[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
XCOM 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13
File: maxresdefault.jpg (343 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
343 KB, 1920x1080
So the new DLC and the mystical 2nd patch is supposed to come out today.

Who's....excited?
>>
Oh shit its actually still installed.
Haven't played since february, no interest whatsoever in checking out the patch as i'm done with the game.
>DLC
no
>>
>>337343182
I'd be excited if the game didn't run like absolute fucking garbage
I spent 3 hours trying to get it to work, so I couldn't refund this fucking turd
>>
>>337343349
This patch is supposed to improve performance
>>
>>337343182
thanks for the news, going to download it
>>
>over 200 hours clocked
>haven't touched it in over a month
I'm burned out, desu. What's this DLC supposed to be? Another meme cosmetic pack?
>>
>>337343349
Actually you can still give refunding a go if there's a good enough reason.

In X-com 2's case there certainly is.
>>
>>337343182
Not excited exactly. I have the season pass.

I player 150 hours a couple of months ago and i ready to jump back in. I am sure it will be cool. Just not expecting much.
>>
File: 4443.jpg (260 KB, 533x698) Image search: [Google]
4443.jpg
260 KB, 533x698
dead game
>>
>>337343182
xcom 2 is shit and no amount of mods can fix it
>new DLC
oh boy more edgy outfits
>>
>>337343691
I've tried 4 times, steam declined it automatically no matter how long of an essay i write
>>
>>337343951
Bugger. Sorry to hear that.

I'm going to wait until an Enemy Within style expansion happens.
>>
>>337343838
nice bait familia
>>
I failed the main campaign like 5 times since the game came out, never finishe dit once
What are the new dlcs about?
>>
File: 391039190133.jpg (14 KB, 804x446) Image search: [Google]
391039190133.jpg
14 KB, 804x446
>>337344029
spouting memes is not an argument
>>
>>337343182
Eh, I've tried to play through X-Com 2 on several occasions and it seems no matter what tech tree I focus on or what strategy I take in the beginning, by mid-game the aliens are totally overpowering me, which starts a cascade of dark events that make recovery seem totally impossible.

I tried rushing weapons and armor and I didn't have enough power or relay spots to get to missions and my supplies were too low to continue upgrading, I spent months building out a relay and power station and by then I was way behind in tech

I tried building relays and spreading out first and somehow I ran out of fucking advent corpses so I can't make a lot of the good weapons, plus I've got no elerium

I tried rushing psy ops and things just did not go well.
>>
>>337344550
So it has a different pace to X-com wherein you get past the mid point and it's a little easier, critical hits into account and all?
>>
File: 1457491939422.jpg (1 MB, 3133x3248) Image search: [Google]
1457491939422.jpg
1 MB, 3133x3248
I played through it on Commander difficulty last week.
I like the game, but I'm not gonna start a new game because of some new DLC. I probably won't touch it again until it's gotten some major expansion.
>>
>>337344550

Flashbangs.
>>
>>337345064
>flashbang a group of enemies
>2 of them hit my exo-suited ranger
>one of the hits is a crit
>she's dead
The RNG in this game can suck my balls.
>>
WE
>>
File: 63890_archonKingHeader_yyz505.jpg (454 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
63890_archonKingHeader_yyz505.jpg
454 KB, 1920x1080
WUZ
>>
ALIENS
>>
File: 63890_archonKingHeader_yyz505.jpg (387 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
63890_archonKingHeader_yyz505.jpg
387 KB, 1920x1080
>>337344123

The theme of the new DLC is alien hunting.

After completing each mission, there is a chance that one of three "boss" type aliens will show up and proceed to kick your squad's ass.

These boss aliens can always escape if you are too inefficient and live to fight you again another day.

Killing these aliens gets you special bonus loot.

>The Archon King
>Devastate, an upgraded version of Blazing Pinions that can disorient, stun, and/or knock unconscious each target
>Icarus Drop, a direct attack that allows the Archon King to fly to a target, lift them straight up into the air then slam them into the ground on the next action
>Huge amount of health that will take multiple engagements to deplete
>Will summon a portal to flee battle after devastating your soldiers or being chased off
>Stalks your soldiers across multiple missions
>Rulers take a turn after every soldier action
>>
>>337345297
nope
that's not female
not interested
>>
>>337345512
Im terrible at dealing with normal aliens, how the fuck am I supposed to deal with stronger versions? Fuck this, I hoped for some decent cosmetic stuff
>>
>>337345512

>a narrative-driven mission
>new weapons and armor
>a new “Hunter’s Lodge” update to the Avenger’s Armory
>three new “Ruler” alien units to combat

>New one-of-a-kind weapons
>Bolt Caster, a high damage single-shot weapon
>Hunter’s Axe, a powerful new blade weapon that can be thrown at enemies or used to dispatch foes at close range
>ShadowKeeper pistol, which has the Shadowfall ability that is guaranteed to hit and will place its user in concealment if the enemy is killed
>Frost Bomb grenade, which is able to temporarily freeze targets.

Each of these weapons is a prototype, so if a soldier equipping any of these weapons falls in battle, be sure to physically carry them to the Skyranger or else you’ll lose the weapons forever

>New Armor
>Each armor set is created from the corpse of a Ruler alien, and provides unique tactical abilities for the wearer. Each unique armor set also strikes fear into the subordinate alien caste. For example, the Icarus Suit is outfitted with powerful boosters that allow its wearer to fly around the map for maximum mobility.
>>
>>337345512
Oh God, what an asshole
>>
>>337345621
You are pretty pathetic. It's funny that you hold sexuality in such high regard yet you will never have sex.
>>
>>337346062
Don't try and look down on pathetic faggots like him, they'll just deflect and be annoying losers about it.
>>
Sounds dope. I'll probably wait though. I am trying to resist playing since I beat it to come back and beat it again with all the new content.

So far they are doing great with releasing all this shit. Is this the Paid DLC?
>>
>>337344550
You seriously need to get good. It actually gets easier once you get past the early game.

If you find this not to be the case, then you're playing wrong a fundamental level.
>>
>>337343182
Playing my Ironman Commander mode, What happens when the avatar project hits 0 days? I cant make it to the facility
>>
>>337347859
You mean the bar went full and you triggered the countdown? If that goes down, it's game over.
>>
>>337347638
How about you give him some pointers on how to get good then you arrogant piece of shit.
>>
>>337345463
I thought Beserkers were just roided out smash machines that get prodded in the general direction of the enemy and let off the leash? How do they even have a 'ruler'?
>>
>>337345463
>Berserker
>Queen
Oh dear
>>
>>337348253
Focus on guaranteeing enemies won't be able to take a single shot at you. Offense really is the best defence. This is part of why the early game is more nebulous, you don't have the equipment, options, or accuracy to ensure that a lot of the time.

Also learn about the pod system so you can engage encounters on your own terms, and what abilities/items/structures/etc. are most useful.
>>
>>337345512
That actually sounds fun.
And also infuriating.
I bought the season pass since I adored XCOM but haven't touched it since I completed the game once. Might start it up again for this.
>>
>>337348873
Much like the orks.
The biggest one is in charge.
Even if in charge just means being the biggest.
>>
>>337348873
>>337349272
It could also be the queen in the same way a queen bee is.
>>
>>337349272
Where's the mecs and shivs?
>>
>>337345297
>>337345401
>>337345463
Good god, those look terrible.

>>337345512
I fear this will turn any confrontation with them into a game of baiting.
>>
>>337349403
Probably coming with Shen's last gift later this summer.
>>
>>337344308
>dude, no fair! u need to write an essay to counter my opinion i just shat out!
I love it when shitposters do this
>>
>>337345297
Why a male viper?
>>
>>337345512
>alien hurting

Fucking spongebob.
>>
>>337345512

>Berserker Queen
>Quake, an area-of-effect attack that can disorient, stun and/or disable targets
>Faithbreaker, a mass panic attack where any wounded target caught within must make a panic check
>Will summon a portal to flee battle after devastating your soldiers or being chased off
>Rulers take a turn after every solder action

Devs: “A Berserker isn’t complicated. She’s powerful and runs right at you.”
>>
>>337345463
Bane?
>>
After you realize that game is mostly filler content it gets kinda boring, honestly I forgot I even owned it. You can squeeze a little more playtime if you mod the godawful timers out but honestly it just fell flat for me. Shame too because I loved EU and I did enjoy the first 10 or so hours of this.
>>
>>337350245
>You can squeeze a little more playtime if you mod the godawful timers out
Opinion disregarded. The timers shouldn't effect your gameplay at all. If they do, you suck. The only timer that you should ever even get close to failing are the VIP missions, and those should be timed.
>>
>>337348058
fug, I was hoping theres a mission I can do to delay them just a tad bit
>>
>>337350395
I can play fine with them, but they took away the fun for me. I liked taking it slow and positioning people perfectly in EU.
It's really more of a personal preference but I thought they were a little overdone.
>>
>>337345463
>>337350110
Those wrist things look so stupid I thought this was a workshop mod at first.
>>337350429
>delay
That is the timer.
>>
>>337350110

>Viper King
>Choke, an upgraded version of the Bind ability that deals more damage and has a chance to knock the target unconscious
>Freezing Breath, a deadly area-of-effect attack that can freeze multiple targets simultaneously
>>
>>337350560
>I like blue moving and overwatching every soldier every turn.
>>
>>337350586
Yeah but The nearest facility I need to wait for my resistance coms to finish building, and make contact

I think im off by 1 day
>>
>>337350919
Yeah, the way x-ccom is meant to be played.
>>
File: 1456525643682.jpg (171 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1456525643682.jpg
171 KB, 640x640
>>337351521
>It thinks it can decide "how the game is meant to be played"
>>
>>337351647
I think I know how the game works better than the so called "developers" thank you so very much.
>>
File: 1453398507247.png (296 KB, 649x649) Image search: [Google]
1453398507247.png
296 KB, 649x649
>everylevel has those huge fucking robots that can shoot you from half the map
>hack always fails
>>
>>337351753
I do often wonder if developed have ever actually tried playing their games or getting people to do so .

They'd certainly have someone question the RNG.
>>
>>337352073
They no doubt had people ask about a lot of decisions and the answer was no doubt a hooted "dats xcom baby" and no actual answers.
>>
>>337345291
I actually raged and installed fairRNG mod few minutes after launching the game

I always thought game rolls should be normal distribution
>>
>>337349125
I'm not having trouble with in-mission tactics, anon, I'm having trouble with tech trees.

If I focus on making sure I have a power station and a relay so I can get enough supplies for the mid-game I don't have tier-2 armor or skulljack or even some of the mag weapons before mid-game when you need all of that shit.

If I focus straight on weapons or armor I get stuck in one area of the globe while all the avatar missions spawn in places I can't reach, I spend months getting to one, and by the time I do I'm behind in tech again.
>>
>>337352220
I wonder the same thing with Fallout 4's construction system

"Guys, this is not intuitive at all and if you're going to make it a focus of part of the game..."

Wait, that involves hiring QA.

I used the save scum advanced setting to test out the RNG. 80% shot, 4 squares away, basic rifle. missed 7 times.
>>
>>337352530
you start with enough power for a relay I think, mb rush it ?
>>
>>337352851
I could do that, but then I'd be stuck without a tactics school or proving ground for ages
>>
>>337352642
>I used the save scum advanced setting to test out the RNG. 80% shot, 4 squares away, basic rifle. missed 7 times.
At any given point, the game has already 'rolled' for the next 'random' action that will occur, specifically to prevent people from just reloading every time they miss. When you reload a save, you also reload that stored roll, and the next 'random' action will use it. If you repeatedly reload and take the same shot (or do the same hack), without doing anything else, it will use that saved roll, and you will get the same result. The game also cheats in your favour with the RNG
>>
File: Xcom_Hardcore_mode.png (2 MB, 1766x760) Image search: [Google]
Xcom_Hardcore_mode.png
2 MB, 1766x760
when's it dropping
my body is ready
>>
>>337353739
Hopefully in the next two hours or so, though it might be four.
>>
>>337353403
>I used the save scum advanced setting
you can't into reading I think

My problem with the RNG is that sure shot aren't sure enough, and low percentage shot can wreck too often, by law of statistics
normal distrib fix my problem.
>>
>>337353935
>guy who doesn't know english tells me I can't read
Amazing
>>
>>337354531
>a foreigner with broken english have more reading comprehension than you
shit, even more worrying
>>
>>337354531
He might have been talking about x-com one which had the option to turn off the "saved" action and force the RNG to do rerolls on a new random seed when you re-roll.
>>
>>337355113
>when you re-roll.
When you reload. It was one of the options in the second wave toggle list iirc.
>>
>>337352530
Here is what you need to do. First, take rapid construction for your base, so when you are at base, everything gets cut in half. Then you are going to want to try to get as many engis as you can. Yes this is completely random and sucks, but you are going to have to deal with it.

My last run, I got five before I even opened up any other areas.

If you were unlucky with power placement, just put it on the top floor and switch it out later.

Once you have four engis, focus on sci to bring those days down and rush Mag, ignore everything else. Hope the black market has the rush mag shit. After that, it's all smooth sailing.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.