[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to play Super Meat Boy. Should I buy it for the PC or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_4992.jpg (46 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4992.jpg
46 KB, 460x215
I want to play Super Meat Boy.

Should I buy it for the PC or Wii U? Only difference I know is music has been changed for some reason, so which is better?
>>
>>337435826
>buying a PC game

Get the PC version.
>>
I might be wrong but I believe they also have different unlockable characters. You might wanna look into which set you like more, but in terms of the soundtrack, you're definitely better off with the PC version's soundtrack
>>
pc has better soundtrack, more control options, and level editorr. not sure if wii u has a level editor or if you can DL usermade levels
>>
Both of the soundtracks are pretty great.
PC soundtracks's is more electronic, while the 5th anniversary soundtrack's (ps4 and wii u) is more... organic? that's the only way i can explain it.

level editor on pc is obsolete since you can't upload anything

there are different characters, PC has Captain Viridian and Headcrab, while the PS4 (and i assume wii u) had shit like Gish and Alien Hominid

the control options are great either way, since the controls are adaptable to any kind of controller, just don't use a keyboard if you get it on pc
>>
PC version crashes on startup and they never bothered to fix it

you have to start it like 5 times to get it to launch
>>
>>337439856
don't listen to this anon, that only happens if you're a faggot who pirates the game wrong
>>
>>337435826
It's dirt cheap on PC, even was in Humble Bundle once.
>>
File: 1461912024474.jpg (1 MB, 3457x2779) Image search: [Google]
1461912024474.jpg
1 MB, 3457x2779
>>337435826
PC cuz the soundtrack is WAY better on pc
>>
>>337440336
The 5th Anniversary soundtrack is really underrated though.

C.H.A.D.'s theme, the Salt Factory theme, the Hospital theme, the Rapture theme, Dr. Fetus's theme, practically all the RETRO songs. All very good songs.

The PC version's best songs were the earlier ones. Forest Funk, The Battle of Lil' Slugger, Fast Track to Browntown.
>>
>>337440035
>works for me, maybe you shouldn't of pirated it ;)
>>
May aswell buy it on WiiU. Sounds like you are prone to make bad purchase decisions anyway
>>
>>337440879
i did pirate it you fucking moron
>>
File: 1462929914661.jpg (14 KB, 250x214) Image search: [Google]
1462929914661.jpg
14 KB, 250x214
>>337435826
>>337438571
>Only difference I know is music has been changed
>mfw it's true
First with Isaac and now with muh Boy. What the hell happened between Danny and Edmund?
>>
>>337441359

I heard they kind of got mad at each other for I don't know the reasons and stopped working together.

I tried the PS4 version of SMB and the music of the first levels was horrible.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2B5hBZAQ5A
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.