[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>VIDEO GAME '''''''MOV
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: DUDECOKELMAO.jpg (187 KB, 1374x768) Image search: [Google]
DUDECOKELMAO.jpg
187 KB, 1374x768
>VIDEO GAME '''''''MOVIES"""""""
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9wVuN9_vzE

CHRIS METZEN IS A FUCKING COKED UP HACK. FUCK BLIZZARD.
>>
File: 1462079451998.jpg (30 KB, 307x386) Image search: [Google]
1462079451998.jpg
30 KB, 307x386
>Special effects look worse than fantasy movies that came out 10+ years ago
>>
>>337397223
>took him this long to figure it out

I'll wait 6 more years before posting the slowpoke
See you then
>>
As I thought, the mix of CG and live action looks retarded. Should have just made it all CG but noooo.
>>
>>337397223
This movie looks so bad its not even funny
>>
am I just old or does that not actually look that bad?
>>
LoTR did it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY4V3UUY95A
>>
>>337399737
Yeah I don't get it either. What are orcs supposed to look like?
>>
File: 1459816573316.png (391 KB, 403x488) Image search: [Google]
1459816573316.png
391 KB, 403x488
the footage from fucking trolls looks more promising than this shit
>>
File: One edgelord to rule them all.png (703 KB, 1104x800) Image search: [Google]
One edgelord to rule them all.png
703 KB, 1104x800
>>337399912
Probably because they were fucking practical effects and makeup instead of CGI'd garbage that can't physically interact with any of the actors or sets.

And surprise surprise, when they tried to use CGI for the orcs in the Hobbit it looked like shit.

Fun fact: there are TWO orcs in the entire Hobbit trilogy that are practical effects. Do you know where they were?
>>
>>337400078

The orcs look fine. What IS worth complaining about, however, is the shitty background CGI in some of the scenes. I understand why they did things this way, but that doesn't make it not shit.
>>
>>337397964
>>337400115
don't post lewd
>>
>>337400615
What scenes? The one with garona in the throne room it's an actual set.

The consensus on /tv/ is pretty much that the sets look like fucking plastic and worse than cg
>>
>>337397223
uncanny as fuck
>>
>>337400078
The Orcs look fine.

Garona "Human with green paint and dollar store dracula teeth" and the human actors in WoW's fucking stupid armour designs do not.

This is a movie and setting that would never have worked for actual onscreen actors and now you can see why. The entire thing should have just been cgi.
>>
I kind of like it in a campy sort of way
Reminds me of something fun like Army of Darkness for some reason
>>
I don't understand why they didn't just make the whole movie CGI like Beowulf......
>>
It looks terrible. Vidyakino will never happen.
>>
So, you guys don't think it'll break even and it'll flop?
>>
>>337397223
Typing """"x"""" should be a bannable offense, you look fucking retarded, a tryhard, and a wannabe smartaleck that just washed up from facebook.
>>
>Fuck Blizzard
>Not playing Overwatch, aka a game made by the A-Team responsible for Ulduar
>>
File: Emperor_Great_Crusade.jpg (376 KB, 1090x717) Image search: [Google]
Emperor_Great_Crusade.jpg
376 KB, 1090x717
>>337397223
I'm actually excited. I know I shouldn't be, but I'm a huge fan of the Warcraft aesthetic and somehow, I just hope this is a success and we also see Warhammer and W40K movies.
>>
>>337400615
>some of the scenes
Let's be honest here, making giant mountains with spikes like the ones in outland would take forever to create.

CGI can be good when done right. Garona, however, looks like complete shit, there's no excuse for her.
>>
>>337404218
>A-Team responsible for Ulduar
All those people have long since quit Blizzard and moved on. There was even a reddit post about one of the developers who helped creat Ulduar.
>>
>>337405517
my man link that shit
>>
Why did they do a live action/CGI mix? Blizzard has always had amazing cinematics. They should have gone full CGI, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PVrThqhlLA
>>
>>337404218
This happens with most games tho.

Take Dota 2, the tf2 team left and worked on that.

Why do you think tf2 went to hell?
>>
>>337406947
Costs a shit ton of money and time dude.

Do you know why these game companies only release small shorts instead of films? It's cause it takes wayyy too much time and effort to do something large. The game itself could be obsolete by the time they are done.

Also can have severe backlash, take the first FF movie.
>>
>>337397964
ya, the orcs look like the quality of cg that jurassic park 2 had in 98
>>
File: 3.gif (44 KB, 240x320) Image search: [Google]
3.gif
44 KB, 240x320
>>337397223
The assassins Creed one looks good. The platformer games on mobile are so fucking good
>>
>>337406947
It takes them about 6 months to make a 4 minutes cinematic, man.
>>
What is the fucking point of video game movies? Ratchet and Clank fucking proved that they are pointless when you can just play a fun game instead of just watching a movie
>>
>>337407128
That's a fair point. Yet this movie has been in production for years, you'd think if they just went full animation from the start they could have pulled it off.

What happened with the FF movie?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.