[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>buy mgs legacy edition because it's on sale >play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
>buy mgs legacy edition because it's on sale
>play every solid game up to peace Walker
>buy mgsv because it's on sale
>skip peace Walker because it's a PSP game and just Google the story
>finish mgsv tonight
>realize how much of a disappointment this series ended off on
>realize I shouldn't of skipped peace Walker for this

Why didn't you guys spoil this one for me to save me the pain you faggots
>>
If you liked MGS1 go play the MSX games and Ghost Babel.
>>
>>337337007
>Skipping one of the best games in the series barring MGS4

You brought this upon yourself
>>
>>337337138
PW is a mess.
>>
>>337337138
I didn't know it was the best though, I avoided internet discussions about anything video game related for two months because of this.
>>
>>337337261
It's not the best. It has its merits, but the core gameplay is a disaster.
>>
>>337337007
Peace Walker is the exact same game but worse fyi
>>
>>337337261
That's what you get for being a hipster and not joining the crowd.
>>
>>337337007
Peacewalker wasn't really that good. It's a portable game and it shows.
>>
>>337337424
>no riding horse for five minutes to mission simulator
>worse
>>
>>337338760
Being a portable game doesn't excuse shit design. Ghost Babel's on the GBC and it kicks ass.
>>
>>337337007
the series technically ends with 4 . 5PP is a prequel to 4. 5 rising isnt official cannon i dont think. konami didnt even make it they just hold the rights and acted as publisher

portable ops and peace walker continue on 3s story which is a prequel to everything

and technically you would need to at least google the original metal gear games story to get everything since the solid series picks up after those so its a chunk of the plot
>>
>>337339015
MGS referenced MG2 so frequently and thoroughly that it's fairly easy to understand what happened in the MSX games without playing though. There's also the summaries included.

MG2 should be played anyway because it's excellent.
>>
>>337339015
>rising isn't official canon
>>
>>337339394
I think he's referring to Kojima clearly not giving a fuck about it. Like Portable Ops.
>>
>>337337007
So you missed the daily
>WAHGH WAHH WHY DOES MGSV SUCK SO MUCH
we have had for 8 months already, you retarded fuck?
>>
>>337337007

> shouldn't of
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.