[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/ should I skip dark souls 2? Or is it worth playing for the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1462126440468.png (54 KB, 235x489) Image search: [Google]
1462126440468.png
54 KB, 235x489
/v/ should I skip dark souls 2? Or is it worth playing for the lore. I don't want to be lost in dark souls 3
>>
Dark Souls 3 is entirely made up of references to the 2 earlier games. It has so little story of its own that you really should play the others first.
>>
There's not many lore callbacks in 3. So if all you care about is the lore you can skip it. Still a good game though. Way more build variety than 3.Can't wait for all my You's telling me why DaS 2 is shit though.
>>
>>337393987
I've played the first dark souls
>>
>>337393613
None of the lore in these games are worth paying any attention to. You will not be lost one bit.
>>
>>337394206
2 has pretty bad level design and hitboxes but otherwise it's probably the best game as far as variety is concerned.
I miss having a whole ton of spells that worked in really gimmicky ways instead of choosing between which color of soul arrow I'm going to use. And with how big the levels are I would kill to have that eye of sauron miracle.
>>
>>337395148
2 is the best? I always hear it's good but not as strong as the first or third
>>
>>337395902
Just in terms of variety. All the weapon types are super strong even jokes weapons like fists and whips, all status ailments are fantastic, it introduced tons of fun pyromancies especially in the DLC, and other great spells/miracles.
The new game plus is the best of all the games since it adds new enemies with new equipment to collect and changes some of the boss fights to be more challenging. You keep unlocking minor changes and equipment for a pretty long time.

But its the worst actual game. It's pretty big and you can go almost anywhere from the start, but the levels are pretty bland and boring and the enemy hitboxes are really wonky from time to time. In DS3 it's so good that skills moving you low to the ground like the katana dash or wolnir sword explosion allow you to dodge almost every horizontal attack in the game but you'd never make that work in 2.
>>
Pure polished gameplay -> DS3
Pure silly fun- > DS2
>>
>>337396532
>>337396953
I'm just more concerned about lore. I can play through a shit game is the lore is good but if I don't need to play ds2 to understand 3 maybe I'll skip it
>>
>>337397751
Consider youtubing the lore then
>>
>>337397751
There's really nothing to understand about 3 but you'll be missing out on the character behind the first boss's weapon, the optional area, and the whole thing about artificial dragons.
>>
File: haa.png (107 KB, 291x287) Image search: [Google]
haa.png
107 KB, 291x287
>>337393613

>Playing the games for the lore

who the fuck actually cares? Item descriptions are shit
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.