[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
u good asian from war of many dying spirit.. so humble with overbearing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: 2601413-1323159244-Dark-.jpg (488 KB, 1516x1758) Image search: [Google]
2601413-1323159244-Dark-.jpg
488 KB, 1516x1758
u good asian from war of many dying spirit.. so humble with overbearing darkness at great capacity. your soul is not the emperor to be allowed emotions without permission. but darkness in china is still everywhere around you

>u climb up ladder to next level
"10/10, MOST IMMERSIVE LADDER!! THIS TRANSIENT REALM OF WHIND AND GHOSTS IS AMAZING!! ALL THE NPCs MUTTER RANDOM CRYPTIC BULLSHIT AT ME!!!" - IGN

>u swing sword at enemy
11/10, "GROUND BREAKING COMBAT MIAZAKI DOES IT AGAIN!!!!" - Steam reviews + Neogaf

anyone else tired of souls shit?
>>
>>337434768
I'm tired of your shit, OP
>>
>>337435054

i should probably continue greentexting after the first line about the ladder..
to make it into a story

i don't feel what i currently have is adequate enough to mock the living shit out of these pathetic, mediocre, low budget games

feel free to contribute though
...its a work in progress
>>
>>337435239
I mean, I love the souls series, but youtubers and the fanbase are really making it stale. So I stay away from it, like most fanbases I encounter. Why exactly don't you like them? Nothing wrong to hate them, but what about it turns you off?
>>
>>337435607

yeah, you don't know shit about video games and your tastes are shit
>>
Thanks for the update on which games you don't like OP

Same time tomorrow? Or maybe you can just remake again in a few hours to remind us
>>
*unsubscribes from blog*
>>
>>337435685
Assuming you're here to gripe about a legitimate reason to hate the souls series and not to have a shitty bait, what about then turns you off? There is nothing wrong about disliking the series as I said before, but why so?
>>
File: gas.jpg (99 KB, 728x546) Image search: [Google]
gas.jpg
99 KB, 728x546
>>337434768
Fuck those other humorless fags, i genuinely laughed at this
>>
>>337435607

but please feel free to explain why you "love" the souls series

along side the dull singleplayer, i really feel that pvp is perhaps the most boring shit
its just two guys swinging swords at eachother.
this is the most basic thing, there is literally nothing special about it

there is no reason for this game to be held so high other than because its japanese.
there really is no other reason
>>
File: Eat Shit.jpg (18 KB, 510x281) Image search: [Google]
Eat Shit.jpg
18 KB, 510x281
>>337434768
>lazy deliberately vague half-assed writing
9001/10, "DEEPISS LURE!" - The Fans
>>
File: 1446135022244.jpg (44 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
1446135022244.jpg
44 KB, 500x435
>>337435960
>>
>>337435960
I'm not the one who asked a question. I answered it by implying that I'm not tired of it and asked why OP was tired of it.

From this reductionist point of view that it's two guys swinging a sword at each other in PvP can be applied to any video game genre.

I like that it's a properly made 3D castlevania (A series I loved growing up). Or that it's a game version of D&D where the environment and combat make you take different approaches to solve the problem. Or that this game was quite challenging without being unfair.

I also don't believe that a game needs to be made by a certain culture or have a AAA budget to be considered a "good" game.
>>
op, you are a good guy. i sincerely hope you donut let asia go to shit. otherwise we will probably just nuke it and trigger all the bitches.

i love you

sincerely, richard dean
>>
File: 1457041321056.png (21 KB, 194x245) Image search: [Google]
1457041321056.png
21 KB, 194x245
>>337434768
I like the souls games but this is pretty funny OP.
>>
>>337436435

no it cant be applied to any other video game.
the pvp combat of souls is particularly basic.

compare a game such as path of exile, where you have multiple skills bound to different buttons and keys, and the sheer number of skills and types of attack combinations between you and your oponent make the combat fun and complex.

then take another game such as gothic2, which has the most basic combat but the game focuses on world exploration with its lush, giant open world

souls has none of this.
the SP combat is shit
and pvp combat is literally the dumbest, most basic chink bullshit

you really do have shit tastes in video games
>>
>>337439535
It really can be. The souls games are mostly about predicting your opponent and placing your hits on them. With the added knowledge of knowing how space and dance in and out of your enemy, also knowing the strengths and weaknesses that you or your enemy have. The games are mostly centered around PvE and PvP is literally an afterthought in gameplay. Learning the tricks to a boss' moveset or the better method to approach a fight is what makes the games praised. Souls games do center around exploration of a gothic medieval world and other areas. That's why they're is no map or minimap and so many little secrets that you can only access by noticing a weird looking wall or a hidden winding path. The combat in souls games can be somewhat varied, whether you're wielding a straight sword or an ultra greatsword to even magic.

If my anecdotal remark is worth anything; I've seen a lot of people play the souls series and loved it, but actually didn't know it was made by japanese developers. In regards to the claim that the sole reason that this game is praised is due to being made by "chinks".
>>
>>337439535
>path of exile
>gothic 2
I find it very ironic that you brag about Souls but play literal shit
>>
>>337439535
>path of exile, where you have multiple skills
Hahaha, no. You have 1 active skill with 5 support gems and a bunch of passives.
>>
>>337440702

yeah the game has over 30 unique melee skills, over 20 unique range skills and magic skills.
and a bunch of abilities, auras, buffs, and all kinds of shit
because of this diversity (i.e. actual content, which is something souls does not have because it really is a low budget game)
the pvp combat in PoE can really get interesting and requires actual skill and tactics

you are literally just defending your meme game at this moment
>>
>>337441867
>the pvp combat in PoE
is deader than Evolve and nobody takes it seriously.
>>
>>337440220

its just two guys with swords though
yes, you are fighting another human player, but damn, it doesn't get any more basic than this

essentially what you're saying is streetfighter has more depth.
>>
>>337441980

right, i dont care about PoE
im only using it as an example. to counter the point of how any game can be labeled as a basic rudimentary action

this is not true
good ARPG pvp games such as diablo2 and path of exile are a lot more intense and take actual skill
>>
>>337441994
What game has depth then, besides PoE
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.