stupid
>Defend weed because you are stupid now

Damn, vicious circle
>>
>>337568354
Were talking about smoking wisdom teeth you fucking retard.
>>
>>337568059
You're a big guy
>>
>>337568248
The "They" he's talking about are just backyard-growers and the effect he's describing is called "a Placebo".
>>
>>337568534
Here we go, another victim of weed induced idiocy defending it
>>
File: Settlers 6 2.jpg (139 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
Settlers 6 2.jpg
139 KB, 1000x750
>>337565371
Ok OP, here's another good game for ya.

City builders.
Be it Tropico, Settlers, SimCity from 1 to 4 (do not even dare think of getting 5) or Anno, they are all comfy as fuck and pretty chill.
>>
>>337568354
truth
>>
Literally just got all of mine pulled three days ago

The worst part is having to taste blood in your mouth every time you burp
>>
>>337568323
No you fool. I laugh because there is no such thing as pain targeting when it comes to things that aren't injected locally. Head ache, stomach ache, joint pain, period pain, muscle soreness and injury painkillers have been chemically examined and all found to have the same ingredients. Anything you inhale or sallow can only create general pain relief.
>>
I dont know whats worse, the dead-nerved autists or Quentin's dog gobblers.
>>
>>337562313
Try having six of the fuckers pulled.

it was hell on earth
>>
I got sedated and had them taken out in hospital. The doctors warned me I might feel strange from the drugs but I felt fine when I woke up. I wanted to leave straight away but this young nurse told me I wasn't ready and I had to eat something and go to the toilet before they could let me go. She kept insisting that I might still be fucked up on drugs and didn't know what I was doing and I should just lay down and relax, but I hate hospitals. She even asked if I needed help taking a piss. I should've asked her to hold my dick. When I was leaving she told me to be careful about posting anything on social media because I might not be thinking straight. The recovery I had was pretty smooth so I didn't need any strong painkillers. So I didn't get to trip out on drugs when I had my wisdom teeth out.
>>
>>337568894
There's only 4 wisdom teeth.
>>
>>337568969
My sister had 5
>>
>>337568969
NOT FOR ME APPARENTLY.

I GUESS IM A FUCKING MUTANT.
>>
>>337562196
Two teeth, one each at the very back of my upper gums have grown outwards and sometimes the left one bites into the inside of my cheek. One has grown at the back of the lower left jaw but hasn't fully come out so there is gum overlapping it. I know I'm going to have to get them removed at some point but some of the experiences in this thread are really disconcerting. I know there's going to have to be some slicing and dicing with that last one. Shit.
>>
>>337567770
this so much
>>
>>337569157
The dentist won't care about a tooth that isn't erupted.
>>
>>337568731
>how do drug receptors work?
>>
>>337569119
ye-yeah
>>
>>337567720
>t. I don't read what I'm replying to
>>
>>337569243
>"drug receptor"

Again, hahahahahahahahah.
>>
>not all my milk teeth drop out so my adult teeth come in angled
>have to have to milk teeth removed
>woman dentist snaps one of them in two trying to remove it
>need two wisdom teeth removed later
>"Hey wow these really don't want to come out! Guess we'll need to remove some of your jaw bone"
>still have no fillings

Thanks for the, invincible teeth genes, parents?
>>
>>337562196
>4 in one day

Do you have a mexican dentist?
>>
>>337562196
unless your dentist is a complete fuckup, or you are unknowingly very resistant to novocaine and it's derivatives, having your wisdom teeth out will actually be pretty painless. even the dull ache afterward isn't really that bad, considering all the bony chunks that were ripped out of your face.
>>
>>337566398
It seems I got lucky with my wisdom teeth. It was weird waking up from the anesthetic and barely being able to stand, and there was some blood for a while, but I didn't really have much pain. It helped that the surgeon and his assistant were very nice, and I also knew the assistant because we once worked in the same store, though not the same department. I had to have him pull a regular tooth recently, and that wasn't bad either. The actual process of pulling it probably only took about two minutes, maybe less.

>>337566456
Not the guy you're replying to, but thanks for making me aware of this. I'm going to need a lot of work soon (fucking depression making me neglect brushing) and this might be worth considering. I can really relate to dental anxiety. I think mine developed after a rather unpleasant experience with my first fillings, where the dentist had to aggressively shove things into my mouth because I couldn't get my tongue out of the way or something. The fact that my mouth is kind of small doesn't help matters.
>>
>>337562496
>If you cant keep your wisdom teeth you have bad genes.
Or just a small mouth. That's how it was for me - there just wasn't enough room for them.
>>
>>337570432
baby mouf :3c
>>
File: magalenian_girl.jpg (23 KB, 200x165) Image search: [Google]
magalenian_girl.jpg
23 KB, 200x165
>>337563234
Here's an x-ray of the jaw of a 15,000 year old european woman with impacted wisdom teeth.

I'm sure there was much suffering for most people with wisdom tooth problems back then.
>>
>>337569387
A simple Google search would enlighten you my jolly friend.
>>
>>337568969
I had 7
>>
>>337562196
What pain killers are you taking to get fucked up?

I've been prescribed ibuprofen when I got my wisdom teeth taken out.
>>
>>337562735
Did she also get kind of maternal and tell you you were doing a good job dealing with it? Because that's nice, too. I'm kind of embarrassed about feeling a need for that, but dental stuff is kind of a weak point for me.
>>
>>337569226
Why not? Sometimes it gets inflamed after eating.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 412x351
>getting wisdom tooth pulled out
>doctor cracks tooth and the shards dig deep into the gums which I can still feel pain
>has to inject two more shots into that area
>tfw he dropped some tooth shards back into the hole and had to fish them out again

This shit is painful
>>
>>337563234
your teeth fell out due to bad dental hygiene so there was more room in your mouth
>>
>>337562196
The wisdom teeth removing is the biggest scam ever invented by the dental care industry. I still mine and they never caused me any trouble, I'm 30.
>>
>>337569119
>>337570656
I had 10. After the 4 first Wisdom Teeth, they're called Supernumerary Teeth
>>
File: 1454923782524.png (240 KB, 428x456) Image search: [Google]
1454923782524.png
240 KB, 428x456
>>337562196
Idk about you, but I was playing loads of XCOM when I got mine out. I didn't worry about ranges so much, so I took some risks that ended up working out.
>>
>>337563647

I had some absolutely unbearable toothache a couple months ago and the root canal they treated me with felt heavenly in comparison. Just a few seconds of stinging for the injections and then I could just feel the pain melting away followed by possibly the most comfortable procedure I've ever had there. He must've used some strong shit because I had no pain at all while he was carving up nerves in my tooth.
>>
>>337562505
It depends. Mine didn't really hurt as much as it did ache, partly because you don't move your mouth much.
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 400x250
Why the fuck am I still reading this scary-ass tooth shit
>>
>>337570835
if they don't suck ass and they use modern anesthetic it's fine
>>
I got the top 6 removed but I have to go back for the bottom 6 amd to get my canines filed down again. Send help.
>>
>>337570234
I had to get a gastroscopy a few months ago, niggers gave me a sedative that completely knocked me the fuck out

I had a complete black-out and the first thing I remember after getting that sedative is me going home an hour later or so

It's been months and I still have absolutely no memory of anything that went on in that office
>>
>>337571023
You are a dumb ass if you think your life experiences are the same as everyone else.

Wisdom teeth can cause some of the worst pain imaginable, which can only be cured by removing them.

Of course if you haven't had the pain then you don't need them out.
>>
>>337571023
>my teeth are okay therefore it's all a big scam, you guys must be lying!
>>
>>337571023
29 here and I still have mine, one of which is impacted and didn't cause problems until recently (swollen/infected gum at the impacted tooth despite proper cleaning, NOT FUN).

So I wouldn't call it a scam. It's not needed for everyone in every case, sure, but it's also not a bad preventative measure to prevent problems like I had. Complications can be much worse.
>>
>>337571030
How the fuck do you even fit 10 in there? It must be extremely crowded.
>>
>>337571138
Because you are into torture stories obviously :3
>>
If I pull those out, will you die?
>>
>>337571387
It would be extremely painful.
>>
>>337562196
>while in pain and fucked up on pain killers
It's completely painless. Only unconfortable due to swelling.

Source: I got my 4 removed too.
>>
I have one on the upper right side. It took me ages to even notice that an extra one had appeared.

No pain or other issues at all, would it be necessary to still get it removed?
>>
>tfw my wisdom teeth have been fucking me up with soreness and puffy cheeks for months but my parents dont want to do anything about it because "the dentists only want to take them out for money"
>>
File: 1456769043970.jpg (9 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
1456769043970.jpg
9 KB, 223x226
>>337562196

> mfw my mother never had wisdom teeth and I won't have them either
>>
>>337571554
You both probably have them buried inside. Which means a deficit in growth hormone.

Manlet detected.
>>
File: Arnold-Schwarzenegger-predator.jpg (31 KB, 337x425) Image search: [Google]
Arnold-Schwarzenegger-predator.jpg
31 KB, 337x425
>All these little girls

Any MEN here who didn't need their wisdom teeth removed? You know, those of us without little fuccboi jaws.
>>
>>337571387
...novacane?
>>
>>337571856
how crooked are you teef mate?
>>
>>337571431
You should have it looked at atleast, that shit can really fuck you

One of my wisdom teeth came out too without me noticing, and by the time I realized it was there I had a fuckhuge hole in it

Took 2 months until I finally had it removed, and because I had a tooth with a fuckhuge hole full of caries that spread everywhere in my mouth for months I got fucking parodontitis

The medication I had to take to get rid of that shit was fucking horrible and completely fucked me up
>>
>>337571856
My mouth is pure too brother. We must purge the infidels.
>>
>wahhh muh wisdom teeth

I had braces for 8 fucking years. You don't even know pain.
>>
>>337571892
My teeth are perfectly aligned, with straight wisdom teeth at the back.

My question for you, little boy, is how little and receded is your jawline?
>>
>>337571723

Nah, don't even show up on xray, never really developed.
>>
File: shark jaw.jpg (133 KB, 485x632) Image search: [Google]
shark jaw.jpg
133 KB, 485x632
>>337571856
Checking in.
>>
>>337571431
Not necessarily unless you have complications. You may need an x-ray to determine if you have any impacted teeth to make an accurate diagnosis. You can have an impacted tooth that hasn't erupted, so either way, you should see a dentist.
>>
Dentist here. It's a scam and we charge a small fortune for the procedure. Most people don't need them removed. Lol.
>>
File: 1422068855941.gif (31 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1422068855941.gif
31 KB, 500x492
>>337562196
>tfw top teeth have permanent visible acid corrosion from drinking too much soda/juice as a kid and not brushing enough
>>
>>337571942
>>337572227
Fuck me. I'll get to it as soon as possible.
>>
File: jaw-diagram[1].jpg (112 KB, 1200x895) Image search: [Google]
jaw-diagram[1].jpg
112 KB, 1200x895
>>337572058
not sure how to answer

what criteria do i use to ascertain the manliness of my jaw?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.