[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest, /v/. Did you get stuck here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: sonic 3.jpg (18 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sonic 3.jpg
18 KB, 480x360
Be honest, /v/.

Did you get stuck here?
>>
>>337387731
No because I never owned a Genesis.
>>
File: 1396073351007.gif (703 KB, 245x184) Image search: [Google]
1396073351007.gif
703 KB, 245x184
>>337387731

Yes.

It was the only point in the game where you could manipulate a platform by pressing up and down on the d-pad.

The fact that the drum bounced up and down as you jumped on it didn't help matters either. I would always try to use the natural momentum to attempt to escape but to no avail.
>>
File: SKC_US_Boxart.jpg (79 KB, 520x632) Image search: [Google]
SKC_US_Boxart.jpg
79 KB, 520x632
>>337387731
Yes, I never owned a Genesis either though. I played on the Sonic and Knuckles collection on the PC.

I couldn't have been any older than 10 years old the first time I got that far. I also remember getting lost in the second act of the carnival level where everything got dark and I got a game over due to running out of time. I did eventually get past it a few years later.
>>
>>337387731
No because I had played other games with that mechanic
>>
>>337387731
i called a video game tip line because of that goddam thing.
>>
No, even as a child. I just assumed you had to hold up or down when the platform is moving in whatever direction.
>>
>>337387731
I did and had to quit the game. Many years later i played it again and got stuck again, i googled it and i found out that i was defeated by a meme.
>>
>>337387731
Yes, I kept jumping on that damn thing while pressing down.
>>
>>337387731
Sure, a couple times, but I did figure it out eventually. Jumping up and down straight up didn't work, so eventually I tried pressing up and down, and noticed Sonic didn't duck or look up on the thing, and then it all clicked.
>>
>>337387731
Kinda, lost a few lives.
I kept jumping on it to gain momentum and then I passed through it by jumping fast, didn't realize until years later that you should press up and down
>>
Yes

Anyone who says it was obvious is a shitty troll. You can jump up and down to gain height and get *just* close enough to think that's what you're supposed to do
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.