[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Prototype 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: Prototype_2.png (161 KB, 290x368) Image search: [Google]
Prototype_2.png
161 KB, 290x368
Is there many differences between the first and this? I'm snapping up last gen games now that they are on the cheap and kind of passed on this one seeing as it just looked like more of the same. What do you think.
>>
It is more of the same. There isn't really a difference in what you're doing, your powers, the way the missions are presented, etc. There are a few new powers and such, but nothing special.

However, the story is much worse. The first game had some charm and mystery to it, but this one is plain retarded.
>>
>>337466338
crap and I was nearly convinced in getting it. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>337465871
>>337466338
>>337466479
They upped the visual graphics a bit, added new special effects. Made the color more richer, And the music.
>>
>>337465871
They removed a lot of the moves from the first one which made the combat not feel as good

The shield ability was a cool way to deal with those RPG fuckheads though
>>
>>337465871
First one was more fun
Second is ok but it's just not the same fun as the first.
There's lots of tedious shit if you're gonna go for the 100% or just want to get all upgrades overall
Still decent game though
>>
>>337465871
the mainprotag in 2 is hilariously unlikable which imo is both a plus and negative at the same time
biggest sin they did was making alex mercer from 1 into a generic baddy
still loving the first one. its like the most fun superhero game that isnt based on a comic.
>>
>>337465871
I never liked this, but very similar to it is infamous and it came out about a month before the first game, infamous is a damn good game, though dated. Infamous 2 is pretty badass and ups the quality of the visualy and gameplay.
must have PS3 games from last gen
>>
>>337465871
They added one new power, removed a couple of the old powers like armor. Combat is based on evades now unlike the first game.

Shat on the first game's plot and character. MC of prototype 2 is a literal retarded giganigga.

By the time I finished it I wondered why the hell didnt I drop it halfway through.
>>
File: 1461106759353.gif (110 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1461106759353.gif
110 KB, 320x240
I liked it just as much as the first Prototype.
Ignore the whole Alex Mercer vs James Heller shitheads that love to pop up like moles when these threads appear. Neither protag has ever been really "good" and the focus has always been the mindless fun you can have. So they just throw that out of the window with writing.

Prototype 2 has more polish and you'll find a lot of TECHNOLOGY when roaming around the city and just follow NPCs around and see all the interesting little things they do. It also replaced those shitty Prototype 1 time trial "missions" that just added to much filler with neat side-quests you can follow.

Prototype 1 in unapologetically, shamelessly, total balls-to-wall mayhem and destruction. And it has the sweet armor mode that's missing from Prototype 2.
Unless you buy the DLC, which are just skins.
>>
>>337467645
maybe because us shitheads are right about it and you thinking the criticism has anything to do with the protags being good or not good makes you look like a giant moron.
>>
>>337467264
added
>tendrils
>biobomb
>attack dogs
>shields

removed
>Armor
>Power arms
>Useless vision modes

Epic meme, broseph.
>>
>>337468092
>Actually caring about writing in games as shameless as these

I'm going to laugh at your post.
I'm going to laugh at your post when I eat breakfast
I'm going to laugh at your post when I go to work
I'm going to laugh at your post when I'm working
I'm going to laugh at your post when I drive back home
I'm going to laugh at your post when I take a shower
I'm going to laugh at your post when I eat dinner
I'm going to laugh even when I date a girl
If I marry that girl, I'll laugh during the marriage
When I have kids with that girl, I'll laugh during the delivery
My kids will grow up in an environment of laughter
They will grow up laughing at your post too

On my death bed I will be wheezing my last breaths as my loved ones surround me
My final words will just be a hardy chuckle accompanied by "what a dumbass"

Thanks for laffs, pal.
>>
>>337468104
youre a meem, bruh
>>
>>337468493
sry couldnt read through all of it I seriously cringed too hard
>>
>>337468894
Because you realized what a dork you are?
>>
>>337465871
It's very similar but also infinitely worse.

What made Prototype interesting was that it was easy to be ridiculous and difficult to be subdued; you could jump 500 feet easier than you could 15 feet. You could massacre a field of people but isolating one target was a challenge.

Prototype 2 simplified the controls in such a way as to make it easier to reign in your powers, which IMO made the game a lot less interesting
>>
>>337469048
you're the only dork here, anon. and you obviously continue to be one.
>>
>>337465871
it's a more detailed, better polished and overall a superior sequel to a very bland first game.
>>
>>337465871
I thought it was fine. I wish they made a third one, with everything upgraded.
>>
Short game but was pretty fun desu
>>
>>337469621
>yfw Activision owns the rights
>yfw Activision throws all its dead action-genre IPs at Platinum to shit out money
>yfw Prototype 3 by PlatinumGames is a real possibility
>>
>>337469713
>>yfw Prototype 3 by PlatinumGames is a real possibility
i highly doubt that. wasnt prototype 2 a giant financial flop?
>>
>>337469713
PLEASE
>>
File: 1447609386275.jpg (50 KB, 384x382) Image search: [Google]
1447609386275.jpg
50 KB, 384x382
>Prototype 2
>They make Mercer the twirling moustache villian
>because he got backstabbed by a gurl
>Protagonist gets so mad he eradicates virus in mere seconds from existance with Negro Powers
>>
>>337466479
If you're getting the game for the story you're making a mistake.
>>
>>337469779
So were the last like, 3 Transformers games before T:D

So was every TMNT game since the arcades.

Plat does games cheap enough that mediocre sales = easy profit, that's why Activision keeps hiring them to reinvigorate dead IPs
>>
>>337469951
The story has always been trash. Mercer was a bit of an edgelord in the first game. Then in the comic he went full edge. Heller is the typical angry black man stereotype. Overall I had more fun with 2 but that's because I love how the tendrils looked
>>
>>337469951
But Heller is still a sentient virus blob. Literally what are you talking about.

Also it's explained because both Alex and Heller are actually a extremely condensed blob of everyone they absorb with a main sentience, they ultimately adopt the personality of the majority of people they swallow.

Mercer ate too many good people, so he decided he should only eat bad people.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>
why did they fuck it up so fucking badly man
P1 was fucking awesome, this one shat over everything the original had built and resulted in closure of the fucking studio

we'd probably have gotten the third game by now
>>
>>337470519
nobody wants to play as a completely unrelatable black asshole.
>>
>>337470481
Isn't Heller a human infected with it. While Mercer died and the virus just happened to take his form.
>>
>>337470628
Yeah I'd rather play as the completely unrelatable edgelord white man.
>>
>>337470445
>The story has always been trash
In 2? Yes. In first one? Not so much.
>>
>>337470779
i dunno i felt like mercer was a bit more relatable. mb just because the whole reason behind the virus existence wasnt clear yet and the player was as clueless as mercer about who or what he is.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.