[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gigantic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 420x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 420x262
How are people feeling about gigantic going with Perfect World
Also core ama
nothing NDA
>>
>>337348831

Gigantic as in the windows 10 only game?

What, did Microsofts funding run out or something? Will we be able to play it on OS other than Windows 10 now?
>>
>>337348831

What is Gigantic, what is Perfect World, and why should I give a shit?
>>
>>337348918
Gigantic will be moving all OSs
There will also be a server for xbone win10 (Xbox server)or the arc server
>>337349012
Gigantic is a third person hero Moba
For each side the base is a giant monster there will be no lanes in a league sense and no farming
Super fast game play
>>
>>337349429

Stopped reading at Moba.
Fuck off and take your AIDS with you.
>>
File: sp.png (368 KB, 500x426) Image search: [Google]
sp.png
368 KB, 500x426
>>337349012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPce80v6UHc

The latest trailer. Also what >>337349429
said.

No farming, it's pretty much entirely objective based where "Capturing" a point by summoning a monster fills up a gauge faster. You gain levels from killing, capturing points and killing the enemy monsters protecting the points. You can also choose what monster to summon and they give different buffs in a wide area. It's not really a traditional MOBA.

I found it fun personally when I tried it on Beta but the involvement of Perfect World can be, though last I was involved with it, the plan was to have all heroes be free and the game is free to play as well. Income would come from skins and shit.

Might change perhaps though, who knows.

Also, not many waifus compared to Overwatch, which is probably partly why it's so unheard of. I still find the character designs to be good and enjoyable though.
>>
>>337349772
The devs have complete control over what will be sold and what is free
Also I don't know of any plans to have the heros free; it would be you play some matches and you can unlock them for good
>>
>>337349772
Also, forgot to mention, the gauge you fill up is for having your Guardian attack the other, which then allows you a brief moment of time to hurt it. You win the game by defeating the enemy guardian.

Also you can sneak in and steal energy from the enemy guardian. Leveling skills is also different in that your abilities doesn't get more "Powerful" in the traditional sense when you use a skillpoint into an ability. Instead you get to choose two options for each ability, each having different effects. For example, you could choose to have a debuff add a dot and other shit or have it lower defence, increase something else and yada yada. Can put two skill points into each skill and each branch has two more options.

You also get to choose a passive at certain levels, such as gain more health, do more damage or something else.

>>337350072
I see, I might remember it wrong, it's been ages since I last played it. I think the game has promise but it also has a big possibility of falling flat due to a lack of players. Good thing they didn't release at the same time as Overwatch at least.
>>
If i can log in trough steam without creating any account shit i might try it.
>>
This is great news. I was very interested in this game and even registered for a closed beta but lost all interest when they made the Win10 only deal.
>>
>>337350383
No you will not be able to login with your steam account
I don't see that ever being a thing but I do see the game coming to steam
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.