[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am i the only one who miss tie in? Most of them was garbage,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: 17962_front.jpg (98 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
17962_front.jpg
98 KB, 640x908
Am i the only one who miss tie in?
Most of them was garbage, but sometimes..
>>
Lotr movie games were great. On the ps2 at least

Didn't you have any friends to play with?
>>
the harry potter games were fucking fantastic until ... goblet of fire, i think
>>
File: LOTR-Return-of-the-King.jpg (73 KB, 640x635) Image search: [Google]
LOTR-Return-of-the-King.jpg
73 KB, 640x635
This game was just 10/10.

Multiplayer on Pelennor Fields was maximum comfy.
>>
File: SUPREME MEME.jpg (46 KB, 525x540) Image search: [Google]
SUPREME MEME.jpg
46 KB, 525x540
>>337559679
/Thread. Literally took the words out of my mouth. Literally nothing else to say here. Literally literally dick in my ear.
>>
>>337558971
imo the return of the king was better.

>>337559679
This anon knows!
>>
>>337559679
is that the one with the final fight in a volcano?
I had a lot of fun playing that with a m8, despite knowing nothing about LOTR
>>
>>337560564
I think it did indeed have a last battle against gollum in the mount doom.

Damn, it's been ages since i last played that game that i am starting to forget shit.
>>
>>337559679
Indeed glorious game.
>>
>>337558971
Yeah i do. You would think the Marvel movies or the new Star Wars would get a game at least

I still want a Jaws game
>>
File: Jedipowercov.jpg (17 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
Jedipowercov.jpg
17 KB, 250x249
I GET TO BE WINDU
>>
File: 10028_front.jpg (93 KB, 640x452) Image search: [Google]
10028_front.jpg
93 KB, 640x452
>>337558971
I miss them, too. We need more good tie-ins like The Two Towers and The Return of the King where you play as the main characters and do the things the main characters did in the movie. Not games that are just in the same universe, where you play as a non-canon guy and do non-canon stuff. In pic related, you didn't even get to destroy the main bad guy ship.
>>
File: t-14.jpg (85 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
t-14.jpg
85 KB, 800x600
Controls and camera aside, I think The Phantom Menace was a great example of a proper tie-in. You play as the main characters, you do most of the stuff that was in the movie, plus lots of other side stories that add content but don't take anything away. Too bad you don't get to drive or fly anything, but Lucasarts released specialized Episode I games to cover those things.
>>
>>337558971
That and ROtK were the last batch of good EA games I've ever played. The GBA games were good, too, but were much closer to action-rpgs.
>>
Why are all movie games now shit Lego games?
>>
File: door.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
door.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>337558971
Fuck that mission where you had to guard the door.
>>
>>337559823
calm down faggot. king kong was better
>>
>>337562542
There were two missions were you had to guard the door, the one after it has a troll fall down and break it anyway
>>
>>337562402
This. Can't they at least make a mode where it's possible to lose?
>>
>>337558971
This was great, had a friend who worked at cinema, once they let us hook up an xbox in one of the unused screens late night and we played this. Was fun.
>>
>>337562343
Oh man, I remember my mom let me buy one game for my gba before we went to my step dad's family for christmas back in '03(I think). I was a huge lotr fan even back then, and picked this up because it was a fucking lotr game on the gameboy. I still play it from time to time. So much nostalgia with this.

I still have my first Legolas save. Who knows how many times I've played through the game on that one save.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.