[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix MMOs, /v/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 33
File: cbc2d4e7404f6d3a6ece7a46f193fdab.jpg (477 KB, 1000x1380) Image search: [Google]
cbc2d4e7404f6d3a6ece7a46f193fdab.jpg
477 KB, 1000x1380
How do we fix MMOs, /v/?
>>
>>337382050
Release an official vanilla WoW server.

/thread
>>
>>337382115
>/threading your own post

But what if we don't play WoW, anon?
>>
>>337382050
everyone becomes healers
>>
Make every race a loli
>>
>>337382218
Wouldn't that slow down the progress of pretty much every dungeon, though? I like healers, but I think we need some big, strong tanks to take a bit of the brunt of the weak and squishy healers.
>>
Make one thats actully good.
>>
Bring Dragon's Dogma Online over to NA. Simple.
>>
>>337382383
I don't know if that's possible, anon.

>>337382342
That might work. But what about the people who want to play qt boy characters? I'd play a cuteboy healer, not a female one
>>
>>337382050
wow ditches the last few years fixes vanilla and we get that back

disney shuts down tortanic and gives us back swg pre-cu looking up to date

more raids and pvp less single player bullshit
>>
File: 1441492949510.jpg (97 KB, 600x550) Image search: [Google]
1441492949510.jpg
97 KB, 600x550
>>337382342
But how would you make the races differentiate then?
>>
File: 09.jpg (136 KB, 617x617) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
136 KB, 617x617
To make MMOs great again, we must mindbreak the healers into being even bigger sluts than they are now
>>
>>337382050
Lethal injection
>>
>>337382050
The current MMO design needs to die.

The next big breakout MMO will be dynamic. It wont have end game "raids" or instanced dungeons and pvp. Instead it will have worlds which players can actually build and interact with. Land that they can battle over and governments they can create and participate in.

Think Haven & Hearth without the awful combat and most systems being complete shit.

Things are ready to come full circle. We need to go back to stuff like SWG, UO, etc

The current formula was already perfected long ago by FFXI and that's dead. It's time to move on. It's time for the MMO genre to evolve.
>>
>>337382218
We don't need this, we just need for healers to start being viewed as the commanders they are rather than the underlings everyone thinks they are.
>>
>>337384062
But some healers want to be submissive, anon. Not everyone is cut out for leadership.

some people are cut out for being submissive fuckboys, like me.
>>
>>337384860
>always wanted a submissive fuckboy to play with in multiplayer games but could never have them around my other MMO friends
Sadness.
>>
>>337383127
Literally impossible. Would be less risky just trying to bring back sandbox MMOs.
>>
>>337385197
You might be right, anon. They're pretty slutty as it is.

>>337385071
I know that feel. I would love to be subby, slutty boy to someone while playing vidya but whenever I play, it's with my non-lewd friends. Feels bad
>>
Remove piano controls
>>
>>337385071
True, playing with your favorite ERP partner seems like it would only work if the game allows you to do everything as a pair. As soon as you bring in people who have nothing to do with your daily boypussy pumping sessions, it just gets awkward.
>>
>>337382050
>How do we fix MMOs, /v/?
Make a good game that just happens to be a MMO, rather than attempt to make a good MMO.

The problem is that everyone keeps trying to "fix MMOs", which means looking at the existing MMOs and determining that something needs to be changed. The result is not only everything looking the same, but also most people missing what made some MMOs great and instead just copying surface details - giving not only a bunch of samey MMOs, but a bunch of samey generic grindy MMOs.
>>
>>337385462
>>337385828
The only time I brought an ERP partner into a group that was just my other internet friend, it didn't take them long to realize what was going on. They were cool about it, but it was still kind of awkward.
>>337386058
I find the best MMOs are games that take what their series was originally about(if it's a franchise/series based MMO) and just make it massively multiplayer. DQX is a great example of this.
>>
make it hardcore so trannys dont play

fact: every guild a tranny joins, it ruins it.
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 185x192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 185x192
Make it about more than raiding. In fact, can someone make a non-VN not about violence?

Why is gameplay synonymous with combat?
>>
Genocide all weabs.
Have an mmo created by mmo players for mmo players that focuses on community instead of money.
>>
>>337382050
Force people to play as the gender they are irl
>>
Bigger asses.
>>
Alright, I got this.

What if we give healers totally preferential treatment on cosmetics. They get all the cutest and sluttiest outfits. It's the best fucking dress-up simulator ever, but only if you're a healer.

But for any kind of content, healers are a total liability. They barely bring anything and you have to constantly watch over them to keep them from just getting ripped to shreds in an instant. Healers literally have to beg people to bring them along for anything, which is the only way they're getting some of the cutest or sexiest outits in the game.

How many of you sluts would still insist on playing healer?
>>
>>337386218
>I find the best MMOs are games that take what their series was originally about(if it's a franchise/series based MMO) and just make it massively multiplayer. DQX is a great example of this.
This. Established lore/previous games is a huge boost to how interesting an MMO looks like. All these games with new universes made for the games have me at zero interest of what's going on in their worlds.

Huge thing about WoW was having played the Warcraft series and walking into mother fucking Orgrimmar for the first time and meeting Thrall AND getting a quest from him.
>>
>>337386471
There's some faggy MMO called literally Love or something, no one plays it, not even indie geeks.
>>
File: 1442795388473.jpg (157 KB, 619x800) Image search: [Google]
1442795388473.jpg
157 KB, 619x800
>>337386058
>Make a good game that just happens to be a MMO
>How do we make a good game?
>just make good gaem, lol
10/10 solution
>>
>>337386632
That's dumb. What if I want to be a cute girl?

>>337386218
Yeah, I imagine it would be awkward. Especially if you're doing the erp stuff in party chat where they can see. I've played games while doing erp but it just makes me quiet to my normal friends.
>>
>>337387212
Don't be a faggot, play as a cute shota instead
>>
>>337387375
Good point, anon. Shota is good taste.

So how many of you fuckboys have actually sucked a dick/been fucked by a guy?]/spoiler]
>>
File: 1451951420601.png (73 KB, 434x425) Image search: [Google]
1451951420601.png
73 KB, 434x425
>>337386824
Of course I would. Begging is already a part of the job, albeit not during the content. I'm sure I'd be able to find a strong tank that wouldn't mind carrying me through a dungeon, taking care to see that my fragile body is unharmed.

I'm so much of a slut that, as long as I get to serve a big strong tank and be around him to be his personal cocksleeve, I wouldn't mind being absolutely worthless as long as someone would still take me!
>>
File: absolutely_barbaric.jpg (160 KB, 600x709) Image search: [Google]
absolutely_barbaric.jpg
160 KB, 600x709
>>337387621
>actually getting fucked
Remember, it's only okay when you're the one doing the dicking, otherwise you're gay as fuck
>>
>>337386993
If it is so simple, easy, and obvious, then why does every single recommendation out of everyone one of these threads fail to accomplish it? Why does almost every single MMO that comes out manage to fail at doing so?
>>
>>337388805
but what if I wanna be gay as fuck, anon? That's why I'm a submissive fagboy
>>
>>337382938
You just posted the answer.
>>
Find a company who cares more about MMOs than your money.

Find a company that can't be bought out.

Unfortunately people with money just seem to want more, and other people will promise you everything just to get their first real bit.

Chronicles of Elyria is a good example, promised it would never be p2w, it's not even out and it's already p2w with a 3month headstart and ability to buy kingdoms.

P.S. WoW is shit and along with MapleStory what killed MMOs.
>>
File: my perfect waifu.jpg (598 KB, 850x860) Image search: [Google]
my perfect waifu.jpg
598 KB, 850x860
>>337389529
You're not a true roman then
>>
>>337389250
Because it's so much more than that.
Your option isn't much better, there haven't been good GAMES in years, or rather I should say great games that would transition well to MMO.

For some reason there's this vapid need for ridiculous amounts of balance in MMOs, which they fix by making everything balanced around DPS, HPS, etc, just raw numbers. When it's obvious to people that everything gets boiled down to boring numbers and is the same as "MMO X", no one cares. When devs realize that number grinders are fucking boring they just replace it with paying money to be stronger unfortunately which still isn't the solution.

A well made world, a focus on skill instead of 'who has higher DPS', encounters that are actually fucking difficult (this is another big choke point that is a problem from when AI programmers were basically kicked out of the industry to save money). Strong benefits for killing people, being unafraid to allow hostage situations/etc.
>>
File: 1452526706607.png (134 KB, 702x397) Image search: [Google]
1452526706607.png
134 KB, 702x397
So according to this thread the fix is
>you can only be a little girl or a little brown girl
>you make healers the sluttiest class in the game with most cosmetics and make them beg for party access since they are a liability
>you just make a good game that happens to be an MMO!!
>you make the game from an existing franchise or universe(Warcraft/Final Fantasy/Elder Scrolls/Star Wars/Dragon Quest)
Anything more to add to this fantastic mess?
>>
>>337387212
>Especially if you're doing the erp stuff in party chat where they can see.
Well we weren't doing that, of course. It was just some good old fashioned after raid fucking.
>>
>>337382050
Buzzwords throwing time, but name one dev that ever EVER did one of these things right

>Open World
>Player Driven
>Not some boring ass medieval setting that tries to be realistic
>Responsive controls (some mmo's did this right I guess)

the themepark mmo meme needs to die
>>
File: 1462516374482.jpg (98 KB, 461x424) Image search: [Google]
1462516374482.jpg
98 KB, 461x424
>>337390179
But am I true homosex? That is the important question here.

I just want to live up to the name of "healslut" and serve tank cock until my mind breaks.

>>337390683
I think he important one to take away is "be a little girl, a little boy, or a brown version of one of the two."

>>337390748
Sounds fun. That kinda stuff makes me wanna get into XIV or WoW or something. My friend already plays on Moonguard in WoW (I think that's the name; the erp server) so it would be a piece of cake to join and find tanks to be a slutty submissive to.
>>
>>337390924
>That kinda stuff makes me wanna get into XIV or WoW or something.
The only reason you'd want to actually play a MMO with the people fucking you is if you feel like being closer than a friend. MMO fucking is nothing but drama. Unless you're just an anon cumdump with no close friends, that's totally fine.
>>
File: brutejustice.jpg (121 KB, 1011x579) Image search: [Google]
brutejustice.jpg
121 KB, 1011x579
Stop making us do parts that aren't fun to let us get to parts that are fun.
Stop making it asocial to the point where you don't need to say a single word even when you group up.
Stop relying on dailies as a crutch to keep players hooked and think of fun game modes instead.
Stop relying on artificial difficulty as a crutch to prolong content life then nerf it to the ground anyway.
Stop having 90% of the gameplay be point-and-click questing.

Basically stop making WoW you faggots.
This is why I'm dropping XIV for Overwatch. Because the latter doesn't want me to do menial shit before I can have fun.
>>
>>337390397
>make everything balanced around DPS, HPS, etc, just raw numbers
And why is that? Why is every MMO balanced around combat numbers? Why is everything a number grinder with cash shops to buypass all that?

Why are new MMOs not about well made worlds, player skill, and difficulty?

Because they're all looking at WoW, and all they see are the numbers and the grinding. And so, when they make their own MMO, they ask the question "How do we make a better MMO?" and answer with more numbers and more grinding, but with their own personal angle.

That's what I'm saying. Don't make "a MMO with a gimmick". That's the problem that everyone does, and that's why MMOs are a massive failure. Make a game where worldwide internet connection and parties with other players in an important concept. The result will be a MMO, but it will be one that's new and interesting because the basic concept was not "being a MMO". It was a game concept where being a MMO was just the best way to handle it.
>>
Make one like Rune Factory
>>
File: 1460403413992.png (211 KB, 567x589) Image search: [Google]
1460403413992.png
211 KB, 567x589
>70% of the gear at max level is horizontal; pick for situations, not everything
>field enemies are moderately hard instead of trash mobs that die in 1-2 hits
>large server capacity, few servers
>no cross server play
>no dungeon finders; instead have a Help Wanted type board in major towns for group finding
>make solo content, focus on group content
>buy to play; sell cosmetic items that can be found in-game but are extremely rare
>bought cosmetic items are character bound, found cosmetic items can be traded
>map consists of zone-less continents, loading between continents (like WoW)
>all dungeons are open, no instances
>land is peppered with them
>craft skills are diverse and unique, player can only max out a few
>everyone can set up camps and draw maps
>Survivalists can set up stronger, lasting camps
>Cartographers can sell maps on the market (have to be "hand drawn" with mouse/pen input)

I dunno, shit, I just miss the adventure in MMO's. Now it's all about "the real game is at max level."
>>
-The game is b2p without monthly payment, that would help getting some cancer away.

-Classes don't have race restrictions.

-Most quests must be done in groups, making it easier to meet players and socializing.

-No LFG UI for joining automatically with randoms.

-Holy trinity, but with more options, for example, there are many tanks, one tanks having fucktons of health, another is block-based....
-Healers can just heal or put hots and help in dps, others have buffs and prevents damage...
-Can't do much with dps, maybe there could be your usual melee and ranged, but also some kind of debuffer.

-Good character customization, tatoos, skin color, all that shit.

-Little girls are a must.

-No RNG when having to upgrade weapons or some shit.

-Jobs that are actually useful.

-Separated PvE and PvP gear.
>>
>>337391063
I'd like to be closer than a friend with an erp buddy if only to make the erp that much better.

I'm an anon cumdump but I've got close friends to play WoW with so hopefully I can have fun.
>>
>>337391423
>Now it's all about "the real game is at max level."
How do you solve that?

Is there a good way to include max-level or high-level characters in a lower level group? Because the biggest concern, I think, is just that most people will be playing their max-level characters after a certain period of time. It makes more sense to include those max-level characters in groups to help support their friends, without steamrolling everything, rather than asking everyone to make new characters every time a friend does. Most people are inclined to progress their "main", with the majority of their time.
>>
>>337391495
>-Holy trinity, but with more options, for example, there are many tanks, one tanks having fucktons of health, another is block-based....
I think a better way to go about that would be to make 1 tank, but can spec into many different styles. Bonus for having a respec option on the fly for different situations/dungeons. If it's a speed dungeon, you can go dps spec, if it's heavy hitting or lots of mobs to pick up, spec for defense/blocks etc
Maybe even tie weapon type into it. Sword and board for defense spec, 2 handed sword/axe for a dps spec.
>>
>>337382050
Make hybrid classes equally strong as non-hybrid ones
>>
>>337391712
>I'd like to be closer than a friend with an erp buddy if only to make the erp that much better.
Then it's only going to be that much better for you, coming from experience.
>>
>>337391495
>one tanks having fucktons of health
This only works if you have a healer that only heals percentages, and they would naturally be near useless without each other.
>>
>>337392007
Good to know, anon. I love having an erp partner that I care about as a bit more than a friend because it makes it that much more enjoyable and indulgent.
even better if they do lovey-dovey stuff during the erp. That stuff is the best and gets me off the most
>>
>>337391151
They're not just looking at WoW.

WoW wasn't the first of it's kind, far from the last. They're looking at the 'formula' for what's worked in the past and are scared to deviate more than changing one thing.

Same shit happened with games in general over the last decade+, remember Guitar Hero? Remember Generic FPS? Shit still happening now with slightly more of a risk. Hell Overwatch big game right now is just MOBA+TF2, aka "Hero Shooter", give it a few months more will come out similar.

Letting MMOs die and making something completely new is one solution, but just introspectively looking at how MMOs are and what they want to be and rethinking EVERYTHING from the ground up instead of just taking for granted the 'easy' escapes the previous MMO makers did is part of the answer anyway.
>>
>>337392351
>That stuff is the best and gets me off the most
tfw last ERP partner only ever loved it rough and was averse to anything romantic.
>>
>>337392403
Follow up:
Games like Haven and Hearth are still succeeding but they're small and growing very very slowly because they don't concede to casuals but also take a lot of time to consider best options for things and develop solutions instead of police them.

Theme Parking, Level Scaling, Monster Strength, Players and Monsters getting stronger towards 'capitals'/woods/etc with no actual reason.
There's so much that just needs to be totally re-evaluated towards what you'd consider in nature and natural occurrence.
>>
>>337392518
That sucks, anon. Rough is nice but it's even better when intermingled with "I love you"s and "good boy"s. Heartboner is strongest boner.
>>
>>337391495
Holy Trinity is part of the problem, needs to be removed. Builders need to be considered more important. Holy Trinity was established as a way to ease people into their roles by only requiring them to handle the one thing.

Quests should be redone altogether from the ground up, they should be based on the world and needs, everything from small jobs (We're lacking on salt and some bandits attacked a shipment so we need salt) to attacking a dragon.

Classes should never have race restrictions but some weaknesses based on them wouldn't be a bad thing. A dwarf's shield isn't going to be as big as a 'Giant's so he can't defend as much, he might be more sturdy but no sugarcoating and giving him a bonus JUST because he lacks in it.

Things should make sense.
>>
>Western MMOs are shit because they're designed for fucking horrible communities where no one can ever be trusted to do their job or even to be a decent fucking human being
>Japanese MMOs are shit because they're designed for console casuals, requiring every gameplay aspect, including player interactions and grouping up, to be reduced to something that can be done in a few clicks with a controller
>Korean MMOs are shit because they're designed for internet cafe players, requiring all content to be clearable in less than half an hour, and focusing on daily resets to keep people coming back for their 2 hour sessions every day

Who can even save MMOs at this point?
>>
>>337391495
>>337393071
Cont'd

The RNG depends, it should be skill based with minigames of sorts, shame most people run way from minigames and bitch at them. Minigame also shouldn't hand hold.

Seperate PvE and PVP gear is shit, it should be natural some are better at X or Y.

Jobs shouldn't have a limit just your learning rate, should require some level of skill instead of being ezmodo.
>>
this thread is gay
>>
>>337393397
/v/ is gay

are you just saying that so you can get your dick sucked or something? because we can totally do that.
>>
>>337392403
MMOs seems the least likely genre to get any kind of injection of creativity any time soon, considering how expensive they are to make and how risk averse people tend to get with really expensive projects. It's much easier to pitch a "WoW-killer" ("it's like this huge game that's making billions of dollars, BUT BETTER!") to your investors, than trying to explain a bunch of new original mechanics that you hope will make your game into a fresh and interesting experience.
>>
>>337391876
>1 tank, but can spec into many different styles
Nope. I want a wizard tanks, beastmaster proxy tanks, evasion-tanks, health-absorbing and/or regenerating tanks. I want shielding healers, HoT healers, aura-healers, dps-healers, item-based healers, pet healers, buff-focused healers. I want support and debuff roles. I want a summoner class for every role. DPS can keep doing their thing because they always get the greatest amount of variety.

Also, non-combat skills. Trap-finding, first-aid, navigation, thievery, stealth and recon, bartering, monster knowledge, obligatory crafting skills.
>>
>>337382050
>>337382050

Why did you post a picture of a male lalafell?
>>
>>337393071
>>337393186

Minigames are OK, but what really turns me off about RNG is how you farm expensive parts and lose both money and time just because you didn't have luck, that and dungeon restriction is what made me stop playing TERA.

Different stats for the same class based on race makes sense, I agree with that.

I think jobs should have a limit, not on level, but on how many jobs can you get, that way you can ask players for something, thus reinforcing the social part of the game.

PvE and PvE gear would be both good, but each one is best for their designated job.
>>
>>337393964
I just had it saved in my folder of healers, honestly.

Should I go with something like this next time? I don't play XIV so I wouldn't even be able to identify that as a lalafell, tbqh.
>>
>>337382115

Vanilla WoW would be shit by today standard's, take off your nostalgia goggles
>>
>>337393071
>remove holy trinity
what could possibly go wrong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oLRjINaiOs
>>
>>337394175
>catgirl healers
My dick.
>>
>>337393859
Yup, unfortunately.

KickStarter somewhat fixes that but you have to have a lot of knowledge to handle that and sometimes it's still not enough.

Topia Online had a grand idea (I chiled on voice with one of the main creators) and I believe the KS even completed, but now he's just been working on it on his own. CoE is going to beat it's KS goal but they're already p2w.

>>337394130
I agree fully with parts, I think there should be 'chance' of success when you (as a human) have shittier skill/understanding, and chance of success/not losing your shit should go up with understanding.
>>
>>337393894
Then you better hope your game is fucking popular or you allow a single character to have many classes. Or you're going to lack that role you need.

The benefit of having many specs, but few base classes is you can change your play style to suit whatever role you need.
>>
Job limits were made for that reason, the problem is that it's not realistic, the way it should be handled is that there should be a certain level of complexity to every job (similar to IRL) so that if you really wanted to get into it having multiple would slow you down greatly), simplifying with numbers and levels really hurts this idea of allowing you to natural-cap/soft-cap this.

I agree but I don't think it should be limited to PvE/PvP with that but more with types and your armor. If you have armor good against blunt it'll work good short of claws in which case you want slash resistant armor, this should be based on the properties of what's used to make it in turn.

>>337394415
Most of what's wrong with that doesn't have to do with the removal of holy trinity. There's no need for something as blatant as holy trinity or keeping people so restricted to classes in a game these days, the manpower the testing is all there to be able to handle balancing around skills instead.
>>
>>337394462
But what about catgirl healer (male)?
>>
File: 66346346.jpg (60 KB, 714x736) Image search: [Google]
66346346.jpg
60 KB, 714x736
If you were actually entertaining the idea of playing Black Desert Online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7oo33mR-dE
>>
>>337394939
No that's gay.
>>
>>337394939
Catboys are cancer and terrible players in general.
>>
>>337393856
:3
>>
>>337382050
Make more MMOs with cute short races
>>
>>337395023
Seen that. I actually played the game for a while and even bought a costume but set it aside since I have no guild responsibilities and no monthly sub to force me to stay interested or drop it entirely. The good part is that I have no intention of being competetive because fuck that noise, so there's still some other stuff to do at my own pace. The bad part is that there isn't actually that much else to do and it's still a huge fucking time-sink. I wanted to be an alchemist and only got to early professional before nothing was raising my exp enough to want to bother anymore. I'm still only level 40 because I delayed grinding to do other stuff.

I'll check back on it in a few updates I guess. Maybe not though.
>>
Elder Scrolls XXV: MU hasfun online.
>>
File: cosmo.png (289 KB, 599x335) Image search: [Google]
cosmo.png
289 KB, 599x335
There's literally nothing wrong with Themepark MMOs.
>>
>>337382342
but what if I prefer shota
>>
>>337395441
This thread's gay enough without emoticons. Let's not go there, anon. Just stick to being a healslut without them.

>>337395121
Do ya know where ya are?
>>
>>337394175
Damn I wish the actual in game boots had those heels.
>>
>>337396185
I wish for a lot of things with in-game cosmetics.

>>337396038
Then you have good taste and you should be proud of it.
>>
>>337395959
There's everything wrong with themepark MMOs.
>>
>>337396878
Name 5 things wrong
>>
>>337396056
>Do ya know where ya are?
Yes but I've never fucked a catboy before, only catgirls.
>>
File: 1449433505305.jpg (66 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1449433505305.jpg
66 KB, 350x350
>>337397098
you could change that, anon. carboys are pretty great and I'm sure fucking one is just as good or even better than fucking a catgirl
>>
>>337396929
On-Rails/Themepark/HandHolding MMOs hold your hand the whole way through, this means:
1)Revisiting areas later as your main character is useless and poses no threat at all.
2)Replaying with a new class/character means replaying through all the areas you hate
3)themepark MMOs ALWAYS attempt to lengthen the amount of time you spent in an area through shitty quests, shitty cut-scenes or other means that force you to spend more time in the ones you hate and useless time in the ones you enjoy doing the unfun things like shitty quests
4)Everyone has the same experience. This si categorically boring and a waste of a game like an MMO where you are supposed to be your own person who can have their own experience, instead you are brought through the same bullshit as every other faggot, no matter what you do you spent a chunk of time at X and at Y.
5)Linear games have never been good whether we're talking MMO, SP or MP, they leave the player with no/little choices thus no/little fun.
>>
>>337397357
>just as good or even better than fucking a catgirl
I very much doubt that, not as many curves or holes.
>>
File: 1462087145911.jpg (56 KB, 495x345) Image search: [Google]
1462087145911.jpg
56 KB, 495x345
>>337397357
>carboys
>>
>>337397487
Yes, but you get boybutt and a dick to play with or deny pleasure. Plus I imagine choking a catboy is even more fun than choking a catgirl because there's the "sissy fuckboy" aspect of it. But that's just me.
>>
>>337397357
source?
>>
MMOs will be fixed as soon as you retards stop playing WoW and it's clones
>>
File: calpheoncityoflightcityofmagic.jpg (173 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
calpheoncityoflightcityofmagic.jpg
173 KB, 1920x1080
>>337395616
Been playing about 2 weeks myself. Just hit level 36. It has a pretty nice world, but damn is the game dragged down by all sort of stupid shit. From energy to amity to inventory limits, weight limits and all sort of crap. You would think Buy to play game wouldn't have that.

Not even thinking really doing of the endgame stuff. Just roaming around.
>>
>>337397736
I wish I had it, anon. That image is only of my favorite lewd ones to post.

I wanna be that boy. Or girl. I wanna have my neck held and gripped tightly like that
>>
File: 4644.jpg (70 KB, 248x252) Image search: [Google]
4644.jpg
70 KB, 248x252
>>337397695
>not as many [good things]
>yes, but you get [shit things] are you convinced yet ;)))
>>
>>337398145
Hey man, you don't have to like all that stuff. It's all opinions, Famicom. I'm just saying that this thread is pretty fucking gay so idk why you wouldn't like catboys if you're posting here.
>>
File: 1461170574936.png (823 KB, 900x1251) Image search: [Google]
1461170574936.png
823 KB, 900x1251
>>337382050

Option 1: Remove the focus on cinematic PvE stories and end game raids. Return to the open ended worlds of the early MMOs, but with improved combat, PvP and crafting. The game can still have a story and dungeon raids. But if that's all the MMO has, then its shit and people will quit it after a month, just going back to WoW that does the same thing.

Option 2: Release Dragon Quest X in the west and remove EXP cards from Tree of Savior.
>>
>>337387375
>>337387621
>>337396038
>>337396335
>implying any mmos let you play as a shota
>>
Don't know about mmos, but I'd really love to play FFCC online.
>>
Make one that isn't an RPG, or at least a traditional one? I remember back when MMOs were nonexistent outside of Ultima and Everquest, and my imagination did not produce endless "holy trinity combat, enter dungeons and instances, get loot, etc." I imagined living ecosystems, where people chose jobs, interacted with the world, etc. Where a player could start as a farmer and end as the president, provided enough people liked them. Essentially a player-run game, where the devs provided the framework.

The careers would have to be balanced and numerous though, it'd be really fucking hard to make. Not surprised no one has tried. EVE is the closest thing I can think of.
>>
>>337394574
I think the idea would be to not set specific roles as a hard requirement for anything. Make it possible to improvise your way through fights with what you have.

Of course achieving that while still making content challenging is easier said than done.
>>
>>337398306
That wasn't me who was responding to you. I'd certainly give it a try, but I don't know how comfortable I'd be with it.
>>
>>337398935
-That soundtrack.
-Sending letters to your family.
-Having favourite foods.
-Chaining spells.

Crystal Chronicles was too comfy for this world, it's sad that the gamecube one was the best but had to get 4 damn GBAs.
>>
Here's my dream MMO

Just put a bunch of enemies in a bunch of places that people have to GRIND to level up. There are no quests, there's no story. There's just a city in the middle that's completely controlled by players (politics and economy wise) and everywhere around them forever there are monsters surrounding the city. The further you go the higher level and harder the monsters get. People have to map out the world. The world resets every n months and it's procedurally generated, meaning not every n months run is going to be the same as the one before in terms of map layouts, enemy spawns and so on.

The enemies drop materials and gems/orbs. The gems/orbs are to be used for various purposes as well as currency, like in Path of Exile. Materials are used for various purposes as well, like crafting, making maps, etc, all other skills that the game will have not directly related to combat.

The goal is to get to the edge of the world before time runs out. If the game is to be PvP oriented (which I personally don't like but some people do) then this same setup should exist but for multiple nations. Meaning, every nation gets the same exact version of the map and they have to compete to see which nation gets to the edge first. You can invade other nations through a portal and you can try to steal special items (relics) that give nation wide buffs so that your nation has more relics and has more nation wide buffs.
>>
>>337399190
Not very. Cats have barbed dicks. It's a trap.
>>
>>337399383
The catboy isn't using his dick, though. He's getting fugged. Plus I imagine he would have a human dink for sexuality's sake
>>
>>337383430
>The current MMO design needs to die.
>The next big breakout MMO will be dynamic. It wont have end game "raids" or instanced dungeons and pvp. Instead it will have worlds which players can actually build and interact with. Land that they can battle over and governments they can create and participate in.

This.

Also, the general fantasy look is shit. Those giant, 4 layers of iron, pointy pauldrons are shit.
>>
>>337399767
How do I get to know this catboy?
>>
>No super cute light hearted MMO where everyone can be a cute little girl that isn't some pay2win cash grab
>>
All communication is via Rocket League's default messages

Nice shot!
What a save!
Defending...
>>
File: 1380322784728.jpg (22 KB, 242x261) Image search: [Google]
1380322784728.jpg
22 KB, 242x261
>>337399767
>here's a weird monster/human sex-slave with fucked up genitalia
>but don't worry you'll do all the fucking yessir no way this guy is going to decide to put his thorny dick to use all safe you can trust me ;))))
>>
>>337400215
I am in dire need of cute in my life. I just saw Zootopia yesterday and I honestly felt depressed going back to the real world.
>>
>>337400193
good question, anon. I'm not really into erp not as myself, so I can't help you there. Apologies.
>>
File: neverquest.jpg (39 KB, 420x559) Image search: [Google]
neverquest.jpg
39 KB, 420x559
>>337398396

>Option 2: Release Dragon Quest X in the west
>>
File: 56344535_p0.jpg (74 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
56344535_p0.jpg
74 KB, 480x480
Catboys should all fucking die, you know you're going to have a terrible time when your tank or healer is one.
>>
Get Rid of Healsluts.
>>
File: 15348634163.jpg (448 KB, 800x960) Image search: [Google]
15348634163.jpg
448 KB, 800x960
>>337382050
You can't really fix them. Either it's enjoyable and in depth filled only with a very small population of tryhards. Or it's incredibly simple and full of people, almost all of whom will be shitty.
>>
File: HsTTYKZ.jpg (115 KB, 695x642) Image search: [Google]
HsTTYKZ.jpg
115 KB, 695x642
>>337400942
>healer is catboy
>tank is lala
>>
>>337382050
>How do we fix MMO

You don't. Let them die for a while so when the next MMO released it's not another WOW-clone bullshit
>>
>>337400942
What about catgirls?
I want to to be the best tank possible when I get to raiding
and then I'll give up the game because there will be nothing left for me to get better at
>>
>>337382050
Stop making such horrible games that the term "MMO" has to be draped over to hide the pile of shit beneath it.

Take away multiplayer.
Is is still entertaining? No?
Then it was always a shit game to begin with.

Find a good game and let multiplayer expand to 100-1000's of people at once.
Ta-da, a "good" MMO.
>>
>>337401116
Lala here, we hate tanking just as much as you hate having us tank.
>>
>>337400993
You know damn well that that's never going to happen, anon.

you should just accept it and play a tank and force them to worship your cock. I'm sure they'd be into it. Healsluttery is ubiquitous and all healers love having a fat cock in their face, mouth, or ass.

>>337401197
Catgirls a qt.
>>
>>337401197
Some bad some good. All catboys are trash without exception.
>>
>>337399297
>there's no story. There's just a city in the middle that's completely controlled by players (politics and economy wise) and everywhere around them forever there are monsters surrounding the city. The further you go the higher level and harder the monsters get. People have to map out the world. The world resets every n months and it's procedurally generated, meaning not every n months run is going to be the same as the one before in terms of map layouts, enemy spawns and so on.

It sounds like that framework writes its own story.

Some god cursed the city and banished the entire thing to another plane of existence to be destroyed and the inhabitants are doing whatever they can to survive as their city is successively transported through other dimensions.
>>
I want to be a tank's pocket healer and have him pat my head and praise me verbally after I do a good job on a raid!
>>
>>337398761
That's how we make them great again, anon. We create a shota class so you can be a badass little boy with a sword or bow.
>>
File: image.jpg (159 KB, 700x986) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159 KB, 700x986
>>337401279
Catgirls are nice but what about foxgirls?
>>
>Most combat players are members of 3-4 political factions that control strategic castles, which in turn give the player the right to extract rents and fees.
>Every player has a troop of up-gradable NPC soldiers.
>They are the tank and DPS and do most of the fighting like in Mount & Blade
>There are no healers
>Only medics who rescue wounded soldiers lying on the ground to take them away where they can recover
>Dead soldiers aren't that easy to replace so saving the wounded is important for later battles
>Barber-surgeon players help wounded survive
>player smiths make all the weapons
>player merchants move unique products to far away places
>player sailors use skill to sail the ships
>etc.
>No silly fantasy armour that makes no sense

The problem is that this isn't what the MMO audience wants. They want the same old shit with ridiculous character design, the clichéd Tolkien inspired lore, post-modern social values, fetish shit and I don't even know what else.
>>
>>337403417
All variations of (animal)girl are good. But (animal)boy will always be better in my mind. Boys are way cuter than grills.
>>
A large world that is split up into 12 countries. A player joins one of the countries and takes up a role. Be it a soldier, cook, farmer, whatever. But as the player progresses, either in fighting, economic means or fame, they unlock higher ranking positions. Such as commander of a group of player soldiers, a spy, a land owner, a banker, a politician, etc. Each role has their own part to play in the game.

The object of the game is of course to help your country grow more prosperous than the other countries. This can be done by taking land through military conquest, but also many other means. Such as buying/bribing people from other countries, taking land over by political means or even acting as a spy and killing important people on the opposing side. Every time you die, you go down a rank. So if a spy was able to kill one of the leading politicians in another country, they would drop back down to a baron or some other mid rank and have to work to become a politician again.

The countries are run entirely by players of high ranking such as generals, politicians and bankers. If they are consistent players with good skill, they will help their country do better than the others. Its even possible for one country to completely overtake another country. Or even for one country to take over the entire world. In the unlikely event that this happens, the entire game would be reset and everyone would be assigned to new countries.

Each country is on its own server. So there will only be one consistent world. Players can go into other countries at any time, though they run the risk of being attacked, captured or robbed. You can also play the entire game passively as a worker class (farmer, builder, cook, etc). A successful country will have a balance of all players working together. Not just 100% soldiers.

Obviously the game is far too big in scope for any developer to actually implement.
>>
I just want to play DQX. I tried it out one time and fucking loved it, wish I would've played more.
>>
>>337403947

You'll play World of Warcraft XIV and you'll like it bitch!
>>
To make the MMOs I play great again, we have to find me a lewd tank who will choke me and force his huge dick into my ass, insulting me and calling me a dirty cockslut the whole time.
>>
>>337404697
Well, what MMOs do you play?
>>
>>337405276
I actually don't play any, but I was thinking of starting a WoW subscription in the coming weeks.
>>
File: 36.jpg (1 MB, 1385x2025) Image search: [Google]
36.jpg
1 MB, 1385x2025
I'm disappointed there's not more healslutting going on in this thread. You guys need to step it up with the faggotry.
>>
Healers are embarrassing creatures.
>>
>Used to play Aion with friends
>Its dead now
>Play Tera
>Tired of dealing with UE3 bullshit
>Play Blade&Soul
>Same shit
>Play WoW for 2 months
>Not feeling it, got bored

Wont even try Black Desert. Is FF worth it? I heard it has flaws but its still the best MMO we have at the moment.
>>
>>337406215
Healers are disgusting sluts made only to service my cock and be a human toilet. God knows they're into it. Fucking degenerate, sissy faggots.
>>
>>337406320

>Is FF worth it?
If you got bored with WoW, you'll get bored with FFXIV. Its worth playing the main story, but then its literally the same raiding and crafting shit from WoW after that.

>I heard it has flaws but its still the best MMO we have at the moment.
Dragon Quest X is the best MMO we have at the moment. Which is why SquareEnix won't let it come out in the west. It would overtake their precious FFXIV.
>>
>>337405727
Should consider FFXIV if ERP is your main motivator. For some reason it attracts all the lewd people.
>>
>>337406565
It's a one-time cost, right? No subscription fee? I legitimately want to pick up an MMO for reasons outside of ERP, but it's not like ERP isn't a good motivator for me to play.
>>
>>337382115
>first post is absolute shit
damn
>>
>>337398935
CC was honestly top tier and I'd love it if it was moved to PC where I could enjoy it with up to 3 friends.

>>337399297
You could write background lore for that in 5minutes. The only problem is how would new stuff be generated or would you just have the grind be so ridiculous it gives you time to build up the further away content? Would it be sandbox?

If it's reset every X months how would they ever reach the end?
What happens when you actually DO reach the end?

>>337399991
Yes themepark will indeed die for MMOs to be good, but sandbox so far has been shit because of
A)Bad AI
B)Bad sandboxing
C)Bad developers (p2w bullshit)
See: EQN, CoE, etc.

Wurm was decent at least, HnH as well.
>>
>>337406702
Nope, full P2P. Might have to settle for TERA if subscription is a deal breaker.
>>
>>337406893
Yeah, maybe. I don't feel like shilling out $15/mo for a game I might play twice and get bored of. I can suck tank cock in Overwatch once that comes out. I'll think about it, though.
>>
>>337407091
Just find a "friend" to keep you "motivated" to keep "playing".
>>
>>337407091
>I can suck tank cock in Overwatch
How is that going to work in an arena based shooter?
>>
>>337407874
I dunno, anon. Erp during breaks in between rounds, probably. I'll figure it out.

I'll probably just resort to playing WoW or FFXIV to satiate my lust for fat cocks.
>>
My dream MMO is similar to a xianxia novel. Based around some loose form of cultivation instead of levels, cultivation isn't as strictly "X beats Y" however and skill as well as luck plays a large role. Instead of 'servers' there are many worlds, ProcGen but similar to UUR/DF where the history is also setup, many large sects and it's built around a pre-destined storyline with some major players.

The world would be several planets per Universe/World/etc, then several of those in the larger aspect. Each planet would be 1-10 continents of varying sizes and would have special zones as well dependant and semi-unique. There would be varying levels of power between worlds however lower level worlds would tend to have more unfound secrets..
>>
>>337408728
The game would be built for long term play, semi-permadeath, next life would have a way to carry over some talent from previous lives. Certain rare/unique skills would be able to effect this. Lifespan is directly related to cultivation level.

Stats wouldn't be shown to players in any numerical way however could be inferred and shown using different metrics with rare skills, otherwise the only way to really judge a person's skill is when they fight or show their power. Otherwise it is possible to hide it.

One of the main objectives would be to become the strongest however you could do that in multiple ways or you may decide to pursue other avenues such as money or political wealth, just keep in mind that doing any of those without power will not get you far.
>>
>>337382050
You can't.

The genre needs mass appeal or the "MMO" part can't exist.

Once you can design a good mmo experience for mobile or VR, maybe there'll be some innovation.

For now, we're stuck with holy trinity and nostalgia.
>>
>>337408838
Classes wouldn't really exist, raidbosses wouldn't really exist in the sense of being repeatable or one of a kind other than 'variants'. There would be certain paths that you wouldnt' even be aware of unless you were from a certain planet or had a knowledgeable master such as Runes that could be applied to things. There would be many different ways of using skills as well.

The most annoying parts of making something like this happen would be the AI for how mobs decide where to migrate and running that shit in the background when players aren't there in those areas, might require a lot more than normal for areas to be covered. It would also because of this be reliant on a large player base.
>>
>>337401382
>>337406884
The point of having no story is to decrease costs. It's a lot easier to procedurally generate a map and place enemies there that people have to just grind, than to write a story and quests and all that. If you want to take a risk like this you need to reduce cost.

>If it's reset every X months how would they ever reach the end?

Things would be tailored such that a run is supposed to last X months. If players are better than the developers expected they'll reach the end before, if they are worse or if there's more competition between nations than expected then they'll not reach the end before it ends.

>What happens when you actually DO reach the end?
The nation that did this claims a win and they can get some bonus for the next run. This means that now that they have a bonus the other nations will try to team up against them and they'll probably not win the next run.
>>
>>337408624
Just how thirsty are you, slut? I was thinking of resubbing to either or.
>>
>>337409660
I'll let you know if I actually decide to sub to one of them. Just keep an eye out for healslut threads hehe. I haven't made a decision on which game to throw my money at yet
Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.