[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right? Is Nintendo trying to appeal to a wider audience?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: tokyo.png (40 KB, 1599x302) Image search: [Google]
tokyo.png
40 KB, 1599x302
Is he right?

Is Nintendo trying to appeal to a wider audience?
>>
Nintendo is appealing to ANY audience at this point.
>>
He's right, but he also says that it's a wrong move for TMS.
>>
>>337360151
It's a load of bullshit, people like him always find each other and pretend they all "understand it" better and validate each other fanfic with anecdote like "muh dad" or "that one article from 1998 in mom magazine"
>>
>neofag
>>
File: huffpost.png (210 KB, 1000x902) Image search: [Google]
huffpost.png
210 KB, 1000x902
Well it's not fucking working.

See also: Linkle
>>
Sales tell everything.

Nintendo audience decline is not going to stop censoring some niche games.

If anything more people is growing tired of Nintendo decisions.
>>
Nintendo is not marketing this game to anyone
They cut out the shit weebs like and have tried to piss them off and they made the game japanese as fuck ruining any chances of western gamers who normally play on PS4 or Xbox care
>>
Why do people bitch about pandering? Pandering kicks ass. It's like if you go to a restaurant often and the chef knows you and he makes your usual with extra anime tiddies and you don't have to say a word.
>>
>>337361765
Because you like pasta and they hate it, so when a restaurant drops their other dishes to specialize in pasta, they will complain.
>>
>>337361765
Everybody wants every game to pander to them.

In a lot of cases, you can make a game for everybody to enjoy. But when it comes to weeb games, you can't please both the weebs and the SJWs. They are in mutually exclusive camps. So you've got to pick one, and Nintendo picked the SJWs.

The thing is, they don't fucking play games, so games like this are going to bomb.
>>
>>337360151
Nintendo can try to appeal to a wider audience, but censoring the game isn't going to make 13 year old Timmy decide to buy it because it wasn't christian enough for him.

All they're doing is pissing off the people that actually ARE going to buy the game.

It was the same during that time period where NISA released Criminal Girls and they were censoring all of their games. They were trying to "appeal to a wider audience" when in reality they were hurting themselves because they were releasing a fanservice game and then censoring the game, thus alienating the fans that were actually going to buy the game just to appeal to an audience that wasn't going look at it either way.

Most people that complain about a game having fan-service likely wouldn't buy the game anyway.
>>
Should anyone care about an opinion from Neogaf?

What the fuck is wrong with you, browsing until you find something to screencap and post here? Is there really nothing better for you to do?
>>
>>337362797
>Is there really nothing better for you to do?
Where do you think you are right now?
>>
NoA has been taken over by millennial sjw, there is no business reason.
>>
I can't wait to see what Nintendo has to say when this shit bombs like "I guess America doesn't want anime games anymore guuuyys hehehe woops"
>>
>>337360151

isn't that the guy that manages HG101? i guess at this point i shouldn't be surprise they talk more about shitty indie games and have article with trigger warnings in them than actual research about old retro games
>>
>>337360151
Why the fuck would a "wider audience" buy a fan service game that's a crossover of two titles full of fanservice?
>>
>>337364113
The question is never why since they never ask themselves that, but always "how" they can do that.
>>
No one outside of niche faggots who love idol shit will ever buy this game. Just pander to them Nintendo you fucking retards.
>>
>>337364113
>crossover
What crossover?
>>
>>337361765
To continue with food analogies.
You were expecting a pizza with your favorite toppings but the delivery person decided to "fix" your order. All they had to do was deliver the pizza but they changed the meat to tofu and removed some toppings all together. The pizza still has tomato and cheese but it isn't the same.
>>
>>337364583
SMT x Fire Emblem.
>>
>>337365339
I'm not seeing a crossover of any sort, anon.
>>
>>337365632
Well it was announced as SMT X Fire Emblem so I don't know what to tell you other than google this shit if you don't believe me.
>>
File: 1438140482627.jpg (462 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1438140482627.jpg
462 KB, 1920x1200
>>337360151
Just fuck off and make an account at Neogaf if you want to discuss their posts and stop posting their shit here
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.