[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Phantom Hourglass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: phantomhourglass.jpg (85 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
phantomhourglass.jpg
85 KB, 800x450
I just this on wiiu virtual console thinking it was a normal handheld zelda game. What the fuck is wrong with the controls? It is possible to move Link around without the fucking stylus, right? RIGHT?
>>
>>337504054
no
>>
>>337504054
>you JUST
>>
>>337504145
>>337504183
People actually played through a whole game moving around with a fucking stylus? Its like torture.
>>
>>337504054
one user at gbatemp made a patch that makes it possible to use the controls instead of the stylus, look it up.
>>
>>337504397
And the dialog is unskippable and slow as shit. What a piece of shit game this is.
>JUST
>>
>>337504397
I thought the controls were fine, surprisingly good even.

Now that stupid dungeon that you have to repeat again and again on the other hand...I didn't even finish it. Who the fuck thought that this game's gimmick being a timer (phantom hourglass) in a dungeon that's exactly the same every time you have to repeat it would be a good idea??
>>
>>337504054
The only way to control Link, attack, or roll is with the stylus. Have fun in some hectic situations, where the screen has trouble reading a roll from a slash from just movement.

Also, you aren't even to the bad part of the game yet.
How the fuck is the stamp going to work on the Wii U?
>>
I find unbelievable that some people can't play the game with touch controls.

I literally beat the game without having problems, even not caring about them.
>>
Imagine being so new, you don't even know about Phantom Hourglass. A game that only came out 9 years ago.
>>
File: 1462769643579.jpg (39 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1462769643579.jpg
39 KB, 640x960
>>337504397
I completely agree with you, though in every thread there are many Nintendo apologists defending the controls. They really are terrible. They should have at least given you the option to do either one. I had a fat DS so it was uncomfortable to hold the device in one hand and draw with the other. I think the main draw to handhelds is how cozy and comfortable they are, and this game removes that draw.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.