[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 Poise Working as Intended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (721 KB, 658x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
721 KB, 658x1080
Fresh from the shithole that is Rock, Paper, Shotgun,
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/12/dark-souls-3-poise-not-bugged/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rockpapershotgun%2Fsteam+%28Rock%2C+Paper%2C+Shotgun%3A+Steam+RSS%29

Poise confirmed "almost useless."
>>
>>337353317
It's better this way.
>>
Pastebin you fucking idiot.
>>
>>337353530
Clicking them 100 times just cuz you a whiny bitch :^)
>>
>>337353530
just read the text in the fucking picture
>>
>>337353530
Why? This works fine
>>
>>337353317
As in not working at all? There's pretty much no reason to wear heavy armour anymore.
>>
File: Untitled.png (48 KB, 664x286) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
48 KB, 664x286
>>337353530
That's almost the entire post.
Paragraph is a shitty "intro" about you being a drunkard and wanting to smash a bottle over the Dev's face.
Last bit.
>>
It was obviously changed last minute.

The stat does nothing, weapons have hyper-armour and equip load determined some stuff like roll recovery and shit. Poise does nothing, it's just a number on your stat screen. There are items in the game that are useless and descriptions that outright lie.

If they wanted a poiseless game, why not just remove every mention of the stat? DeS and BB didn't have it, DaS3 missing it would have been met with some critism but much less than pretending to have it.
>>
You god damn fucking shitters. Holy shit. The poise system in this game is much closer to ds2 system than ds1 but still different in that poise only has an affect on your attacks and not when your standing still doing nothing. In other words hyper armor and poise work in concert (like ds2) but has no affect if you're not attacking (unlike ds1). If you wanna be an unstoppable god In pvp stack heavy armor and 2h a great weapon. I don't even have to fucking roll anymore. I purposely summon straight sword/katana/estoc shitters and laugh in their face as their r1 to win strategy makes them eat shit. I win everytime as I poise through their bullshit r1 spam and utterly destroy them. Because my POISE strengthens my hyper armor to the point of complete unbreakibility.
>>
I just start using Vordt's great hammer and they fix poise
I wanted to e the only one
>>
Honestly poise just isn't the same for receiving damage, but its still pretty god damn similiar when hitting monsters. I stopped using my warden's twinblades since just 2handing an axe was staggering almost every hit.
>>
>>337354291
like you said, last minute change.
I'd wager they didn't have the time or resources to fine comb out all references and info about poise from every weapon, item description and remove/edit the items that just help with poise. Also scripting can get stupid and doing something like removing/hiding the poise stat could have cause bugs or crashes.

Im not really sure why they turn it off. High poise builds would be somewhat slow and easy to circle around and poke to death. As it stands a high armor builds will just get you killed now.
>>
File: 1462575565268.jpg (14 KB, 620x360) Image search: [Google]
1462575565268.jpg
14 KB, 620x360
>>337354607
Once you get the timing and distance right, the great hammers absolutely destroy bosses because you can both stagger them and knock them back
>that feel when me and a phantom used Morne's and Smough's great hammers and played wiffle ball with Oceiros and he never got to fight back.
>>
>>337353317
>soulsers
>>
>>337354326
Do you have a source to back this up, because currently you're just speaking out your ass. There have been plenty of people who have extensively tested this and found that poise does not affect hyper armor. People HAVE found that having heavier equip load kind of has a poise-like effect in letting you roll away without getting staggered, but not related to the poise stat at all.
>>
Are autosummon covenants not bringing in fucking anyone except for the same three people working as intended as well? What about the awful framerate and stuttering/hang ups? What about the anti-cheating system that softbans victims of cheating instead of the actual cheaters?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.