[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me why /v/ is triggered and outraged over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 36
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 1000x1000
Can someone explain to me why /v/ is triggered and outraged over Nadine?
Is it a case of it's ok when nips do it, or is it sour grapes shitposting?
>>
>>337444421

Chun Li=fantasy female who is kawaii and deadly and is in a fantasy game

Nadine="strung, dark-skinned woman" in a game set in a universe that tries to feel more realistic and who beats up on whitey despite the fact that Nathan Drake should easily be able to handle her.
>>
Because she easily beat Nathan and Sam while they beat the shit out of Mexican niggers in a jail
>>
>>337444934

It's stated several times, even before their first fight, that she's bad news though. How is this even a thing? Nate is a decent fighter, but he's not formally trained, and is usually in just quick scraps that he trades punches in. This lady became godking of pirates by fighting, so is it really weird for her to win a fight?
>>
muh political agendas
>>
I don't care about Uncharted and I wish you fags stopped talking about that shitty cinema game.
>>
File: 1419085092464.jpg (70 KB, 378x363) Image search: [Google]
1419085092464.jpg
70 KB, 378x363
>>337444421
Nadine is sexy especially with her accent.
>>
>>337444421
>explain to me why /v/ is triggered

because it's /v/, that's what we do here.
>>
>>337445105
>implying Nate didn't dive bomb her and the fight ending up with Sam holding her at gunpoint
>>
>>337444421
She's not waifu material.

Copy and paste for issues with any female character /v/ collectively decides it doesn't like. /v/ thinks in terms of what makes its dick twitch.
>>
>>337444934
Uncharted isn't realistic in the slightest.
>>
>>337445117
You don't understand. She's dark and highly capable in 2016. There's only one reason for that to exist in today's timeframe and that's to push an agenda on me. There's no other way. Have you seen those muscles? What business does that have here? Nothing but to cram down the ideology of woman being as strong as men if they wanted to. She is the epitome of everything wrong of western media, the influence of casuals and their attacks on my culture. I will not stand idly by anymore.
>>
>>337444934
>Uncharted
>In any way realistic

??!!?
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 1334x750
>>337444934
NIGHGGGGAAS

UNCHARTED IS NOT REALISTIC !!

>Drake anf his superman acrobatic skills
>fucking jumps 10 meter
>can hold fucking forever in a pole
>holds on wall, jump on another wall by hold wth his fingers, nigger never gets tired, even in GTA you got tired.

>nigga gets shot, heals full stamina in 5 seconds

NIGGGGAAAAAAA
>>
>>337444421
One was designed to be appealing and fun to play
Another one was designed to pull an agenda that has nothing to do with games, while not being playable and making all QTE involving her literally pointless.
>>
>>337444421
>Why do you hate STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMAN but not the real woman character?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgNHot1eFHg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Bva1r1jzU

I dunno.
>>
>>337446468
Wait, he never wins even one fight?
>>
>>337445105
Those Mexicans are not Paramilitary like Nadine. Also Nate and Sam are just brawlers and has no formal training

People seems to think that ND went full cuck on U4 but they made Nadine partner up with a White dude which made Anita a bit butthurt. Also Nadine didn't get any Narrative build up compared to Marlow in Uncharted 3
>>
>>337444421
> gettin triggered by console exclusive bullshit
> not realizing all the delicious SFM is to cum
dude lmao
>>
File: oGnxQ4pB.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
oGnxQ4pB.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>337446575
>wins fight
That would be PROBLEMATIC.
Did you, proud trans worked on Ucharted 4.
>>
>>337445256

This.
Go talk about your movie on another board.
>>
>>337446575
Why would he? Drake isn't a trained martial artist/soldier and he clearly holds back in all of his fights with her.
>>
To be honest that nigress had more of an comedical impact on me than anything else. Especially with nate flying all over the place, it kinda reminded me of slapstick.
>>
>>337446857
>he clearly holds back
>you control nate in fight
>still can't beat her
Nice "game" m8.

also
>isn't a trained martial artist/soldier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqYENgO-NxE
>>
>>337446087
and yet he still can't beat a nigger with pussy
>>
>>337444421
because it's a ps4 exclusive
literally any question you have about Uncharted 4 and why something about it is being spoken with with a strangely negative persecution
The answer is always because it is a ps4 exclusive video game
>>
>>337444421
>trained fighter vs. trained fighter
>equal chances

>trained fighter vs. trained fighter who happens to be a black woman who don't need no man
>black woman absolutely wipes the floor with the other trained fighter no matter what
>>
>>337444934
>Uncharted
>Realistic
>Resin that makes you invincible
>Lost cities, zombies and literally demons
>BUT IT'S REALISTIC
>>
>>337446857
You don't need to be fomrally trained if you've killed as many people as Drake has you dumb meme spounting fucko. Go back to tumblr where you belong.
>>
>>337447182
>zombies
>demons

Maybe this is a game series I might want to get in on? I thought it was just generic 00's rugged white male vs generic 80's bad guys.
>>
>>337447105
Nigger do you think peoples don't have PS3s and tried an Uncrapted game at least once? It doesn't matter than this one is on PS4, Uncharted was always shit.
>>
>>337446087
>super human ability
>still can't beat a black woman who don't need no man
>>
File: 1443083020250.png (371 KB, 550x412) Image search: [Google]
1443083020250.png
371 KB, 550x412
>>337445507

/thread
I'm going to leave this thread and everybody will still be bitching and when the same person makes the same thread the same drones in this thread will follow and bitch agian.

so enjoy.
>>
>>337447317
Nah, this shit only in end of each game and looks very retarded. Also, no real demons, it was all the dream.
>>
>>337447465
Ok then. Money saved.
>>
>>337447317
To be fair, the demons were a hallucination. But you might zombies in 1 and weird blue ape men things in 2.
>>
Chun Li can shoot fireballs and spin upside down faster than a washing machine.
>>
>>337447317
Eh, it's not like they're that expensive now. You can probably get a used copy of the collection for like $15, PS3 games should be equally as cheap.
>>
>>337447204
Drake has 99% of his kills in guns though.
He can't even properly CQC big guys since they'll just autoblock your first attack and counter.
>>
>>337447115

This got nothing to do with the sassy need no man bacl power womyn, but you don't know much about trained fighting if you think training means you are always on equal grounds with all other trained fighters.

That being said, this is still a blatant girl power moment. Expect to see more of them in modern videogames, but I seem to be amongst the unvocal minority that believes it'S not gonna last for long. SJW don't play videogames, but they talk real big in the socio-political scene, so of course retarded PR executives who are incompetent at analyzing market data are going to think this is good publicity to do shit like this for a while, but SJW are eventually going to move on and so will the market.

My own opinion is that, after that, worse is gonna come, become videogames have become a soulless cash machine.
>>
Uncharted isn't realistic, but it's characters are still grounded.
Know the difference.
>>
File: 1462988197656.jpg (78 KB, 680x454) Image search: [Google]
1462988197656.jpg
78 KB, 680x454
This is why
>>
>>337445117
shes small as fuck and nathan is a one man army

its a joke, she even has some lame ass afro that you would see in a 70s parody comedy film
>>
>>337444421
>i-i'm mad because of p-pandering.... ok?! i totally wouldn't be mad if it was a Caucasian or light-skinned character, b-baka
>GIVE ME MUH REALISM, THESE ZOMBIES ARE SUPPOSED TO SHAMBLE SLOWER JUST LIKE IN REAL LIFE, I HAVE LITERALLY JUMPED FROM A BURNING AIRPLANE
>DRAKE COULD BE NADINE, THE PROOF IS IN ME, I'M 6'5, 200 POUNDS ALL MUSCLE 2% BODYFAT AND A MASTER OF ACROBATICS AND 7 DIFFERENT FORMS OF MARTIAL ARTS ALSO I WAS A NAVY SEAL WHO WENT ON COVERT OPS AND HELPED THE CIA TAKE OUT DANGEROUS CRIMINALS ALSO STEVEN SEAGAL TRAINED ME
>>
File: 929198_20080820_screen010.jpg (528 KB, 1687x3596) Image search: [Google]
929198_20080820_screen010.jpg
528 KB, 1687x3596
>>337444421
>Capcom game
>Chun-li
If you want comparison at least pick the black one.
>>
>>337444421
Grils in nip shit usually have godlike powers that transcend gender.

The 100lb thing on the left is beating the shit out of Rambo.

Please.
>>
>>337445196
>political agenda
yeah there's no political agenda when it's a white person, then it's just real, right?
>>
>>337446645
>Also Nadine didn't get any Narrative build up compared to Marlow in Uncharted 3
That makes it even worse. it's as if a literal nobody is constantly slapping his shit. If she was developed then maybe it would be fine
>>
First it was women invading our video games, now its black people.

When will this nightmare end.
>>
>>337448127
All they need to do is make Nadine do a spinning bird kick in that fight. That's all it needs.
>>
>>337446825
fuck this isn't real is it? what did he work on?
>>
File: 1460474930089.jpg (51 KB, 720x757) Image search: [Google]
1460474930089.jpg
51 KB, 720x757
>>337445865
Don't you have to help your wife's son do his homework? He'll beat you up if you don't.
>>
>>337448493
>isn't real
It is.
>Naughty Dog Game Designer Emilia Schatz is a trans woman, yet she had to work for a time shoulder to shoulder with her friends at the studio dressed as a man. Coming out is not always easy, and it takes a while for many to gather that kind of resolve.
>>
>>337448493
Also.
>When you play Uncharted 4 (out May 10), remember that a nice trans woman helped make it.
https://twitter.com/thegreatbluebit/status/715681455880347648
>>
Because no female would be able to beat up a man, let alone in a 2 v 1 situation. Plus it's pretty ridiculous that you ruthlessly murder all her co-workers, but than you somehow get a heart and go out of your way to not kill her. Doesn't make sense.
>>
>>337448843
>>337448753

Fuck, I already own the game. I'm only few hours in..

This is going to ruin my immersion
>>
>>337448959
If it really affects you that much, you might want to be checked for autism.
>>
>>337448897
Isn't Nathan a ladies' man?
>>
>>337444421
Oh god she's so ugly
>>
File: 1451032485020.jpg (29 KB, 238x357) Image search: [Google]
1451032485020.jpg
29 KB, 238x357
>>337449037
Yes, I'm not fond of the LGBT community and how they shove their cocks down our """""CIS""""" throats..

fuck this community and sick ideology and I don't want to support it in any way.

Bioware and their gay parade was also shoving their LGBT cocks down player's throats with Dragon Age and other games

Naughty Dog with the whole Nadine kicking Drake's ass for female empowerment and Drake has a daughter..
>>
>>337449339
Wouldn't SJW hate it though because later she has to get saved by a man (misogyny)?
>>
>>337444421
no one ever blame elena though
not because of kawaii anime desu but its whether theres a devs agenda or not.
>>
>>337449569
it's because fighting games aren't grounded in reality or consistency at all

you can't compare an interactive movie with a fighting game
>>
>>337444421
One is a single woman out of many who can fight on equal grounds as the men, meaning she can lose as well as win.

The other is the token villain woman who literally cannot lose at any point despite being an antagonist. It's also obvious that it was an agenda move since it is known that the devs are SJW cunts who removed Donut Drake for being "immature".
>>
>>337448127
She just there as a generic badass paramilitary gril to pseudo pander to SJWs, Even Rafe has better character motivation and resolve than her. Only Anita saw it while other SJW female reviewers like Nadine
>>
Chun li got fucked up hard by vega
>>
Wait... There's something else about this game that anons are remotely interested in besides nitpicking about the graphics and whatnot?
>>
>>337444421
not a japanese game.
see mgs3
>>
>>337444421
I don't mind her being a stong capable bad-ass, at all.
I don't mind that she's the leader of a massive mercenary company, and that she can kick the shit out of two muscular men at the same time.
I think she's a fun antagonist, pretty well written.

What I did take issue with, however, is that she just walks away at the end.
What the fuck was that about?
She's an objectively evil character, has on multiple occassions tried to murder the main characters and leaves the game as she leaves them to die.
Every other antagonist in the Uncharted games got killed. Every other antagonist got murdered, some even in gruesome ways.
Fuck, Rafe gets fucking squished in this game.
But now the strong, capable, black female bad-ass who has basically won every fair fight in the game gets to walk away for no reason.
It's super weird, and it seems like they just didn't want to have to deal with the backlash they'd get if they'd killed their most positive black female representation to date.

This is the company that removed Donut Drake to spare other people's feelings, after all.
>>
>>337449932
But she did lost once and got hostaged, Almost got killed if Nate didn't stopped his brother
>>
>>337446857
>he clearly holds back in all of his fights with her
In the fights to the death?
What a swell guy.
>>
>>337445865
You're being sarcastic but the funny thing is you're not wrong.
>>
>>337444421
It's pandering, and contributing to women abounding their femininity.
>>
gamerkin are triggered easily
>>
>>337444421
My big problem with Nadine is that she is easily more of a threat than Rafe. She beats your ass twice, one of which where you had back up is completely capable and amazing and without flaws the entire game. Also she owns an army. Then Rafe smacks her once and is immediately double crossed by her in the very next scene.
Why Rafe gave her a gun I have no idea.
And furthermore the end culminates into this big sword fight and you'd think you'd be able to beat big tough Nadine who kicked your ass hand to hand and finally overcome that big obstacle you couldnt before but nope.
She just exits stage left, it's retarded and you fight Rafe for no reason.
What should've happened was Nadine should've killed Rafe to take the treasure herself with whats left her Goons. Then you and Sam try to take her and the last of them in the ship, destroying it in the process, pinning Sam down and you having to fight her.
And just like the Rafe fight, she ultimately bests you but you cut the rope and kill her.
TL;DR: The ending stunk.
>>
>>337449339

Yes a person worked on this game in some capacity so that is shoving something down your throat. Especially love the way you had to be told on /v/ about it.

You are fucking mental.
>>
>>337446087
>mentality disabled sonygger enters the thread
>>
>>337445281
This so fucking much... I want to bang her
>>
Because she is a female nigger and the character was originally written to be a white male until my wifes jewish boyfriend got involved in development and told them they had to change the character to a female nigger.
>>
>>337450681
Best part of all this is that this is the same series that people once complained about being racist because you play a white guy beating up minorities. It's like they did a complete 180 on that. Just how much did the dev team change?
>>
File: laugh4.gif (112 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
laugh4.gif
112 KB, 150x150
>>337444934
I just fucking love how you're complaining about this being unrealistic in a universe where you kill hundreds of guys on your own, survive plane and train crashes, find long-lost civilizations on a yearly basis, some Russian mercenary faggot becomes a superman and you destroy sinks with the faces of thus assaulting you in the bathroom.
>>
>>337451083
Are you dumb? You're implying the minority thing was done out of spite.
>>
File: 1453786017501.jpg (54 KB, 500x664) Image search: [Google]
1453786017501.jpg
54 KB, 500x664
>>337446645
Two things. Firstly, Drake beats up trained mercenaries in all the PS3 games. In the second game, he can take dudes in full armor plating, taking their helmets off in one combo and then knocking out with the next combo.

Uncharted 3 starts with him beating up a bar full of men and a 7ft tall behemoth. U3 has several other "pit" fights where Drakes takes over 10 guys and giant dudes by himself.

Secondly, and more importantly, it makes for shit gameplay if there is no way to beat the nigress in a fight that's happening in real time gameplay. Having no win/fail state difference makes it literally an interactive cutscene. You may as well drop the controller and let the nigress punch you until the segment ends. There should be a way to beat her, however hard it is, and the game should play a different cutscene for it.
>>
/pol/ is shit
>>
>>337451230
What I'm implying is that the devs used to not give a shit, or at least not when it came to men. Learn reading comprehension you faggot.
>>
>>337444421

Ok you chuckle fuck imagine if everytime you fought Chun-Li the game removes almost all of your moves and locks you into a cutscene.

For the single purpose of making Chun-li look like a threat. Would you be fine with that? Only Chun-li though you get to use your full armoury and skillset against every other character.

Sam has been in a 3rd World Prison for most of his life, still gets his ass kicked at the sametime as Nate is there. Its brutally obvious in the worst way possible.
>>
>>337451406
Perfectly said. The thread can die now.
>>
>>337451159
>I just fucking love how you're complaining about this being unrealistic

I wasn't, but Uncharted try to FEEL more realistic than Street Fighter and so certain things. Uncharted tries to present itself as a more plausible albeit highly unlikely scenario, while Street Fighter is purposely campy and over the top. Uncharted presents itself in a way like "this could really happen," so that you immerse yourself in the experience like you are Nathan Drake narrowly avoiding death at every turn with your mad skills and uncovering ancient secrets. Street Fighter is basically anime with everybody wearing ridiculous outfits to remind you "this is a video game, don't take it seriously".

I was pointing that OP is basically comparing apples and oranges, because "that's not realistic" is a more valid complaint against something in Uncharted which does try to take itself a little more seriously than Street Fighter does. Realism in Uncharted, where it appears is usually praised, while too much realism in Street Fighter would be weird, all things considered. Plus, while Chun-Li is a strong fighter, she's not really a Mary Sue that feels like she's being used for a political statement, it's not as though she's doing extra damage against Ryu because some self-depreciating Japanese super leftist feels like she needs to cause she's Chinese and Ryu's Japanese and if Ryu can easily beat her it's somehow insensitive to the victims of Nanking. Not only that but people are also complaining about how Drake shouldn't be getting his ass handed to whom by some black dyke so easily.

There are perfectly consistent reason, whether valid or not, to have a problem with one but not the other.
>>
>>337445935
>>337445860
>>337446087
>>337447182
>>337451159
Perhaps he should have used the word grounded.
Uncharted doesnt have people suplexing you through concrete and shooting fireballs as a regular daily occurrence.
>>
>>337451406
>There should be a way to beat her, however hard it is, and the game should play a different cutscene for it.
I don't think that should be necessary but it would be cool as hell.
>>
>>337452082
Uncharted isn't grounded.
>>
>>337452175
It is.
>>
>>337452175
>>
>>337451406

Counterpoint: She's stronger than drake
>>
>>337452092
You don't even have to have him beat her, just fight her to a stalemate or something.

Forced losses are really lazy game design.
>>
I would have been fine with her beating the shit out of him if she did it in a more realistic way. Using speed and agility. A woman over-powering a man just looks ridiculous.

Street Fighter is a cartoon.
>>
>>337450317
I mostly agree with this, with the exception of her beating both Nate and Sam.
She's buff, she's skilled, but Nathan alone has put up a better fight against more imposing people. See the start of U3.
>>
>>337444421
She should have been more muscular and wore tight tank tops you could see her abs through with bigger tits.

There I fixed it because people would be begging to get whooped by her I know I would.
>>
>>337453219
why are you ok with drake beating up people stronger than him but not nadine beating up people stronger than her?
>>
>>337453314

Nadine isn't the hero
>>
>>337452640
She's at least 100lbs lighter than Drake and a woman. No way she could be stronger.
>>
>>337453314
That's not what imposing means, nor what stronger means.
>>
>>337452753
A game like Uncharted can get away with those kind of cutscene fights since being ultra scripted is its thing. For most other games I agree though. Its especially bad if you can game over in the fight but then winning the fight has you lose anyway but without the game over for no real reason.
>>
>>337452082
>shooting fireballs as a regular daily occurrence.

actually it fucking does....
these games have all had supernatural elements to them. Have you played them at all?

There are litterally guys will flaming skeleton heads, blue immortal dudes who can fly, zombies and shit etc.
>>
>>337453472
>sidestepping when you obviously know what I mean
>>
>>337453314
Drake didn't beat up the big boys in U3 by pinning them to walls and out muscling them.
>>
>>337453421
Maybe she juices.
>>
>>337453421

women in the uncharted universe are as strong as men
see: chloe, elena
>>
File: nuku08 (1).jpg (164 KB, 818x553) Image search: [Google]
nuku08 (1).jpg
164 KB, 818x553
>>337446087
Why does Nates home look so average and shitty? Shouldnt he be rich as fuck from his adventures?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (23 KB, 457x298) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
23 KB, 457x298
>>337452082
>>337452501
>>337453421

>Realistic
>Grounded

Im starting to think the people making these claims have never played (or finished?) and Uncharted game.

It literally has purple ogres who are immortal in 2...
>>
>>337453513
It isn't getting away with it in my books. I'm seeing it as bullshit.
>>
>>337453678
They aren't magical or non-human. That's where the grounded part comes from.
>>
>>337445117
>Nate is a decent fighter, but he's not formally trained
He's still twice her size. Nadine does shit in those fights that's literally physics defying. It's like whoever wrote and animated those had no idea what momentum was.
>>
>>337453643
He never got the main treasure in the games. In 4 he explains to his brother how he sold the little trinkets (collectibles) he sold to pay off his mortgage and car and living expenses. He's good but he ain't living lavishly.
>>
Uncharted 2 was the worst offender.

How is Drake able to out-muscle these guys?

>Guardians of Shambhala
>Literally immortal
>150lbs heavier than Drake
>Completely outnumber Drake
>Superhuman strength

Drake manages to defeat several of these guys!?

How the fuck do they get away with such unrealistic feats of strengths from Nigresses in 4 and normal guys in 2?
>>
>>337453643
He's American
>>
>>337453813
skill
>>
>>337453813

Weapons, you cannot really melee them.
>>
File: sakura-fireball.gif (33 KB, 205x125) Image search: [Google]
sakura-fireball.gif
33 KB, 205x125
>>337453535
These are always presented as extraordinary events in the context of the series, little Jimmy down the road doesnt develop air slashers because he pretended to be Ryu after he saw him on TV.
>>
>>337453546
No, you simply misunderstand.
Nate has, in the previous games shown more strength and skill than he does in the fights with Nadine.
Nate has thrown, lifted, wrestled and struggled with physically stonger people than Nadine.
He has taken more punches with more force than Nadine could ever put out physically.
Her pinning him down undoes all of that.

And her beating the snot out of both Sam and Nate at the same time is even weirder.

But maybe shitpost again and misrepresent what I say some more.
>>
>>337453606

Neither is as strong, physically. Not even remotely close.
>>
>>337453747

>"The Shambhala Guardians are supernatural creatures that appear in Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. They were humans (most likely ancient Tibetans) that transformed when they ingested the resin/sap of the Tree of Life. They are tasked with stopping anyone who is close to finding or trespasses into the lost city of Shambhala."

Are you seriously claiming that a military women beating a guy in a fight is more unrealistic than all the shit that happens in Uncharted?
>>
>>337444421

/v/ getting triggered yet again. Fucking idiots.
>>
>>337444421
You can fairly fight Chun-li.
You can't do shit against that 2 QTE character.
>>
>>337453917

Yes. Two adult men against one trained woman = the woman dies, not "one guy is knocked the fuck out and the other is superkicked out the goddamn window".
>>
>>337453751

>Literally physic defying.

NATHAN FUCKING DRAKE USING A SPIDER MAN WEB! RIDES THE BACK OF A FUCKING CAR! AND DEFIES FUCKING PHYSICS ON A DAY TO DAY LIKE ITS FUCKING NOTHING!

Its a strong black don't need no man jigaboo but it works in the context of the story, Bitch is a world class merc leader. She also uses kung fu while Drake flails around like the idiot he is.
>>
File: 1439010619917321.png (213 KB, 600x393) Image search: [Google]
1439010619917321.png
213 KB, 600x393
>>337446468
What grinds my gears most about this is not that she fights good, but he fights like a fucking retard and there's nothing you can do to change it because the game is too cinematic and restricts the player tremendously.
>>
>>337453678
It IS grounded, within the series these things are treated as extraordinary and shocking.
>>
>>337445860
Pliz anon
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/04/05/donut-drake-removed-from-uncharted-4
>>
File: no-profile-photo.png (5 KB, 245x243) Image search: [Google]
no-profile-photo.png
5 KB, 245x243
When game has realistic portrayals of women that /v/ dislikes

> SJW pandering!

When a game has unrealistic portrayals of women that /v/ dislikes

>SJW pandering!

When a game has unrealistic portrayals of women /v/ enjoys

>Its supposed to be fantasy! Fuck off SJWs!
>>
>>337453917
>game has mystical creatures
>well, that obviously means we should ignore all other notions of reality that have been established ever
>>
>>337454107

Dude, world class means absolutely fucking nothing at all. There is only so much muscular mass a woman her frame can build up, and guess what? It is NOTHING compared to what a freeclimber like Nathan Drake has on himself. He's six feet, one-ninety, yet he can barely lift her against the wall and it lasts three seconds before he's pushed back. She on the other hand near literally nails him to the table and he can't do shit, he's almost choked out. Wake up.
>>
>>337454202
I dont think a women beating up a few guys is that big a deal though.

Did people get angry in MGSV when Quiet was wrecking everyone?
>>
>>337446468
this is one of the most sexi fight i've ever seen in my life
>>
>>337453883
or like, shes stronger and more skilled than drake
>>
Omg shut up guys, who cares about realism, its a VIDEOGAME. Not only that, but theres a hud and an aiming reticle.

I mean come on, you dont have aiming reticles in real life idiots, isnt that a bit more immersion breaking?
>>
File: downgrarted 4.jpg (310 KB, 1168x1988) Image search: [Google]
downgrarted 4.jpg
310 KB, 1168x1988
>>337446468
QTE are literally the choose how do you want to be kicked in the ass.
>>
>>337454263
No, because in the established MGS universe that's pretty standard, she's physically enhanced and it's not based around reducing another's skill suddenly.
>>
>>337454263
Quiet's an enhanced super soldier.
The MGS universe is also a lot more fantastical than Uncharted.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (37 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
37 KB, 1280x720
/v/ in general is intimidated by muscle girls and black girls. ESPECIALLY MUSCLED BLACK GIRLS.

If it was a character they wanted to fuck then they wouldnt have a problem.

Pic related. A game that has supernatural elements but is still "grounded" in reality, at least as much as Uncharted is. This girl didnt get complaints about being unrealistic because /v/ was busy jerking off about her.
>>
>>337454278
Except Drake fights noticably worse than ever, and goed down quicker than ever.

She's still human in Uncharted that means something, this isn't mgs or something.
>>
File: y9TLwEu (1).jpg (995 KB, 1280x1600) Image search: [Google]
y9TLwEu (1).jpg
995 KB, 1280x1600
>>337453802
Thats actually kinda cool, Ive only played 1 and 2, I kinda want to rent 4 just to check out the 3d modeling of his house. I'm also an architect so thats not so weird.

>>337453814
True, americans have some of the worst taste in architecture.
>>
Chun Li shoots fireballs, turns into a spinning helicopter, and can kick faster than your premature ejaculation in a game with other people that shoot fireballs, turn into demons, are stretchy and breathe fire, protect red skies, can teleport, etc.

Nadine is a short black lady that beat up a guy taller and broader than her that has tangoed with nazi vampire zombies and their distant cousins the crazy island cannibal vampire zombie, ancient tibetan warriors high on crazy tree sap that makes people immortal, and may or may not have fought evil sand genies.

One makes sense in the universe they presented, the other doesn't.
>>
>>337454621
Did you play TLOU?

That has some pretty comfy houses. Especially the opening level. ND make good houses.
>>
>>337454560
>A game that has supernatural elements but is still "grounded" in reality, at least as much as Uncharted is.
Do you simply not play these games, or something?
>>
>>337454552
>More fantastical than Uncharted
It's arguable that mechs are more "realistic" than fucking ancient super-zombies.
>>
File: Ski-Cabin-Kvitfjell-Norway-3.jpg (207 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
Ski-Cabin-Kvitfjell-Norway-3.jpg
207 KB, 1200x799
>>337454621
Architecture thread?
>>
>>337454430

failing makes you literally fucking die, winning headbutts her which allows you to escape. This picture is retarded
>>
>>337454703
I have completed every single game of both franchises.

MGS3 The Boss completely beats the shit out of Snake several times. People are completely cool with this because "She got teh epin skillz!".

I dont see how this changes in Uncharted.
>>
File: 1453171653126.jpg (76 KB, 624x479) Image search: [Google]
1453171653126.jpg
76 KB, 624x479
>>337454560
>/v/ in general is intimidated by muscle girls and black girls
>implying /v/ doesn't love delicious brown skin and muscle girls
>>
File: 1439704543674.png (742 KB, 1204x583) Image search: [Google]
1439704543674.png
742 KB, 1204x583
>>337454560
>at least as much as Uncharted is
I think I missed the part where Drake sliced a mech in half because ???
>>
>>337454808
you want a real answer

people on /v/ like mgs and hate uncharted
>>
>>337454808
Motherfucker, that's not even what I was pointing out, you dense asshole.

Well baited, I'm done now.
>>
>>337454845
Delicious "Brown" is considered tanned Caucasian girls or Latinas by most of the faggots here.
>>
>>337454913
solid snake won because he had superior genetics

keep up, anon
>>
>>337454913
No. You just missed the part where supernatural zombies, blue ogre men who live forever and flaming skull demons all kick Drakes ass.
>>
>>337454964
Of course, black people have unattractive features.
>>
>>337444421
Black chick looks like MJ before he turns into a werewolf.
>>
>>
>>337454705
MGS has parasites that turn you invisible, legitimate ghosts, psychics, nanomachines that can make you do practically anything, cyborgs that can suplex mechs and men named Hot Coldman.

This is a world in which people are fooled by Snake hiding in a cardboard box and its never treated as something silly.
>>
File: gamer bro.jpg (22 KB, 600x271) Image search: [Google]
gamer bro.jpg
22 KB, 600x271
>>337455084
>>
>>337455102
Have you finished a single Uncharted game, i dont want to spoil it anon?
>>
>>337454808
Because from the very beginning of MGS3 the rules of the universe are clearly established. We had a reason for why the Boss was better, why Snake had difficulties with her, and eventually we get a pay off for the story between the two that Kojima promptly shit on in every game following it.

This chick just shows up in Uncharted and for no reason defies everything the rules of Uncharted have established in every game before it with no explanation. Hell, it doesn't even make sense when you consider the shit Nate does throughout Uncharted 4.

I'm supposed to believe that this girl can beat Nathan Drake in a fist fight with no explanation for it? If Uncharted 1, 2, and 3 didn't exist and this was the first time we ever saw Drake on an adventure? Sure, but it isn't the first Drake adventure.
>>
>>337454992
>some ancient myths/curses are true, like zombies and yetis
>now this setting is as over the top and unrealistic as the world with language virusses, giant killer physic controlled mechs, a guy controlling bees and shooting them from a machinegun formed by bees, flame whales and cyborg ninjas cutting up skyscraper size mechs
>both universes follow the same rules of physics now I guess
>>
File: lifting.jpg (164 KB, 596x799) Image search: [Google]
lifting.jpg
164 KB, 596x799
>>337454278
>>
>>337455219
CONTEXT IS KEY

WITHIN UNCHARTED THESE ARE PRESENTED AS LUDICROUS THINGS THAT NOBODY THOUGHT WERE POSSIBLE

IN MGS PEOPLE JUST GO OH YEAH PARASITES THAT REACT TO LANGUAGE AND TURN YOU INVISIBLE AND LET YOU TRAVEL AT SUPER SPEED, THAT SOUNDS REASONABLE
>>
>>337455243
What rules does it break?

Nadine is a new character. The introduction of her character showed us that she is capable of outfighting Drake.
>>
>>337455364
Play MGS1 buddy.

Every time something nuts happens the characters have fucking anxiety attacks. Solid Snake is a skeptical of every fucking thing he sees, its only in 4 when he isnt completely dumbfounded everytime he sees something supernatural.
>>
>>337455102
>>337455364

So what you're saying is that they're both on a spectrum.
Just because MG leans on Sci-fi and Uncharted leans on Fantasy doesn't mean they're both not on the same ground.

The spoken narrative doesn't change the fact that both universes have messed up shit that the player can expect more of.
>>
>>337455328
The fact that women in the pic is stronger AND lighter than you. Shows that some women can compete with some men.
>>
>>337455519
Good thing there's 6 canon games and Solid Snake isnt the only character so we can see how other people act in this universe.
>>
>500 year old Spanish zombies that protect the city of gold is more believable than a military leader beating Drake's ass.
Uncharted was a mistake
>>
>>337455629
>stronger AND lighter
>lighter
You might want to read it again
>>
>>337455651
Good thing there's 4 canon games and Nate isnt the only character so we can see how other people act in this universe.

Stop changing the fucking goal posts to suit your argument. Quit pushing your shitty political agenda onto a videogame.
>>
>>337455629
Do you have trouble reading or something?
>>
>>337455729
I made the assumption that every frothing at the mouth neckbeard on this website is also a fat sack of shit.
>>
>>337455219
I think you're desperately combining story and gameplay into a whole to make a point.
Yes, ingame rope swinging looks silly.
Yes, there are myth monsters that you could punch.
Yes, Drake can soak multiple bullets and be just fine minutes later.

You'll notice that story-wise, one bullet fucking kills him if he doesn't get treated.

In MGS the crazy shit you do in gameplay is acknowledged as part of the story, setting and universe. Cyborgs can summon lightning, a language virus does make you near godlike.
But in Uncharted gameplay is more unrealistic than the setting, for entertainment purposes, and seperate from the story.
Drake can't survive a shotgunblast to tbe chest... in cutscenes.
>>
>>337455419
So now we have this utterly normal black chick who, even with her muscle definition is smaller than Drake in every way, can outfight the guy that has traded blows with ancient Tibetan warriors, nazi vampire zombies, Russians twice his size and twice as mean, crazy Spaniards buzzing with zombie boost power, and a magician.

All of this is just because. They don't give a reason for it. She's got nothing special. She's just some super chick that can beat Drake, beat Drake and his brother at the same time, can punch through shit like she's the Hulk, etc.

We're literally supposed to believe that she can do this, just because. You have to pretend everything before Uncharted 4 never happened for it to make any sense.
>>
Because nadine has pubes on top of her head. Nathan cant get a grip with all dat grease.
>>
File: 1462444752987.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1462444752987.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>337455919
>He thinks anything but crushing difficulty is canon.
>>
>>337455932
>traded blows
He shot them though.
>>
>>337455797
Even if that was true, how is someone who has trained in lifting to the point of being the Olympic record holder for her entire gender beating the shit out of a fat loser who's probably never left his house before somehow validate some skinny chick beating the shit out of two adult men who have managed to beat fucking immortal zombie dudes before?
>>
>>337456031
And they threw exploding sap at him. What's your point? That the shitty QTE button smashing where he punches their face to get free doesn't happen?
>>
>>337455593
No what I'm saying is that MGS treats its extraordinary elements differently and the context of the series is key to what you can make the player believe about the universe.

>>337455730
Yeah they act fucking shocked that there's zombies and ogres.

I'm not changing any goalposts, Uncharted is a grounded series and takes itself rather seriously, its not on the same level as MGS and definitely not on the same level as Street Fighter.

The tone of the world changes what people are willing to accept about it, and Uncharted keeps its world fairly realistic, there's crazy elements but they're treated as such by the characters and world. This is why people are complaining about this.
>>
>>337456134
The rules of Nadine are never established. Why is it hard to conceive that she is some kind of amazing martial arts genius who can beat these two guys?

Its also worth noting that all of Nates victories are based around trickery and his ability to climb things.

He isnt supposed to be some expert in hand to hand combat.
>>
>>337455989
Maybe play that difficulty sometime, his point is the same.
In gameplay you survive shit that storywise kills you, while in MGS the setting is so over the top gameplay fits right into the story.

The two settings are not nearly the same, which is the point. MGS is far more unrealistic.
>>
>>337456239
Because she's not doing any amazing martial arts or anything, she's literally just out muscling the dudes.
>>
File: 1447018933608.jpg (228 KB, 1920x1281) Image search: [Google]
1447018933608.jpg
228 KB, 1920x1281
>>337454742
I'd indulge you more if we were on fa and I wasnt trying to finish a 3d model for a client. I really need to stop leaving v open on my laptop while im at work.

Anyway that wood treatment is fucking nice, landscaping is kind of unfortunate but I could see some nice gardening happening in the future there. Always plant regional flora nigga
>>
File: 1440263571738.jpg (288 KB, 1257x1594) Image search: [Google]
1440263571738.jpg
288 KB, 1257x1594
>>337444421
SF girls are usually seasoned martial artists with well defined muscles and doomsday weapon-tier legs. They're also only as good in a fight as the chucklefuck controlling them.

Nadine is yet another skinny waif with no charisma who effortlessly beats the shit out of big tough guys with her Joss Whedon STRONG FEMALE CHARACTER voodoo no matter what button you push. Nadine a shit.
>>
>>337456239
Because now you're just making shit up to fill in the gaps.
>>
>>337456434
Good shit
>>
>>337456184
I don't remember it actually. I haven plated it in years.
>>
Why are people acting like Drake is some sort of master martial artist?
>He fights men all of the time
at the players discretion. You're supposed to separate cutscenes from gameplay retards.
>b-but the bar scene
Where he beat up a bunch of British bar thugs? The most threatening being some guy who was big as fuck but still couldn't fight for shit?
>But he kills a gajllion people!
And Nadine, a leader of a PMC doesn't? Nobody would bat an eye if it was a skinny black guy. I mean, they'd still whine that he was a nigger but it certainly wouldn't be a big issue.
>>
>>337451406
Nadine has plot armor unlike those common mercenaries you idiot. Also don't compare her other mercs, she's a self made woman who establised Shoreline from ground up according to Sully. Rafe is bit jealous of her because she already had her success story of establishing her own company unlike Rafe who inherited his company and fortune, Which is why she went ape shit on Nate and Sam because they killed most of her men
and destroyed her company

Also she got aerial punched by Nate got hostages by Sam and later betrayed by her own men. so don't tell she can't beat her, you utterly humiliated her which was boner inducing some guy in the /vg/
>>
>>337457398
Im convinced Drake isnt human
he gets shot in the stomach, is in a catastrophic train crash right afterwards and then immediately starts climbing and fucking guys up
>>
>>337444421
/v/ is sexist and racist, thats it.
>>
>>337444421
Chun Li is a fighting game character. She can win or lose, depending on the player. If you suck at using her, then you'd lose. If you suck at fighting her (or just fighting games in general), then you'd lose. If you're good at using her and/or fighting her and other characters, then you'd win.

Nadine is just some introduced Mary Sue character that can beat the main protag, who's a Marty Stu that has beaten an army. Nadine is nothing but pandering and has little to no redeeming value whatsoever.

Apples to oranges, with a rotten orange (Nadine).
>>
Are we gonna get a new game starring Nates QT daughter?
>>
Isn't Drake like a retired dad by the beginning of this game, no wonder he gets his ass kicked
>>
>>337457398
What does Nadine being the leader of a PMC have to do with anything? Are you really so dumb that you've completely forgotten Lazarevic existed?
>>
>>337444421
Nadine is black
Shes in a western game
Shes in a game that most of /v/ doesnt care about
>>
>>337444934
>in a game set in a universe that tries to feel more realistic

He goes to literal Shangri La you fucking autist.
>>
>>337458871
>implying Shangri La isnt real
>>
>>337454592
He fights the exact same, like a clumsy dongus
>>
Please tell me we at least get to kill off Nadine. Drake kills all other UC villains.
>>
>>337459075
>Drake kills all other UC villains.
Didn't he leave the guy in 2 though?

>>337458672
No, but it's been a few years since UC3 and you can see his hair greying so he's getting old.
>>
>>337458692
>Are you really so dumb that you've completely forgotten Lazarevic existed?
To be completely fair you never fight Lazarevic fistcuffs and if you try he just smacks your shit.
>>
>>337458634
Maybe when they want to make some quick cash
>>
>>337458692
Because you never fist fight him asswipe.
>>
>>337453813
Immortal≠invincible

Drake just shot the fuck out of them
>>
>>337447105
You don't think anyone plays SFV on PC, do you? For all intents and purposes, SFV is also a PS4 exclusive.
>>
>>337453869
and then you post a picture of Sakura who learned how to do fireballs by simply copying Ryu
>>
>>337458692
>Are you really so dumb that you've completely forgotten Lazarevic existed?
He never really fought him in hand to hand combat. He just shot the fruit around him to make it explode then the two guardians kicked his ass.
>>
>>337453813

>Drake fights off these guys in melee despite super human feats of strength
>Nobody gives a shit

>Black woman who is clearly trained in combat edges out Drake
>Nooooooo muh realism

This board is the worst.
>>
>>337459497
Thats the point.
>>
>>337455932
whats worse is that every fight with her is more or less an interactive cutscene. there is literally no point in fighting. Hell there is literally no point for her BEING IN THE STORY IN THE FIRST PLACE. she can have easily been written out of the game and NOTHING would change
>>
>>337458634
I hope so
>>
>>337444421
nadine is a nigger
>>
Do you kill her at the end or does she become one of the good guys?
>>
>>337454207
you have no idea how fighting works dumbass
>>
>>337444421
niggas in western games are too serious and just bore everyone else except serious niggas and sjws.
niggas in japanese game are soulful and entertain everyone even though they are stereotypical and some nervous niggas whine about it.
>>
>>337462574

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/overpower

Go practice some more of your useless kata, bitch.
>>
>>337453582
>that makes you stronger
KEK

DOES ANYBODY IN THIS THREAD EVER DONE ANY TRAINING IN HIS LIFE OR MARTIAL ARTS/FIGHT?

SHUT THE HELL UP
>>
>>337444421
It's all about intentions

Only one is trying to a be "mature" and super realistic.

Besides Chun Li is literal perfection
>>
Thanks for reminding me to not buy the game, i was kinda twisted, but not this time.

This will be a rent at best.
>>
>>337462927

Batista in mandrama used to tear his bycep all the fucking time, because he was twice his build due to juice, but he couldn't lift shit.
>>
>>337456524
>skinny waif

fuck nadine, but come on, they go out of their way to show off her bod, she's packing arms and legs that could crush walnuts.
>>
>>337462698
>niggas in japanese game
Examples?
Only things that come to mind is Rashid/Rusty from Ni No Kuni, Shinobu and Nate from No More Heroes, and some of the characters from Killer 7. None of them seem all that stereotypical aside from Nate, who just kinda dressed the part.
>>
In DMC3 no matter how good you do, you get your ass beat story wise by Vergil 1 on a literal cutscene.

How is it any different?
>>
>>337454803
So you can choose between die or get you ass kicked.
Great
>>
>>337464208

Vergil is your same sex nemesis.
>>
File: 1462779133048.webm (2 MB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
1462779133048.webm
2 MB, 940x529
>>337444934
This, first comment end the thread
>>
>>337444421
The black strong independent woman who needs no men is just there to push their shit agenda.
>>
>>337464208
That Dante and Vergil tie on the second encounter and Dante wins on the third
It's character progression. You see both Dante and Vergil get stronger throughout the game but you eventually come out on top on a fair fight
>>
>>337464590
This looks really bad. Especially when she kicks him out the window.
>>
>>337444421
>Can someone explain to me why /v/ is triggered and outraged over Nadine?
Because /v are bitter cucks. Just look at every Battlefield One threads.
It has nothing to do with sour grapes.
>>
>>337444934
>despite the fact that Nathan Drake should easily be able to handle her
Fistfight =/= armwrestling. Drake forgets about protecting his balls => Drake gets fucked pretty quick.
>>
>>337449339
You do know that straight people mention what they want to fuck all the time as well? Look at any given thread on /v/
fucking autist
>>
Drake is pretty shit at hand to hand combat, he winds his punches from fucking miles away
>>
File: 123059365569.jpg (61 KB, 448x473) Image search: [Google]
123059365569.jpg
61 KB, 448x473
>>337464590
>has a bottle next to him
>doesn't grab it and smash her face in with it
>>
>>337462574
That would actually be you.
Thread replies: 241
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.