[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God of War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: atlas.jpg (385 KB, 1280x753) Image search: [Google]
atlas.jpg
385 KB, 1280x753
This is a PS2 game.
>>
This company always pushed the hardware unlike any other
>>
File: somotherfuckinggood.png (200 KB, 393x403) Image search: [Google]
somotherfuckinggood.png
200 KB, 393x403
>>337360576
>tfw Michael isn't around anymore
>>
There's a reason that the visually impressive shots always have a fixed camera angle, it's because they're literally only rendering exactly what's on screen at that specific point, it's basically a diorama. Everything outside of the camera does not exist. It's a ridiculous level of optimization.
>>
>David GaffJaff is a hardcore SJW now

Berenstain universe is so cruel.
>>
>>337360687
Santa Monica is as good as dead nowadays and Jaffe is making some shitty shooter MP-only game.
>>
>>337360576
>DUN DU-DUN DUDUDUN
>>
>>337361483
yeah in those early games they were fixed camera angles like an old RE game.
still they were good games
>>
>>337361483
>literally only rendering exactly what's on screen at that specific point

That's what rendering is.

Do you mean that there are no polygons for stuff you can't see (like the other half of the face)? That's probably more true, but the whole area is still being rendered in real time, so it's an impressive achievement.
>>
>>337361483
>>337362009

Oh actually I just realized, I/you are wrong. The whole level is open with no loading, and you do visit the other side of his face.

So the whole area actually exists and the fixed camera only has a marginal performance benefit. It's incredibly impressive.
>>
>>337360576
>I swear this is not real life.jpg
>>
I miss god of war. 3 was such a fantastic finale for the story
>>
>>337362346
Amazing considering the PS2 only had 4MB of video ram (the main RAM could store graphics but it couldn't be rendered on screen, only what was in the 4MB could; and even then that had to accommodate the frame buffer, meshes etc.) so developers had to write code to stream data effectively between the two. It took ages to write effectively though, remember when all early PS2 games had horrendous load times?
>>
>>337361582
i keked, i jejed, and i leled.

the trifecta.
>>
>>337362346
occlusion culling i think it is called. If you can't see it it isn't being rendered(despite there being information for it). has nothing to do with loading times.
>>
There has never been a bad God of War game.
>>
>>337365096
wut?
god of war ascension was bad.
>>
>>337365096
ascension was really fucking bad. Camera kept swinging about so much you couldnt see shit.

Only the first two are great. 3 is ok. The rest are fairly missible.
>>
>>337360576

The most impressive thing to me at the time was the pre-loading tech they used to keep loading times generally below a second or two.
>>
>>337361598
>david jaffe became a SJW
sad how the mighty have fallen.

twisted metal series and god of war were pretty good game series.
>>
>>337365504
>>337365330
>ascension
what? I've never heard of this one. It's for ps3?
>>
File: 1352648695482.gif (283 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1352648695482.gif
283 KB, 480x270
>>337360576
>fully modeled chain links
>>
>>337366438
Good job kissing God of War ass and not even know how many games there are. But yes, Ascension was the only truly bad game in the series.
>>
>>337365504
i thought what they did with the kill minigames was pretty cool. helped break the monotony of just doing the qtes.
>>
>>337367086
They have to be due to the size.
>>
>>337365805
>>337361582

I'm scared to ask but how has he fallen towards an SJW?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.