[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/v/ will never be as good as it was in late 2011 and early
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: tortanic.jpg (65 KB, 500x714) Image search: [Google]
tortanic.jpg
65 KB, 500x714
>/v/ will never be as good as it was in late 2011 and early 2012

I never thought I'd be nostalgic for dank memes.
>>
>>337553967
>late 2011 and early 2012

You mean complete shit with 50% of the threads being not vidya, why don't you have a gf, le feels, trap thread, lol general and shitty kotaku bait?
>>
Tortanic ruined /v/ forever.
>>
/v/ was never good.
>>
File: neversaynever.png (30 KB, 904x354) Image search: [Google]
neversaynever.png
30 KB, 904x354
I found the tortanic stuff to be some of the best times in /v/. The shitstorm was amazing since we hadn't moved into the bait/cuck/DELETE THIS T_T era we are in now.
>>
Fuck no it was just as bad then as it is now. Get the fuck out while you can
>>
Wasn't this also before Pokémon had its own board? Yeah I'm fine without all that fucking spam.
>>
I miss the DmC fiasco
>>
>>337554113
Yes. Video game discussion is boring.
>>
>>337554217
>>337554218

/v/ is better now than it was before the splits of /vp/ and /vg/ as the front page finally opened up to not be 50% generals and 50% pokemon.

I'm still not sure about effect of the /vr/ split, but at least it reduced traffic a little.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (251 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
251 KB, 960x540
>>337553967
Remember all the fun people had predicting things? How DAI was going to make a comeback and smash W3?
>>
File: TOR player biography.jpg (3 MB, 1878x2850) Image search: [Google]
TOR player biography.jpg
3 MB, 1878x2850
>>
>>337554218
Mods on any other website would have implemented filters and aggressively banned the spammers

I mean come on, they fucking rewarded those faggots making 24/7 ME threads with their own board basically

And now Dark Shit floods the board and nothing is done. Shit mods have been the death of this board
>>
>>337554394
THRILLING!
>>
>>337554360
not really, but I do remember supposed dragon age 2 fans vanishing into thin air when witcher 2 came out.
>>
>>337553967
But that was probably the darkest period of /v/'s history, as much as I enjoyed Tortanic threads. It was absolutely atrocious, there were still tripfags about, barely any posts were about vidya and forced memes like Shiggydiggy were rampant.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.