[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/, I'm one of those consolefags looking to join the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
Hey /v/, I'm one of those consolefags looking to join the master race. MD is just about the only game I'm looking forward to right now, and I've heard it'll play better on AMD hardware.

>Is this true?

>If it is, do I need to get an AMD motherboard (REALLY don't want to be stuck with DDR3, and AMD doesn't make DDR4... yet?), CPU, GPU, or any combination of those?
>>
File: 1359985992018.png (22 KB, 207x239) Image search: [Google]
1359985992018.png
22 KB, 207x239
>>
Fuck off retard. And I say that because you're an idiot, not because you're trying to bait.

Seriously, stick with consoles and go away.
>>
pls respond ;_;
>>
>>337489853
Then educate me, dickhole.
>>
AMD?
AMD!?

AMD is poorfag trash that gets so hot it sets on fire and consumes over 10,000 jiggawats of eletricity. Not only that but it can't even run Physx, HBAO+, Shadowplay, Hairworks or any of the other good tech NVIDIA have invented for the master race.

And let's not even start on their cpus. I once bought an AMD cpu instead of an Intel cpu like I should have. My framerates plummeted because the cpu bottlenecked my dual-980ti so hard I got -50% gpu usage.
When I tried to emulate some gamecube classics it was so bad Mario popped up and gave me the middle finger for having such a shit cpu. BTW all this and I had overclocked it to 8GHZ causing a blackout in my local area before the cpu finally exploded and killed me.
>>
>>337488517
http://www.logicalincrements.com/ Just go here and pick your poison, the only thing I'll add is that LI puts both AMD and Nvidia cards in the gpu section, which is retarded. If you're buying anything in the excellent tier or below, buy AMD, anything above, buy Nvidia. Also, wait if you can before you build, new gpus are coming out really really soon, and that means better hardware if you can pay and cheaper old hardware if you can't.
>>
>>337490445
>wait if you can before you build
Yeah, I'm in no actual hurry to get the parts now, I'm going to end up building a few months from now.
>>
>>337488517
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>337490690
Just listing the questions. I figured it would make the formatting of answers slightly simpler. Obviously didn't happen.
>>
>>337490342
>>>/g/
>>
>>337490875
It makes you look like a retard and I hope you fry your shit when you try to build it
>>
>>337488517
when they say it'll work better on AMD hardware they mean the gpus not the cpus.

don't buy a new pc now, wait for die shrinked stuff
>>
>>337490342
You should educate yourself, but I will give you some input:

1. Motherboards basically don't affect performance, but you need different ones for AMD and Intel CPUs
2. AMD CPUs are never better than Intel ones, just cheaper
3. DX Mankind Divided may possibly prefer AMD graphics cards but it's not likely. This actually is a decent question because the engine supposedly likes DX12 (see Hitman 2016), but Nvidia's drivers and general PC superiority means it's hard to say.

Conclusion: Wait until release then either get it for PS4 or build a PC with an i5 and a Polaris GPU or GTX 1060. Look up everything I said if you need details. You're welcome, retard.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.