[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about Sly Cooper?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (825 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.png
825 KB, 1200x1200
What do you think about Sly Cooper?
>>
I wish they'd release a ps4 collection of the games because they were pretty damn fun.

Remaster or Spyro and Crash too while we're at it.
>>
1 & 2 were great.

3 was decent.

4 was shit.

If they make a fifth, I won't buy it unless they bring back a storyline with clockwerk.
>>
I think R&C3 = SC2 > J&D = SC3 > R&C2 = SC1 > R&C >> J3 > J2
>>
File: brothertobrother.gif (800 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
brothertobrother.gif
800 KB, 220x220
>>337337179
About all there is to it, really.
If 3 hadn't had the bit about Bentley maki/ng a time machine at the end, the story would've been neatly wrapped up.
>>
3's story was retarded
4 has bad writing, characters start decaying and the boss fights are a complete downgrade from 2 and 3

Best one is 2, 1 i find it boring nowadays but 2 was a masterpiece
>>
File: latest.jpg (121 KB, 718x878) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
121 KB, 718x878
I'm in it for her.
>>
>>337340382
>designed by an actual furry scrawn-body Carmelita

Easily the worst part of Thieves in Time.
>>
>>337340382
I hated when they started sexualizing her, it's one of the reasons why i hate 4 so much. At least in the previous games was used as a joke and not as furbait
>>
>>337336979
He's a pretty sly guy.
>>
File: Sly3-carmelita2.png (425 KB, 470x900) Image search: [Google]
Sly3-carmelita2.png
425 KB, 470x900
>>337340382
>Disgusting furry abomination that is blatantly designed by some deviantart fuck's boner

Keep your filth, I'll keep my quality.
>>
>>337340943
>tall, with a substantial build
>little zipper bra thing and cropped jacket aside, dresses for her line of work
>drawn by someone who knows where the fuck a ribcage is
>doesn't have a long-ass snout and tons of fur tufts just so you know she's an animal

I don't know how they looked at the concepts/model for Thieves in Time Carmelita and thought they were okay, especially compared to this.
>>
>>337336979
I don't think about Sly Cooper
more like Sly Pooper
>>
>>337341383
Tennessee Kid Cooper is the best Cooper
>>
>>337340705
She has been sexualized since the very first game. Her design in 4 was just the worst. She was literally dressed like a prostitute cosplaying as a cop.
>>
File: that really rustled my genies.jpg (35 KB, 380x440) Image search: [Google]
that really rustled my genies.jpg
35 KB, 380x440
>>337341862
>Thieves in Time turned him from a cool gunslinger with a manly stache into Sly with a cane that shoots bullets sometimes
>>
>>337341321
Retards who got a license and though they could outdo one of the best studios out there, it was doomed from the start anon, Carm was always fucked, no mater what.

Thing is, it didn't even work. Sales were mediocre as fuck.
>>
>>337342953
The thing that bugs me the most is that Sanzaru handled the HD port of the other games. You'd think, after spending that much time with the series, that they'd know what made the other games work and stick to it.
Instead they tried too hard, dropped the comic book look, and delivered possibly the least interesting time travel story I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1449140943087.gif (1 KB, 210x230) Image search: [Google]
1449140943087.gif
1 KB, 210x230
>>337343228
Were you expecting anyless less of them to do anon?

Sony literally just threw it at some b tier shit publisher anon. Nothing good could have come out of it.
>>
>>337343534
I should hope that after going over something a billion times you might be able to replicate it at least halfway decently.
But then they decided to fuck EVERYTHING up instead.
>>
>>337340943
What is your greentext referring to? What is this "quality" you're talking about?

Are you implying Carmelita wasn't designed as furbait to begin with? She was always dressed like a skank
>>
>>337343748
She was designed as a woman first and an animal second, not the other way around like in >>337340382 that.
>>
I only played 3 and while it was fun all I mostly remember is giantess Carmelita and sabotaging a race.
>>
I liked the first game, it was a fun platformer, 2 and 3 just felt like mediocre mini game collections.
>>
SC1 was very much a remnant of PS1 era platformers.

SC2 was amazing.

SC3 was rushed out to cash in on the success of 2. Decent game but way too many minigames and extra characters.

SC4 was an alright reboot. Tried very hard to be SC2, failed, but ultimately a good effort. I enjoyed it more than 3 and 1. The final boss was awful though.
>>
>>337343748
Carmelita was designed to be stylish first. Sexy was part of of creating a comic book styled badass cop.

This shit is straight fetish pandering that completely goes against the style and intention of the character.

When Carmelita infiltrates a ballroom to take down a Cuban drug lord, her dress is appropriate for a low key investigation. When Carmelita put on this shit and shook her ass for ten fucking minutes to distract two random assholes she could have easily knocked out, it's sleazy furry bait.
>>
>>337344449
What the fuck it looks like her eyeballs are like an inch above the roof of her mouth.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEB4tpu415A
>>
>>337344449
The fact that there are something like twenty or thirty designs of her outfit that gets used to distract TWO PEOPLE for a minute is appalling.

>>337344892
Welcome to the wonderful world of people who only know how to color and highlight but don't know how bones work.
>>
>>337336979
All the games are really good.
>>
>>337345043
you okay mate
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.