[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw 14/19 boss are humans >mfw 11/19 bosses are knights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 27
File: Facepalm_darksouls.png (235 KB, 472x477) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm_darksouls.png
235 KB, 472x477
>mfw 14/19 boss are humans
>mfw 11/19 bosses are knights
>mfw most of the scrubs are more knights and hollows

pls From have an original thought. Some of these bosses are actually interesting like Twin Princes, Dancer and Vordt because they put more than 10 seconds of creative thought into their design. Dragonslayer armour, soul of cinder, abyss watchers and yhorm just feel like giant fucking invaders. what a disappointment
>>
File: wut.jpg (147 KB, 726x590) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
147 KB, 726x590
>>337372831
>heavy armors are in the game
>poise isn't
>>
>WE WANT MORE BOSS DIVERSITY!!!1

holyshit sjw please go
>>
File: 1388588927163.png (154 KB, 605x307) Image search: [Google]
1388588927163.png
154 KB, 605x307
>>337373929
>equipment load still has its own dedicated stat
>heavy armor is completely worthless both in terms of damage absorption and poise
>>
From us better at designing humanoid fights. Mosthe of the widely considered great bosses from every game are fights against humanoids. It is especially apparent in Bloodborne where all the non humanoid bosses suffer from terrible camera jank (fuck you Paarl.)
>>
>>337374148
Don't forget the fact that you can't upgrade armor.
>>
This complaint is fucking retarded, which you should have realized after listing Twin Princes which are as human as they come as an interesting boss. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether they're humans or knights, it has to do with how the fight plays out, the types of attacks they use, their distinguishing gimmicks. The whole criticism stemmed from the fact that Dark Souls 2 bosses all fought the same with similar movesets and everything, not that they looked the same.
>>
>>337374256
True that a lot of humanoid bosses are great in Soulsborne games, like O&S, Artorias, Logarius, Maria etc. But From does monster fights well too, like Ludwig, Manus, Sif (not hard but still great). After fighting a fuckload of guys in armour in a row like the last bit of dks3 its gets really grating
>>
>>337374783
There's nothing great about the Sif fight, you stay under his legs and spam attacks. It's very poorly done.
>>
>>337374445
Right, I have no problem with human bosses unless they feel and look the same and are all stringed in a row with each other. The problem of similar movesets was a bigger problem in dks2, but there's still a bunch of bosses in this game you can just shield and sidestep around. Anyway, this thread is about the artistic choices used in the boss fights, not mechanics
>>
>>337375186
Right, mechanically he's a pushover, but the atmosphere and lore context of the fight are what make Sif one of the most memorable bosses from that game (especially after the DLC). There's hardly any of that in this game, barely any of the bosses feel inspired at all.
>>
>>337372831
>Twin Princes
Stuck on those assholes right now. The younger prince's teleporting gives me no time to recover.
If any kind anon wants to help password is:
help
I'm on the PS4
I just need someone to pull some of the aggro.
>>
>>337374783
I wouldn't count Ludwig as non humanoid because his second phase. And honestly if the second phase didn't exist that fight would have gotten tiresome.
>>
>>337375694
I mean, Sif's story's good and all but I can't honestly call the boss fight itself inspired or memorable. The only reason I even remember one of his moves is because Artorias uses it. Dark Souls 3 does have bosses like that, though. The Twin Princes and Oceiros are the most obvious examples where seeing them makes you wonder what the fuck their story is. Yhorm's a memorable character as well once you learn about him. Pontiff's memorable as hell because of his pretty graceful fighting style, the beautiful area you fight him in and the calm music combined with his slow but intimidating walking. Dancer's like that too for similar reasons.
>>
>>337372831
>Dragonslayer Knight
>A giant invader

I'd like to know what invaders have giant laser firing mutant twigmoths.
>>
>>337376312
What level are you? Do you still need help? Where are you summoning?
>>
>>337377058
Level 50
Just outside the boss gate
Im still getting butt raped.
>>
>>337376660
So even though 1 half of the fight is definitely a monster, because he stands up and pulls out a sword for the other half he's automatically humanoid? It's not always easy to classify bosses in these games as humanoid or not (Taurus, Asylum and Capra demon, Oceiros) but then it gets to a matter of opinion. Whatever you classify Ludwig as, he is definitely unique looking.
Also, most bosses would be boring if they had their big health pool and no phase changes.
>>
>>337376905
the butterflies are controlling the armor and the armor is empty
>>
>>337376905
Which would've meant something if we actually got to interact with the pilgrim butterflies at all. We see them in the background but they really only manifest in the fight as the occasional AoE.
>>
>>337377241
Are you the guy I just helped then? Sorry for not being great; I forgot his patterns somewhat; it's been a while since I beat him.
>>
>>337376312
Thanks Subodhi. A little breathing room made all the difference.
>>
File: stop.jpg (25 KB, 319x283) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
25 KB, 319x283
>mfw people complained about this in DaS2
>mfw same people are saying DaS3 has the best bosses ever
>>
>>337378135
The DaS3 ones were better to fight at least.
>>
>>337378135
Because the DaS2 bosses were shit.
The bosses in DaS3 are actually fun and interesting to fight.
>>
>>337372831
No problem with that tbqh fampai since the DaS3 bosses are actually well designed.

As a whole, DaS3 has the best vanilla bosses in the series.
>>
>>337376795
By "boss fight" do you mean the mechanics? Like I said, he's not challenging at all. But by the end when he's falling over and limping, but still fighting you (reluctantly, if you completed the DLC before his fight), it adds another layer of emotion to the fight, which for me makes it stand out as one of the game's most memorable.
Twin princes and Oceiros are some of the best bosses in dks3, they make you want to dig into their lore because their interesting characters. I think Yhorm really needed a cutscene, a 2nd phase more interesting than a fire sword and not be an annoying gimmick fight to stand out. Admittedly I don't know too much about his lore, but that could change my opinion of him. Pontiff was a fun fight at least and his soundtrack and 2nd phase were cool, even though he kind of just looked like an upgraded pontiff knight. Dancer is one of my favourite bosses of the game because its a knight but they did something different with her. Imo though a lot of the bosses in this game fall way short of this unfortunately.
>>
>>337378135
I don't even like DS3 much but it's very clearly a step up from Dark Souls 2 when it comes to boss design. Dark Souls 2 was full of shitty filler bosses, 3 bosses had much more care put into them and are generally much more unique and interesting. The bosses are easily the best thing about the game.
>>
>>337378429
Well designed in what respect?
>>
>>337377781
You were great. I just needed someone to pull some of the aggro so i had time to recover.
>>
>>337378306
Not only that but the soundtrack in 2 during the bosses fucking sucked, I can't remember a single tune from the game. Maybe it was because it was so quiet compared to how blaring it is in 1 and 3
>>
File: stop.png (98 KB, 319x283) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
98 KB, 319x283
>>337378202
>>337378306
>>
File: 1442962977957.png (311 KB, 500x440) Image search: [Google]
1442962977957.png
311 KB, 500x440
>champion gundyr
>>
>>337378858
They look cool, they fight cool and the lore behind them is actually pretty good. Most if not all of them ave a huge moveset and very good AI. I was actually surprised by how some bosses wrecked me during my first playthrough. Took me more than 20 tries to beat several bosses(most notably SoC, the Dancer, Nameless King and THE CHAMP)
>>
>>337378912
No it's because the OST was a dissonant meandering mess just like the worst tracks from Dark Souls 1. I am so glad they got a new composer for 3.
>>
>>337372831
>all have their own unique theme
>no boss fight feels the same
>great soundtracks
>more mechanically complex fights like Bloodborne
I think you might be retarded OP
>>
DaS3 had too many bosses that were fucking gimmicks.

Who was that skeleton with the spooky cloud of black intro, then went down in like 30 seconds after him doing no damage. Jesus fuck I don't even consider myself a very good player.
>>
>>337379607
Good. Gimmick bosses are nice and break up the monotony. They do go down a bit too easily though, especually Yhorm.
>>
>>337378854
Hell, Dark souls 1 is a step up from Dark souls 2, most (but not all) of that game's bosses were terrible from an artistic and mechanical standpoint. But I think very few of the bosses in Dark Souls 3 really stand out, while we had many more of these in Dark souls 1 (not that every boss was great in DKS1). Dark souls 1 had us fighting giant butterflies, fucked up gaping dragons, quelagg, and all sorts of other cool beasties, but dks3 didnt even offer close to that variety; we instead got stuck with a bunch of dudes in armour which, although they do play differently, just don't have that ability to make you feel like "I have to fight this?!"
>>
>>337379607
I mean, Id rather fight a gimmick boss than a damage sponge. Gimmicks are also called "weak spots" I hate that people shit all over them because you attacked a bosses weakspot and succeeded in killing him, somehow making them a bad "gimmick" boss
>>
>>337378963
stuck on this asshole right now. Fuck this.
>>
Why are everyone on /v/ furries? What's wrong with humanoid bosses?
>>
>>337380020
What sl are you?
>>
File: 1462664654082.gif (4 MB, 232x219) Image search: [Google]
1462664654082.gif
4 MB, 232x219
Dark Souls 2 is better.
>>
>>337379816
Speak for yourself, all I could feel when seeing yet another big boss that you have to poke with a toothpick until it gives up while it fucks with the camera is exhaustion. Dark Souls 1 bosses were more interesting story wise thanks to the more cohesive, well thought out world but most of them sucked ass mechanically. Dark Souls 3 bosses hit that sweet spot of giving bosses just enough atmosphere and character to distinguish them while also being really well done from a gameplay perspective.
>>
>>337379829
The weak spots should have stayed in Bloodborne. It's not fun to have a boss stall you for centuries as you wait for a good opening to tickle their unmentionables, weak spots were never meant for Dark Souls where the movesets of the bosses make them dangerous to approach from just about every angle anyway.
>>
>>337380020
Just parry him bro.
>>
>>337380243
Like 70 ish maybe? I'm away from the game at the moment.
>>
>>337379593
>Have a unique theme like pretty much every soulsborne boss
> Mechanically different but after fighting at 11th thing that looks like a tall invader in a row the lack of variety is tiresome.
> think you already mentioned this unless you meant something else by theme
> you're going to need to give some examples
>>
>>337380509
For some reason I can't do it consistently. Like, is there a certain distance you have to be from him?
>>
>>337374148
i dont understand this meme. Damage absorption plays a fairly big difference. If you go full fashion souls with super light armor then you are taking considerably more damage than someone in heavier armor with better stats.

you can easily test this out ingame too.
>>
>>337380509
Not as far I as I know. Just grab a parrying shield and stay a little away from him to bait out his slower swings.
>>
>>337380876
meant for
>>337380686
>>
>>337380710
I've already tested it. I can match the damage absorption of a heavy set that requires 30 vitality and havel's ring to not fatroll with a light set at 10 vitality with the ring of of steel protection.

Same absorption and ring usage except with 20 less points to spend.
>>
>>337380630
>11th thing that feels like an invader
What boss even feels like an invader?
You might have been playing DaS 2 instead
>>
>>337377241
No wonder you're getting your ass beat, you're underleveled, you should be at least 70 or 80 by that part of the game
>>
>>337380493
Dark souls 1 is an older and less polished game, sure its going to be worse in these respects, but bosses like Ludwig show that From can make a really good monster boss. There is nothing inherently wrong with humanoid or knight bosses, but they didn't even try to deviate from the dude in armour with a big weapon and shield with their humanoids (other than with Oceiros and Old Demon King). Dark souls 3 has bosses that have great atmosphere, like deacons, nameless king, pontiff and aldrich, but a lot that are pretty meh like crystal sage, Dragonslayer armour, yhorm and abyss watchers (<these guys did have a great soundtrack though)
>>
>>337380574
Summon the sword master to take some of the aggro and just keep circling his left. Trick is to not get greedy with your attacks. I beat him at lvl25 with a +2 raw flamberge.
>>
>>337381026
true but you need the ring of steel protection.

all im saying is, damage absorption isn't as useless as people say it is.
>>
>it's a "Hyperaggressive tall guy with big weapons" episode
All these extremely imaginative and well-designed boss fights.
>>
>>337381618
>Dark souls 1 is an older and less polished game, sure its going to be worse in these respects

Yes, and it was. Don't bring up its age though, some of the best bosses in video games come from games that are far older than Dark Souls, and with a smaller budget too.

>other than with Oceiros and Old Demon King

Or Vordt (looks like a knight, fights like a dog boss), or the tree, or the sage, or Wolnir, or the deacons, or Yhorm (has a similar enough moveset to knight enemies but the fight itself is completely different thanks to Storm Ruler), or Aldritch, or the wyvern. That's like half the boss fights in the game right there. I really have no clue what you're complaining about.
>>
>>337381446
Soul of cinder, abyss watchers, nameless king 2nd phase, champion gundyr, yhorm, dragonslayer armour.
its a bit of exaggeration, they obviously don't feel exactly like invaders, I just got really sick of fighting a bunch of knight types, when past FROM games have offered so much more variety (not including dark souls 2, but at least that game gave us Demon of Song who's way too easy but looks like a real dark souls boss)
>>
>>337380710
After 20% the DA starts to drop and doesn't correlate with the the number shown. Since most light/medium armor nets you at least 15% DA adding the steel ring puts you at the optimum amount. The only other thing Vit does for you is increase flat dmg absorption, but Str increases this pretty well too while also increasing fire absorption and contributing to weapon dmg. You dont need anymore Vit than the starting amount of the knight.
>>
>>337381560
Didn't feel underlevelled. Going through the archives was easy enough. I've got an AR of 500 with my ss and i can take 3-4 hits before death. Problem was i couldn't find any safe moments to drink my estus.
>>
>>337380710
Fashion souls is 10% reduction
Normal armor is 20% and maybe 25-30% for a single stat.
Havels is 30% against everything, and 35% against fire.
Going from 1/5 to 1.5/5 really isn't that a big of a increase.

Especially when you need to stay below 70% to even have rolling and stamina regen.
>>
>>337378429
>DaS3 bosses are actually well designed
Dragonslayer armor is a infinite stamina poking match, and he has a shield.
Prince Lothric is a teleporting infinite stamina enemy, where you need to let go of camera lock to damage him from the front.

Some bosses like Watchers is normal NPC enemies, which can be killed via no poise stagger.
>>
>>337382220
Whoops, should've proofread there. I meant they didn't try to deviate from something that looks human as much as in other FROM games. Vordt is great because, even though he looks like knight, he's really more of a beast. The tree and the wyvern (and Vordt really) are the only real monster bosses in this game. Sage is human, wolnir fights a bit like old iron king but is still a big skeleton human, deacons are a bunch of humans and yhorm is a giant, which basically looks like a big human. I'll reiterate, I know that these bosses play differently from each other, which is great, but from an artistic stand point many of these bosses lacked inspiration. Not because looking like a human = uncreative inherently, just because we have so many of them stringed in a row. I got into dark souls 1 because of all the awesome monsters you got to fight, and bloodborne offered that for me too, but dark souls 3 fell short of my expectations in this respect.
>>
File: 20160512233147_1.jpg (502 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160512233147_1.jpg
502 KB, 1920x1080
In NG, Pontiff is hands down the hardest boss in the game, especially for how early you encounter him.
I needed 20+ tries on my first character then beat him first try on NG+.
Started a new character and he already killed me 15 times again.
You just don't have enough hp to survive more than 3 hits from him unless you have embers to spare. One missed roll and you are basically dead.
Also he JUST.WON'T.STOP.FUCKING.ATTACKING.EVER.
>>
>>337384107
Pointiff is a infinite stamina boss, built for a Bloodborne character.
BUT: he can be parried.
>>
>>337384107
Parry the cunt
>>
>>337372831
What's wrong about humanoid bosses? They all have varied movesets and abilities. Go play Bloodborne if you want to fight quadrupeds.
>>
>>337384107
I only managed to beat that guy by bullying him till his shadow came out and then trading near death for a few hits.
>>
>>337384208
>>337384270
I can parry his initial attack pretty reliably but anything than that is a gamble.
>>
>>337384427
Most of them are infinite stamina assholes, with almost the Player Character moveset.
>>
>>337384453
Stick one of his sides then, a lot of his attacks will miss without you even having to roll if you do that. Forget which side it was though, probably his right hand.
>>
>>337379829
The only reason it's annoying is because the weakspots are too obvious/too easy to hit and then the boss still dies too fast.

Wolnir has a lot of really cool attacks and is an otherwise awesome fight but dies in like 30 seconds so you don't get to see any of it.

They should have made it so that he was invincible while he had his bling, and once it was broken you had to kill him like normal.
>>
>>337372831
>>337373929
>>337374148
>>337378135
It's okay when Miyazaki does it.
>>
>>337379829
All the dragon fights in 2 was super fun.
The Ancient Wyrm fight in 3 is super shit, where your camera randomly snags into everything if you even try to fight him.
>>
File: champ.jpg (178 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
champ.jpg
178 KB, 1280x720
>>337384580
>Player Character moveset

Say that to me ingame and not online and see what happens

I wish we had his moveset
>>
File: 1462893391562.gif (3 MB, 355x200) Image search: [Google]
1462893391562.gif
3 MB, 355x200
>>337372831
Humanoid and knight bosses aren't a problem, the problem is boring fights with repetitive movesets and that's where DS2 dropped the ball.
>>
>>337384427
As I've said above, nothing inherently. Its just that we barely get to fight anything other than humans and big humans. Some of them play differently sure, but the lack of variety in the way they looked got to me by the end.
>>
>>337384723
Yhorm should also have had half his hp and storm ruler only appearing if u completed siegards questline.
>>
>>337384840
Like I've said above, I agree that in Dark Souls 2 the problem was that they all had basically the same moveset. Imo though at least the humanoid bosses in that game didn't all look like knights and actual humans, like many more them do in this game.
>>
File: 1462484782675.jpg (233 KB, 1280x944) Image search: [Google]
1462484782675.jpg
233 KB, 1280x944
>DS2 humanoid bosses
>complete fucking literal whos in armor with no interesting lore attached you've already forgotten about by the time you fight the next one

>DS3 humanoid bosses
>technically humanoid but differing so wildly in design, fighting style and animations that you don't even think about it, nearly every boss is integrated perfectly in the lore, every time you beat one you want to put your sign down and fight it again
>>
>>337372831
14/19 are humans
>5 aren't
>Vordt
>Greatwood
>Wolnir
>Demon King
>Yhorm
>Dancer
>Dragonslayer armor
>Oceiros
>Ancient Wyvern, which is still technically a boss fight
>5
If you meant humanoid, that's a different story.
>>
File: 1449293576109.jpg (83 KB, 640x908) Image search: [Google]
1449293576109.jpg
83 KB, 640x908
>>337372831

>78 replies and 8 images omitted. Click here to view.
>99% of content is neogaf defense force

nice
>>
File: 1458778102097.jpg (70 KB, 459x575) Image search: [Google]
1458778102097.jpg
70 KB, 459x575
>>337372831
I didn't like Dark Souls 3 as much as I did the other games in the series, but it had the best bosses out of any of the Dark Souls games, none of the bosses felt cheap, lazy or boring to fight and the ones that were too easy at least had a fun gimmick to them.

I like Dark Souls 2 a lot, almost as much as I do Dark Souls 1, but the bosses in that game could have done with a lot of improvement from ones that are shameless reskins from Dark Souls 1 to the incredibly easy ones that pose next to no challenge to the uninspired ones where it's a giant dude who has a 3 part attack with a pause after it. Though I really liked how in a lot of the bosses in 2 that there are ways you can use the environment to your advantage like lighting the torches to see better in The Lost Sinner, getting rid of the poison in Mytha, being able to break open the pots to release trapped undead that the Covetous Demon will focus on attacking (not that you need any help with the boss fight) or pulling the switch to get more groundpsace for fighting the Dragonrider. The more I think about it, the more I think that Dark Souls 2 really used its environment well.
>>
File: Old Demon King.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
Old Demon King.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>337385310
Just Scorpion-chan and Snake-chan or am I missing something? There's plenty of inhuman bosses, like ODK, Oceiros, Aldritch and King of the Storm. The point is that all of the bosses left an impression with me, they all have something unique going on with them, and that's great, that's what I wanted.
>>
>>337385312
>differing so wildly in design
but not really, if we're talking artistically
And like I've said above, when we're comparing dark souls 2 to 3 then yes, its looks like a huge improvement in this respect. Compared to Dark souls 1 there are a lot of improvements but in terms of boss variety, which is what this thread is about, then it falls short.
>>
>>337385808
He's old and tired, give him a break anon

He just got done killing literally every other demon, he's not ready to fight you yet
>>
>>337385808
Flexile-chan too arguably. Huh, I guess that's it though, Dark souls 2 is somehow even shittier than i remember it being
>>
>>337385808
The 2 dragon bosses, the demon of song, the covetous demon, the Rotten, Freja, the rat bosses, gargoyles, chariot and I guess you could include the Old Iron King if you reall wanted to, but most of the bosses are so lame I can barely remember them.
>>
File: 1462396806149.jpg (439 KB, 1000x670) Image search: [Google]
1462396806149.jpg
439 KB, 1000x670
>>337385962
>DS1
>Boss variety
>Giant Demon with weapon
>Giant Demon with weapon
>Giant Demon with TWO weapons and two ads
>Giant demon with a cripple bro
>Gimmick "caster" boss
>Big ugly dragon
>Giant demon(ess) with a weapon
>Giant armor with a weapon
>Two giant knights with a weapon
>>
>>337386610
All of those were lame except for Sinh. I completely forgot about Covetous and the rat bosses.
>>
>>337385729
I disagree; though I felt there were some exciting bosses in this game, I never really felt that sense of awe that I got from many dark souls 1 or bloodborne bosses my first time around save for a few of them. Many of them just looked kinda same-y to me
>>
>>337385962
How so?

It has 10 humanoid bosses, 9 monster bosses not counting the reskins. And that's if we count the demons like Taurus Demon as non-humanoid for whatever reason.
>>
>>337380710
It really doesn't. Regardless of what armor you're wearing and how high your Vit is, every boss in the second half of the game will still 3-shot you.
>>
>>337380710
>then you are taking considerably more damage than someone in heavier armor with better stats.
I don't agree. Investing into the stats that boost defence by 1 point per stat gives you more damage resistance than going over 20% reduction.
On the top of that, if you are fighting bosses, they do often only deal 1 damage type, so you literally mix and match to get 25-30% reduction for no weight.

Also all light gear has insane magic/fire/dark/lightning resist. All the no weight armor sports +15% for the chest pieces.

And all it does change is that the bosses 3 shot you instead of 2 shots. It won't save your ass unless you invest very heavy into the Vigor stat, around 30-35.
>>
>>337386831
I know, I love Dark Souls 2 but so many of the bosses are just so lame and you breeze through them no matter what. They really should have consolidated the minorly cool features from groups of lamer bosses into fewer, better designed bosses. Like bosses like the Dragonrider just feel so lame and superfluous that the game would be better off without them.

>>337386973
I guess there weren't that many big "impressive" ones, I just thought that they were all really cool ideas for bosses that were esecuted really wall. Except for Dragonslayer Armour, that one just felt uninspired.
>>
So do Dark souls 3 peak at:
1. Vordt
2. Wolnir
?
I just feel the final stretches towards the final Lord Souls is very shit.
>>
>>337372831

maybe they realise all the best fights in every previous game were against humanoid knights?

artorias
no cheese gywn
O&S
king allant
garl of vinland
fume knight

and so on. the vast majority of other bosses were janky bullshit where the shit camera made it hard to get a read on their moveset, or stupid shit like dragon god/bed of chaos. with a few notable exceptions like flame lurker or sif
>>
File: 1461607609215.png (159 KB, 289x289) Image search: [Google]
1461607609215.png
159 KB, 289x289
>>337387752
>Boss is named Dragonrider
>Doesn't ride dragons
>Doesn't ride anything
>All he does is fall of the ledge to his doom
>>
>>337387891
Twin Princes is the best fight in the game, memorable in both design and moveset.

I actually really liked Soul of Cinder as well but he came after way too many armor guys for it to feel important.
>>
>>337372831

the real problem with das3 is all the skinny little fuccboi legs in the metal armor sets

if you dont wanna look like a dyel nolegs faggot and still wear medium armor its basically elite knight or nothing
>>
File: 1410353933953.jpg (27 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1410353933953.jpg
27 KB, 300x400
>>337380710
it does barely fucking anything, and what's worse is the fucking absurd amount of points you must pump into vit to be able to fucking MOVE in full havel's
I tried doing a full Havel's run, and I only just managed to stay under 100% equip with ring of favor, havel's ring and prisoner's chain.
And I STILL got killed in 3 swings of a dragon tooth, the very weapon i used to kill people in 3 swings.
You pretty much forgo the ability to parry, or roll, to take the same amount of damage and waste 60+ trying to wear the armour
>>
Shall we go over the "humanoid bosses"

>Yhorm
giant, machete, uses mostly downward focussing attacks from up above, slamming into the ground etc, killed by use of a unique weapon

>vordt:
more beast than human, uses slamming attacks and long charges

>twin princes
arguably the most successful realisation of a two-enemy boss battle in the series, both enemies perfectly account for eachother's weaknesses, this fight rocks in both a thematic and mechanical way

>champion gundyr
athletic as fuck, uses shoulder bouncing, suckerpunching tactics, and mixes moves up spontaneously with the charging/spinning/lifting , rock throwing shit

>Nameless King
The visually perfected first phase battle, which alone is better than the majority of dark souls 2's fights aside, the second phase is very grand, the 5 hit combo potential in mixed up movesets, the wind rush charge attacks, the heaving pokes/slams, lightning kicks and lightning charge etc, this is hardly like an invader

>Pontiff
More of a dancer than the dancer, the six hit combo's, the tacticle blue blade pokes, the long forward dashes, the huge versatility, not to mention the second phase which is a completely different battle entirely, melee moveset and clone gimmick wise.
>abyss watchers
With soul of cinder, the only fight in the game which actually felt like an invader, this fight was decent because of the chaotic battle atmosphere, the wide variety of swipe attacks, and the additions in phase 2
>Soul of cinder
Arguably one of the most unique bosses in the series simply because he's like an invader, the sheer amount of versatility in the first phase is ridiculous, in the space of like 20 seconds he could be firing soul stream at you, doing ninja flips with a fiery scimitar, or casting wrath of gods in his spear phase, this combined with the genuinely well made phase 2 recreation of gwyn, and the general challenge of the fight made it a really memorable battle

cont.
>>
>>337388017
>Twin Princes is the best fight in the game
How large was your gank squad? It was a shit fight. All the other Lord Soul bosses was better.

The stairs leading up to it was literally cancer too.
>>
>>337388274
Anon, you get a free shortcut at the top of the stairs. And you don't even need to kill any of the enemies on it.
>>
>>337387891
Are you talking about peaking in terms of the worst bosses? Because in terms of best bosses, I'd say it peaks at Nameless King or Pontiff Sulyvahn.

>>337387997
He's just so unimpressive that I almost like him for it. Like, who is he? He's just some knight sat around in a tiny room who has nothing special about him other than that he's big, but not even bigger than any other boss knight. There's no interesting lore about him, he has no interesting moves and he isn't even designed in a neat way, he's just such a weak and uninteresting boss. The Persuer was a million times cooler for what was practically the same boss fight.
>>
>>337388419
Are we talking the same shortcut? The one where if you don't move the elevator properly back, you have to reactivate it, because it gets stuck on a Titanite Slab?
>>
>>337388274
>All the other Lord Soul bosses was better.
Oh yeah, Aldritch of the one-shot arrow spam was much better.

Abyss Watchers were so memorable and totally not boring as fuck and way too easy.

Yhorm was really fun, puzzle bosses where you use a gimmick weapon to win in 3 hits are great.

stfu faggot.
>>
>>337388597
Anon. It's the same mechanic as the elevator where you meet Siegeward.
Just hit the button, then dodgeroll off it back onto the platform. Then you can go back up.
>>
>>337388516
I meant in terms of area design and boss designs.
There is a few cool areas after catacombs, like the Archives.
Then there is shit like Archdragon peak, which is generally terrible because it feels like nothing works.
>>
>>337388274
This. Twin Princes solo is a pain, but with at least one other player/summon its pretty good.
>>
>>337388880
Archdragon peak is terrible because it's too small, has no enemy variety, and is home to the worst boss in the game (best boss too)
>>
File: 1416339972356.jpg (62 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1416339972356.jpg
62 KB, 612x612
>boss fight has mobs in it
>>
>>337389436
At the least the Dark Souls 3 skeletons are pushovers, so the Wolnir fight is okay. And he kills them himselv.
Then again, but that standard, the Ancient Wyrm is the worst enemy in the game. I don't really disagree.
>>
I loved Abyss Watchers, something about the atmosphere and the crazy fighting that'd happen when three of them were there was so fun
>>
>>337388880
Oh right, I thought the area designs were some of the worst in the Dark Souls series. Some were great and stood out a lot like the Profaned Capital or Irithyll but so many of the others just felt so derivative from previous games, like did we need another poison swamp, underground skeleton land, castle wall with dragons breathing fire on you and ramshackle undead settlement? The areas weren't offensively bad or anything but I would have liked more new ideas brought to the table.
>>
>>337388252
>Dragonslayer armour
Arguably the most "generic humanoid" of the fights in dark souls 3, and even this was done right, the unique feeling of the fight's heavily shield focussed attacking mechanics, combined with the charging hammer attacks, unique stagger move and the pilgrim butterflies in stage 2 made it really memorable for me.

If you want a comparison to the quality of this fight, just look at old dragonslayer in dark souls 2.

>Old Demon King

Humanoid in essence, but still felt very unique from the rest of the bosses with the fiery chanting mechanics and slow melee attacks, which felt a lot different from the more aggressive approach ds3 bosses usually had.

>Dancer

Like vordt, this fight is barely even standard humanoid expectations, the slow creepy movements, disjointed limbs and delayed attack patterns, along with the spinning in stage 2 made this very unique.

>High lord wolnir

Humanoid boss battle done wrong, like the old iron king but more memorable and much better, average really.

>deacons

Humanoid mob boss, visually and atmospherically very good, but of little talking point overall.

>Crystal sage

Hardly fitting of normal humanoid encounters, the magic focussed fight along with the cloning mechanic in phase 2 made a somewhat average boss simply stand out as "okay"

>Iudex, discounting the first phase which I felt applied to Champ more, the second phase is much more bestial.

Overall, I really don't get why people care about these "humanoid" knight encounters.

DIsco

Logarius, Gascoigne, Orphan of Kos, gehrman, maria, Artorias, ornstein and smough, manus, gwyn, four kings, False King, penetrator, old monk, Burnt Ivory King, champion gundyr, pontiff sulayvahn, Dancer, Nameless king, twin princes, soul of cinder, Abyss watchers

What do all of these have in common
>>
>>337389436
At least DS3 got the hang of it. Deacons IS a mob fight, Wolnir actually has to summon the skellies.
>>
File: id fuck that.jpg (22 KB, 373x402) Image search: [Google]
id fuck that.jpg
22 KB, 373x402
>>337389697
>>
>>337374256
All they need to do is scale back the camera a bit and done, but nooo gotta be lazy right
>>
>>337390039

if they do that then you'd have a huge boss with huge hurtboxes with telegraphed attacks that you could counter attack for free after spending a few minutes rolling around to download the attack pattern

literally all of the "large beast" bosses in souls games are shit except freya and kalameet

the more medium sized things like flamelurker and vordt tend to be better

knights and other humanoids are always best
>>
>>337384834
holy fuck just beat this boss that 2nd phase
> literally give it one chance to attack him every 5 minutes
>>
File: scraped.jpg (14 KB, 275x231) Image search: [Google]
scraped.jpg
14 KB, 275x231
>Souls games will never EVER go back to Demon's Souls style bosses
>there will never be another Souls game filled with creative and unique boss fights like Old Monk, Armored Spider, Old Hero, Storm King, Fool's Idol, Dragon God, and Maiden Astreaea
>90% of the bosses will be either ripoffs of Demon's Souls bosses or generic "big enemy in big arena, rollan and dodgan" fights
>tfw no more atmospheric and strategic Souls because everyone is so obsessed with muh difficulty and muh pvp
>>
>>337390768
That's the nostalgia talking buddy.
>>
>>337390505

are you bad?
>>
Where did the whole "human bosses are bad" thing start? I know people liked to bring it up when criticizing Dark Souls 2 instead of all the other valid reasons but I never understood why.
>>
>boss is not humanoid
>FUCKING GIMMICK FIGHTS, TOO EASY
>boss is a humanoid
>WHAT THE FUCK DUDES IN ARMOR AGAIN
make up your minds dude
>>
>>337390768
Demon's Souls bosses were shit, most of them were Bed of Chaos style puzzle boss faggotry.
>>
File: Dark_Souls_dailyhollow.png (253 KB, 679x632) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_dailyhollow.png
253 KB, 679x632
>>337390768
Dark Souls 2 had a lot of very good bosses. But being very good also means they do very fast if the player catches on properly.

We got shit like the Cursed Tree, which was amazing, but also contrasted by a lot of bosses thats super shit solo. I.E Dragonslayer armor and Twin Princes.
>>
>>337391240
people thought DS2 didn't have much variety in terms of boss designs

lately this has turned into "ALL HUMANOID BOSSES ARE BAD"

just /v/ being retarded again
>>
>>337390768
What so Deacons, Oceiros, Twin Princes, Nameless King, Crystal Sage, Yhorm, Aldrich, Pontiff Sulayvahn, Curse Rotted Greatwood, Ancient Wyvern, Old Demon King, High Lord Wolnir, Abyss Watchers, Dancer of the boreal valley, vordt, Champion Gundyr and Soul of Cinder aren't atmospheric and don't feel unique from one another?
>>
>>337380710
I was wearing the exiled set and I got killed in 5 hits by dogs at the Deep cathedral; health is much more important than armor.
>>
>>337391240
Lack of enemy variety in an INCREDIBLY long game gets old fast.
>>
>>337378963
SHOULDER CHECK
>>
>>337391301
>Cursed Tree was amazing
>Dragonslayer Armor and Twin Princes weren't

You fucking serious, anon? The tree was a clusterfuck. It's slow, it's boring, the hitboxes are shit, it doesn't feel like you're doing any damage to it until it dies, you don't have to learn any of its moves, you barely have to dodge, the mechanics simply don't lend themselves well to the fight. Dragonslayer Armor and Twin Princes are far, far better fights. The only issues is the teleporting which breaks your lock on and is too confusing even when you disable the lock on.
>>
>>337391045
Really? Let's take a look at Dark Souls 3's bosses
>Iudex Gundyr
Generic big enemy in big arena.
>Vordt
>Curse-Rotted Greatwood
Ripoff of Adjudicator.
>Crystal Sage
Ripoff of Fool's Idol except even more dumbed down.
>Abyss Watchers
An actually cool boss.
>Deacons of the Deep
Ripoff of Phalanx.
>High Lord Wolnir
Boring but at least somewhat unique boss.
>Old Demon King
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
>Yhorm
LITERALLY a carbon copy of Storm King
>Aldrich
Combination of a ripoff of Gwyndolin with a generic big enemy in big arena, terrible boss.
>Dancer
>Dragonslayer Armour
>Oceiros
Generic big enemy in big arena, points for being a somewhat atmospheric fight unlike the rest of the uninspired bullshit fights.
>Champ
>Princes
Generic big enemy in big arena with another Gwyndolin ripoff thrown in.
>Ancient Wyvern
Ripoff of Dragon God.
>Nameless King
Great fight, even though it was straightforward.
>Soul of Cinder
Generic big enemy in big arena, even the moveset is recycled.

tl;dr Souls has been reduced to a game of rolling and spamming R1 instead of a game focused around atmosphere and strategy. Used to be an actual RPG and now it's a bland hack and slash that appeals to the lowest common denominator.
>>
im about to quit my second playthrough of dark souls 1 because of the ceaseless discharge

this fucking asshole is more bullshit than ornstein and smough by far
>>
File: 1462068760845.jpg (163 KB, 872x950) Image search: [Google]
1462068760845.jpg
163 KB, 872x950
>>337392074
>Gwyndolin ripoff thrown in
>>
>>337391996
>it doesn't feel like you're doing any damage to it until it dies
It literally has 100-150 hp left after all the ballsacks are popped. So its just to hit the arm once, and it does.
I agree it was a very anti lock on fight, and some of the ballsacks are insanly hard to hit.

>The only issues is the teleporting which breaks your lock on
The teleports to perform the sword beam, and the teleport to plunge is the only ones that break the lock on.
>>
>>337392074
So if they are similar to demon souls bosses and demon souls bosses are "unique and creative" doesn't it make them the same?
>>
>>337392248
I'm not talking about HP, I'm talking about the fact that it's a huge creature that gives almost no indication of getting damaged when you hit it until it falls over. Your weapon should not do anything at all to that thing. Big bosses in general are shit feel-wise in these games for this reason.
>>
File: Dark_Souls_dragon_.jpg (179 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_dragon_.jpg
179 KB, 1366x768
>>337392452
>Destroy its ballsack
>It literally keels over in pain, for each body part
>Literally breaks the floor in rage once enough has been destroyed
>Literally grows a hand to masturbate
>>
>>337392452
>I'm talking about the fact that it's a huge creature that gives almost no indication of getting damaged when you hit it until it falls over.
expect huge blood plashes and sound effects and the dangling balls wobbling all around? and the fact that if you hit it into a place you're not supposed to your weapon bounces off it?

I'm not sure what you mean, I was very sure I was doing damage to the thing.
>>
>>337392451
The fuck are you talking about? Rehashing an idea is not creativity, even if the idea was originally creative. Storm King was a great boss in Demon's Souls but Yhorm is god fucking awful, it's almost funny how shameless they were in just recycling the fight, they even gave Stormruler the same name. What a joke.
>>
>>337392074
Let's take a look at demons souls bosses:

>adjudicator
generic fat/big guy, also nice joke on curse rotted greatwood being a rip off, that fight is visually, musically, mechanically and atmospherically superior in every way, and it's still a mediocre boss
>armor spider
generic spider boss, so fucking original
>dirty collossus
generic big guy
>dragon god
shit, generic big dragon boss
>flamelurker
generic big fiery guy
>fools idol
shit, crystal sage is superior
>false king
good at the time, now relatively mediocre, like demons souls in general, generic knight fight
>leechmonger
generic big thing
>maneaters
like gargoyles but mechanically so much worse
>maiden astraea
shit fight, good atmosphere, so overall, shit
>old hero
generic big guy
>penetrator
generic big guy
>phalanx
shit, deacons of the deep are superior as a mob boss in every sense
>storm king
utter shit with some of the worst music in the series
>tower knight
generic big guy
>vanguard
generic big guy

It baffles me to see you put soul of cinder as generic when it single handedly the most versatile and interesting knight boss in the series, the whole "player vs player" as a boss battle could have been utter shit if they went with an old monk like approach, but they did it so much better.
>>
>>337392846
But how are "Generic big enemy in big arena" bosses in Demon Souls are good but "Generic big enemy in big arena" in every other game are bad?
>>
>>337392074
Terrible
>>
>>337392848
>soul of cinder as generic when it single handedly the most versatile and interesting knight boss in the series
Uh, what? It's a joke boss to anyone who has experience with the series. It's a fairly straightforward "knight fight" as you call it and then he literally just turns into Gwyn. It's probably the single most disappointing final boss in Souls, Demon's Souls included lel.

>>337393096
Because in Demon's Souls they serve as a break in the pacing between more strategic or atmospheric fights, they aren't literally every single fight. Also later Souls bosses are highly derivative of DeS's bosses' movesets.
>>
>>337393096
Because DeS is the original and a sony exclusive and PC gamers ruined everything so shut up
>>
>the game is bullshit with a STR build, it was clearly designed after bloodborne and enemies are too fast!
Who started this meme? Fuckhuge weapons are so easy to cheese enemies with, you just play the range game and catch them in your fuckhuge swing radius.
>>
>>337393476
So basically just because they were first?

There is nothing "strategic" in the in between gimmick bosses and every souls game has it's share of atmospheric bosses.
>>
>>337393476
Soul of Cinder pulling out his Dexfag curved sword and using Pyromancies was amazing.
>>
>>337393476
It's funny you mention that, as compared to the other final knight/humanoid esque bosses, nashandra, gwyn, gehrman, and false king if you count him, he's the most mechanically complex, the most versatile and definetely the most challenging.

His second phase consists of several new moves as well, it's not "literally just gwyn" rather, it's a recreation of what gwyn represents, hence the addition of various lightning based attacks and the additional sword attacks.
>>
File: 1461222017638.jpg (34 KB, 511x640) Image search: [Google]
1461222017638.jpg
34 KB, 511x640
>>337385509

>149 replies and 22 images omitted. Click here to view.

>99% of content still is neogaf trying to defend a shitty game
>>
>>337393476
Are you ok?
Souls of Cinder probably has the biggest moveset of any boss in the series.
Can use greatsword, spear, pyromancy, flipping dexfag curved sword, spells and then turns into another boss in the next phase.
You can have bosses use just one of his styles.
>>
>>337393476
>gwyn used spears, ninjaflipped, sorceries and miracles
Anon you are too high on these memes, take a break and examine your words at a later date.
>>
Post your favorite Souls music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6sOhQan9Y
>>
>>337394332
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFRaZs6ri7s
>>
>>337394332
nobody ever mentions this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tuWvGee4T0
>>
>>337394332
Posting best hub music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_mJUwgwhgQ
>>
>>337394332
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdByf0lP-qM
>>
>>337394332
currently can't stop listening to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0LdIZ8TWYo
>>
>>337393783
>gimmick
Knew I would see that buzzword. Like I said, nu-Souls is a hack and slash for casuals. When anything beyond "durr hit da big guy with ur sword" is introduced into a boss the baddies whine about "gimmicks".

>>337393905
I agree with "versatile", but there is nothing mechanically complex or challenging about Soul of Cinder. Souls in general is not mechanically complex, and people who think it is or want it to be (read: casuals) are what's ruining the series. You can give Soul of Cinder 20 different ways to slash at me, but if I can dodge all of them by circlestepping towards his weapon-arm or rolling what's the point? And adding in an AoE or a copy of a miracle that's been in the game since Dark Souls doesn't exactly help the matter either. I'll take Nashandra any day, at least that boss had some actual design beyond "LOL GIVE HIM A COUPLE NEW SPAMMY ATTACKS THAT CAN BE TRIVIALIZED BY BASIC DODGING AND MOVEMENT".
>>
>>337394332
Oh yeah, I forgot to even mention music, so just for the record Demon's Souls also shits all over every other Souls game musically too.

Here's the best track in the series
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ESqvGzdnvs
>>
>>337394406
My favorite in DS3 too.
>>
>>337394596
>LOL GIVE HIM A COUPLE NEW SPAMMY ATTACKS THAT CAN BE TRIVIALIZED BY BASIC DODGING AND MOVEMENT

So like every boss in the series ever?
You are being quite delusional you know?
>>
>>337394596
>"LOL GIVE HIM A COUPLE NEW SPAMMY ATTACKS THAT CAN BE TRIVIALIZED BY BASIC DODGING AND MOVEMENT".
As opposed to attacks that can't be avoided by dodging or moving?

What is a non drained Mytha fight or an imaginary 3000000 meter aoe heat damage Smelter your ideal souls fight or something?
You are so fucking far up your own ass its sad to watch
>>
>>337394696
DeS and DaS OSTs are so different stylistically it's completely pointless to compare them, they both have great music.

DeS is creepy and weird and minimalistic while DaS is grand and blood pumping and melancholic (even more so than DeS, no need to post the Maiden Astraea theme)
>>
>>337395193
No, as in fights that aren't based entirely around the meager "skill" that is present in Souls and instead require you to think. I know the fighting game washouts who take the Souls games seriously from a mechanical standpoint will get mad at that, but really it's just not a series that has any business being based entirely on its core mechanics. This is what Demon's Souls did right: equal amounts action-style fights to provide some excitement and strategic or story-based fights to provide playstyle diversity.
>>
>>337395762
What strategic fights exactly?
And don't tell me storm king.
>>
>>337395762
>instead require you to think
Are you implying any of the games in the series actually do this?
Again nigga you are so fucking far up your own ass that I'm not even going to bother trying to decipher your next reply as it is probably even more completely inane nonsense.

Go write an essay on how Dragon God was an extremely mentally taxing fight that pushed your 3 brain cells to their absolute limit, someone might actually read more than the first sentence.
>>
>>337394696
DeS has the worst music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaZWK0RaPFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIAQY2xwXPc&list=RDvaZWK0RaPFk&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQw1rPMn95E&index=3&list=RDvaZWK0RaPFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OefcLt1NoZk&list=RDvaZWK0RaPFk&index=6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7T05Lm9mjw&index=7&list=RDvaZWK0RaPFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTmdkMRaPUE&index=8&list=RDvaZWK0RaPFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTT4di20FtU&index=9&list=RDvaZWK0RaPFk

(crash bandicoot music lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMphk_j27yw&list=RDvaZWK0RaPFk&index=10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFjotdhdBLM&list=RDvaZWK0RaPFk&index=13

Sure there are some great tracks like maiden astraea and false king, but the majority of it sounds like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pA8VzdpDnU
>>
>>337395998
Dragon God, Fool's Idol, Storm King (whether you like it or not), Maiden Aestrea (story based/atmospheric not strategic), Armor Spider to a lesser extent, Old Monk less in a strategic sense and more in a creative/non-traditional sense.

>>337396096
And you continue posting about how "mechanically complex" and "challenging" Souls games are. Oh my gosh, I actually broke lock-on for this fight! Oh wow did you see me press the roll button there! I'm such a l33t gaymur.
>I'm not even going to bother trying to decipher your next reply as it is probably even more completely inane nonsense
I'm glad you admit that you have no valid argument here.
>>
File: 20160513015626_1.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160513015626_1.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1080
>POO IN LOO
>>
>>337393476
I was in tears when LoC started doing ninja rolls and using fireball, it's like I was really playing DkS1 pvp with no lag. If they would've given him a katana it's basically a parody of pvp itself

The Homing Soulmass respawning was bullshit tho
>>
>>337396459
So by that logic Greatwood, Ancient wyvern, Yorm, Volnir and crystal sage are all strategic fights right?
>>
>>337396907
Yes, and every single one of them except MAYBE wolnir is also a rehash of an existing Demon's Souls fight making them shit.
>>
>>337396907
No because DeS is the only good game in the series because it's the first one, and if you think differently, you're wrong.
>>
>>337396997
But didn't you just complain that all Dark Souls has became is R1 roll spam? Which one is it?
>>
Anyone missed it when majority of the bosses felt like serious active people who could wreck shit up instead of being an empty husk who outlived his/her prime? Only DeS, and in a way BB achieved that kind of feeling. One of the top bosses in the game series, Manus, was still active and you could actively see the shit he fucked up.
>>
File: fuck.gif (260 KB, 512x251) Image search: [Google]
fuck.gif
260 KB, 512x251
>>337396997
How the fuck is Greatwood anything like a Demon Souls boss? Same with Wolnir.
>>
>>337397119
I want them to create new strategic fights, not reuse ideas from 7 years ago.
>>
>>337372831
>Dragonslayer armour, soul of cinder, abyss watchers and yhorm just feel like giant fucking invaders

Hacking invaders maybe
>>
>>337397237
> instead of being an empty husk who outlived his/her prime

But it`s their point. Especially in DaS3.
>>
>>337397248
He uses an incredibly loose justification that because they both have weak points, adjudicator and greatwood are "effectively the same 0/10 rehash would not buy" when the fights are so very different in almost every sense.
>>
>>337397374
Yeah, still, I miss it.

Also, Aldrich was so dissappointing design wise. I hunted him down from Cathedral to Anor Londo and all I got was an edgier Gwyndolin. I was really excited to see how they'd handle a fight with a giant mass of shit.
>>
>>337397675
Aldrich was really lame. He even hadn`t cutscene or decent performance (Pontiff hasn`t cutscene too, but it`s very fascinating, how he lights his swords).
He and Yhorm on the opposite sides of spectre. Yhorm with Onion bro is one the most cinematic boss in series, but gameplay-wise it`s shitty gimmick. Aldrich has some interesting mechanics, but boring in terms of design/atmosphere.
>>
>>337397237
>bosses felt like serious active people who could wreck shit up
Dude, in DeS you were fighting like literal pieces of shits and crazed monsters all the way to the final boss.

False King is probably the only one that fits your description. And even he wasn't actually human.
>>
>>337374389

That's the one thing that bothers me. everything is just fucking cosplay.
>>
>>337378963

>that bullshit kick, uppercut and shoulder push
>>
>>337384453

And that's all you need, it's possible to kill him with that single riposte.
>>
File: 1462199785893.gif (496 KB, 304x253) Image search: [Google]
1462199785893.gif
496 KB, 304x253
>>337392074
I think you just dislike arenas and BIG GUYS.
>>
>>337398665
By people I dont mean humans exclusively
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.