[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is with the obsession with first person shooters?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: FPS.jpg (267 KB, 556x400) Image search: [Google]
FPS.jpg
267 KB, 556x400
This is basically the most anticipated games for 2016 and beyond in the on /v/ and in the west.

I don't get the obsession with shooting same things over and over, it's such braindead gameplay.
>>
>>337463401

OP confirmed for low test
>>
it's immersive and shiet
>>
>>337463401
Well, arena shooters like quake and UT are okay, because they exist simply to git gud
Also, it's hard to make games that require you to put thought into it, not everyone has the intelligence to come up with shit like SpaceChem
>>
>>337463401
The xbox 360 make dudebros the core audience of gaming by the mad incessant manly death heterosexual warfare simulator aggressive marketing from Microsoft and this is the result.
>>
>>337463401
I fucking hate shooters so I can relate. But the backlog swole so I hit that up when I can.
>>
>>337463401
>OP says this despite playing JRPGs or platformers
>>
>>337463401
>Deux Ex
>FPS
It's a Stealth RPG with FPS elements.
>>
>>337464167
Pretty blind stab in the dark there but yes, I do play turned based JRPG's and they require thought, I enjoy sinking 100 hours into a game and developing its story and characters.
>>
>>337463401
you ask that like it's a new thing...
>>
>>337464446
>JRPG's
>they require thought

>JRPG's
>'s
>>
>>337463401
Well, basically; triple-A game developers have forgotten that other genres exist. And they're still the biggest with the biggest playerbases, so they still win 'most anticipated'.
>>
>>337463401

"braindead gameplay"

No, no, the gameplay is far from "braindead" if you play an actual good FPS.
>>
>>337464446

Confirmed dumbshit
>>
>>337463401
>listing a FPM as a FPS
>>
>>337463401

Unreal is the only good game in that picture desu.
>>
>>337463401
nigga if you want a brain-tingling puzzle to solve, play Uncharted 4.

>oh wait thats an FPS shooter too, according to your definition.
kys
>>
>>337463401
What is with the obsession with visual novels?

I don't get the obsession with just clicking "next" over and over, it's such braindead gameplay.
>>
File: faggot2.gif (1 MB, 292x278) Image search: [Google]
faggot2.gif
1 MB, 292x278
>>337464446

>I only play JRPGs for sophisticated deep thinkers such as myself

:^)
>>
>>337463401
Fast-paced FPS like Unreal Tournament, Quake, Doom and Overwatch are both addicting and fun as fuck.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.