[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Top 5 Soulsborne bosses and why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 21
File: ludwig the accursed-holy blade.jpg (155 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ludwig the accursed-holy blade.jpg
155 KB, 1280x720
Post your top 5 soulsborne bosses and 1-3 sentences why you love them,
1. Abyss Watchers. The music for the boss is amazing and really hits the atmosphere for this fallen legion. The first phase switch between hostile and friendly mod is super unique and made for very novel and fun boss. The second phase is honestly equal to and arguably more fun and challenging than Maria
2. Ludwig the Holy Blade. Honestly the hardest BB boss for me next Orphan (yet to beat) but every attempt was fun every time. Mechanically, and lore wise, the phase shift is perfect. Not only does it provide a very drastic shift in combat but the atmosphere shift builds so much hype.
3. Champion fucking Grundyr. Do I really need tot say? I thought I booted up SFV with all his frametraps .
4. The Martyr Logarius. Culminating boss to one of the games only major plot lines. Rewards high level play and parrying. (con't)
>>
Abyss Watchers are way easier than Maria. 2nd phase has practically no health and hardly any poise. Still a great boss fight though.
>>
(con't)
Taught me the visceral rune combo that would later trivialize Gerhman and Maria.
5. Maiden Astrea and her loyal knight- Garl Vinland. S tier atmosphere. Seriously, the fight itself is pretty good but nothing special but damn does the dialogue and music really build up something special. Fuck Sif, this fight is the original guilt trip fight.
I apologize for all my grammatical and mechanical flaws, I am drunk.
>>
>>337548442
>Soulsborne
Kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>337548442
Ludwig, Gundyr and Logarius are great, but I honestly can't believe that people consider Abyss Watchers more than a decent boss.
>>
>>337548778
>raging over words
Autism at its finest.
>>
I liked Bed of Chaos.
>>
>>337548569
>no poise
I just beat them tonight on my 2nd char that's str and pyro and yes I see now that any larger weapon destroys them on stunlock. I also found this fight much harder than Maria. Like I said in my second post, the rune that gives heals on visceral attacks nuls any boss applicable. You can burn health for free bullets, shoot them and get the health back in literal seconds. It also made Gerhman a cake walk.
>>
Just beat champ gundy after like 10 deaths, how come it seemed like I couldn't roll on to my feet when he knocked me down? Sometimes I swear I was forced to just lie there and slowly get up while he begins another combo.
>>
>>337548442
>gwyn : music/fight
>gerhman : "Tonight gerhman joins the hunt"
>darklurker : "lore"
>the lost king : all around badass boss fight
>smores and oreos : hey you whatcha gone do
>>
1.Fume Knight
2.Sir Alonne
3.Soul of Cinder
4.Champ Gundyr
5.Artorias

haven't played BB and didn't really like any DeS bosses
>>
>>337549127
That's how I died my 1 time to him. It seems he can just hit you on get up unless it has the tightest dodge window in the game.
>>
>>337549180
>Darklurker
>lore
>>
>>337549239
Boring
>>
File: 1460634667442 - Copy.png (8 KB, 599x791) Image search: [Google]
1460634667442 - Copy.png
8 KB, 599x791
>>337549358
i know i know. just a theory a friend i had.
>>
Martyr Logarius- One of the best areas in soulsborne and just a really cool fight.

Fume Knight-the lore behind him, the difficulty, fume is the one true GOAT of das2 bosses

Kenan and Kel- feel like I don't really have to explain this one

Artorias-dat lore dat cool character dat moveset

Twin princes/Soul of Cinder
Cop out answer but both fights are mechanically tight as fuck offer really intense moments and both have an interesting back story to boot.
>>
>>337548796
I don't know they honestly just felt like a watered down Maria to me. Still fun though
>>
>>337548442
1.Ludwig
2.Twin Princes
3.O&S
4.Sir Alonne
5.Looking Glass Knight
>>
>>337549780
man fuck the looking glass knight fight when he fucking summons a real player into the fight.
>>
1. Orphan of Kos
2. Sir Alonne
3. Ludwig
4. Manus
5. Champion Gundyr
The top 5 and Top only good boss's
>>
Fume Knight - The only hard boss in DaS2, cool background and only memorable knight boss in the game
NK - Fucking badass intro, hits like a truck and you fight him on a stream of motherfucking clouds
Artorias - Build up to the fight was amazing, pretty fast paced fight
SoC - Only hard Final boss that can't be cheesed by parrying, huge moveset and awesome battlefield
Gehrman - Top notch atmosphere and pretty hard if you can't parry him

Didn't play BB's DLC or DeS
>>
5 bosses that were pretty neat:
1. Sif
2. Nameless King
3. Fat Hammer Man & Nimble Spear Guy
4. Iudex Gundyr
5. Orphan of Kosm
>>
File: dark souls x stalker wallpaper.jpg (306 KB, 1919x1079) Image search: [Google]
dark souls x stalker wallpaper.jpg
306 KB, 1919x1079
1. Pikachu and Snorlax, so much fun and dat music.

2. Soul of Cinder. Culmination of everything (kinda) and dat music

3.Sif. Very emotional, especially after the DLC.

4.Lady Maria. Very good music and very fun learning her patterns and parry timings. (shes a good waifu too)

5. Looking Glass Knight. Very memorable and had a nice gimmick. Plus the trailers had me hype and it was good and fun.
>>
1. Mirror Knight
2. Ludwig the accursed
3. O&S
4. Ice King and the gate to Hell
5. Maiden Astraea

>Why were the bosses in three so disapointing?
>>
>>337548442
1.Soul of Cinder
The music is amazing to me for a final boss,it's bombastic enough to make it feel epic,then decrescendos into a somber theme that has motifs of Gwyn's theme. The fight was extremely fun due to it switching weapons a lot. I found it a great way to end the series, did not disappoint.

2.Nameless King(by himself)
The music was almost waltzy with its winding notes. That are amazingly complimented by the harpischord wick gives it an alien feel. He was fun in that he punished you for reflex rolling instead of delaying. His moveset was fun to dodge also.

3. Lady Maria
A fast and challenging fight, given you don't cheese her. She is very aggressive and also fun to dodge. The music creates a feeling of sadness amidst the chaotic latin reciting, kind of like a kill you wish you didn't have to commit.

4. Ornstein and Smough
My best friend and I tag teamed this boss countless times. And we were the short stocky and tall lanky guy combo.

5. Gehrman, the first hunter
A boss that whupped my ass countless times. Need not say more.
>>
1.Ludwig
2.Orphan of Kos
3.Ornstein and Smough
4.Nameless King
5.False King Allant
>>
>>337548442
Abyss watchers were piss easy... it could ahve been more fun if there was more of them in the fight early on, but sadly you never got to fight the legion, just a handful.
>>
File: sudoku.jpg (281 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
sudoku.jpg
281 KB, 500x500
1. Sir Alonne. I had a lot of fun defeating him without taking damage, it's really satisfying to see him sudoku himself. You also have to watch him really closely for rolls, since he has atleast 2 attacks that have the same charge animation but different execution.

2. Gwyn. Music, arena, his design and fighting style makes for a really unforgettable fight. Melancholic piano, rugged old man fighting really agressively and that fire sword slashing in dark. I didn't know I could parry him but I'd say it was a lot more fun that way.

3. Kalameet. I just love slaying huge dragons. And you get to see Gough fuck shit up.

4. O&S. Hard fights aren't easy to forget, there is nothing more satisfying than beating them alone after multiple tries. Also love how the fight changes based on who dies first.

5. Dancer of the boreal valley. Everything about this fight is well done, the way she moves and how her footsteps echo, dual wielding in second phase setting surrounding pillars on fire, and that backround music. She's one of those bosses that are beautiful to look at.

Shame DaS3 didn't have all that many good bosses, though second phase music change is a well executed idea.
>>
I don't think I liked anything from 3 as much as BBs bosses.

1 - Ludwig
2 - Gehrman
3 - Orphan
4 - Maria
5 - Cleric Beast
>>
>>337548442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3nR_4F1anI
>>
1. Fume Knight - His large moveset makes him really fun to fight and he's cool. Best UGS and best Straight Sword

2. Maiden Astrea - Music, Atmosphere, Characters, etc It's so fucking good. Did I mention the music. Cause I fucking love it.

3. The Penetrator - Fucking love "his" track. His attacks and his weapon. The way he looks.

4. Lothric/Lorian - I really enjoyed their fight mechanically. It felt fresh somehow. It also didn't abuse tracking hard as fuck.

5. Quelaag - She's cool af. Love the Chaos sisters storywise. Wish she was optional since you can join the damn covenant for her sister.
>>
>>337553198
Genuinely curious, are those two the only games you played? I can understand the first four, but I have a hard time seeing how anyone liked Cleric Beast better than any others from the other games.
>>
>>337553432
Cleric beast is a very iconic boss.
>>
>>337553432
Cleric Beast has the best OST in the series, one of the best backdrops in the series, his moveset is extremely fun, and visually the fight is just amazing.

I've played all the games and I have over 3500 hours in the series.

Most bosses in 3 were boring knights with bloated health pools and some annoying gimmicky mechanics like teleporting or random flying trees shooting one-shot explosions at you off-screen.

in BB, bosses had more health too, but there were multiple different ways of doing a lot of damage.
The stuns in 3 get you like 2 more R1s and thats it, while in BB if you break a limb, you will deal more damage to that limb up until the boss heals it.

Little things like that are what separates BB in my book.
Not to mention I fucking despise the bosses in 3 on an SL1 run.
>>
>>337548442
1. Maria
2. Flamelurker
3. Ludwig
4. Smelter
5. Orny and Smough

Reason: I liked them
>>
File: 262281_1.jpg (58 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
262281_1.jpg
58 KB, 630x630
Only played DS1, BB

1. The Black Dragon, Khalameet

Wonderfully telegraphed dragonfight. Took me a whole night, already tired and worn out by the previous bossfights (Artorias was great. All the dlc bosses were great.), and my faith-claymore/ -Mace did fuck all damage, but I came through eventually. Magnificent Beast.

2. Bell Gargoyles. Yes, actually. Granted, more of an honourable mention. "Hi, welcome to DarkSouls. Now lie down and spread your asscheeks, I'm gonna show you the ropes." Many tries, fucking stressed out, being fresh to the game. Is this really for me? Oup, here comes the bosskill, there comes the Adrenaline Rush. Fuuuuck. MORE.

3. Queelag, daughter of Chaos. Being the culmination of the most ptsd inducing area I ever had to trespass, she looked great, and I really liked her set, though she's certainly not the most challenging by far.

4. O&S. There's overhype out there, but if I try to look at them sober, it's still an incredible, gutcrushing bossfight, with awesome setting and presentation. It's probably the Hype speaking, but TO ME, they could potentially be the quintessential From Software bossfight.

5. Gehrman, the first Hunter.
It's cool how from regularly pulls it of to have final Bosses with roughly comparable skillset, a humanoid mano a mano fight.
The atmosphere around the Gehrman fight is amazing, music, scenery. But also this crazy plot-dynamic of 1. old frail man is actually the fucking One-Tier Fighter, 2. he's not evil at all (I'm settled on that, no matter how much ambiguity the Lore has), and him killing you, in a strict sense, means actually him forcing the good ending on you. His quote will hang with me for some time. Badass badass old man.
>>
File: maiden-astraea[1].jpg (31 KB, 300x707) Image search: [Google]
maiden-astraea[1].jpg
31 KB, 300x707
>>337548442
As far as lore/atmosphere goes, Maiden Astraea set the bar and was never topped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9piElENpvmM

The music, the characters, the revelation that you may just be nothing more than a lesser evil than those you face, the dialogue...

The fucking dialogue.

Goddamn, only time in a video game where I actually stopped and cared to give a shit about what I was doing.

This is driven home farther by the simple fact that you HAVE to do this. These people are not bad and are not evil, but without that power you cannot complete your objective. It's a conflict arisen from two good, unrelated intentions colliding.

This is our home.
We have done no harm to you.
Dear God, have mercy.
Is not your abandonment of us punishment enough?
How long must we weather this cruel fate?
Cruel Lord… What more can you possibly take from us?
Dear Lord… You are too cruel.
You have abandoned us, is that not punishment enough?

Certainly the only thing in the series that was actually done 10/10 well. If only the actual fight was as challenging as it was awesome, but that's not what it was about I suppose.

God damn, Demon's Souls was so good. I wish the series could have continued that route ant not become the child of autism it is today.
>>
1. Gehrman
2. Soul of Cinder
3. Kalameet
4. Orphan of Kos
5. Abyss Watchers
>>
File: 1428746389502.jpg (23 KB, 300x500) Image search: [Google]
1428746389502.jpg
23 KB, 300x500
I've played all of them, but I've only beaten DeS and BB so bare with me.

5. Old Hero
A gimmick fight, sure, but one that isn't really reliant on the gimmick. While it's easiest to wear black leather/thief ring and plink soul rays at him from a distance, nothing's stopping you from marching up to him in your clankiest armor and slamming a meat cleaver into the blind fucker's face. Also the large sword of searching is bae

4. Vicar Amelia
A big screaming fucko that I can't help but love. Don't really need to elaborate here, do I?

3. Micolash
By far the most intense fight I've ever had in a souls game. Pretty unique fight too, chasing a living meme through a labyrinth full of killer mannequins and armor plated midgets is pretty cool, and then you fight the living meme one on one and it's scary as fuck trying to avoid both his Call beyond and Augur. And once you beat him, you get a cool memeking hat so you too can be the living meme.

2. Old Monk
>ywn do old monk pvp ever again
I miss my PS3 ;_;

1. Tower Knight
/m/ as fuck, it's like you're really fighting a Gundam.

Also honorable mentions go to the Bloodletting Beast, Storm King, Oreos and S'mores, Papa Petrolpenny, and the Fool's Idol.
>>
>>337548442
Oceiros is my new favorite boss, that voice is the coolest voice I've heard in the game.
>>
>>337554936
YOU IGNORANT SLAVE
>>
>>337554936
His VA also voiced Chester in Dark Souls, Vendrick in Dark Souls 2 and Djura in Bloodborne.
>>
>>337548442
Gehrman

Pontiff Sulyvahn

Gwyn

Ludwig

Twin Princes

This is accounting the OST and lore. Pontiff Sulyvahn should've been a bigger deal in DaS3, he's easily one of the strongest / most ambitious characters in DaS. He's connected to two Lords of Cinder and an old god of Anor Londo. Yet he's a mid game boss fight that is honestly ridiculously fucking easy if you have half decent reactions speeds and dodging.

Orphan as hardest boss if you don't backstab / parry him. Otherwise he's pretty easy.

Nameless King had a fucking dogshit OST that could have made him #1.
>>
I find the best boss battles in these games are defined not just by the challenge but also by the music, the visuals and the backstory you gleam throughout the battle.

1. Ludwig.
My favourite fight in the whole series. The bosses in BB tend to be evenly split between monsters and hunters/humans but Ludwig combines the two in a visually spectacular way with an amazing church choir track to go along with fighting what's become of the first church hunter.

2. Gehrman.
I honestly can't think of a more satisfying final boss. The fight locale is gorgeous and the track is such a goddamn beautiful piece of compositional beauty.

3. Gascoigne.
It's a perfect mandatory first boss battle since it sums up the kinds of enemies you'll be facing in BB due to a completely different 2nd phase and it teaches players the value of parrying and situational awareness. It also rewards people who've spent time exploring and talking to NPCs with the music box.

4. Ornstein and Smough.
Pretty much the brick wall moment of the game. Up to that point in DS1 there hadn't been a boss battle with that much spectacle, it made the fight seem almost mythical.
My proudest gaming achievement is still beating these two on my first try.

5. Lothric and Lorian.
A really interesting execution of a multiple boss encounter. Bosses that make me feel pity are some of the most memorable for me (like Sif) and when you boil it down the Lothric fight is really you killing a couple of crippled siblings who just want to be left alone. The moment where Lorian lifts Lothric up on his shoulders is what got me.
>>
File: 1462407594384.gif (454 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1462407594384.gif
454 KB, 320x180
5) Ornstein and Smough. First time I actually felt how hard the damn game was. Other bosses were challenging but these ones were fucking cruel at the time
4) Artorias. Just a fun fight all around, the perfect amount of challenge and 'deepest lore'.
3) Orphan of Kos. Another fun fight, really challenging. Was higher until...
2) Nameless king. Motherfucker was probably the most challenging fight in the entire game for me, and it was great to kill him.
1) Ludwig the Accursed. Because the phase transition made it from a 7/10 fight to 11/10.
>>
>>337555331
>rise if you would, for that is our curse
Shit got me emotional for some reason man.
>>
1) O&S
2) Elana, the only boss I have never managed to solo to this day. Fuck veldstad.
3) Micolash. I love talking bosses in soulsborne and his dialogue is great
4) Sulywhan. The fucking power spike in difficulty doing him with a slow weapon, no parry and low health pool.
5) Fume night. The moment of panick when I did half his health and he just healed back to full.
>>
I've only played DS1 and 3

Ornstein & Smough. - Just a really fun fight all around
Manus. - Love the tempo of the fight.
Soul of Cinder. - Really like the soundtrack and arena is awesome.
Kalameet.
Prince Lothric/Lorian.
>>
>>337555312
Forgot to shoutout Laurence for a top 5 OST and Soul of Cinder for being a piss easy fight with a great OST and boss arena. Probably the best boss arena in any From game.
>>
1. Nameless king, dude was two bossfights where you couldn't cheese him with just strafing, poking or shielding just dodging or parying

2. Iron Golem, tarkus eats golems you eat dicks

3. Manus, biggie smalls were tough, but manus destroyed me on a level I didn't think was possible, learning all of his shit to squeeze a win off was amazing

4. Pursuer, while he's actually not that hard and sotfs trivializes the fuck out of him, he scared the shit out of me the 1st time and fighting him is always fun since his hexes shake things up enough

5. Elena, trying to wittle her down enough so Velstaldt didn't spawn or smashing him with my greatclub while dodging fireballs was great, plus the added atmosphere and fight of the dragon knigts was great. sinh was dissapointing though
>>
MY GUIDING MOONLIGHT
Tonight Gehrman joins the hunt
A corpse should be left well alone
EEEAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGHHHHHHHHH
>>
File: 1321321.jpg (1 MB, 2544x2512) Image search: [Google]
1321321.jpg
1 MB, 2544x2512
>>337548442
http://www.strawpoll.me/10026131

/v/ decided with 2000 votes
>>
Can we all objectively agree that Soulsbourne is the most stupid fucking name in the world

Nobody thought there should be "Goldendarks" or "SystemBio's" or "BaldurDragons"

The souls fanbase never ceases to be endlessly annoying
>>
>>337556891
blame neogaf
>>
>>337555331
O&S aren't hard at all, I don't know why would you say that they are a brick wall. It's pretty easy to just get smough stuck on pillars and kill ornstein.
>>
Ludwig the Holy Blade - One of the most impressive fights in the series, both mechanically and as a set piece. He had by far the most drastic transformation, and one of the most deliciously fanservice cutscenes. His relevance to the lore, and the long anticipation of him and/or the Moonlight all culminated into a really exciting encounter.

Gehrman, The Last Hunter - All round good fight. I was unfortunately spoiled on this, but I imagine it would have been a really interesting twist. It was also fairly emotional after you learned about all of Gehrman's rare dialogue, and his backstory. He's one of the best "knight" fights because he really is just another hunter, your equal yet also your better.

Nameless King - The Drake part of the fight leaves a lot to be decided, like every dragon boss, but the King part is amazing. One of the best examples of the knight fight, challenging, exciting, and it really teaches you to stop trusting your instincts and reflexes. Also, the reveal of him being the Firstborn Sun was really cool.
>>
>>337556891
DarkBorne?

BloodSouls?
>>
>>337557139
Cleric Beast/Vicar Amelia/Darkbeast Paarl - In general I really loved the beast bosses. I almost feel like I'd have liked the game even more if every boss had been a beast. Bloodborne is what I wish Monster Hunter were, fighting this huge abomination with all you have, aggressive, fast combat, calling in your buddies for help to tackle the beast.

Abyss Watchers - Again, a "knight" fight, but it was so interesting. To have the boss actively fight with its adds was something I've never seen before. Nito would kill his skeletons, sure, but he wouldn't ever turn around, completely ignore you, and start wailing on them. That really amazed me when I first saw it.

Runnerup - Twin Princes - Another really interesting mechanic. Lorian is a cool fight on his own, we've never fought a full blown cripple before. But then when he combines with Lothric the dynamic changes so much. Suddenly you've got dangerous new attacks to worry about, but also have to switch your focus from the attacker to the one he's protecting.
>>
>>337556891
Metroidvania
>>
I played DeS and the vanilla versions of DS1 and 2

1. Allant
Really a great fight with great build-up (his son committing suicide, then fighting you as black phantom, the fight happening at the top of Boletaria Castle, etc.).

2. Four Kings
I thought it was a cool fight, mostly because of the visuals and because New Londo was sort of eerie and they felt like a fitting boss.

3. Storm King
Although he's a gimmick boss.

4. Lost Sinner NG+

5. Darklurker

Honorable mentions: Gwyn, Old Hero, Flamelurker
>>
>>337557224
>>337557139
In general I think Bloodborne had the best bosses, with Dark 3 a close second. Part of it might be that I played both of these on release, so I feel like they're more 'my games'. It was more exciting for me seeing what would come next in the new games, because in the older games I got into them late and already knew what most of the bosses were just from being on /v/.
>>
Gherman

Ludwig

Maria

Logarius

Artorias

BB has by far the best bosses.
>>
>>337557613

>because in the older games I got into them late and already knew what most of the bosses were just from being on /v/.

I suffered from this, but I saw it as getting to see if they lived up to the hype from /v/. O&S certainly did as they put their boot firmly in my ass for 3 hours straight. Artorias and Kalameet more than delivered.

I still thought Bloodborne had the best bosses. Until I discovered Blood Beast Pellets. They're just plain not fair. They should be a PVP only item because even Orphan crumples before BBP.
>>
>>337548882
Word around the office is you've got a fat cock.
>>
>>337557874
I scrubbed out and beast moded Orphan with my Whirligig first time. I just couldn't beat him.
Subsequent playthroughs I've fought him legit, but that first time was just so impossible for me.
>>
>>337556891
see >>337548852
>>
>Tower Knight
That music, that intro video and the weight behind every attack. And the damn satisfying steam pssssssshhhhhhh when you break his armor

>Gaping Dragon
It just looks absolutely menacing and disgusting. And the fight is fun.

>Storm King
Just the sheer size of this boss is insane. And the Stormruler special power just in this area is neat

>Garl Vinland/Maiden Astrea
This feeling of despair and the music which is just on spot. A fantastic setting.

>Dancer of the Boreal Valley
Not because the fight is anything special or the music is fantastic. It's because the way she moves, it's so fluid and beautiful. Wonderful animation
>>
>>337557139
>The Last Hunter
Quite the opposite
>>
>>337558618
I was waiting for someone to make this post.
>>
>>337548442
Lothric the Younger Prince/Lorian the Elder Prince

Ludwig the Accursed/Holy Blade

Gwyn, Lord of Cinder

Gehrman, the First Hunter

Soul of Cinder

I like tragic bosses
>>
>>337554475
>2. Bell Gargoyles.

Came here to post this. It's underrated considering how well-placed and well-paced it is. It also teaches you that jolly coop is cool.
>>
>>337559417
It annoys me when people look down on co-op, considering how many bosses are actually designed for co-op.
I mean, if you co-op every boss first try then what's even the point in playing, but it's a proper mechanic of the game and looking down on people who use it is retarded.
>>
>>337556891
NEVER
EVER
>>
>>337559706
I did co-op on third run of DaS3 with my best friend. Just got done yesterday. The game is so much more fun and hilarious even, when playing with someone.
>>
>>337559706
I only look down on co-op if you do it on your first playthrough, it really gets in the way of your git gud process.
>>
>>337559706
Co-op's quality degrades over time as people get experienced/twinky.

But early coop is amazing and the mechanic where you get humanity (to summon help) by helping others is also amazing.

Trying and failing O&S, then running out of humanity, then laying my sign down to collect humanity and kinda learn the boss better was one of the best times I had in vidya. Same goes with helping struggling hosts beat bosses WITHOUT cheesing them with overupgraded weapons and dark magic/pyo.
>>
>Maiden Astrea
Atmosphere and impact were unparalleled
>Ludwig
Good atmosphere and a very solid boss fight
>Orphan of Kos
Same as Ludwig, an exemplary boss for the series
>Gwyn
Your expectations being thwarted (even if they did basically did the same thing with True King Allant) made for a powerful moment and the music really complimented the atmosphere of the fight
>Micolash
I just like this guy. I like bosses that talk and Micolash really won me over with how deliciously insane he was.
>>
1. Maria
2. Ludwig
3. Artorias
4. Ornstein and Smough
5. Aldia
>>
File: MY GUIDING MOONLIGHT.jpg (102 KB, 841x1041) Image search: [Google]
MY GUIDING MOONLIGHT.jpg
102 KB, 841x1041
Aah... you were at my side all along
>>
>>337560581
This is more frightening than actual Ludwig himself
>>
File: 1457090782498.png (979 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1457090782498.png
979 KB, 1024x1024
5 abyss watchers - plain badass
4 orphan - REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
3 ornsmou - casual filter
2 ludwig - hype
1 burn ivory king - now this motherfucker has the possibility fo becoming the greatest shit storm ever

go alone
go solo
do not liberate the loyce knights

that's right bitch, face the chaos ALONE and you have the ultimate fucking battle souls can offer you, the king and his 5 or 6 respawning knights versus YOU (You)

welcome to the greatest ballistic showdown of all time, git gud matters more than ever (unless you're some glass cannon but that can be said for any boss)
>>
>>337556891
I honestly dont see the problem. Stop making mountains out of pebbles you fucking idiot.

Lurk more.
>>
>>337556843

Real hardest bosses:
>Orphan of Kos
>Lower Loran Abhorrent Beast
>Headless Bloodletting Beast
>Loran Darkbeast
>Cursed Watchdog of the Old Lords

The Chalice bosses were completely absurd.
>>
>Capra Demon

Good Western looking design; goat demon with two large machetes. The fight is enclosed and you're given almost zero breathing room, and throw in its friends and you have a noob killer like no other

>O&S

Great character designs; aesthetics and lore. You see large statues of them early on in Anor Londo, and they look intimidating as carvings. Seeing them move, with Smough lumbering towards you and Ornstein gliding across like lighting, is unforgettable. The fight is unique in that they both compliment one another; neither are hard 1 on 1 (first stage), but together and they're a very good challenge. Their difficulty is overhyped, but in a way, I think that adds to it

>Manus

Again, design and lore are great. Objectively, one of the hardest fights, and if you suck at rolling, you'll be dying a lot

>Artorias

Design and lore are superb. The fight is great. His moves are flashy and wild, but they look natural and possible for him. He's not that hard, but he'll still kick your ass if you let him

>Pontiff Sulyvahn

That lore. He's arguably the evilest fucker around in Souls. The fight is hard. He looks cool with the two glowing swords

>Aldrich

Having the reanimated former Darkmoon leader fighting you out of the goo is something you'd never think of before it happens. The fight isn't all that hard when you know how it all works, but that's ok
>>
>>337554550
>These people are not bad and are not evil
Sure thing, child. Do you have any other would-be adult opinions or is it just defending this hypocrite?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65JxnUW7Wk4
Maiden Astraea is literally Mother Teresa
>>
File: eh.png (288 KB, 367x747) Image search: [Google]
eh.png
288 KB, 367x747
>>337556843
>2000 votes
>1789 total votes
>I'm a shitter who dies to a different boss because I can't git gud
>284 votes (16%)
Go back to first grade math, nigger.
>>
>>337548442
Themes:
Majula > Ornstein + Smough > Gwyn
>>
>>337561759
Correction:
Majula > Ornstein+Smough > Gwyn > the rest
>>
Give me your favorite boss in each Soulsborne game.
>>
>>337562092
Demon's Souls: Astraea
Dark Souls: Sanctuary Guardian
Dark Souls 2: Executioner's Chariot
Bloodborne: Ludwig
Dark Souls 3: Lorian and Lothric
>>
>>337548442
1. Soul of Cinder, a perfect end to the series
2. Ludwig the Holy Blade
>You were at my side, all along.
3. Manus, this motherfucker crazy
4. Garl Vinland, badass pvp style fight w/ amazing dialouge
5. Nameless King, soloing him makes you feel like a god
>>
>>337554936
>mfw he drops the babby and flips the fick out
>>
My tastes are weird.

>O&S

By far their best multiple enemy boss, which is mu favorite type, they have the most divergent movesets and change massively in the second phase, it's also in a really intense point in the game since everyone just tells to go to anor londo, and this is the final obstacle before you discover why.

>Shadows of Yharnam
Second best of the same type of boss, I wish they were more agressive, but the options for approaching this battle as well as being able to use shaman bone blade for kicks feels amazing. Creppy atmosphere and great end to the area.

>Fool's idol
Possibly the only gimmick boss I really like, which makes her stand out. The dude who revives already makes it memorable, but the way you can use the worshippers as well as simply watching out for the traps is amazing.

>Lothric bros
The twist to the battle halfway is great. Lorian and lothric could have had more moves, but after the area before them, the setting and a boss who even talks is amazing.

>Nito
Actually the biggest mark in DaS1 for me, this battle sets up the enviromenent perfectly, you KNOW where you are, but then you take huge fall damage, then a blade comes from the ground, then skellies, then big skellies. It simply nails the feeling Nito should portray perfectly.
>>
>>337562092
DeS:Astraea
DaS:O&S
DaSII:Pursuer
DaSIII:Soul of Cinder
BB:Lady Maria
>>
>>337549656
Watchers shouldn't have a second phase, first one but in a huge scale would've been better.
Then we could even have pacifist challanges.
>>
>>337548442
> I never actually played ds1 the post
>>
File: 1461604291585.png (883 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461604291585.png
883 KB, 1600x1200
>>337563314
"Oh dear brother, I am on my way. My brother, unyielding sword of Lothric's prince, rise if you would. For that is our curse"
>>
>>337549780
Forgot all about the looking glass knight. What a badass boss
>>
half of the bosses are much easier than a single greatsword red eye lothric knight
>>
>>337564613
I just stunlock em to death with my gotthards. Now those fuckers with a greatshield and spear, or mace and greatshield fuck me up every time
>>
Anyone else love the blood starved beast just for its music

Top bosses music
1. Blood Starved Beast
2. Moonlight Butterfly
3. Ruin Sentinels
4. Vendrick
5. Dancer
>>
>>337564759
Once I was farming the fat angels, I decided to go to that bridge before Lothric full of enemies and cast raport on the spear dude. He took down two other knights and a few soldiers before they got him with a barage of crossbows, those guys are insane.

Also, I love the buff they did to rapport, anyone know if it works in PvP?
>>
1. Ludwig, I've only ever fought him on NG+, but I've beat him several times now over several NG+ playthroughs with my character, and he is the only boss I have not been able to solo, I always need Henriett or Valtr to help me kill him
2.Burnt Ivory King. By far the coolest fight and one of my favorites, I think he had good lore in his DLC, the battle with the Loyce knights and the charred ones before the battle was cool as hell, and the fight with the king himself was really good.
3.Penetrator. Getting some bro-op action against him with Biorr then with the dragon afterwards is really cool and fun, even if Biorr can solo him for you.
4.Artorias. He and Ludwig are similar in hearing about them in the main game and then getting to see them in each game's DLC, after seeing beast Ludwig regain his humanity/sanity halfway through the fight it kinda makes me wish we had seen that happen with Artorias in 1, but his fight, music, and lore are pretty darn good.
5. I got too bored to finish Dark Souls 3 but I really liked the Abyss Watchers while I was there. I noticed a couple attacks lifted straight from Maria, whom I really like fighting, but they have a neat gimmick and then a solid fight in the second half, even if it was a bit easy.
>>
1. Artorias

Don't really care about the rest as they're all equally good/shitty in their own way, but I still love this fight because it managed to be perfectly balanced to be fast-paced, but forgiving, fun but not too easy.

He had some cool quirks like powering up, or being one of the few bosses who could strike through invincibility frames, but he didn't just attack 8 times in a row or have a ham-fisted second phase.
>>
File: 1462305853721.jpg (698 KB, 1289x1407) Image search: [Google]
1462305853721.jpg
698 KB, 1289x1407
bamp
>>
What kind of weapon do you roll with at the start if you want to main the chikage later on? I'm guessing any SKL based one?
>>
>>337566179
I tend to start with the cain, you might want the saw spear.
>>
>>337566179
SKL and invest into your health mostly.
>>
Is there any trick to getting drakeblood sword? I've been farming it for hours.
>>
File: dib.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
dib.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>337548442

>soulsborne
>>
Here's mine.
1. Ludwig
2. Abyss Watchers
3. Artorias
4. Father Gascoigne (The ultimate casual filter)
5. Twin Princes

Honourable mentions: O&S, Champion Gundry, Nameless King, Martyr Logarius
>>
I think it's really hard to give a comprehensive list of my top bosses, as there are so many aspects to each.

I mean mechanics-wise, stuff like the Old Monk (Original and best summon) were smart af, but in terms of atmosphere or difficulty, they were nowhere near the top contenders.
>>
>>337555358
>>337555331
>O&S
>hard
Fucking casuals i swear. Those two faggots are a joke compared to Maneaters or even the Throne fags.
>>
>>337567914
Maneaters didn't have you in a group fight from the very start though. You could melt one before issues arose.
>>
>>337560713
Try fighting Astrae without killing Gaarl, you will have a lot of fun.
>>
>>337548442
1. Orphan of kos
2. Artorias
3. Ludwig
4. Champ Gundyr
5. Ornstein and Smough
>>
>>337548442
1. Gehrman
Best Final boss, amazing setting and music
2. Artorias
Not an artorias fanboy but the build-up to the fight was excellent
3. Sir Alonne
Honorabru samurai fight with shiny floor and great music
4. Ornstein and Smough
The only decent 2v1 fight in the series
5. Soul of Cinder
>>
>>337568812
Unless they acted like a bunch of fucking faggots and flew around until the other one landed
>>
>>337568812
The boss area is what makes the Maneaters hard, they can fuck you up easily with their attacks.
>>
>>337567914
>Maneaters

What is this meme? I played DeS back in 2010 and can't remember having any trouble with them whatsoever, but they're always listed as one of the hardest bosses
What the hell is going on?
>>
>>337548442
Lady Maria
Humonaid Boss Fight that keeps getting harder every stage.

Ludwig the Holy Blade
Loved the monster design to an Honarable Human Swordsman Change.

Artorias The AbyssWalker
Sick combos and epic backstory.

Nameless King
Rides a fucking dragon to combat.

Old King Alant
Fighting the king your supposed to be helping was a good twist to demon souls.
>>
I really don't understand how people love the bosses in DS2. If you look at the difference from the other games, they actually don't have impact in their moves. The sound design is so bad in that game.
>>
>>337566683
SoulsBorne you idiot includes

Demon Souls, all of dark souls, and Bloodbone.

Its a lot easier then saying whats your favorite boss from demon souls, dark souls 1/2/3, bloodborne.

And bad news all the listed games above play to just about the same forumula just changed a bit.
>>
>>337555312
dude fuck Sulyvahn. He was the only boss in DaS3 that I had actual trouble with
>>
>>337548442
>Lady Astrea and Garl Vinland
Come on. World 5 was the worst place I have ever seen in a Souls series. Top that off with a creepy as fuck boss fight. I really just wanted to get out of that place.

>Ornstein and Smough
The first boss in Dark Souls that made me go "you go to be fucking kidding me". Important in lore as well. Great fight.

>Father Gascoigne
The boss that showed how Bloodborne bosses will go. If you just started the series here I'm quite sure a whole lot of people will feel overwhelmed against him.

>Champ Gundyr
I don't care what you fucks say, easy or not, this guy was a great looking fight. Great moves, great aggressiveness, great place. Secretly also one of the important characters in the story. If he dropped his halberd and went full melee, bar none, he would have been the best boss of the series.

>Soul of Cinder
Shows that this really is the end for the Dark Souls series. Great place with a boss that changes weapons and styles that the players used before, etc. Top that off with the 2nd phase final theme, and there you go.
>>
File: nito.jpg (87 KB, 405x398) Image search: [Google]
nito.jpg
87 KB, 405x398
>>337548442
am i the only one who liked oceiros? it was fucking incredible

1. Biggie Smalls
2. champion Gundyr
3. Oceiros
4. artorias
5. Sir Alonne
>>
>>337557160

Souls games is good enough
>>
File: O&S.jpg (131 KB, 736x1014) Image search: [Google]
O&S.jpg
131 KB, 736x1014
>>337548442
>Ornstein and Smough
music is great, Boss that has given me the most trouble in souls, really fun solo and coop, the transformation is sick, you pretty much get 3 bosses out of it and some really sick equipment
>Ludwig
Its fucking Ludwig, the fight speaks for itself
>Gaping Dragon
This fight was easy but this boss was intimidating as fuck and I love how they added an animation of rocks flying every step it took. The music was fantastic too.
>Artorias
It was just really cool fighting another knight of gwyn, and he was pretty aggressive for a dark souls 1 boss
>Kalameet
Ah dragon slaying, knighthood's highest calling.
>>
>>337548442

1- Ornstein and Smough - The first thing it comes to mind when i think about Dark Souls. These guys seems so unfair when you fight them fo the first time.

2 - Burnt Ivory King - The build up is awesome and the character is great lorewise

3 - Soul of Cinder - A love letter for DaS

4 - Maiden Astrea - Fantasic music / atmosphere

5 - Orphan of Kos

I tried to pick one from each game. But this franchise has so many fantastic bosses. Some of the gimmick ones really pleases me too( Executioner's Chariot, .
Curse Rooted Greatwood... ).

Fuck Bad of Chaos tho. That'll never be okay.
>>
>>337548442
Not in particularly order but
1.Artorias. Truly the shining gem of DS1 incredible lore, soundtrack, atmosphere, and fucking badass fight.
2. Fume knight. fuck that guy i was forced to git gud in what 30+ attempt but damn the feeling after defeating him is pure sex.
3. The Champ Gundyr. Recurring boss fight done right. Probably has one of the most diverse moveset ever in souls series and he doesnt even rely on magic and physical buff just pure meele martial art. Also has hidden incredible lore behind him truly underrated.
4. Nameless king: riding a fucking wyvern to the battle while shooting lightning spears up your arse. Also the revelation of him as Gwyn firstborn and the master of ornstein is one of the shining moment of DS3.
5. Lorian/Lothric: One of the most original bossfight in souls series also the main catalyst of DS3 event. Heavy lore and great atmosphere to boot.
6. Pontiff: if theres's ever one good example of boss that truly the mastermind villain and not the regular 'he dindu naffin wrong' or just lame "incarnate" evil it is this guy. From the early start of the game we are alluded with the existence of pontiff and how he responsible for 70% of the shit happened in ds3. also cool fucking fight.
Havent played DES/BB yet so cant comment on that. Shit i can list all the top 10 bosses in the whole series and most of it wil be from ds3 how can anyody think that ds3 have the weakest bosses rooster is the mystery i will never know.
>>
>Ornstein and Smough
Definitely the bosses that gave me the hardest time. Amazing atmosphere, amazing music, extremely fun fight overall despite the 2vs1

>Champ Gundyr
Oh god this stupid mofherfucker. He kicked my ass into the ground so many times I don't even want to think about it.

>Kalameet
The whole buildup to the fight is nothing short of amazing and the boss is definitely a tough nut to crack the first time you fight him

>Twin Princes
Easy as shit but the atmosphere makes up for it, and despite everything their moveset is pretty awesome.

>False King Allant
Motherfucker was a serious trauma to me. Awesome moveset, awesome setting, awesome everything.

Honorable Mentions

>Gwyn
I fought him without knowing I could parry him. Enough said.
>>
>>337575114
oh I forgot Aldrich in the honorable mentions. Annoying with those fucking arrows, but I dig its design and I'm really fond the whole concept of the character itself
>>
>>337575529
agreed 100% senpai
>>
>>337565181
Henriett is absolute shit, you're better off alone or with Valtr/Madaras.
>>
>>337548442
I don't understand why people found Abyss Watchers challenging, did I just get too used to the dodge's iframes in 2?
>>
File: Manus.png (835 KB, 1134x1059) Image search: [Google]
Manus.png
835 KB, 1134x1059
1- Ludwig
2- Twin princes
3- Gehrman
4- Manus
5- Nameless King

I'm a sucker for atmospheric boss fights.
>>
Pontiff Sullyvan
Father Cascoigne
Artorias
Burnt Ivory king
Gwyn, the Lord of Cinder
>>
>>337566550
I killed the Scyte weilding guy in fron of aldrich bonfire about 72 times before he dropped his weapon. The last 40 or so attempts all using a rusted coin before the kill.
So no, no way other than farming.
>>
>>337577329
Took me a while to realise I already had it, always get it the first kill but I didn' notice. Best of luck to you anon. This game works with very bad drop rates, funnilly enough, I wanted it to stop giving me concords, I got 4 before getting a chest piece.
>>
File: crowsteel.png (160 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
crowsteel.png
160 KB, 300x300
Hardest boss? Sorry, kid, but that honor belongs to me.
*un-unsheathes chikage*
*uses Bone 4 times in a row*
*triple dodges behind you*
*fires 99 bloodtinge repeating pistol*
>>
>>337577979
This guy probably solos CRFs for fun whereas everybody else dreads them
>>
>>337548442
5. Kalameet. First "proper" dragon fight i had, great theme, solid mechanics. Just a fun fight.

4. Fume Knight. A better artorias in my eyes, has two phases, a wide moveset that he can chain with the smaller sword. Another fun fight.

3. Abhorrent Beast. Flamelurker would have been here but this one is just flat out better in everyway. Fast, aggressive, hard, great theme, whats not to like?

2. Nameless King. Absolute KINO atmosphere, 10/10 theme, mechanically alright, a bit on the easy side since he can stagger so fast, but fantastic overall.

1. Orphan of Kos. Probably the best designed boss FROM has ever made in my eyes, down to the animations, theme and mechanics of the fight, its nigh perfect. only downside i can give is that he has too many windows to parry/backstab him.
>>
>>337558237
Gaping dragon was lame/easy af
>>
1 - Ornstein and Smough - A fight against 2 distinct personalities
2 - Tower Knight - Made me fall in love with Des due to the scale
3 - False King Allant - The elevator ride up was GOAT and seeing where you started from while up there was fantastic, and his soulsuck was a great concept I wish came back
4 - Maiden Astraea - Emotional wreck and a nice change in boss pace compared to every other in the game.
5 - Burnt Ivory King - Loved the arena and going down there with allies you recruited

Honroable mentions include Sif, Ludwig and Gaping Dragon.

I have realised I prefer the design of the boss itself and the arena, the set-up and the build-up to it or evoking some sort of sorrow for the thing I am fighting. I am kind of tired of the aggressive bosses which is why I found most BB bosses boring to fight as well as Das3.
>>
>>337553198
>cleric beast

you forgot to list Covetous demon and fucking Sanctuary Guardian to complete the list of irrelevant bosses
>>
dank memes :')
Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.