[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GTX 1080 benchmarks leaked will you buy it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: CiUvF-SW0AA-REt.jpg (141 KB, 737x1024) Image search: [Google]
CiUvF-SW0AA-REt.jpg
141 KB, 737x1024
GTX 1080 benchmarks leaked

will you buy it?
>>
File: NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1080-GPUz.jpg (75 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1080-GPUz.jpg
75 KB, 960x720
final specs from GPUz
>>
No 1070 benchmark... dropped
>>
File: Nvidia anticonsumer.jpg (2 MB, 1200x7888) Image search: [Google]
Nvidia anticonsumer.jpg
2 MB, 1200x7888
>>337441186
>Nvidia

no
>>
>>337441186
Waiting to see what AMD brings to the table and I'll grab the best bang for my buck because I'm not a huge retard. Anyway the upgrade from my GTX 570 will be substantial!
>>
>>337441445

The irony here is that I've always had bad luck with radeon cards in the past and won't use anything but nvidia now so most of those complaints are "only works well on nvidia cards" so.... good? Am I supposed to give two fucks about other players?
>>
>>337441186
Waiting for AMD move.th

It doesn't seem like a huge leap in performance.
>>
>>337441445
>nvidia conspiracy theories.jpg
>>
>>337442009
>Nvidya a good company who dindu nuthin
>>
"Games only work on Nvidia"

Like this is supposed to be a negative for people who own or want to buy Nvidia
>>
>>337441186
>3D Mark

Real world bench when?
>>
>>337441186

Not a big enough upgrade over my 980ti to warrant paying for. I'll skip the next three gens or so, probably. Theres no software that makes use of this kind of processing power, save high end rendering or editing.

Pass.
>>
>>337442192
>Games only work with the latest GPU line from Nvidia

Fixed that for ya
>>
>>337442241
>not a big enough upgrade
>no software that makes use of this kind of processing power

What?
>>
>>337441186
>people still buying nvidia flagships after the cucking of the 780, 780tis

lmao watch how the 980ti suddenly loses its performance
>>
>>337441186
>3dmark
>>
>>337441445

Literally r/eddit
>>
Nah, probably gonna wait gen or two and then upgrade whole PC.
>>
>>337441445
Aside from the 970 scam, none of this is "anticonsumer".
>this poorly implemented tessellation is actually a conspiracy to mess with AMD cards and not just the result of Crytek incompetence
>this driver bug is actually a conspiracy to con people with 4 year old cards into buying new ones
>the slowdown advanced graphics techniques have on amd cards are obviously an nvidia conspiracy, and not just their historically bad drivers fucking up
>lol what the fuck is particle physics, nvidia conspiring again
>how dare nvidia stop people from overclocking laptop GPUs
>don't forget to send me reddit gold ;)
>>
>>337442884
>You'll find people online who will defend planned obsolescence and anticompetitive bullshit FOR FREE
Truly, I'm always impressed by how brainwashed some people are.
You probably don't own Nvidia shares, Nvidia doesn't give a fuck about you. If through their Gameworks program they lose about 5 fps on their cards in the latest game but AMD loses 15, it's a good deal for them. They don't care about anything but sales.
>>
>>337441186
970 still maxes everything I throw at it, modern or otherwise so no.
>>
So I have this GTX780 Superclocked EVGA card for years. Last year I ran the Witcher 3 perfectly with everything maxed (except hairworks lel) perfectly fine on fullHD. All of a sudden all these games that look way worse than the Witcher 3 start coming out yet perform horribly. Only exception is Battlefront, but I'm guessing that's because Frostbite 3 is very well optimized. Overwatch ran fine too.
>>
>>337443057
>anticompetitive
I love this meme. Just because nvidia make something that doesn't run well on AMD cards doesn't make it "anticompetitive". It means AMD's drivers are shit. Game developers labour to get their games running properly on AMD's awful drivers.
>A complete hodgepodge, inconsistent performance, very buggy, inconsistent regression testing, dysfunctional driver threading that is completely outside of the dev's official control. Unfortunately this vendor's GPU is pretty much standard and is quite capable hardware wise, so you can't ignore these guys even though as an organization they are idiots with software.
That's a developer describing AMD's situation. Don't give me shit about being an nvidia shill, at least they put their effort into shit that matters instead of mediocre console GPUs.
>>
>>337441445
>written by some semi-illiterate foreignshit
>>
>>337443767
>>game literally markets alongside nvidia hairworks (tm) which in turn cripples amd cards but does little to nothing to the actual game.
>>game comes free with nvidia cards on GPU purchase
>>game company didn't purposely make nvidia hairworks (tm) the "best way to play"

Keep going, Jeff. You'll be a lawyer someday
>>
>>337443767
20 cents have been deposited in your account :^)

Actually it would be a lot less pathetic if it were true.
>>
>>337443482
That's because new games released on both PC and console are literally so broken and fucked that they each need separately build driver translations in order to properly function "normally". Like, literally every one needs its own driver patch now...except for real developers who know what they're doing.

That's why you see nvidia patch 3.57.1.141 change logs of "60% increase in Batman Arkham City fps on ultra" patch notes because the Batman devs are fucking incapable of releasing a game that is written to the specs of your card. They are relying on their broken shit to be fixed on a per card basis by the card manufacturer.
>>
>>337443164
Just do not update your drivers anymore.
>>
>>337441186
what are 3dmark scores and why do they matter?

all i care about are fps benchmarks and dx12
>>
>>337441186
You're better off asking that on another board. /v/ is filled with kids who can barely pay for a game or understand how to download a torrent.
>>
>>337441186
All benchmarks are bullshit

Only idiots fall for that crap
>>
>>337447117
at least be subtle about your shitposting dude
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.