[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got the first and third game for the first time for dirt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Devil may Cry.jpg (82 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Devil may Cry.jpg
82 KB, 854x480
Just got the first and third game for the first time for dirt cheap at Good Will.

My immediate question is: how the hell do I get good at this game?
>>
Eat pizza and get Cuhrayzee
>>
You play it.
>>
>>337421286
I've been playing the hell out of it. I just beat the giant eagle thing and I've been getting my ass beat left and right. Is this the usual experience? or am I just awful at video games?
>>
jumping straight up is a better dodge than siderolling
>>
>>337421454
Are you having fun though?
>>
For the third game, take your time and learn how the mechanics work. Experiment. Dont be afraid to restart missions if you need to. Dont use items, they'll be a clutch and you'll never get S ranks with them. Jump cancelling is cool, but not really needed, so dont try to learn it if you're not ready for it.

For the first game, your guess is as good as mine, I never beat anything past hard mode
>>
I think they made the third one easier, because for me the first one was harder but when 3 first launched all anyone would say is how hard it was. Start with three because it's easier and chronologically that's where the series starts, and it's easier than the first.
>>
>beat 3
>you're ready for 1
>>
>>337420962
go kill something

take note of what rank you get when you kill it

reload, go kill it again, trying to get a higher rank

if you do get one, try to beat that one. if you don't try again

put on some speed metal, order a pizza, rinse and repeat until you get a creamy center
>>
>>337420962
it's as simple as this:

>1) stick to the weapons that "click" with you the best
sure, you should learn to use them all since some are preferable in certain situations or vs certain bosses, but if there's 1 you can master more easily make that your main, you can kill anything with anything.

>2) don't spam.
it's not because the game favors combos and going "curazeh" that you should attack nonstop. pay attention to the enemies and either learn to jump/doge at the right time or how to RG properly.
>>
>>337420962
SWORDTRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDTRICKSWORDTRICK

Then get your RG timing down.

Then beat the first boss without touching the ground. It's good practice.
>>
>>337420962
>Is the enemy attacking?
Dodge
>>Is it doing something scary in all directions?
Shoot guns so your combo doesn't drop
>Are you close to it or far?
>>Far
Use Stinger
>>Close
Whoop it's ass
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.