[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I hear absolutely nothing about this game anymore?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 322x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 322x400
Why do I hear absolutely nothing about this game anymore?
>>
When even a thread about a dead game is dead...
>>
>>337555861
Because everything that has been said has been said. Unless you want useless circlejerking and shitposting to clutter the board with every day.
>>
>>337555861
it's a one year old rpg.
we talked about it for 3 months, as opposed to the usual 3 days action games usually get.
>>
>>337555861
People played it and moved on. Like, every game ever. Same happened to the first Xenoblade too. You see daily Xenoblade Chronicles threads? No. Hell, you don't even see daily GTAV threads. It doesn't mean the game is dead though.
>>
File: Img_field02_shiro_01.jpg (138 KB, 710x399) Image search: [Google]
Img_field02_shiro_01.jpg
138 KB, 710x399
Because i spent 450 hours on it,and got burnt out. Maybe it's the same for others.
>>
Hello?
>>
>>337555861
Oh yea I still need to finish that game...
I'm stuck and dont know where to go, maybe start a new game
>>
I still haven't bought it because people are telling me the music is shit.
>>
The story was absolute garbage.
>>
File: my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg (13 KB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg
13 KB, 268x268
>>337557587
>>
>>337555861
Last night I spent 3 hours playing it
>>
I only bought it a few weeks back. Japanese version.

Don't have a japanese Wii U yet. Guess I'll be playing this on christmas.
>>
I actually started it yesterday. I'm enjoying the gameplay, but I don't really like the music. The story isn't very interesting either. I see myself finishing it and being done.
>>
>>337558017
Finishing the main story*
>>
the game does everything it can to be a shonen anime, it's a bit endearing in small doses.
>>
File: 1460606592741.jpg (32 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
1460606592741.jpg
32 KB, 240x240
>>337557837
Music is pretty important Jackie Chan
>>
>>337557587
IMO that's only in NLA (the main city) be it on the day or night but most of the other songs are not that bad and some are pretty good, you could try listening to the soundtrack on youtube

For me the big flaw in this game is that they put music during cutscenes and you can't hear the characters dialog , there is no volume slider either
>>
>>337557587
>>337558017
am i really the only person who digs the music? i can see how someone might find it kinda monotonous, but i really do like it.
>>
>>337555861
im searching for an uncensored version of the game to load up on loadiine
>>
>>337557587
Stop believing people on internet ;)
>>
>>337557587
It's Sawano. In Xenoblade, there are really amazing fucking tracks. Then there are a few shit tracks.

But there are more good tracks than bad tracks. Still, I did enjoy the game nonetheless.
>>
Because its a singleplayer RPG that has been out for over half a year.

You dont see any underfail threads either do you? And that is supposed to be the PC mustard rice game of the year
>>
>>337556740
I played about 140 hours and got burned out.
Still planning on picking it up again, maybe after I finish FE Fates or something.
>>
>>337555861
Well because everyone is done with it, but if you really want we could EAT TATSU!
>>
because the trailer fucking spoils part of the game.
>>
>>337555861
I got a good 150 hours out of it. After crafting an Ares 90 and a bunny outfit I was pretty much done.

Great game but it's almost unplayable without the internet since quests are so vague on where to go half the time. It also has like 0 replay value.
>>
>>337558579
Sawano had a one hit wonder with Unicorn. Everything else he produces is just recycled trash.

I can count the amount of good tracks in the game on 2 hands. Also adding vocals to a non credits song was a massive mistake.
>>
>>337558361
Tbh its mostly the LA music that i hate
>>
played around 80-90 hours
i'm good
what do you expect ?
https://youtu.be/LsUw4Hzex0M?list=WL
>>
>>337559574
YEAH

UH

UH

UH

UH

UH
>>
>>337558151
Oh is that jackie chan? Had no idea
>>
STUCK ON A WHOLE DIFFERENT PLAAAAANET
>>
You don't see many threads mostly because it gets shitposted to high heaven, but right now most kiddies are asleep.
>>
It was a decent game, but I was disappointed in many aspects of it. Story was rubbish and the post game content was very bad. Just farming 100+ items to make one augment over and over to make an OP build for your character/skell. It wasn't fun. Skell combat also sucked, it was just spamming arts.

Still worth playing, it's a fun game for the most part. Just fuck about doing the side quests was worth it.
>>
>>337557587
Overall the music isn't shit, the problem is the music that you will hear the most is shit.
>>
>>337557587
Area themes are great, battle themes are pretty good, everything else is pretty awful, especially the music in cutscenes.
Its not that the composer sucks, its that half the music in the game doesn't belong there and does its own thing which is often really distracting from the game itself.
>>
Most of the people who play it are in the /vg/ threads posting their meme builds.

Also the story's nothing to write home about so you mainly have to talk about gameplay... which isn't /v/'s strongest point.
>>
>>337555861
everyone was super hyped until the jap version came out and it wasn't as good as everyone expected.

and then the game got raped during noa localization.
>>
>>337558361
The soundtrack sounds self indulgent as fuck and I love it.
The actual implementation off the audio was a shambles though. The music regularly drowns out people talking and you get the same grandiose "Humanity will live on" orchestral music swells when you've rescued a cat or delivered pizza.

Which is a shame because the cutscenes in XC where some of the most well done I've seen in a long time.
>>
>>337555861
Because it's not an endless game, it's just 150-200 hours long. Most people on /v/ have already did everything the game offers, or atleast enough content to satisfy them. If we were to continue discussing it we'd turn into the circlejerk cesspit that is Xenoblade general on /vg/ where people are just posting screenshots of their female characters and roleplaying.
>>
>>337558361
I liked the music. I only hated it during cutscenes because often it was too loud and I couldn't hear what characters were saying. That was stupid.

I still prefer the first games ost, but this was also good and it's nice to have a jrpg soundtrack be vocal/different and not awful like personas
>>
>>337556740
>450 hours
How had you not 100%-ed Mira in that time?

>>337558361
Hit and miss, some tracks are good, some tracks are great, some tracks are good until the rap starts, and some of them are NLA night

>>337561851
I watched cutscenes on the gamepad with subtitles on so I had no idea this was even meant to be a problem until people started posting it.

>>337561778
I do want to restart, so I can fix a few mistakes I made mainly letting Gus die, and letting the BLADE woman get away with kidnapping the garbage man
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.