[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark souls bosses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 16 - Sir Alonne.jpg (320 KB, 1348x990) Image search: [Google]
16 - Sir Alonne.jpg
320 KB, 1348x990
Which bosses in the Souls series gave you, personally, the most problems?

For me it's a tie between Fume Knight and Sir Alonne. It probably took me the longest to beat those two, no other bosses in any of the Souls games gave me that much trouble.
>>
>>337336475
I'm yet to beat ancient dragon in ds2. Shadow of yahrnam in bb probably killed me most when it comes to bosses that are necessary to progress. Didn't die more than twice to any boss in 3. Haven't found nameless king or ancient wyvern yet though.
>>
>>337336475
Kalameet in DS1 and Blood Starved Beast in BB totally ripped my anus apart in my first playtrough
>>
>>337336475
O&S and Manus
dark souls 1 was my first souls
>>
DeS: Flame Fucker
DaS1: Kalameet
DaS2: Ancient Dragon
DaS3: Pontiff

Ancient Dragon > Kalameet > Flame Fucker > Pontiff
>>
>>337337125
Don't be ashamed of not killing ancient dragon. It's the indisputable worst boss in From Software history.
>>
Orphan, Nameless King, Laurence, Ancient Dragon, Pontiff
Pretty much in that order.
>>
>>337336475
Dancer took me a while because I never found Smouldering Lake my first playthrough and i literally didnt get a single large shard to drop from any enemies so i didnt know that they could even drop at that point so I went in underleveled with a +5 mace and died in two hits on a boss that is effectively a damage, health, and stamina check. The only boss that comes close is one of those shitty defiled chalice bosses in Bloodborne but I cant remember the one off the top of my head.

Fume Knight i've never struggled with though. He telegraphs everything pretty well and the moment I saw that big fat sweep in phase 2, i knew i was just going to roll away until he did it all damn day. Probably took me about 3 tries I think. Still my favorite boss in the series.
>>
I always thought people hated Ancient Dragon because it was fucking boring, not because it was hard. It's got a pretty easy to follow pattern if you manage to make it stay near the edge, only took me two tries.
>>
>>337338235
That's pretty much it, every fucking boss in ds2 is boring as shit.
>>
>>337338410
I actually liked most of 2s bosses more than 3s.
>>
>>337338461
Not possible, DS3s bosses outshine anything in 2 by a large margin.
>>
>>337338235
It's both boring and difficult. All its attacks have huge AoE and each one of them 1HKOs even if you have very high VGR and heavy armor. The boss itself is also a damage sponge and takes very long to kill. It's a very long encounter where one fuckup results in having to start over.

I'm not sure if they nerfed it in later patches (which is good), but at least on launch Ancient Dragon was literal hell. Thank god it was optional.
>>
>>337338565
3s bosses were just "meh" to me besides Abyss Watchers, Pontiff, and Soul of Cinder
>>
Orestein and Smough, but not for the reasons you'd think.

>playing ds1 on pc using my ps4 controller
>get to drake&josh
>having some difficulty
>little did i know the ps4 controller was still controlling my ps4
>somehow managed to turn on my ps4 in the process
>somehow managed to expertly navigate to the store page
>somehow manage to buy ratchet and clank for $40
>wallet only refunds thanks sony

fucking dark souls stole my money
>>
>>337337781

More enjoyable than Bed of Chaos.
>>
>>337337781
bed of chaos
>>
>>337338610
>All its attacks have huge AoE and each one of them 1HKOs even if you have very high VGR and heavy armor.

It seems he got fixed in sotfs because his attack never did lots of damage.

Had no issues beating him with magic on range or with fists.
>>
File: 1462871357584.jpg (831 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1462871357584.jpg
831 KB, 1200x1600
>>337338919
>>
>>337338919
At least you didnt buy a crap game.
>>
>>337340104
yeah but i'm between jobs and $40 is quite a lot
my fault for not prompting for a password before purchasing i guess
>>
>>337339013
>>337337781
honorable mention goes to deacons of deep and pinwheel
>>
>>337341561
Deacons of the Deep isn't anything special in its badness
>>
ornstein and smough, manus, sir alonne, lud and zallen, orphan of kos, nameless king and soul of cinder
>>
>>337336475
Fume and Nameless King
Although the boss that made me rage the most was Dancer because this bitch rekt me like a dozen times while I was 1-2 hit from killing her.
I only played DS2 et DS3
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.