[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overrated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: thinkhard_1.jpg (171 KB, 600x786) Image search: [Google]
thinkhard_1.jpg
171 KB, 600x786
What is the most overrated franchise of the last 10 years?
>>
Critically?
Uncharted

On /v/?
Bayonetta
>>
CoD
>>
Assassin's Creed

Literally none of the games were good. And the few that were decent were made worse by the "classic" Assassin's Creed bullshit.
>>
>>337337365
Nintendo
>>
Uncharted. Nothing else comes close.

And I hate saying that because it always results in getting lacked as an anti-conservatists shitposter but the games really are worthy of every negative stereotype they recieve. There is next to no game in any of these "games".
>>
>>337337365
All of them.
>>
File: 1438144559354.jpg (17 KB, 349x320) Image search: [Google]
1438144559354.jpg
17 KB, 349x320
>>337337365
>overrated
>I didn't like it as much as everyone else, my opinion is clearly the objective one
>>
The Witcher
>>
Pretty much any game franchise that has furthered this cancerous degradation the industry has been falling into where every game has to be narrative based with great graphics and cutscenes and dialogue wheel or "choice" options while the gameplay becomes stagnant and samey, offering little to no replay value.
>>
souls
>>
>>337337541
Oh fuck off

Its overrated as shit but
>There is next to no game in any of these "games".
is just a dumb meme
>>
Uncharted

Unless we are talking about /v/ specifically, in which case if say either the witcher or souls.
>>
>>337337541
They're nice moviegames though.
>>
>>337337365
>post things you don't like thread
>>
>>337337365

Cuck-a-Doodie
>>
Dark Souls
Uncharted
>>
Kirby
>>
Anything made by Team Meat
>>
Duh, souls franchise obviously
>>
File: Bayonetto.jpg (140 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetto.jpg
140 KB, 800x600
Easy mode: Call of Duty

Normal mode: Dark Souls

Hard mode: DMC
>>
>>337337365
Uncharted come to mind

But a lot of generic western shit always manages to become overrated in some way through.
>>
>>337337787
Except it's true. There's barely any control in Uncharted, and the actual gunplay is horse shit. They are utter trash that don't deserve even 8s as far as the gameplay is concerned.
>>
>>337337365
Uncharted
>>
The most overrated stand alone game has been The Last of Us.

The most overrated series has been The Witcher games.
>>
>>337337365
The Witcher.
The first game was really bad, the second one is a 6/10, and TW3 is just...
I don't know, I don't find it engaging.
With all the praise, I thought I would find something much better, but not a single one of these games managed to make me stick with it.
I dropped TW1, and had to force myself to finish TW2.
I dropped TW3 after 15 hours or so.
>>
>>337338689
>I don't know, I don't find it engaging.
And this is your reason for calling it overrated? I don't like the Witcher games myself (being a purist fan of the novels), but at least you could name some legitimate problems, instead of resorting to "meh, I found it boring, 0/10." The fuck are you, a Polygon employee?
>>
File: Fart Souls and Buttborne.jpg (373 KB, 1686x822) Image search: [Google]
Fart Souls and Buttborne.jpg
373 KB, 1686x822
>>337337365
People treat this pile of shit like a religion.
>>
>>337338831
Why would I put more work into a random post in /v/ than a polygon journalist who gets paid for it?
>>
>>337338868
For shitters on Youtube it pretty much is a way of life.
>>
>>337338891
I would hardly say "performs like shit despite my PC being near recommended specs" or "game world is empty despite it being marketed otherwise" require a lot of effort.
>>
>>337338891
Why don't you kill yourself? You don't get paid to live.
>>
>>337339019
Because I value my life more than making a post in /v/
>>
File: uncharted-trilogy-nathan-drake.png (1 MB, 1200x700) Image search: [Google]
uncharted-trilogy-nathan-drake.png
1 MB, 1200x700
>>337337787
Not him but I have only played the first 2 uncharted games and Golden Abyss. I don't have the stomach for any more, so unless 3 radically improves from a movie to a game, I have no intention of playing it.

There are 4 parts to an uncharted game, at least the 3 I've played.

1. Holding the stick forward and occasionally pressing a button to "climb" from one spot to another or activate a quick time event.

2. "Puzzles" which have literally only one method of being solved or navigated and thus provide no real challenge omexcept to stop the game. Seriously, these puzzles have no point. The game tells you how to solve them, there's only one way to solve them, and you can't move past them until you solve them. It's literally just filler.

3. Overly mundane cover based shooter segments with no innovation or challenge whatsoever. Peak out, shoot, recover health, and occasionally throw back a grenade. It's not fun, it's not difficult, but they do go on forever. Apparently Drake is a master of arms ex commando because he kills literally 50 people every 30 minutes and acts casual about it.

4. Watching cutscenes.

Maybe it's not the game that's flawed. Maybe it's me. I'm 25 and perhaps I'm just living in the past. I grew up in an era where games were about challenge and clever level design. If you failed, you could try things DIFFERENTLY, not just repeat the same approach until yo u got the prompt correctly. A game's merit was determined by its replayability and tight controls, not just "Muh story", and if there was a story, it was told cleverly through the gameplay experience, not in scripted action sequences and cutscenes.
>>
All of them.
>>
Metroid Prime is underrated as fuck

wished it got love
>>
>>337339058
>Values his life
>shitposts on /v/
It seems ironic.
>>
>>337338553
You have full control 90% of the time with shorycuts scenes and QTEs in between

The problem is it's a bland easy tps with easy puzzles thrown in
>>
>>337339175
Just because you don't value yours and you post here doesn't mean other people can't value their life.
>>
>>337339232
Nice strawman. Maybe that way you should feel fine about not killing yourself for not trying to make a good post on a mongolian image board.
>>
>>337339378
So you reached the conclusion that I want to kill myself because I didn't bother to explain in detail why I don't like TW3?
>>
>>337337365
The Last of Us
Bioshock Infinite
Uncharted
>>
>>337339443
Yes.

Why are you still alive?
>>
>>337339540
I have things to do before that.
>>
>>337339019
>insult the witcher games
>get told to kill self

Such a cancerous fanbase. Can't handle any criticism.
>>
>>337339527
>The Last of Us
>Bioshock Infinite
anon I agree but OP said franchise
>>
>>337339596
That's what you get for replying to shitposts instead of reasonable posters (i.e. me).
>>
>>337337365
The Last Of Us. EVERYONE sucked it's dick when it came out and they continue to do so. It was just uncharted with less action, horrible stealth, and unoriginal narrative forced upon you for the "emotional impact". It set the precedent for story over gameplay and made a lot of subsequent AAA titles shit.
>>
>>337337365
Dark Souls
>>
>>337337365
Your favorite game
>>
>>337339724
>EVERYONE sucked it's dick
How long have you been on /v/?
>>
>>337339724
This.
The multiplayer is okay, different from others, but the singleplayer was really average.
Played it on PS4, it looked okay, I guess it looked really good for the PS3.
>>
>>337339596
>get told to kill self
>doesn't kill self

you are a horrible person.
>>
>>337337650
How else would you define overrated as in a medium which is completely subjective?
>>
>>337339068
3 contains possibly the least amount of actual gameplay up to that point (haven't played 4) so you're definitely missing nothing. Pretty, but devoid of much real content.
>>
>>337339945
What is this? Spec Ops: the Line?
>>
>>337340086
Do you want everyone to write "in my humble opinion" in every post
>>
>>337339068
Best post
>>
>>337340090
So it's the Halo 3 of the Uncharted series then?
>>
>>337340236
Not quite because it doesn't have a massive amount of new fans that poured into the series at that point and claim it's the best one.
>>
>>337340206
Not really since that is implied, but dont dodge the question. overrated is still used completely in a subjective manner because its rating something that is also subjectively enjoyable.
In more physical scenarios, overrated can be useed accordingly, for example "x bike is overrated, I like y bike more because it offers z for a lower cost" etc etc
>>
>>337337365
Souls games.
>>
>Everyone saying uncharted

Maybe gameplay wise, but whatever graphical magic Naughty Dog is able to do with their games is far from Overrated.

If the Playstation NEO is everything its cracked up to be, I cant even fathom what ND could do with it.
>>
>>337337416
/thread
>>
>>337338868
it wouldnt be so bad if other companies made some decent games. The last 3 games weren't even that good, but with everything else being shit by comparison you don't really have many choices.

If its any consolation the series has run its coarse and it should be over now.
>>
>>337342257
>Giraffes of Us 2 NEO exclusive
>>
Soulsborne

People pretend to enjoy them for the bragging rights of having beaten le ebin difficult gaem
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.